3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Help! Help! Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/83655-help-help-help.html)

MaggieShines 05-06-2006 01:11 PM

Help! Help! Help!

OK, Sistas, it's do or die time for me right now. I'm at the 9-pound mark and am afraid of the 10-pound choke. It has done me in so, so many times in the past. I get to 10 pound lost and then lose my willpower, self-control, determination, whatever, and start piling them back on again. I just don't know why. I feel like if I can hit the 10-pound mark and sustain it for a week or two without gaining, sailing will be smooth for a while.

But, true to my past, I'm at 9 pounds and things are going to ****. I had the big-eat night Wednesday (planned) but then pigged out on Thursday too. I got it back on track Friday -- even to the point of eating grilled salmon and a salad with ff dressing while my two friends at "messy sundaes" on Friday night (messy sundae = a glass goblet dipped -- yes dipped and covered -- in chocolate fudge topping, inside and out right down to the stem and bottom, filled with ice cream, whipped cream and more chocolate topping. I didn't even have a taste. They were dumbfounded! :dizzy:

So today, of course, I have a two-pound gain and all I want to do it eat. I went to a fair and had a hot dog and a couple little spoonfuls of water ice (not bad, since I haven't had anything else to eat today). But I almost stopped at :mcd: on the way home. Then I almost stopped at Checkers. Then almost stopped at Rita's. I didn't, but the urge to :ink: out is right there. Right there!

So now I'm home by myself. No plans for the rest of the day or tonight. All I want to do is go to the supermarket and load up on snacks. I want to grill a huge steak or go out to a steak place for dinner. It's an "I'm afraid to eat day." But what can I do? I can't go to bed at 1 in the afternoon.

My period started today, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. But I really think it's that old 10-pound choke that I've wrestled with -- and lost -- in the past.

Please, please, please talk me through this. Say anything! DO anything! :frypan: :kickbutt: Sprinkle me with some :dust:

Just please help. I cannot f**k up this time. I can't. :no: :no: :no: :no:

Mafalda 05-06-2006 01:46 PM

Hi!

I'm new around here, but I really know what you're talking about!

It happens to me all the time, every time I have a small weight loss I celebrate... eating!! And if I fail... I eat!!

I been on WW for 3 months and barely lost 3 pounds, but decided not to rush or frustate again...

I try to surround my self with all kind of 0 point snaks, like diet soda if I crave for something sweet and carrots with dash of lemon and salt for a salty treat...

Also I look on the web for all the recipes for the delicious things I would like to eat, and without realizing I feel satisfied!!!

Take it one day at a time, one moment at a time.

I dont have anything to do for a couple of hours, I can stay around if you want me to...

MaggieShines 05-06-2006 02:24 PM

Hi, Tete... what a great supportive post. I so appreciate it. I asked my self what I really really wanted, and it came down to chocolate so I has a fat-free chocolate pudding cup with frozen fat free Cool Whip. A great, sweet and satisfying 3-point snack. I still want to pig out, but at least I know I'm not hungry.

Stick with it. You'll do it. We all will. Together!

melekalikimaka 05-06-2006 02:32 PM

Maggie, re-read your post--look at all the things you did RIGHT! You said didn't have a taste of that sundae; you almost stopped at all those tempting fast food places but you passed them by! Good for you! Celebrate small victories!!! You've already lost 9 lbs, think positive. If you think you'll fail, you will. Say positive things to yourself. I know the weekends are SUPER hard as far as being around the house and wanting to munch all day. I'm facing the same things myself. What helps me is to take the dog out for a walk, even if it's only around the block to get me away from the kitchen--or if you don't have a dog, just go by yourself or call a friend to go with you. Go window shopping at the mall, looking at all the cute clothes that I'm going to fit into soon if I don't indulge my inner demon and eat all the no-no high-fat/low nutritional foods. Eating junk food may make you feel wonderful when you're doing it (I know! I ate half a container of full fat chocolate Haagen Dazs right out of the carton sitting on my bed watching some DVDs the other day), but after we're all done, we feel guilt and not to mention, we probably have an upset stomach afterward. I've also learned that one day of bad eating does not cancel out all the hard work you have put in to lose those lbs. Restaurant food (no matter how healthy grilled salmon can be) most likely contains extra high sodium. Drink lots of water today and through the weekend to flush out all the sodium and stuff probably making you retain water. Keep up the positive thinking and you will get through this. I'll get off my :soap: now, but am sending you :dust: and goodvibes :goodvibes: to get you through onto and over that 10 lbs loss mark!

And you said it yourself: she flies with her own wings! You can do this!

Good luck! :cheer:

MaggieShines 05-06-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melekalikimaka
And you said it yourself: she flies with her own wings! You can do this!
Good luck! :cheer:

Well, dang, Noelle. Now you've gone and made me cry! But in a good way. Thank you! :hug:

Mafalda 05-06-2006 04:18 PM

Maggie, sorry I had to go out for a minute...

I agree with Noelle, we have to look what we've been doing right, and you really did a lot!!!

Keep the good work, and here goes some :dust:

Freedom&Light 05-06-2006 05:01 PM

Girl, lace up the shoes, grab your walkman, and go take a long walk!!:running:

Then, clean your bathroom. That will kill any appetite I have. LOL!! :dust:

MistySeptember 05-06-2006 07:01 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: :dust: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maggie-We're here for you!!!! You've gotten some great advice! You're doing great and I am so proud of you!!! Can you take a walk? Often drinking a BIG ICEY glass of water helps, as does brushing my teeth. Grab a book and soak in the tub. Go shopping, call a friend, write a letter. I LOVE the cleaning the bathroom idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You offered me a hand the other day and I am reaching mine to you!!!

Remind yourself you are strong and powerful and food is no match for you!!!! Sometimes, I can avoid a binge by thinking about what I would eat and how I would feel afterwards. I tell myself that it's not worth it. Also sometimes, if you sit and think about what you want, what you really want and then figure out how you can fit it in your points you can treat yourself. If you truly want steak, write a list, buy one reasonable sized portion at the grocery store. Maybe get some fresh corn or broccoli, or make a big salad. Allow yourself to get some fresh veggies. Then enjoy a steak with veggies and a baed potato. Only buy enough for the meal, challengeyourself not to buy ANY snacks. You can do it. You will feel better when you fuel your body with healthy options rather than avoiding food all together.

I have to run DH in his infinate wisdom gave the 20 month old and the 3 year old HAMMERS to play with, then left to go clean the horses. Yeah that went well. They are crying b/c they hurt themselves on the hammers, and b/c I took the "bad word" things away. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

MaggieShines 05-06-2006 10:03 PM

Aw, thank you all for your good wishes and support. Despite the great efforts, I succumbed to a small cheese sandwich, cheese curls and a non-diet soda. :mad: :( :mad: :(

Damn it. Well, on a better note, I couldn't even finish the small bag of cheese curls. Used to be I would eat the whole large bag in one sitting with a 2-liter bottle of soda. Tonight it was a small bottle. I guess you take victories where you can, eh? I am going to chalk this up to period-related cravings and move on. I know I'm going to see a gain on Monday morning, but I deserve it this time. At least it won't be one of those mysterious gains where you are OP all week and then gain 2 pounds for no good reason! Thank you all again!

Boohoo5050 05-06-2006 11:47 PM

Maggie, Hang in there. It hastaken me a long time and many, many re-starts before I got it right. All of my weigh in cards at WW look like a deck of playing card!! But I kept trying and this time seems to be different for some reason. One reason is that I have included my whole family and I have started cooking a lot more at home and planning ahead! I have amny snacks in zip lock bags ready to grab. I have also started moving more...anything to get out and move! I truely have decided I'm in this for the long-haul. It has taken me 1 year to lose 25 pounds with WW on line. I also signed up for an online menu/recipe planning service called e-mealz. This has really help me a lot. They have a weeks worth of menu and the points value is already figured. My kids like most of the recipe and they are pretty easy to make. Please don't give up...keep at it no matter how many days you have to start over. One day you will look back and find your self a success a losing the weight and you;ll feel so much better.

MistySeptember 05-07-2006 09:18 AM

Maggie-You may feel like you gave it, but what you did was reasonable. So, don't feel bad. Today is a new day!!!! I proud of you for not going on a HUGE binge!!!!!!

BooHoo- I am dying for more information on the WW meal plans from e-mealz!!!!! Iw ent to their sight and it seems to be what I have been trying to do myself for YEARS!!! But I don't see sample menus for the Points plan. Can you give some examples of the meals? DH is soooooo picky. Plus we're on a fairly tight budget, do your grocery bills run really high? Any information would be great!!!!