Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #1  

Unhappy Staying on Tack ... I'm not alone right?

I attend WW meetings on Tuesday nights and I go to my yoga class right after the meeting. So needless to say I'm pretty pumped to eat well and get into shape on Tuesday nights. The problem is, even though I do workout tapes at home and go to yoga on thursday nights too ... I have trouble getting myself to stay within my points. It's not like I have a crazy binge every day but I do go over my points daily and I know I exceed my flex points each week. I know day to day that it can be done but for some reason I keep thinking, "oh well I'll just get back on track tomorrow."
Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone have anything that helps them to stay on track?
Thanks!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #2  

Its a life change. You cant just change your bad habit in a day. Just keep reminding yourself all the positive thing that will happen when you once lose the weight. especially how healthier you will feel and active.

There is days where I go have fast food restaurant all day. But you just have to make sure the portion size and how much you want to intake. .. I was a bad girl today. I did have burger king for lunch and dinner.. BUT i didnt go over my points. and to top it off I didnt work out. ( i know bad me but its been a LONG day).. I always told myself I wont work out on the weekend BUT if i miss a day during the week i will use my weekend to walk/run.. Hang in there I know you can do it!! We believe in you ..

Good luck. you can do it!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/180/147

Question Oh My Gosh Im Not Alone!!!!!

I am so frustrated I cannot stay within my point value. I have been a weight watcher member for over a year I did great in the beginning but now they have taken points away and I cant lose weight I am at a stand still and if I do lose weight I gain it right back so I am tryin to do better I have tried more fiber more protein but I still want more. I exercise A LOT in fact I am addicted to working out and I only drink water, flavored selter sparkling, etc. I am so frustrated so if anyone finds out a secret to staying within your points please tell me!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #4  

When I first started on WW, I would only allow myself so many points for meals and snacks. Example: I am in the 18-23 point range...

(22 points)
Breakfast: 3 points
Snack: 2 points
Lunch: 7 points
Snack: 2 points
Supper: 7 points
Snack: 1 point

That helped me a lot. Make sure you are eating your snacks. If you don't you will be so hungry at your meal times that you will overeat. Your brain will be telling you're body that it's starving and make you consume more food than you normally would. On top of that, your metabolism will slow down.

Also I try not to go out to eat much because it's easy to get out of your points range when you eat restarunts greasy foods. When I did go out to eat, I would get plenty of veggies or a low point soup and eat it first before I ate the higher point foods I had on my plate. That way you'll start getting filled up on veggies and maybe not eat as much of the high point foods.

You've also got to think when your going to eat something like a little piece of candy that's 3 points, is it really worth it? Yeah, it may taste good, but that is 3 points that you could be using towards eating something more filling and healthy like a cup of grapes and some string cheese or even a big homemade pizza wrap (yep, only 3 points)!!!

You can stay in your points range, but you've got to try and put a little more thought into what you are eating. You CAN do it. And make sure your getting in plenty of veggies too! They're filling and 0 points, so find you some good recipes! :-)

Don't put it off until tomorrow to do better, you've got to do it today. Once you get it down a couple of days, it'll get easier. Also when you first start WW, it is a little hard to stay in your points range because your still learning your points values. Soon, you'll start remembering points values for certain foods and you'll have a better idea of what you need to eat and not eat. It's a little tough at first, but you can do it. You've got that willpower in you.

I think I've jabbered enough now. :-)

Heather
Old 06-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

Hello, All!

I started WW last year and was able to lose 20 pounds. My goal was to lose 50, so I still have a long way to go.....Some days I can feel myself slipping back into my old ways of eating, so I wanted to join you all in trying to stay on track!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #6  

Hello! Just keep in mind that it's one day at a time. If you can make it through one day your doing good! lol Try not to think about the next. Just focus on then. Pretty soon after that you'll just be in a habit and won't even think about the next day and just stay w/ in points no prob. I hope you all are having a fabulous week!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #7  

Ok girls ... I have my sister's wedding this weekend and so hopefully after that I'll be able to jump back on track! I also wanted to see if anyone has tried the 100 cal packs of the kebler fudge stripes cookies? They're AMAZING!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/280/200

Height: 5'4

Smile hey

Ive had them...I like the 100 cal packs of baked cheetos...there cheaper and there good. its not bad for 2pts.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I am having the same problem...again. You're not alone. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it. I'm going to work on a weekly menu tomorrow to keep myself on track and eat ONLY what I have typed up for that day.

chris
Old 06-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

chrily, you are doing great. Hang in there. Don't be hard on yourself. You have lost 22 lbs already. That is a huge accomplishment. You are gonna do it!!! I just know it.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Pacemom- It is so hard...I keep trying to remind myself that I'm 1/3 of the way there. I think the worst part is that I've been at the same weight for so long now, losing more seems almost impossible. I'm fed up enough with my body right now though, that I'm gonna try my hardest. I can usually get a handle on my eating fairly fast, but trying to find time for exercising is rough.

Chris
Old 06-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #12  

Chrily, Try to find some sort of exercise that you enjoy doing. Maybe swimming or biking. Something that doesn't really seem like dreaded exercise. Make it something fun. I have an exercise ball and that's alot of fun. I'm sure I look silly, but it's fun. It doesn't have to be anything hard and unenjoyable. You can do it!!!! I used to go to curves and I didn't like it at all. It was the same thing over and over. I like to change things up a bit. I also like to walk around my neighborhood. You don't have to power walk, just take it slow. Take your whole weight loss journey slow. The key is sticking to it. I used to want the weight off immediately, but that just was not realistic. ww may take a little more time, but you are doing it the right way. I got faith in you kiddo!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #13  
Focus on the Process

I have an exercise ball but what to do with it???? I'm not quite sure. I haven't even took it out of the box yet. I LOVE to walk! Inside, outside, on the sidewalk, in the woods..it don't matter. Of course, just down the block we have a track I can walk on. I should do that and kick up the tunes in my player and just walk and think.

Chris
Old 06-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #14  

Chris, Everyone misses you on the other thread. We want you to come back there. Well the exercise ball thing, I don't really know what you do with it, I roll on mine, but I also do sit ups on mine to. Or should I say I did, my son put a hole in mine!! I saw one at walmart that had a dvd with it, I think I need that one!!! How are you doing on ww?? I bet you are doing great!! I bet you are an exerciseaholic too!!! Take care and write me back!!!

Last edited by pacemomof4; 06-29-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Pacemom-I said I liked to walk...actually doing it is another story. As far as WW, I'm doing okay with it. If I have enough foods to choose from and don't feel like I'm being overly restricted, everything just falls into place. I think that's why I had a hard time when I tried SB and went to a weight loss clinic. Of course, with the weight loss clinic, I think they had my calorie count too low, because with WW I'm eating more and lost my first 1.5 lbs in ages. SB isn't something I could hold onto for the long run either. Frankly meat, eggs, cheese, a the veggie diet of that was really getting to me. I think my taste buds got killed. LOL. After a while, you don't even want to eat any of that stuff.

I wish I were braver and not so shy around everyone. If I were bolder, I'd go to actual meetings. But of course, I'm one of those people who feels totally unworthy of being talked to because of my size. I duck down aisles in stores to avoid people from high school or that I haven't seen for a long time because I'm so embarrassed about my weight. Even had an ex boyfriend from junior high ask me once if I was pregnant...mind you this was AFTER I had my oldest daughter. How freakin' embarrassing is that! My adult life is plagued by one ego bursting moment after another. That is one of the reasons I want to lose weight, along with the health benefits of it. IT would really help my joints out with my rhuematoid arthritis.

Chris
Closed Thread