Tuesday...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: What is the one make-up item you can not live without?
Lip stick/gloss
26.67%
cover up
33.33%
powder
6.67%
eye liner
6.67%
eye shadow
0%
I don't like make up
6.67%
Other (do tell)
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hello all. Thought I would start for today.

My sugar craving got worse yesterday so I ended up not doing too hot. I went out and got a bunch of fruit incase that happens again.

Ok, post away.

Trish
  • Hey Trish... We all have those days (at least I do). At least you planned so it doesn't happen again!

My problem... I was the exercise queen the last 2 weeks, well, I can't go to the gym over lunch this week, so I have done nothing and I feel very sluggish. YUCK! I haven't even gotten my butt out of bed and walked the dog!!! Emma's 2 front top teeth are coming in and she is a crank monster at night. She wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and the only thing that will quiet her is cuddling with us. So she does... but then I don't want to get up in the morning! Ughhhh... I am TIRED!

Other than that... same old thing!
  • Rina: I was just reading yesterday's thread and I am sorry that you are having such a stressful time. What a great DF you have. I need a masage myself...but I don't know if anyone around where I live is certified to do a pregnancy one. I may have ot go to Chicago for that.

Well, next week is my birthday...and it is a scary one. I will be 31 years old. That really is not 20-something anymore at all. But I am still pretending that I am 20-something here. It is not that I mind being in my 30s at all...but I have been poting to this thread for so long (since I was 28 or so) that I hate to stop now. Is that OK?

Well, as I sit here I think I MAY be feeling the baby move. That is very cool. I was getting very worried about it. Called my Dr yesterday (people at work told me I really should be by now, somehting was wrong, etc...really freaked me out!) Dr. said not to listen to them and be more calm. He was not rude just firm. I really was freaking out a bit. But you know, I think it is ok to call them with questions etc. I mean, what do I know. Anyway, he did say he thinks I got pregnant again too soon. That I emotionally may not have been tough enough yet. I think that is an inapropreate comment. I mean really, it is after the fact and I did have his go ahead! Oh well, I still like him and trust him. But he did make me feel like a child and really embarressed for calling him. Oh well, what am I going to do about it now.

On the make-up, I was just having this talk with my sister. She is a lipstick girl. Puts it on all the time. I really like a little cover-up (I get this one place on my chin where my phone sits that is always breaking out with this one zit) and some eye makeup. I always forget to put on lip stick etc.

Well, hope you all had a good night and I will check back later.

trish
  • Jen: I am sorry that you are so tired. Maybe you can take emma for a walk after work? But next week you will be sure to feel great at the gym again. Don't lose the momentum!

Trish
  • Trish... it's you and I today!!! Don't worry, I won't lose the momentum... I have the bikini to wear on vacation!! Plus I am not going overboard on points, so I shouldn't be too bad!!!

As for the PG massage. I was suprised that one of our massage places had a certified PG massage person. Call and check it out!!! I have a cert for a massage and facial from my b-day that I haven't used yet... no time! I really have to make the time... too bad my job gets into the way of my social life!!
  • Hey, where is everyone today?
  • Hi All,

I am already getting stressed with school. It's going to be so much work and memorization. It doesn't help that I was given 25 hours of work this week, though it looks like I'll only have one class of Fridays at most which shouldn't be so bad. Anyway, life has been good and I am already meeting lots of my classmates. I think I am the oldest of the younger students, the rest are in their 30s or so. At least we travel with teh same bunch of people so it's nice to get some immediate familiarity.

Jen: yeah I am thinking of dropping my Y membership and getting one ehre at school since honestly I really have to work on my time management skills.

Trish: I especially love grapes and oranges for my sugar cravings.

A big hello to everyone!

Take Care!

Ali
  • Internet Police today...
    I'm here but can't get on the internet.
    I have a closing this afternoon anyways.
    Trish: Don't worry, you can post here for as long as you'd like!
    Happy birthday, soon! I remember when you turned 30! Awww!
    Hi to Jen and Ali, too! Bailey only got up twice last night! She's getting better, I hope. She's at the vet today getting a puppy check up.
    Better get going!
    Bye!
  • Re: makeup
    Oh yeah, I can't do without foundation! And eye liner, too! Sometimes I don't mind going without if I'm going to be around strangers. I didn't wear any makeup our entire honeymoon.
  • I can't live without my Clinique City Light cover up! Just under my eyes, to cover the circles that have plagued me all my life. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, how much water I drink, or anything, not even the many eye creams I've tried. Right now, I'm using the Body Shop's eye cream. The circles always there and drive me crazy. I hate them. Oh, and I guess I always wear mascara so my eyes don't fade away.

Trish: You better keep posting here! We can change the name to 20- and 30-somethings! For me, 29 is less than 2 months away, and that means 30 isn't far behind. I always figured I'd be married by the time I turned 30 and it's been seriously freaking me out lately. Back in high school, I figured I'd be married and have a baby before I was 25! Things change, I suppose.

Hi Jen, Stacey, Ali. Where is everyone? I know I haven't been around much lately. Lots of work, etc. Plus I feel guilty because I haven't really been following the program lately. I'm sorta trying, but not writing anything down. I didn't go to WI last week because I was cranky, PMSing and thought I had gained. I think it's leveled off this week and I'll go tomorrow. It bugs me that the first 20 pounds came over with relative ease, but I've been at a standstill since February! Sometimes I feel like I'm just throwing money away. I know it's my own fault, though, and I know I eat out way too much. I don't particularily like to cook, and cooking for one is depressing.

Ah, well.

Ladies, come on out and post!!
  • Howdy
    Hi guys! I have been so busy at work, just a quick note to say I am still alive.

I went for a walk with my dogs last night and my dog Barney is very stiff now and in pain. The vet says he needs long term arthritis meds now. Poor guy - in for bloodwork tomorrow and some tests. My poor puppy....I guess he isn't a puppy anymore. Barney is teh stray dog I found at a gas station in 1993. He is a big sweetie, very cute people love to kiss him and hug him, but he's not a bright lightbulb.

Last night Barney was crying to get on my bed. My mom's dog, Belle (yes, mom liked my nicname) was on my bed, she is younger and healthier and poor Barney wanted so bad to get up too. He cried and wimpered until I picked him up.

I am supposed to go out tonite but now I don't want to leave Barney!! Belle was upset by it too when he was crying....

Its all I can think about and I have so much work to do, I wanna leave early to get to Barney, make sure he's okay....dogs are like babies to us!!!

Trish - I get the sugar thing too - I have a caramel machiatto from Starbucks - can you have a decaf?? Try it!!

Jen - its not your fault you can't go this week!! Hang in there, you are doing great.

Ali - I am sure you will handle school just fine! I am jealous, even though you are super busy - I loved those days!! good luck!

Stacey - big hug to Baily (love the name!!)

Kim - hey girl!! I can relate on the cooking for one thing. I am bad, I keep a freezer of lean cuisines so I don't have to cook when I am alone. I know, its lame......you should still post when you are off program, that is what we are here for!!

On the makeup, chapstick is my thing - I have to have it. I don't care about any other makeup type product, but I must have moist lips!!!

Okay, I gotta go now.

Have a good day

B
  • Good afternoon everyone!!

I am here, but really busy at work!! Everyone needs computer help! Professors are back on campus!

I am afraid I don't have time to respond to everyone, but did want to wish Trish a happy birthday!! I think you and I are the "oldies" here!! (I turned 30 in July).

Everything is good with me. My DD started Kindergarten today, and was very excited. I have been eating at my low end of points for over a week now. I am doing really well! My WI is Friday morning. I am exercising on my treadmill every night. Tonight I am shooting for 3 miles at 4.0 miles/hr. I hope to eventually jog on it!

I just went shopping over my lunch hour and bought some really cute outfits for fall/winter. I must of lost a few pounds in the last two weeks, cause a size 7/8 fits much more comfortable now.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? DH and I are hoping to golf sometime this weekend, but that is about the extent of our plans. I am going thru our closets and taking a bunch of clothes to goodwill. With all the shopping I have been doing lately for the kids and I, I really need to weed out the old stuff.

Well, better get back to the grind....TTYL
  • Don't forget me Trish... I will be turning 30 sooner than I like!!! You aren't alone... I guess we can be the old wise ones here??
  • Yikes... I just realized that I have over 900 posts here! WOW
  • Yes, jen, but I will be 31...ahhhh....in like 8 days! Oh my, when did I get so old? Help, is that a gray hair I see?