Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 12:18 PM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default LDC Week 6 - Can you believe it is almost done???

Here we are, week 6. Even tho I won't make my weight goal, I made a lot of positive changes that will help me reach my goals in the future.

1) Joined a gym and actually go!!!
2) Doing more cooking at home instead of eating out
3) Cut my hair off to make me feel better... and my face looks skinnier!!
4) I did lose some weight!!!

Why don't we all post our accomplishments!!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 01:34 PM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

I didn't even come close to meeting my goal of 10 pounds, but I did accomplish a bit...

1.) Lost 2 pounds (definitely better than nothing, as I haven't lost anything in quite a while)

2.) Ran a 5K

3.) Can now run 4.5 miles at a time and do so at least 3 times a week!

Good idea to focus on the positive Jen!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:10 AM   #3  

Remember, we have close to 2 weeks left. Don't give up, but instead focus on the positives that have come out of the challenge! You may still lose some weight, I know I am banking on that!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:37 PM   #4  

Who is still in on the challenge??? Post here if you are and update us on how you are doing. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:54 PM   #5  
Holly GoLightly

Smile 6 pounds to go!

Hi everyone!

I have lost another 2.5....which brings me to 176!!! WooHoo!!! I don't know if I will lose the full 6 by Labor Day, but I am excercising and I start cardio kickboxing next week, so that should increase the loss!! Congrats to all who are still in it! We are really really close!
Old 08-28-2001, 11:29 PM   #6  

I'm so proud of how well everyone's been doing! I've been lurking but not posting again.

The first week of August my dad had emergency surgery to drain his pericardial sac. The biopsy of the fluid they removed revealed cancer. He has refused chemotherapy as it would do little to prolong his life and much to disrupt it. The oncologist gives him six months to a year to live. This has certainly been a blow to us -- my dad is only 58. Obviously Weight Watchers has not been my top priority.

However, life has gone back to normal (for the most part) -- Dad is home and back to most regular activities, and I've gone back to my meetings. I'm actually almost to goal -- down to 142.6 -- a full twenty pounds from where I started in May. (I'm not sure where I started on the challenge -- have to look that one up.)

My hubby has joined WW as well -- he lost 2 pounds his first week. I'm so proud of him!

Anyway, enough long-winded post from me. Just wanted to say I missed you guys and hang in there!
Closed Thread