Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 06:03 AM   #16  

hey guys i hope everyone had a great op labor day weekend we went out of town and i stayed op all week end. woohoo the only thing is i didn't eat enough fruits and veggies i ate about half or so but not all of them maybe it didn't hurt me too bad.

my parents didn't have a good weekend my momma had a DNC friday and daddy got put on a low dosage insulin pill plus his breathing has been awful. i talked to him on friday morning and he couldn't hardly breath then when we got back i called to ck on them and he still was having trouble his breathing didn't sound as bad but you could tell he was wipedout. momma said yesterday he was going to work but he wasn't doing good. so please remember him in your prayers this is the first bad spell he's had and even though we knew it would happen it still makes me sad his cancer has been back almost 2 years and he's done so well at not letting it get him down.

well on another note wi's today wish me luck i'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:28 AM   #17  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Here is the link to the Rodeo pictures. Hope you enjoy. Give it a minute to load...it has music.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pembers/415978
Old 09-04-2001, 07:50 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quickie here, my scale says that I have gained 3# 's this weekend, mostly probably from yesterdays bbq, oh well didn't feel like facing the scale tonight, next week is soon enough. Anyway My sister and brother-in-law were over to have a big discussion with us, they are getting a divorce after after 13 years, it seems to be definite, and it also blows our disney trip because that was who we were going with. My mom and I and the kids may take off for a week to go camping or something, we will see. And I was sooooooo close to meeting pj too, what a let down, sorry girlfriend.

Well gotta go
Bren
Old 09-05-2001, 12:40 AM   #19  
Happy Member

Default HI owls!

Hey owlies!

I know I've been quiet lately, but last week was very crazy at work and I was bushed. This lovely Labor Day weekend, I was stuck with a darn cold. Phooey! I didn't get to go to the barn. Just felt lousy.

Anyhoo..
Just wanted to check in and say hello.

Hello!

Oh, dh and I got a digital camera late last week. I haven't been to the barn, but here's a pic of a pic of Irish. (the camera takes better pictures than this, but since it's only a pic of a pic, it's very grainy looking.
Let's see if this works.....
Ally
Old 09-05-2001, 12:44 AM   #20  
Happy Member

Hmmm....how come that didn't work? I put the file in the attach file box and it's a .jpg.

I'll try again, then I give up for now. Gonna get to bed with my tissue box. :::::::sniff, sniff:::::::::
Old 09-07-2001, 01:23 AM   #21  
Happy Member

Default Hello?

Hi again!

What's the matter, PJ, did you get tired of posting to yourself?
You gave up, didn't ya?

Sorry you've been lonely in here lately. I'm starting to feel better, though, so HERE I AM!! hee-hee Looks like you had a GREAT time at the rodeo!! I spent the weekend el-sicko....blech!

Ryan's first day of 1st grade was today. It was only a half-day, so it still hasn't felt "real" yet (had 1/2 day kindergarten last year and that was the PM class!---ugh, mornings ) Tomorrow is the first FULL day....lunch in the cafeteria and everything! It's gonna be weird for me (and for his little brother) for him to be gone for so long. I'm not sad about it though, because I know he's having fun. He loves school. I know, will I be saying that in a few years? I hope so! He was starting to get bored these past couple of weeks since the summer YMCA program ended. As I'm sure you all know, bored=trouble in the youngin's..right?

In other news, I SOLD my first item on Ebay today. It's kinda neat. I think I'm going to have to go to an Ebayer-anonymous group pretty soon, though. What I've found neat about it is, when you SELL something....then you BUY something that's close in price range....it all seems to even out, almost like trading. So, I'm selling some things I don't want or need (just the things I think someone else might actually want) and getting some stuff that I DO want or need. I'm also getting a bit of my ....dare I say it?.....CHRISTMAS!!!! shopping done this way. This is a first for me if I can hold out until Christmas to give the stuff. I LOVE to give presents, and whenever I get something for someone, I wanna give it to them NOW!

Well, I must get off to bed for my early morning WALK to school.
Goodnight!
Ally
Old 09-07-2001, 02:26 AM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Ally - Irish looks bodatious! Kind of looks like Missy seeing as he's a bay too.

As for my feeling lonely in here? Well.....sometimes yes and sometimes no because even though there are no responses at times....I know the Owls are lurking or sneaking in for a quick peek. It's a busy time for everyone now and as long as I can get in here to "vent" or whatever I need to do to feel better....I'll do it. I'm just glad I'm still a NIGHT OWL after all these years.

My knee surgery is this coming Monday. I'm excited to get it done and over with so I can start walking and exercising the way I used to again. I was at the hospital for my post operative check today and I haven't lost anything but that means I haven't gained anything either. No exercise means no losses and it's starting to get to me since I was on such a roll.

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all.....it's 2:23am here and as usual....I couldn't sleep so I figured the puter light and a little T.V. would do the trick and it has.....so I'll "see" you all later and guess what? IT'S FRIDAY to all you working girls out there!

Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 09-07-2001 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:47 AM   #23  

PJ the gardenia is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Ally..loved the horse too!

Bren..sorry about your trip!

jenni..hope your parents get better!

Judy Hi..do you have to take a teacher compentency test to get certified in your state??????????

My 2 yr. old Hardy Hibiscus..first bloom!
Old 09-07-2001, 10:32 AM   #24  

thanks candacej

momma is doing better but we found out that daddy's cancer is in advanced stages we'll know more wed. when he goes back to the doctor to see what the xrays showed. he's hoping that it's just fluid so he can work another month or two. so that he can finish up somethings where momma won't be left w/them

this has really throwed me off this week i'm hoping to do better this last part though. it's my weekend to work so i shouldn't have to much trouble staying op and getting my exercise.

you're right pj i'm one that ck's in everyday even if i don't post.
i know you will be glad to get to be active again. good luck w/your knee surgery is it the laser surgery they are going to do?

check with you all later
Old 09-10-2001, 03:53 AM   #25  

hey where is everyone?

just thought that i'd ck in and let you know how my parents are.

momma's recovered from her surgery so physically she's ok emotionally and mentally well let's just say she's as well as can be expected.

as for my dad he's quiting his job this wk his cancer has grew somemore and the dr said that its hurting his breathing now
the type of cancer hardens the lung wall so it makes it harder for the lung to expand so he has problems breathing

he's having more bad days than good now.

i decided that now matter what that i wasn't going to let it effect my weight loss because he's so proud that i'm finally losing the weight and that i would work to keep it off just for him. it gives me something positive to think about in this difficult time.

hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-10-2001, 09:59 AM   #26  
Happy Member

Hi everyone!

jennielou-
So sorry to see that things are getting worse for your Dad. I bet he's glad to have you as a source of support right now.

PJ-
I guess your surgery is today? Let us know how you make out! I'll be thinkin' about ya!

Candice-
I can tell by the short post you sent that your arm is still bothering you, huh? Hope it gets better soon! Pretty picture, as usual, though.

HELLO ALL YOU OTHER OWLS OUT THERE! HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU!

As for me, I went to the barn this weekend and my old friend was a little stiff. I felt so bad because he does so well when he's being ridden consistantly. Keeps the ol' joints well lubricated. I haven't been to see him in a couple weeks and Chrissy is still recovering from her C-section. She said she'll probably start riding him again this week, though, so that's good. He's nice and easy for her, unlike her younger guy. She'll start riding him in another week or so, though, and that means less time for Irish. But between her and I, I think we'll get him back to his usual self.
My weight is getting VERY close to that "under 200" mark! (see the signature below) Maybe by the end of the week?!?!? I hope so!
Here's another pic of my friend, Irish. Much better than the first one because this is right from the digital camera this weekend!!
Hope to "see" you all soon!
Ally
Old 09-10-2001, 10:05 AM   #27  
Happy Member

Default oops!

Sorry, I sent the same pic as before. I forgot what I named all these pics I'm loading!!

I'll try this again.....I'll get the hang of this yet!
Old 09-10-2001, 10:38 AM   #28  
Happy Member

Default oops!

Sorry, I sent the same pic as before. I forgot what I named all these pics I'm loading!!

I'll try this again.....I'll get the hang of this yet!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rats!
After lots of cropping, etc.....the file is TOO big for the 3FC's.
Oh, well. I don't know how to make it any better without cutting my friends legs off or something!

Old 09-10-2001, 11:22 AM   #29  
Happy Member

Default Another try

I set up a photo album on PictureTrail.com. You can view pictures of Irish there if you're interested.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...7831&members=1

If that doesn't work:
www.PictureTrail.com/petluver

Ally
Closed Thread