Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #46  

Tina, I couldn't believe it either about the dresses. You know what else places don't have? Slips. Today I bought a new watch. White gold with pearl accents so it goes with the rest of the jewelry. I'm never this coordinated, so everyone should mark their calendars. A dozen roses!!! What a guy!!! Tell him that I like roses too.

Amy, have a wonderful trip! My sunscreen is packed also.

I am going to bed. Kramer is already snoring in his bed beside the computer table. lol
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #47  

Just returned from taking Kramer to the doggy hotel. I felt so much better leaving him there than with the vet which we have done in the past. The owners are true dog lovers. The man took Kramer from me, cuddled him to his shoulder and started talking to him. He even gave K a kiss on the cheek. I didn't cry like I usually do because I could tell that he was going to be ok. The wife is out of town, but she will be back on Sunday. I know she'll love on him too because I've seen her with her own dogs. lol

Bob is washing the van. Tim went to the bank to get some $$. I'm thinking that a nap would be just the thing. We are planning to leave at 5:00 tomorrow morning.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #48  
Susan

Ok I was thinking that NO one was posting and it was ME!!!! I never got the notices. Anyways, it's been a busy week....

I've been at a workshop all week on behavior strategies. I learned alot and came away with some new things in my pocket that I'll be using in the fall. Oh yea, I got paid for it too, so that was good.

Here's the scoop on the dentist..... I have to have a NEW CROWN because I broke off some of the tooth. It's had a root canal and I've worn down the post so I'll have to have it rebuilt. So doesn't that sound like fun? At least he glued it back on for the time being..... I go next week.

I start my allergy shots in July since I took the steriods for my sinus infection. Actually if my head still hurts on Monday, I'll be calling my ENT again. The steriods are making me want to eat everything . NOT GOOD.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have fun on vacations!!! Wish I was going on one.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 AM   #49  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you good-bye.

I haven't been getting notices, either.

Susan, hope you don't get a headache. Your dentist visit didn't sound like fun. Yuck to a new crown and all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #50  
Susan

It seems like everyone is on vacation. Hope everyone is having fun and bringing us something good back!

On Tuesday, my friends daughter (22) was on her way back to college to gather her things. The college is in a town about 30 minutes north of here. She was in an accident and hit by an eighteen wheeler. She was Careflighted to Parkland hospital and is in coma. It will be a week on this Tuesday. Please keep her in your prayers. I've called my friend and left her a message and then called her best friend. I just want her to know that I'm here even though I don't know if I could do much.

Hope the Mavs win tonight!!!

Oh Canadian friends, is it true that you don't lock your doors? I saw that on tv because here we lock our doors to our houses. I was just curious and thought I'll just ask my friends...
Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone's been ok. Haven't been doing too much here, it's been raining just about every day so no roller blading in over a week, but still managed to lose 2 lbs. Susan I don't know where in Canada they were talking about, but I'm sure most of the Edmontonians lock their doors. I know I sure do. They may have been talking about some very small town somewhere. Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter.

Well, I'm moving into a 2 bedroom apartment on July 1st. One became vacant in the building and the lady who manages this place seems to like me so I got it. It'll give me a room for the computer and the living room and balcony are much bigger than what I have right now. I'm on the 3rd floor now and the other apt is on the 2nd floor. Shouldn't be too hard to move-I'll just pack a box or 2 (not even wrap dishes etc) unpack in the apt and get someone to help with the furniture. She'll give me the keys as soon as the people move out.
Tonight our hockey team ,the Edmonton Oilers play against the Carolina Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup. It's the last game whoever wins this one is the Stanley Cup Champion. I don't really follow hockey, but our fans here are so amazing that you can't help but get caught up in all the excitment.

I hope you all have a great day and cheer for the Oils...

maureen
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #52  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Talking A Loodie Update

Hi all.

Susan I got your private message a couple weeks ago & rather than reply to only you, I intended to post to the board for everyone. Well, time got away from me and it took lots longer than I intended.

I did have surgery 3/1, the Roux-en-Y. For those that don't know, it is the one where a new stomach is created--VERY small--holds about 2 oz. max. The surgery was laproscopic so I have 6 small incisions (about 1/2-1" long). I had the surgery on Wednesday a.m. and was home again on Friday a.m. I was eating (full liquid diet) & walking on the afternoon of the surgery. All in all I came through very well. The only qlitch was a very bad cold the week after surgery--hurt when I coughed.

I have been sticking to the diet pretty religiously--only eating the things permitted. I am now eating 3-4 oz. per meal. I try to get in 2-3 oz of that as protein & the other as fruit or vegetable. I gradually go up in portions for the first year until I get to 8 oz. meals next February. The eating program is monitored for the first year. Basically the only foods I can't eat until December is bread, beef & apples. I need to stay away from sugar products--this is the one thing that will make me throw up. Also fats are not good (but then I have stayed away from those for years). I eat 3 meals each day and usually a light snack in the evening (& sometimes in the afternoon). Snacks are rice cake, LF, SF pudding, air-popped popcorn, or fruit (1/2 orange, 1/2 c. melon, etc.). I have learned that I usually need to eat every 4-5 hours. If I get hungry, I eat too fast & that does not have good results. I also need to be sure to take the supplements (especially the protein).

Those are the restrictions--Now for the benefits. I was taking 2 meds for blood pressure & am not taking any now. The acid reflux & gall stone meds will stop on 9/1 (6 months after surgery when new stomach is fully healed).
I can walk (quickly) 2 miles or walk/ride bike combo for an hour without a problem. I couldn't walk more than 1-2 blocks before the surgery. Walking upstairs with a laundry basket used to mean sitting for 15 minutes to be able to catch my breath before I could put the clothes away. Now I can go up and down the stairs 3-4 times without getting tired. I can tie my shoes, cross my legs at the knee, cross my arms, etc. I was wearing a size 26 (3X-4X) and now am firmly in an 18 (not plus, regular 18) and some size 16 depending on style. I have discovered I still have figure. I have lost 5" around each thigh & can wear skirts & walk without my legs chafing. I have lost nearly 1/2 of the 126# I wanted to lose in less than 4 months.

My sadness has been to have to get rid of all my nice career clothes. I have learned that Goodwill & Salvation Army are good sources of wardrobe, while I am passing through this size. For the first time in years I wanted to buy a swimsuit (We have 3 pools in the development community I live in) & couldn't find one that I wanted to wear. My daughter found one that was too small for her & gave it to me--I like it & it was free.

I'm at work so better shut down for now, but promise I will start posting more often. It is so nice to have a history with this group.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #53  
Susan

Morning,

Can you believe that I have already exercised and walked all 4 dogs? I counted walking the dogs for riding my bike this morning. I might still ride it once I've cooled off some.

So they say in some parts of Texas got rain this weekend, but not HERE. We went to that wedding on Saturday night and it poured there so at 3 in the morning it was raining all the way to our county line and stopped. Go figure!

Loodie, thanks for the information! We have all been thinking about you. You are doing an AWESOME job!

Maureen, oh good because I thought I can't believe people don't lock their doors... and I know how the news slants things at times.

Tina, did ya'll get any rain?

Amy, are you a cripy critter? Too bad I wasn't invited to go along!!!! I never am!! Ya'll she is such a mean little sister! Oh what would I do without her!!!!

Tammy should be having a blast by now!

Karla, Jennifer.... where are you girlies?

Somebody has a birthday today and I can't remember who? So please let me know. I do know mine is Sunday.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #54  
Thursday Lady

Glub, glub, glub
Is it raining!??! Yes, it's raining! The water has gone down in our street but lots of places it's really bad. Everyone who can stay home from work is supposed to. One area of the south loop has been at a standstill for over 2 hours. The people can't get off. People are just stuck there in their cars.
Larry is on vacation this week. We aren't doing a thing today. Maybe we'll make to a movie.

Sis, have a wonderful birthday.
Susan, I'm very sorry about your friend's daughter.
Loodie, it's so good to hear that you are doing okay.
Mimi, how are you?
Karla, Terry, Jennifer, Joybell, how are y'all?
Amy, did you have a blast in Galveston. I want a play-by-play account.
Maureen, I'm so glad you can move into a larger apt.

Everyone have a good OP day.

Yes, I imagine Tammy is having a ball.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:16 AM   #55  
Susan

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear SIS
Happy Birthday to YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #56  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone today????

Sis, how was your birthday party?

I'm sure Tammy is having a blast.

Susan, did y'all get any of this rain? I'll give it all to you.

Where is everyone lately???????

It stopped raining but is at it again. I may turn into a duck.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #57  

Well we made if bck from Galveston late last night.
We had a wonderful time!
Yesterday morning we were worried about all the rain Houston and Galveston was having. After packing up, we made a made dash for it. The highways we had to take we both CLEAR and hardly any traffic.

Tina - I was worried about you. Were you in the flooded area? When we were coming down IH10 I could see the flooding on the side of the road. I prayed you were safe.

I will give a more detail about our trip later. Right now I need to take the kids and go grocery shopping. AFter being gone 4 days we have no milk, bread, eggs, or lunch meat. The natives are hungry!

The rain is suppose to hit here in the next 3 hours. WE need it!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #58  
Susan

Howdy,

Tina, NO RAIN HERE!!! and it's not in the 5 day forecast. Oh my little plants need it so bad! I'm glad ya'll are safe. Amy called to check on you and I told her that I had gotten an email from you. I cant' believe all that ya'll are getting.

Oh Little Krispy Sis got sunburned. It doesn't take much to burn us lily white ones.

I got in touch with the ENT. I'm back on another 10 days of very strong antibiotics and will be going for a CAT scan. I can tell them what they will find. Actually, I should just give them Amy's.

I had lunch with my girl friend today. We ate Japanese. It's our favorite thing to eat. We love California rolls (everything is cooked) and then she got a salad with seared beef. I told her the beef needed to be seared a little more for me to eat.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #59  
Thursday Lady

Thank you to everyone for worrying about Tina!
The rain is gone--for now. The sun was out bright and shining today. Larry mowed the front yard.
Happy Summer to everyone!
I'm really back OP now that all birthdays are over with. I've got to get rid of this fat.

Susan, are you prepared for having a wonderful birthday!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #60  

Height: 5'8"

Hello everybody! How’s everybody doing? I hadn’t been able to post in a while, things have been a little crazy for me lately. Work, some days off, b-day parties, graduation parties, have relatives visiting right now, then more are coming after they leave, it’s the end of the month at work (also known as crazy time…lol), plus I’m on vacation the 1st week of July and we’re planning on going to Niagara Falls and also to NJ to visit family.

Weather has been typical New England. We have hot & humid days, a couple of really nice sunny days, thunderstorms like crazy, rain and more rain. I don’t even know what to wear anymore…lol.

Susan, how’s your friends daughter? That’s terrible what happened to her, I hope she’s doing ok. The queen needs a new crown huh? LOL, kidding, just being silly. At least you don’t need another root canal. Hey someone has a B-DAY coming!

Maureen, that’s great you get more room. Moving can be a pain, but it’s good you’re getting a bigger place.

Loodie, nice to meet you, I’m Karla. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. I’m sure you’re going thru a lot of changes right now and it sounds like you’re doing great. I know what you mean about the clothes, but Salvation Army and Goodwill are good places to go. There are a couple of stores here, one is Savers and they sell used clothes too.

Tina, did the rain stop yet? I was going to rent a canoe to go get you! It was pouring over here this morning. When I came into work there was nothing, then 10 minutes after it was like someone had turned on a shower, now it’s gone, crazy.

When’s Tammy coming back from Disney?

Ok, time to get some work done. Have a great day everyone and a wondeful weekend!
Closed Thread