Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #16  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone:
Slavika and Gloria: Thank you both so much for the lovely poems. A lot of lovely sentiments.

Karen: So sorry you have all been sick, and hope that you are all on the mend. Nice that your Mom can have her nephew to travel back with her.
a 3 day train ride would be very tedious, I should think.

Well the last show that I have been involved with is over as of last night. It turned out very well. I want to crow a little bit. I sang a solo - Memories from Cats, and for the first time that I can remember the audience stood after I finished. I was a bit overwhelmed.

Now things will calm down a bit. The snowbirds are heading north and life will be less hectic.

Maria: Hope you will have a special day of rembrances at the funeral of your FIL.

hello to everyone. time for bed. Ann
Old 03-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Im leaving the group. I just dont feel I fit in. I dont like all the email. I also dont get here enough.

Last edited by LilyG; 04-02-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #18  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi everyone

I had a lot of reading to do just now, the last time I was here to read was Mar 13.
Sorry I missed wishing Maria a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The years sure do roll around fast. Matilda is a real sweetie. She looks like a very happy little girl, no doubt she is doted on by all of you. I know that I am very lenient with my , she told her Mom yesterday that she would like to live at our home all the time..
I also have to inform all of you that I actually own a toe ring too... Slavika got her's first and I just had to follow. The poems you and Gloria posted were very nice.
We do not live in a large home, it is just the right size for 2 people, I am not interested in another square inch to clean.
I am on the hunt for high fiber muffin or loaf recipes that contain bran, flaxseed and lots of fruit like dates, raisons etc. Do any of you have a favorite you could recommend?
Sorry to read that you haven't been feeling well Karen. Hope you, your DH and your Mom are feeling better now. An emotional upheaval can really weaken you and make you sick.

I just now noticed that I am unable to access the smilies list or change the font. I know this happened once before and I was able to figure out what to do, but I was younger and more stable then ..... anyone got any ideas for me?

I hear my DH in the kitchen looking for a snack, I had better go and see what he chooses.

I am glad I came by to read and post. When I leave it for a long time it is daunting to get caught up. Bye for now...
Old 03-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #19  
Net browser

Hi Everybody......pretty soon we will have to call ourselves the "Old Dollie's Toe Ring Club", you know, sort of like the "Red Hat Society"
The head nurse from Oncology called yesterday and said that because David's hemoglobin is under 100 he is anemic and his oncologist wants him to have a Vitamin B12 injection once a month and it can be administered by his family doctor. David saw his family doctor yesterday late afternoon, about his heart and it was NOT in fibrillation yesterday but his blood pressure is still a liitle high but he's hoping the meds the doctor put him on in the hospital will help bring that down too because David never had a history of BP. He told David not to get worked up over this as there are lots of different meds they can try should this happen again. or to take so that it doesn't happen again. He also wants him to take one baby asprin every day.
Once again gals I would like to thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers for both David and I. We`had the Princess over for a sleep over last night. First we took her out to dinner, then we went and rented her a movie and we came back here and watched the movie with her. We then had to read a book she is to complete by the time spring break is over which is Monday. She read some chapters and I read some to her. This morning she got out of her bed and crawled into bed with us`at 7:00 and we pretended we were all still in Maui. I was leaving to go out with my Wednesday friend @10.00, and her Papa was taking here to Tim Horton's for an iced cappichino and bagel with cream cheese, and then it was time for her to go home (had to be there by 11:30) as she was going to the movies with her mother, brother and other grandmother. She phoned me a short while ago and said it was really sad that spring break was going so fast, because there was still lots of things she wanted to do. She thought it would be a good idea to only go to school on Saturday and Sundays, and have the rest of the time off then she could do all the things she wanted too. Well gals, I am not losing weight, not even really trying. Fortunately I have not gained any but I just have to get my act together and exercise regularly and maybe get back to WW. The weather is not so bad I guess but it is so dirty out. The snow is dirty, the cars are dirty and the sun did not shine today. BLAH!!! Trudy, I will search my recipes
for you.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by slavika; 03-30-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #20  
Member Florida Chick

Trudy: I'll search too. I think I have one called Morning glory Muffins. chocked full of stuff.

Slavika: My DH had the B12 shots every month when he was anemic, and having the iron infusions. Now he is not doing anything and will have another check up in Sept. There are so many medical miracles taking place now with all the new discoveries, and strangely some of them have been around for many years, but just seemed too simple. There are so many herbal remedies now being re-discoverd. I pray that your DH will benefit from all the possibilities about the BP. I haven't ventured into the toe rings as yet, but since I wear sandals so much of the time, I guess I ought to give it a look-see. I don't want to be left out of the 'Toe ring dollies"

Hi everyone. Ann
Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #21  
Net browser

Hi Ann......Thanks for sharing about your DH and the Vit, B12. I think John Kennedy used to get them and that's a long long time ago.
If you ever feel you would like a toe ring and they do look really nice with sandals don't get the kind that has the split in it. Get a toe ring that is a compelete circle because when you walk the ring actually does turn around and you end up with the pretty side of the ring UNDER your toe and the split part on the top. I wear mine all the time even with socks and sneakers. If the ring fits properly you can't even feel it. My friend in Maui who got her gold toe ring about three years ago I think, wears it on the toe next to the big toe (so do I), but her's fits just past the toe nail (the little bumpy part of the toe holds in on. I don't have a big enough bumpy part on my toe (she said, her toes were perfect and because I have long slender toes, she said they are MONKEY toes, hee hee. We have had this conversation about our toes for 30 years now I think. I told her my long toes were a sign of great beauty and intellgence and her's were just little ones.......truth be told, her's are nicer. LOL LOL The jeweller said to wear it on whichever toe it feels most comfortable and suggested I push my ring all the way down on my toe like you would wear it on your finger. He also said I couldn't wear a ring near the top of my toe because it would just fall off.
Well, I guess that is likely more information about toe rings then any of you really wanted to know. One more thing. They sometime spray your toe with windex to slide the ring on and get a good fit.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:59 PM   #22  

G'day everyone,

My week is almost over and hopefully next week I return some sort of normality.
My f-i-l's funeral went off fine, we were very proud of our son who delivered his eulogy with a combination of love for his grandfather and just the right amount of humour to celebrate his life.
Our daughter is still here and is leaving to go back to Melbourne tomorrow.
DH is off to Sydney and New Zealand on Tuesday and I have to say I look forward to a bit of time by myself.

Beautiful poems Slavika and Gloria, I have 'cut & pasted' them in a word doc.

Ann I am glad you had a bit of a crow about your solo performance, wow that is something and a standing ovation

As far as the 'toe ring dollies', I probably would join if I did not have such shocking feet my toes are not the most attractive part of me

Trudy I am not the one to ask for recipes but I will watch with interest any recipe some of the more accomplished cooks will post for you!

Slavika what a wonderful life you really do have with your family. Your 'princess' sounds such a delight and how good it must be for your dh's soul to take his grand daughter out for coffee etc.
I hope that the vitamin shots will do the trick. I agree with Ann, there are just so many medical miracles out there.

Karen I hope you get that joy back into your life again soon, you have had a bit of a rough time.

Peggy when is Peyton's first birthday? Unbelievable it is almost a year ago when we both became grandmothers!

Glenda hope you are feeling better, perhaps you should have a bit longer holiday then just the one week.

Lily I am sorry you felt the need to leave us and I wish you well.

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-31-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #23  
Net browser

Hi Ann......I missed the bit about that fact you had a solo and got a standing ovation. Sometimes, I am so full of stuff I want to tell you gals, that I forget that you too, have lots of interesting things to tell me too. Sorry my friend. Now that the funeral is over Maria your time will by yours. Karen how are you getting along now, and how's your Mom. Gloria, I believe you are Catholic. Can non-catholics receive communion in your church?
I loved all the puzzles and things I have received in my mail...thanks gals. I share them with grandson, and he is really good at them. We`are going to son/dil for BBQ at 4:30, so that's nice , I don't have to cook. Tomorrow David has a blood test and the 2 hour aredia treatment.
Talk to you all soon. Bye for now.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #24  

G'day all,

We have finished daylight saving and it always takes me a little while to get used to, I got up at 5.30 which really is 6.30
Our dd has gone back home and it is just the two of us again

We bought ourselves a new bed yesterday, we went for the kingsize instead of the queen size. Our old bed, which is still fine, will go in the spare room for visitors. Must say I was a little shocked at the prize of a bed these days
Of course I also had to get all the linen to go with the king size bed!

Only another 4 weeks and we will be off on our huge expedition North! In some ways I cannot wait in other ways I just as soon stay home, the weather is getting cooler and I will miss yet another winter at home.

Lots to do today, I am off to have breakfast and then I WILL have a very productive day!

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #25  
Web Nana

For us Daylight Saving Time has just begun. Turned all the clocks ahead last night before we turned in. I don't realize all the clocks we have until, twice a year, we have to change them. The only ones we don't have to change are the computer and the cable box on the TV. This morning I slept in til 8AM which would have been 7AM....old time. Now it is so light I don't feel it is time to eat but it is. Must start looking around for what I will prepare....sometimes I just hunt through the pantry and sort of experiment. Tonight it is eat and be surprised.

Slavika, Yes I am Catholic but our church does not allow non-Catholics to receive Communion. Does your church allow that? Good luck to DH and his tests tommorrow.

I am amazed how alike we are, Maria, we just got a new bed and changed sizes as well....went from double to queen and we had to buy all new linens. Would have loved to get a king size but our room is not big enough.

Ann, A standing ovation....WOW! That is to terrific! I think it would be nice if everyone could have at least one during their lifetime.

Karen, I hope you are feeling better as well as the rest of your family. Summer is coming and not the time to feel sick.

I can almost hear DG's stomach growling from here so I had better get moving.

Gloria
Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #26  
Fun Blonde

I haven't posted in so long. I read everything and have probably forgot most of it. Maria, of course, I was sorry to read of your FIL's passing, but what a family you have to be proud of. Glad your son did a wonderful eulogy of his grandfather--something to always remember. Happy belated birthday. If I remember right, you are just a kid!

Gloria, you are on busy beaver. I too wish we could have a king sized bed, but do enjoy the queen.

Slavika, your princess is so cute beyond words. I do envy you your having your kids so close. And tell the princess that we all understand her just not having time for all the fun stuff. I too would love to just work on the weekends so I could get all that fun stuff in on the other five days. How sweet she is and what great medicine for your hubby!

We had one of those fun weekends. Kyle, our middle son, brought his two boys and we played. Gina had a party with her girlfriends so he was banished for the duration. We so enjoyed the little guys! My hubby spent a lot of money, but he ordered a new shed for the backyard and we had to buy a new clothes washer. These were necessary purchases but not exactly fun.

It is 70 degrees here and just a beautiful day. I got a pedicure over the weekend. I don't wear toe rings, but I do love ankle bracelets. Maybe I should check into a good toe ring. Just my feet are not usually something I care to spotlight.

Sally, I loved the poem. That is probably one of the best descriptions of "passing" into another realm I can imagine. Just a beautiful image and one that we really need to keep in our hearts.

My hubby has one of "those" medical test on Thursday, the dreaded colonoscopy. He is surely not looking forward to it because when I had mine I was so sick. Most people don't have that reaction.

Glenda
Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #27  
Fun Blonde

I haven't posted in so long. I read everything and have probably forgot most of it. Maria, of course, I was sorry to read of your FIL's passing, but what a family you have to be proud of. Glad your son did a wonderful eulogy of his grandfather--something to always remember. Happy belated birthday. If I remember right, you are just a kid!

Gloria, you are on busy beaver. I too wish we could have a king sized bed, but do enjoy the queen.

Slavika, your princess is so cute beyond words. I do envy you your having your kids so close. And tell the princess that we all understand her just not having time for all the fun stuff. I too would love to just work on the weekends so I could get all that fun stuff in on the other five days. How sweet she is and what great medicine for your hubby!

We had one of those fun weekends. Kyle, our middle son, brought his two boys and we played. Gina had a party with her girlfriends so he was banished for the duration. We so enjoyed the little guys! My hubby spent a lot of money, but he ordered a new shed for the backyard and we had to buy a new clothes washer. These were necessary purchases but not exactly fun.

It is 70 degrees here and just a beautiful day. I got a pedicure over the weekend. I don't wear toe rings, but I do love ankle bracelets. Maybe I should check into a good toe ring. Just my feet are not usually something I care to spotlight.

Sally, I loved the poem. That is probably one of the best descriptions of "passing" into another realm I can imagine. Just a beautiful image and one that we really need to keep in our hearts.

My hubby has one of "those" medical test on Thursday, the dreaded colonoscopy. He is surely not looking forward to it because when I had mine I was so sick. Most people don't have that reaction.

Glenda
Old 04-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #28  
Fun Blonde

Sorry about two postings. What happened?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:53 PM   #29  

Hi All,

Ann I wish I could have heard you sing. I love that song. We saw Cats a few years ago when it toured here. You should make a cd and send it to us. I always wished I could carry a tune instead of sounding like a frog. In church I usually mouth the words instead of singing out loud.

Maria sounds like you are getting prepared for the big trip. It will be fun to see your pictures. Who does the cooking when you camp? Peyton will have his first birthday this Saturday. They have a big party planned. I was trying to figure out what to get him and I think I am going to get him a little swimming pool and the stuff that goes with it. He doesn't need clothes. My dil's sis works at Macy's and has him stocked with clothes forever I think. Toy wise he likes a pan or a box and some blocks. We watched him yesterday while they golfed. He never stops. It is fun to watch those short little legs walk all over. It is amazing how quickly he is picking up sign language. I hope that is doesn't stop him from talking.

Slavika now I have to look into a toe ring. I hope the shots work. I keep him in my prayers. What a nice outing for the princess and her grandpa. Tell the prince I said Hi and maybe he should listen to some broadway tunes instead of rap. LOL

Trudy there used to be a muffin recipe on the Post Raisin Bran box. It was called 6 week muffins or something like that. They had blueberries in them. They were good. I will see if I can hunt up the recipe. I just googled muffins and this site had some.
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/503/0.shtml

Gloria hope that nasty weather we had last night doesn't come your way. The tornado sirens went off in the middle of the night. I personally hate daylight savings time. It takes me a while to get adjusted. I just wish they would let it alone.

Hi Glenda-see you posted about the same time as me. Hope the colonoscopy goes well for your dh.

I am getting a cold or something today. I did nothing most of the day but lay around. I think it is going to my chest. Probably picked up something from the kids at school. The Board of Health guy came the other day. That was fun. We quickly donned our hats and then the teachers ask why we are wearing them. I love all the stuff you send. Some I can't open-dumb computer.

Last edited by painter5; 04-03-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #30  
Life Time 2001

Thought I would Post this to all
Thanks Trudy!

I wasnt offended. I just got tierd of deleting all the emails. I have never liked them. My sister use to forward them to me and I told her to stop. It can cause problems as you dont know where they are forwarded after and whose spammer list you will get on.

But as far as 3FC, I just dont get there that much anymore. Weekends are pretty much busy. And the week days might as well forget it. As work has gotten way to busy. And right now I cant even use my Laptop there. They disconnected the port I was using it on.

But feel free to email me anytime if you need help or something.

I do care about all of you, but I just dont have the time right now. Maybe if it slows down I will come back. But right now I just do not have the time.

Thanks for your concern. Means alot to me
Closed Thread