Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #61  
Thursday Lady

Is it really Friday!
It's not raining!!!! There's no chance today and only maybe a scattered shower tomorrow and Sunday. This is the last of our vacation and we're planning on going down to Galveston on Sunday. We'll go to church and then go Wild. I'd like to go in the water.

Karla, it's been way too long since you posted. I'm glad to hear you are doing okay. Boy, you are one busy lady.
Have you ever been to Niagara Falls? (I've never been that far north.)
I see that y'all have been getting your share of rain. Maybe I need to rent a canoe to come get you.

Mimi, you need to post! Maureen, have you packed anything to move, even though it's in the same building?
Joybell, you are too quiet.
Terry, Jennifer, Sis----where are you???

Susan, what's the birthday girl doing on her day?
Amy, I want a report on your trip. Did you stay in the Moody Gardens hotel?
What did you eat? Seafood?

everyone have a great Friday
Old 06-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #62  
Susan

Morning,

If everyone crosses their fingers, we MIGHT get some rain!!!! I'll believe it when I see it!

This is real quick this morning.... I'm off to see my boyfriend the dermotologist. He is such a NERD but I love him. I've gone to him 20 years and he moved to a town north of here about 40 minutes away, that's ok it's just the opposite direction he was before. I go for my rosecea check and bi yearly inspection. I'm sure he'll come with the can to freeze off stuff! Yuck!!!

The birthday girl has NO plans! Believe it or not! Pat said he is going to have to work most of the weekend. Boo! He wanted to know what I wanted.... I said I think I'll take medical bills for my birthday. I had my CAT scan of my sinuses yesterday, then my crown coming up.

Karla, you cracked me up.... Yes the queen wants a new crown. I would love jewels in it but....

Tina, have fun in Galveston and live it up!!! You WILD woman!!!

Amy, you better post or I'll tell MOM! Oh what a threat

Tammy, are you EVER coming home? Or have you decided to live with Mickey Mouse? If so, we want to come visit!!!

More later....
Old 06-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #63  
I won't give up!

S/C/G: 242/195/170

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted lately. There hasn't been too much going on with me in the last two weeks. It's supposed to rain up to 6" by tomorrow. Ugh! I can't take much more of this rain. If it's not rain, it's the humidity. Thank God I work in a very nicely air conditioned office.

My sister agreed to be my WW "sponsor" so when I feel like eating everything in sight I can call her. I'm so glad that she's being so supportive unlike the rest of my family.

I was supposed to be going to Canada for the 4th of July weekend but I had a falling out with some family members so my plans have changed. I think my DH and I will be camping in RI for the holiday. Karla, I'm sure you're familiar with Burlingame? We go there every year. We got married in Point Judith at the Rose Nullman Park so it's nice to return every year and romance. I went to Niagra Falls when I was a child but I would love to go again. I think it would be a great vacation for me and DH.

Tina, have a great time in Galveston. I've never been there. It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. I wish I was going. Unfortunately, I don't travel much. The furthest West I've been was Reno, NV for a convention, but nothing in between. I've been to Canada, Mexico and all over the East Coast (mostly driving). I would love to go Northwest or Southwest.

Loodie, it's so nice to finally hear from you. Everyone seems to ask about you but I never knew your situation until now. Congratulations on the success of your surgery and your weight loss. It's such a great feeling to shop for closes in sizes you never thought you'd fit in again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Looks like I'm going to be stuck inside. The weathermen are talking tropical thunderstorms. I'm still waiting for the really loud thunderstorms. I love the ones that make me jump!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #64  

You are all proff my sister is MEAN to me. This is the way Sue and Luanne (our older sister) treat me. If I don;t do things there way they tell Mom.

Well now that the heat is not radiating from my back i can type and sit in the office chair.

Vacation was wonderful!

We stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel (if you get a season pass to the Moody Gardens the rooms are 25%off). Most of the time the kids were so tired we ate at the hotel. The food was good and the best part was breakfast was a buffet with a HUGE fruit bar.

There are 3 pryamids - Aquarium, Rainforest and Discovery pryamids, also a little kiddy water park. We did the aquarium twice - I just love the seals and penquins. They we did the Rainforest all 3 days and saw 2 Imax movies. One was a 4D SpongeBob movie and the Imax was about Africa and the "big 5 animals".

Then Saturday night we went down to Kemah (a city about 30 miles from Galveston) and ate at the Aquarium Restaraunt and did the broadway. Rob and the kids fed the sting rays (I just took the pictures). That was fun!

Then Sunday we played in the water most of the day. This is when i became the french fry.

We were going to play Monday but with the rain in Houston - we decided to come on home.

Well I need to go - my cell phone is ringing and it is Sue.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #65  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Finally checking in for the week. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I had a VERY nice birthday week end. We went to Red Lobster. I also went and picked out some summer clothes. Not a lot, just a few things.

It seems like I don't have much time on here anymore. I only get here about once a week. Sorry about that but I do try to check in at least once a week. I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been pretty good the last week. I am getting a bit more motivated now that summer is here I think.

Susan, Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great one.
Loodie, congratulations on your successful surgery. Keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling.
Tina, hope you have fun in Galvaston. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week end. Our weather here is going to be quite nice I think. Take care...... Sis
Old 06-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon everyone
just checking in also. Glad to see everyone's well and keeping busy. our weather here has been nice also-probably not as hot as you southern belles are experiencing but still nice and pleasant. Tina hope you're having a great time in Galveston- and sis-happy belated birthday...Susan is your birthday this weekend?? have a good one-it looks like a lot of us have birthdays around this time-mine's july 15-i'm probably older than methusala but do i ever feel great these days-i bought a new pair of rollerblades-a real nice up grade from the ones i was given and boy what a difference- I went out this afternoon for a skate and do i feel good right now-now ladies I'm telling you this so you won't give up hope-I'm going to be 59 on the 15th!! Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend and a super week if i don't post until next weekend. Take care of yourselves, you're worth it

maureen
Old 06-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #67  
Thursday Lady

Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday dearest Susan
Happy day to you!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 AM   #68  

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Susie Q
Happy Birthday to you

Sue- Remember 2 things:
1) You will never be older than Chuck, Duane or Lu
and
2) I will ALWAYS be the youngest, cutest, and Dad's Favorite!
Love ya Lots -
Old 06-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #69  
Susan

Thank you, thank you, thank you
Had a great day yesterday, we ate out all three meals! I got an IPOD radio/alarm clock. It's great! We walked the dogs and played with them alot. Went to the mall but didn't buy anything.

Tina, I loved the singing!!!

Amy, NO I AM DADDY'S FAVORITE!!!! He told me. He just pays attention to you so you won't cry I'm glad ya'll had fun at the concert.

Tammy, did you survive Disney World?

Karla, how are you sweetie? We've missed you.

Jennifer, the same goes for you too!

Maureen, I am so impressed with you, Girl!!!!! I'm glad you get to move to a larger place, bummer you have to move again.

I'm having lunch with one of my student's and her mom today. She is the one that broke my nose. I just love that kid. I've been missing her. The other one's parent called last week and I'll get with them sometime soon too.

Have a great day.... oh I can't believe I'm up again on the scales after my birthday. I was actually down and I'm up 2 pounds. What's the deal with that???
Old 06-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #70  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy----
Are you home yet?????

Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #71  
Susan

I'm thinking Tammy RAN off with Mickey!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #72  

If Tammy got to run off with Mickey, i think we need to form a search party and go after her.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #73  

Height: 5'8"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!! I know it was yesterday, but I wasn't on the computer yesterday!

How's everyone today?!

I can't believe June is almost over. I'm on vacation next week so hopefully I'll get to relax a little. Work has been getting on my nerves lately. Not to mention that the mortgage industry is going thru a tough time right now and my bonuses have disappeared.

Tina, where's the canoe??? It rained ALL wknd long AGAIN! I can't believe this weather, I'm so tired of the rain. Susan please take it, TAKE IT!!! LOL

I've been to Niagara Falls several times, my mom loves it. I've been to both sides, the US and the Canadian, they're both different but I like them both. It's about 8-hr drive from here.

Amy, I'm taking notes! LOL

Jennifer, that's great your sister is going to be your sponsor. There's nothing like having someone to support you thru this journey. I'm definitely familiar with Point Judith, it's beautiful over there. Too bad the weather hasn't been cooperating. I love the ocean, I love watching it. Not much of a beach person as in lay there and turn to a crisp...lol, but I do love watching it. DH and I went to Bar Harbor ME last year and boy was it gorgeous over there! Sitting by the rocks and waves crashing a few feet from us. LOVED IT!

I don't travel much either, wish I could! Would love to head west one day.

I think we should go look for Tammy. Tammy & Mickey sitting in a tree... k i s s i n g! LOL
Old 06-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #74  

LOL You are all hilarious!! Would you believe we didn't see Mickey? Saw everyone but him. I was a bit bummed. I was also bummed because I couldn't do as much as I'm used to doing there. I just wasn't able. The wheelchair was a lifesaver though. I still went back to the hotel and slept every afternoon.

We were at freshman orientation today. It is still going on tomorrow, but we decided that since we wouldn't see Tim all day on Tuesday and the parent sessions looked BORING, we'd just come home and start laundry. Fun, huh?

Tim is doing an early class from Wed-Fri, so we'll pick him up Fri afternoon.
I'm tired and I'm going to go to bed.

Happy birthday by the way. sure wish I had a piece of cake!!!

Maureen, my son watched the hockey game while we were at Disney. He came back to the room from the parks early just to watch it. He was rooting for the Oilers.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone
Tammy welcome back-Glad to see Tim was rooting for the Oilers-they may not have won the Stanley Cup, but they sure won the hearts of a lot of people. The fans were incredible-I don't really follow hockey(I don't even know the names of the teams anymore-there are just too many) but I sure watched these playoffs. The letters to the editor in the local newspapers here came from all over, even Raleigh, commenting on how much class the fans had.
Any way, went roller blading tonight and i sure enjoy the new skates-what a difference.

hope all have a great day tomorrow on program. we're worth it

maureen
Closed Thread