Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #31  
Susan

Hi,

Welcome to the group Friendly!!! I'm impressed that you can do the ellipitical machine. I can do about 1 minute on it. I don't have one but always think I would like to try it.

Tina, the tornados that hit up here were about 10 minutes away! I was sound alseep!!!! I'm still not feeling good and now coughing. I think I said when I go to the ENT we are going to have a Come to Jesus meeting or he is fired!

Tammy, how are you feeling Sweetie? Take care of yourself!!!! How many days are left? We get out on May 24 and my last day is the 25th. Not like I'm counting or anything.

Mimi, where are you?

Maureen, how's the new place? Is it all in order the way you want it.

Amy, post little sister!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #32  
Thursday Lady

friendlykat4u, I'm so glad you came on over from the weigh-in results thread.
Tell me more about that DVD. I haven't heard of it.

Susan, I was really worried about you. I wondered if those tonados were near you. Wow, 10 minutes is way too close! I'm so glad you're okay.
I'm so sorry you are still feeling crummy. Here comes a big HUG.....

Tammy, how are you, girl?

My head itches. I know that means the place is getting well. I'd rather it get well without driving me crazy since I can't scratch it.

Sis, where are your friend? Have you had the wedding without us???

Everyone have a good Friday. Hey, it's almost the weekend.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #33  

Height: 5'8"

Auntie, I like the elliptical b/c it gives you a full body work out but there's no impact, easy on the knees. I don't really have a knee problem, but they do get sensitive on me from time to time. DH is trying to find a welder to fix it! OMG you got tornadoes 10 mins away from you! I've never been near a tornado. Just hurricanes and earthquakes!

Tina, there's a huge thread about Turbo Jam under the fitness section, that's how I learned about it. I guess there's an infomercial on TV but I've personally never seen it.

It's aerobic exercise but with dance music, some of the moves are a little dancy. I love to dance to that type of music (sort of like techno). The instructor is really nice, not as annoying as some others I've seen. I'm not really into work out videos, I had owned one only, Windsor Pilates, but never got into it. I've only done the beginner work out which is learning the basic moves for about 5 minutes followed by a 15-min cardio work out. So far I like it, next week I'll try graduating to the next one up.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!
Friendlykat- TurboJam, I'll have to check it out. I've been doing a "Fat Burning exercise video for Dummies" in the morning. It is a 45 minute exercise video. I'm starting to quit falling all over my feet! I'm am clumsy, but I'm keeping at it and I have been walking for 1 hour (3 1/2 miles) every evening.
I feel really good and trying to stick to the diet. All in all it's going well. I really like WW.
Hello to all and have a great weekend! I'm going to a Renaissance Festival this weekend. I love to see how everyone dressings. It is really pretty interesting and the owner has a castle that they are building on the grounds. Anyway we like it!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #35  

Hi Donna! That festival sounds like fun, I wish I had something like that around here. They do call Providence "The Renaissance City", it's quite pretty around here, they should have a festival like that too.

So far so good with TJ, but I've been doing the beginner dvd for a week. The 1st couple of days I was getting frustrated with some moves, but I'm ok now, I guess the more you do it, the easier it becomes. I bought it from QVC, they also sell it on www.beachbody.com, but I heard their customer service wasn't that great so I went with QVC and it cost a little less anyway. The dvd set is 2 discs. One has 3 work outs in it, beginners, 20-min workout, and sculpting (with weights) one. The other dvd has a 45-min cardio and something else. I can't remember now...lol. I'm going to move to the 20-min work out next week and I also want to try the sculpting/toning one. I'll let you know how that goes.

Have fun at the festival! I'll talk to you soon.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #36  

Hi all! Busy week. We stayed home for my birthday. I told Bob that we've been so busy getting ready for the auction, I thought a night at home would be nice. Since we're going to Disney in June, I also told him not to get me anything.

Auction went well. Cold, windy, and a little rain, but we had a nice crowd. Made over $2000, so I thought that was good. 14 days of school including the teacher work day. Can't wait to be finished. Still haven't heard anything from the supt. or board about next year. It's hard to tell when they'll make their decision.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I'd say that was a very good auction. Wow, that could buy more furniture or another night at Disneyworld.
I'm envious of y'all going there. I've never been. We went to Disneyland when David was young. That was fun.
I know how much you can't wait for school to be out.

Susan, how are you feeling?
Sis, where are you?????
Maureen, how far can you roller blade now?
Mimi, are you going to plant any flowers this year? I took a short walk yesterday and saw so many pretty ones. I wanted to come home and start planting. I think I'd better wait until my stitches come out first.
I get them out Monday morning. The place is still very sore. I guess that's normal.
Hey, I weighed again this morning---couldn't resist----and I'd lost another pound!!!!
Amy, how are you feeling?

Old 05-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #38  

Tina, the money we made at the auction will be helping to pay for the vacation, so it was well worth it. That might buy our gas for the trip!!! Found out this morning at the aerobics class that 3 of the women in the class (there were only 8 of us today) will be at Disney about the same time we will be. Another friend of mine from N.C. will arrive there on the Friday before we leave on Sat., so we are already planning to get together with their family on Fri. night for dinner.

Tina, I agree about waiting until the stitches are out. Don't overdo it too soon. The flowers will be waiting for you.

Hope everyone is doing ok! I need to head to the store. Our cupboards are bare.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone
I haven't killed myself yet on the rollerblades!! Just came in from a skate went out about 3 times this week, our weather hasn't been the greatest. Today I managed to go about 26 blocks on this bike path that's close to where I live. I'm all sweaty now and for me that's just fantastic, because I rarely sweat!!!
Tammy is your old house sold now? Boy I really wish I lived near you I could have bought some of your old stuff for my place. I'm not kidding ladies, here I am almost 59 and I'm living like I just moved out of my parents' place!! Crazy or what- But you know someone I work with said to look at like when you take a shower in the morning and refresh yourself. I really do feel good about this move.

Tina, how's your head? Healing properly I hope-good for the lb lost .

I'm stuck at about 20 lbs lost, I have a few more to go, but still not smoking and I really do feel good. So, I guess that's what counts the most. Went for a long over due physical friday and DR said I was just fine, will be going for mammogram and bone density tests in early june, and some blood work.

Well, I hope everyone has a super sunday and take care of yourselves, you're all worth it-

maureen
Old 05-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Happy Mother's Day
Old 05-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #41  

Maureen, the house hasn't sold yet. There have been some lookers, but no one has written a check yet. I'm sure there would have been some things at the auction for you. The other family had quite a bit too. They had a 5-piece wicker furniture set for a porch. My friend Melissa was there and it was her first auction. Our friend Carol was standing behind her and nudging her while she was bidding to make sure she got the set. She got it for $155. I saw a set at Wal Mart yesterday for about $400, and it wasn't as nice as the one she got. We were all very excited!! You are doing great with those roller blades! I'm impressed. I'm lucky I can walk without falling anymore let alone be on wheels!!

I am not losing anything but my sanity right now. My last TOM was the end of March/beginning of April. I'm always pretty regular, so I'm wondering if the stress from the auction, school, and Tim graduating is messing up my system OR if I might really be starting through menopause.

Tim's graduation party is May 28, the week before graduation. You are all invited!!!! I really wish you all lived close enough.

Never did figure out how to send pictures with the digital camera thingy.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Well, most of our group is taking some time off from the computer, it seems.
I hope everyone is well. Susan, are you well yet??? When is/was your ENT appointment? I hope you can get back on allergy shots or whatever will make you well again.
Tammy, how are you feeling? I hope you're not over-doing it getting ready for Tim's graduation party. Yes, I wish we could all be there to celebrate. Tim might not appreciate us singing to him.
Maureen, I think you are really something! Starting over and not smoking.
Mimi, Amy, Sis, Joybell and everyone, please let us hear from you.

I got my stitches out. The biopsy results came back benign. Last night was the first good night's sleep I've had in ages.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #43  

Default Hello

Hi Everyone,
I am thankful that I weigh 138. I have 10 pounds to go. I was looking at all of you comments. We are all being accountable so we will get to our goal. Is this the group that is doing the July 4th challenge? I have sort of made it my person goal to try to lost 10 pounds. We'll see because my body seems to be hanging on. I have been counting calories and I am much more aware of what I am eating.
Blessings to you all.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #44  
Thursday Lady

We've talked about starting a July 4th Challenge. Do y'all want to start one????

Old 05-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #45  

Tammy, I'm so jealous you're going to Disney. I LOVE Disney! I'm a big kid and so is DH, that's where we went for our honeymoon and had a blast. I wish I were going too... can I squeeze in one of your suitcases??? Please, please, please, pretty please! LOL

Tina, yeah let's start a July 4th challenge in here! I signed up for one in another thread, but why don't we do one here too!
Closed Thread