Thursday's Daily Thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Coke or Pepsi? (diet of course!)
Coca-Cola
36.36%
Pepsi
27.27%
Dr Pepper (special vote for you Trish!)
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hi girls, how are we all doing today?
    Looks like I'm turning into the official thread starter! Sorry for the length of this post - I got carried away!!
    Lolly - I had trouble voting for a while too in the polls. For some reason it looked like I hadn't voted, but when I refreshed the screen I had. Maybe that'll work for you?
    Kim - fingers crossed for you. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm sending good luck vibes from across the pond. Just focus on how relieved you're going to feel on Saturday.
    Belle - how did it go last night? Did you sort that boy of yours out? Details please.
    Kierie - so, you're wearing your Claddagh ring the other way huh? What hand is it on? From what I remember, if you wear it with heart pointing out on ring finger on right hand it means you are single, same finger but with heart pointing in then you are attached. If you wear it on the ring finger on the left hand with heart pointing out you are engaged and same finger but heart pointing in you are married. For those who don't know, a Claddagh is an Irish ring in the form of two hands clasping a heart, usually given as a token of love.
    We want to know ALL about your "friend".... Hooray on getting to 190! When do you reckon you're starting at UCD? I'll have to come over to Dublin to meet you! (And stop by my exBF's place and get a T-shirt back!).
    Trish - thanks for all the advice on living with BF. He's already well aware of my faults (I'm quite anal - I like things to be tidy and in their place). But I'm aware of these things too so I try to be more tolerant and not get stressed about dishes not being done. I guess we'll see how it goes and hopefully not have to make too many big compromises! Oooh - there's a programme on here in the UK called The Real Birth Show. It's a shame you can't watch it. Last night two of the women on it had had premature births where the babies didn't survive and were pregnant again. This time round, one delivered prematurely again and the other managed to hold on (thanks to a stitch in her cervix!) till 38 weeks. Both babies are healthy and doing well. It's quite emotional, oh, and hideously graphic (you see the births).
    Stacey - how's your tooth doing? Don't you still have to get something done to it?
    Sarah - do you reckon you and DH will be trying for a baby soon? BF and I are discussing getting a kitten (I know it's not quite the same!) when we live together. I don't want to get one till after I'm finished my weather-girl training cos otherwise he'll get to spend more time with it!
    Rina - I find it difficult to eat very fatty/greasy foods these days (and I think there are others with the same problem). It might be that your body just can't take them anymore, and you should use it as motivation to stick to healthy foods from now on. Of course, you could go ask the Taco stall for a refund...
    TOM=time of the month, DH=dear husband, BF=boyfriend, hochmagandy=sex (it's a Scottish word which actually means sex for recreation not procreation between an unmarried couple!), WI=weigh in. Any more you want explained? You've lost me on the LMAO though...??
    Jen - can you change the settings on your IM so that your screen doesn't flash?
    Hey Shalyne - good to see you. How's your Mom doing now?
    Roll Call: Brenda, Ali, Kay, Tonya, Emily, Janet, Julie, Casey, Steph, Becky, Lisa, Heather, Suzanne, OtherJen, Lola, Lori, Annie, Faith, Cheryl, Kirsten, KT, Kristen, Angie, Penny, Hunter and April Marie. Where are you guys? Come out and post! All those that have fallen off the WW wagon are cordially invited to step back on and get shifting those pounds. Anyone I missed out of the list, that includes you too!
    Right, I better do some work. I might go officially weigh in today (once you get to your goal weight, you have to weigh in 6 times a year to keep "Gold membership"), so wish me luck,
    Love Kirsty
  • Good job on the Roll Call Kirsty... I haven't seen some of those people in ages!!

I didn't get to walk Sadie again this morning because it is still raining... booo hooo. I did walk her around the block last night tho!

OH and I got my hair cut last night. I went in with all intentions to let it grow out.... Now it it chopped into a bob. My hubby's jaw dropped when he saw me. I can do so many different styles with it tho! It should be fun!!! Oh and I have been at work for 15 minutes and no one has noticed yet!!!

Other than that... same old with me. I will be back later for more!!
  • Now that I've been roll called.... I'd better come out and play!

Things here are good. My WW classes are going well EXCEPT we've had a run of bad luck with 2 (count 'em) dodgy scales one after another. It's very difficult having a meeting when the members don't trust the scales!! So I've gotten a new one that 100% accurate, and hopefully this will mark a more tranquil time at the scale.

I'm also dealing with another common post WW issue... I have to have my gallbladder out. Anyone with any experience in this regard? Let me know!

Have a good day!

L.
  • I'm here and I am LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, so I made lifetime last night! Whooo hoooo! I also was approached about being a leader and receptionist. I think I'll start receptionist training soon and then I'm off to leader school (three Saturdays). I am so excited and I want to thank all of you for your support. This board is the way I made it to lifetime.

Sorry I'm being a bit sappy...I just want ya'll to know

Lola ~ How are your meetings going? Was leader training difficult? I need to know the scoop! As far as the gall bladder thing, I have stones in mine, but that was pre WW. I haven't had any problems since I started WW. I hear the removal surgery is really easy and you recover fast. The pain of the attacks is aweful, though. If my attacks come back I'll have to get mine out. Which brings me to...

Rena ~ Hi there! Sorry the food made you so sick. I have had the same problems with restaurants my entire life. The only time I never got sick from a restaurant was the one I worked at. It was incredibly clean and they cooked and handled the food really well. Our boss was a "hard a**" so the restaurant was run perfectly. At most restaurants you never know how clean the kitchen is and how the food is handled. Something as simple as a little detergent residue on the plates can make you really ill. Also, old oil for frying can also give your body trouble. This is why me and my DH cook all the time. I haven't been sick in a long time. I hope you feel better!

Jen ~ The hair sounds so cute! I tried growing mine out and it looked terrible, so now its just at my shoulders and flips up on the ends. I love short hair!

Kirsty ~ Lucky you! I have to weigh in every month to maintain lifetime membership. Good luck!

Hi everyone else! Talk to ya'll soon
    Kay
  • Way to go KAY!!!
    Yippeee! How cool for you!
    I can't post right now, have to get busy, but I just wanted to say
    I voted for Dr. Pepper. I am a fanatic!!! But, I do like Diet Coke.
    Bye for now!
  • OK-I have been MIA, I admit it! But I am back-I was on vacation, home doing wedidng stuff...then DF and I went to Niagara Falls-we stayed in a B and B in a quaint town called Niagara-on-the -lake-it was really fun. Then I got back and started my new job-my first job as a real, full fledged doc! So far, so good-everyone has been really nice about orienting me and stuff...
    In terms of WW, I have been off the wagon a little bit, so to speak....but I will weigh in today, so wish me luck!!! The good news is, there is a Bally's about 2 minutes down the road from the new job, and I have a lifetime membership there, so I can go to the gym on the way home! Whoo hoo!!!
    I have been lurking occasionally....Kay, kierie and Jen, congrats on the losses!!! that's awesome! Belle {{{ Hugs}}}-hang in there-be strong! Don't let hime treat you that way!
    Bye for now!!!
    oh-I voted Diet coke! I am an addict-I am convinced I am going to die of whatever cancer Nutrasweet causes!!!
  • UGH! its another crazy day
    ok my friend and i have been friends for 4 years and until the last few months we just platonically flirted then it got to be more mind you he lives across the pond ummm hes a puter professional and he plays rugby on the side he has a tummy but hes also buf in his own lil way we spent the whole week together ny in a heat wave and torrential rains museums dinner shopping etc towards the end of the week there was some hochmagandy ahem cough cough ok the wierd thing
    on the second day he was here
    I knew I'm going to marry him
    lol am i a fool prolly do i care hmmmm no anyway BBL insanitys ensuing
    Kirsty I arrive in dublin sept 5th and move in on the 10th
  • Hello All. I have also voted for Dr. Pepper but I have not had one in a long time. Oh well, something to look forward to in January.

Kieri: That is great about your boy. My hubby also has a little tummy and is buffin other ways. I love it!!!! My hubby is very cute (as I am sure your boy is too).

Good to see so many people out playing. However, I have ot run as I have a dr. appt.

Talk with you all this afternoon.

Trish
  • Hey all.... for diet I choose diet Dr. Pepper... but for regular... it's coke! I love COKE!!! And I still drink full strength soda and still lose weight. I just don't do it everyday!!

KO... what pond does he live across?? If it's the big one, are you close to him when you move??? GO GET 'EM!

Oh and my hubby has a little belly, not very big. But he is wide the shoulders and has big arms. He is a strong man... he can lift me even at my heaviest! As I lose weight he throws me.... it can be very romantic when your guy can swoop you up in his arms... I love it!

Lori... yah on being a real doc now!!!

Kay... AWESOME! Let me know how long training is, I am curious what you have to go through!!

Lola... I honestly always weigh better on 1 scale and not the other. I hate it when the bad scale is the only one they are weighing on!

OK.. back to work!
  • Howdy!

Congrats Kay!!!!!! That's awesome, I am glad to see the list of Lifetinmers growing (we all can do this!!).

Lola: Sorry to hear about needing an operation, I have heard that it can be one of the side effects of weight loss, though I don't know where I read that.

Belle: Just always remember to be true to yourself.

Take Care!

Ali

BTW I am now officially 100lbs lighter than when I joined WW!!!!
  • Howdy Again!

Lori: Congrats on being an MD!!!

Hi to everyone else, I hope all is going well!

Ali
  • Woo Hoo!! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
    Kirsty: I still have to get a permanent crown on my tooth. It's just a temp right now.
    Kay: MORE CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think that's just awesome!
    Lori: Welcome back! My BIL (brother in law) started medical school Monday. His "white coat" ceremony was SUnday. Pretty impressive, I must say. Congrats on your job, doctor.
    Ali: I am SOOOO impressed with your weight loss! You ROCK!
    Rina: Welcome and I, too, get greasy tummy. yucky!
    Well, my salad is getting cold...hahaha it's already cold. But
    I'd better get back to work, though.
    We're looking for a dog for real now. We talked about it before the wedding, but now we're serious.
    Talk to you soon!
  • Weigh-in today...
    Hi ya'll!

I can never seem to get here during the day. Too much work! Then if I post late it seems like my loney little message never gets read.

Anyhoo... weigh-in today was down 1/2 pound. Not much, but better than nothing. At this rate it will take me.... oh never mind, let's not go there!

Kiere: sounds like you had a blast! Hope you can meet up with your friend soon.

Lori: congrats on your new job!!! Very happy for you. Niagra is beautiful. I'd love to go back someday soon.

Kay: Congrats on lifetime!!! woohooo for you!!

Better run. Still tons of work to do. Actually came on-line to do some work related research but somehow my fingers took me here.
  • Janet-I read your post! I have to come clean you guys-up 2 lbs!
    but i will keep the sig the same and carry on! let's hope some of it is muscle from pumping iron lately...anyhow-for not going to WI for five weeks it's not horrible....
  • Hello all. Back from the Dr. today. All looks ok...but I have gained a lot of weight. Dr has not said anything but I know I need to watch it a little better.

Lori: congrats on the new job, Dr. Also, good job going to weigh in. You will be down in no time.

Janet: Great job on weigh in!!!!!

Stacey: what kind of dog are you looking for? I love my dog sooo much.

Ok, hello to eveyone else but I have to get going.

Talk with you all tomorrow.

Trish