Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 09:33 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds #71

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, jump on in and join us! You'll be sure to get a warm welcome.
Old 07-27-2001, 12:39 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Good call texaslady! dgd is pretty patient when she is doing something that interests her. she did a good job of cleaning, only broke one piece, but I was able to patch it. dh and I were going to Bible study tonight, and I was a bit leary about leaving the girls , but I set her up with painting these newly fired items, and she painted for 2 and 1/2 hours! I had to have her clean up when we got home, because dh goes to bed early, and she was working on the patio outside out bedroom. But she admitted that her back is aching from being in the "painting positon" for so long. she has gotten very meticulous in her painting. Does very good work.
Thanks too for jarring me into reality!! I have to get my walking shoes in shape! Sept will be here before I know it!! Bourbon ST awaits!
I haven't been to meetings for 2 weeks! something is always coming up! I got a post card today , telling me to come back, and I got on the scales, and don't think I have gained anything, maybe down a bit I will get back in there on Saturday, unless I can armwrestle dgd for a car tomorrow! I have to take mine in for service and repairs.
Hi to all!
and Happy Friday!
~~~~~~~~~~

JOYce
Old 07-28-2001, 05:15 AM   #3  

Good morning! Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a pleasant weeken
I got some good news from the second opinion department- my HMO gave the okay for me to have the additional studies done in Baltimore. Of course, if she decides the biopsy is necessary and doable, I'll have to go another 6 rounds with them to get the biopsy done there , but I'll worry anout that if and when it happens! My appointment for the aditional diagnostic views is this Wednesday afternoon.
Today is oficial moving day. I did take yesterday off - and a good thing too! Even though most of the big stuff is already moved, there's so much other stuff- I spent from about 5 in the morning until about 8 last night on stuff, mostly here, and partly on the other end at my dd's. I am feeling extremely old this morning- and have quite a bit more to do before my sil and exdh get here about 8.
Beth, our hot and humid spell is taking a break for a couple days- yesterday was gorgeous- it barely hit 80- and today will be sunny in the low 80's. But July's typical heat will be back by the beinning of the week!I hope all went well with your sister's hyterectomy- I know having you stay with her for a few days will be a big help!
Jan, I'm glad you decided to put off your shopping trip for a couple weeks! You have tp be back in top form when classes start!
Meri, a pound lost is great! Think of it as 4 sticks of butter gone from your hips forever! Beating yourself up with "woulda-coulda-shouldas" doesn't do any good. Take one day at a time , and don't look back on the lapses (except to learn from what you did wrong} Congrats on winning the BonJovi tix!!! I'm not a very lucky person- I've never won anything like that.
Texaslady, how's the granddog doing? My big questionis, were you able to resist the chocolate chip cookies? I'm not that big on sweets, but homemade chocolate chip cookies are a definite trigger for me!!! My vote is for you to go ahead and get your hair and makeup done for the wedding! After all the hard work you are putting into it, you deserve some pampering. I rarely wear earrings (allergy), but my ears never closed up so I can when I have a special occasion. You could get just the closed ear repierced- it would be better than being uncomfortable with clip on's all day!
Joyce, your dgd sounds like she is doing beautifully under her grandma's loving guidance! Not that this surprises me!

Well, I'd better get with the packing, and convince my body it can do this ONE MORE TIME! My phone line won't be switched over to the other place till Monday, so I'll check in with you all then. Hi to everyone I misssed, and I hope you all have a great wekend!
Carol
Old 07-28-2001, 10:02 AM   #4  

Texaslady, have fun at your DD's open house today! How sweet of you to bake all those cookies, and take charge of dear granddog for the weekend; I'm sure your dd and sil-to-be both realize what a treasure they have in you! Re: the earrings, as I've never pierced my ears (too many knots in 'em) I have to wear clips. Have found you can adjust the tension by lifting the little rectangular piece in the center, with a nail file or screwdriver. Do it a little at a time, until the tension is just right. (You have to be careful not to overdo, as they'll get too loose & fall off.) Also, at any jewelry/craft store, you can buy little rubber pads that snap in or glue on to the clip, making them more comfy. Makes a huge difference!

JOYce, hope your meeting goes well today; I'm sure you'll get that loss you anticipate! Good for you, going back to meetings. I find that even the less-than-inspiring ones still help charge me up for the week. So glad to hear your dgd is so taken with the ceramic painting! With all your talents and interests, it's no wonder you found something she would take to so well!

Merri, way to go on the pound lost! And I agree with Carol, don't beat yourself up about not losing more this year. Maintaining is a good thing too. And with this loss, here you are heading back down the scale again! Just be persistent, be very committed to program (and yourself!) and you will definitely get there. It took me twice as long as most people, you know, but now that I've made it here I absolutely *know* it's forever. You can do this!

Carol, I am SO happy that your HMO finally approved the additional studies! Will be thinking of you Wednesday and sending good thoughts & prayers. And here it is, moving day, wow! I hope you don't have to put in as long a day today as you did yesterday! Are you going to celebrate tomorrow?

DH and I went to my doctor's appt. in San Antonio yesterday; he did an ultrasound/heat treatment that really helped reduce the tightness around the incision. I felt so much better that we went shopping afterward, and I found FOUR new dresses (3 for school), all under $14! What a sale! I may not even go to the outlet stores now, 'cuz I have enough to start school at least. Also bought a new mask with my prescription, to use with the snorkel my ds gave me for Christmas. (DH also got one.) We're going to Balmorrhea state park in Sept., and I hear they have all kinds of endangered fish & such in the springs there; should be fun, and good exercise. Today is our 28th anniversary; dh is grilling salmon tonight, and we'll open some good wine. Not a big celebration, but it'll be fun.

Beth, hope your sister's hysterectomy went well; I'm sure she's glad to have you there with her. btw, There's a website called "Hyster Sisters" that she might enjoy if she likes the web. www.hystersisters.com . It's a support site, with a forum and links to info. sites.

So, we know what Carol, Texaslady, Beth, JOYce and I are doing this weekend; how 'bout Janet (are you back?), Saara, Linda, Patti, and Merri?
Old 07-29-2001, 09:10 PM   #5  

Well, here it is Sunday evening - already! I tell you these week-ends are just too short! Grandog and I had a great time these past couple days. He is such a sweet dog. I never mind having him around. The OPen House was a huge success - at one time I think there were about 40 people there! The dog would have gone nuts so just as well he stayed here where it's quiet. The food table was getting pretty lean about 8:30 (party started at 5:30 but some came even earlier) - she didn't anticipate so many would actually show up. But I doubt anyone starved - and there was plenty of beer and margaritas to go around! I left about 8:30. She said most stayed until about 10 - of course, then their guests began to leave to go dancing at their favorite CW bar - except for dd & future sil who had to clean up!

I took the gowns we selected last week-end over to Mom's today and to our astonishment, every one of them fit her perfectly (except for length)! She actually liked all 3 but finally settled on a deep plum colored crepe. So that was easier than I expected it to be. I returned the other two on my way home and now everyone has a "fancy dress" to wear! We just need to get hers hemmed up a bit once she gets her shoes.

Jan - Ohmigosh! Balmorrhea!! When I was a child, my Mom & Dad and I would often travel to Las Cruses, New Mexico, to visit my aunt & uncle. We always stopped off there and I have pictures of me and my Dad taken there many many years ago. I hadn't thought of it in ages until you posted! That will be so much fun. Wonder how much it has changed from when I was a kid......... Are you going there before your trip to NO?You had quite the shopping spree! Good bargains! Congrats on the finds. Thanks for the earring info. I am still trying to decide. Happy Anniversary to you and your dh!

Carol - Well, I guess you are officially moved out of your apartment by now. That was such good news about the HMO seeing things your way. And you are right, of course. This will most certainly NOT be the last battle with them. But, hey, you are getting pretty good at getting what you need from them - you have had lots of practice! Now you have to get yourself unpacked and situated in your smaller space. Always something to do. When do we get a chance to rest? How's your dd feeling? Does she have any trouble with morning sickness? OK, OK - yes, I did eat 3 of those darn cookies (they just smelled SO GOOD)! But would you believe they made me sick? Guessing it was the margarine - you know my problem with dairy stuff! So guess I was being "punished" for nipping at the goodies! Serves me right.

JOYce - Hope you can get to your meeting this week. I swear with all the running you do with those grandkids, you should be losing a ton!!! Yep, September is not far off. I know you are looking forward to your trip to New Orleans. Just a couple more days left in July and then its August already. When I was at dd's this afternoon, her little wedding countdown clock said "89 days" til the big event. Is that possible?

Guess I better scoot. I need to order some of those little disposable cameras made for weddings & need to look for the website I found a few months ago. We are going to put one on each table and ask the guests to shoot pics of each other and the reception in general. Hopefully, we will get a few good candids from them - maybe catch some things the photographer doesn't.

Everyone have a good week.
Old 07-29-2001, 09:10 PM   #6  

Good Evening Ladies!

Well, my sister's surgery went well and she is back home and recuperating nicely. Unfortunately, she has a very irresponsible 19 yr. old son who is on a self-destruct course. He has had 2 DWIs and nearly died from drowning in May from drinking and tubing down a river. He also had a motorcycle accident last November. The morning my sister was to be discharged, the nurse came in to tell her that her son was on another floor of the hospital waiting for surgery. He had a motorcycle accident and had been in the emergency room since 2 am. I was sooooo mad at him! He had been drinking again. I wouldn't allow her to go see him and the doctor also advised against it. He said she needed to go home and take care of herself. Her husband refused to go to the hospital because he has had it with his son's drinking and driving. He's going to be alright. He is just badly banged up. I convinced her that if he was man enough to make the choices he is making that he is also man enough to go through all of it alone. So as it stands now, she is at home and he is recuperating at the hospital by himself. She is going to talk to a hospital social worker tomorrow to see if they can get him into some sort of program. Maybe this will all turn out to be a good thing.

Texaslady - Chocolate chip cookies! Warm, freshly baked cookies! No way could I resist! I don't have the willpower to bake those anymore! I agree with you about the clip-on earrings. They hurt my ears, too. I think you probably should just get your ear re-pierced.

JOYce - I used to do ceramics, too. It has been a long time but I really enjoyed working with the greenware and painting. Sounds like your dgd is having a great time with it herself!

Merri - Just keep plugging away with the program. Just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you go off program. Just get back on track. Those pounds have no choice but to fall off if you keep your eye on the goal!

Carol - Hope you are all moved in and rested by now. Bet your little sweetie is enjoying all those grandma hugs! I will have you in my thoughts and prayers on Wednesday.

Jan - I need to get out and do some school clothes shopping myself but I want to lose a few more pounds first. Thanks for the web site referral. I will check it out and tell my sister. While my other sister and I were in the surgery waiting room (bored to death) we came up with a list of 101 ways to use those leftover kotex and tampons. We wanted to make our sister laugh so her stitches would hurt. Let me know if you have any of those leftovers - I've got some good uses for them!

Hope you all have a great OP Monday! Tomorrow is my WI. Hope the scale has good news!

Beth
Old 07-30-2001, 04:57 PM   #7  

Default All Moved In & Alive To Tell About It

Hi ladies! Well,I'm in! Still various boxes in the garage to undo, but all the essentials are in place, and the room looks nice. It's nice and quiet too- I'm at the far and of the house on a different level. Their black lab is prone to nightmares- loud ones- and I never even heard him! My little sweetie is absolutely glued to me most of the time- the minute I leave the room he has a hissey fit because he thinks I'm leaving him. I took him into my room today so he could see all my stuff and my big mirrored headboard hoping he'd realize I'm not leaving, but he hasn't caught on yet! All too soon he'll consider me old news, I'm sure, and not notice whether I'm there or not. Things are going fine the first 3 days with everything. Yhe only bad part is that I sort of resemble a human question mark a lot- my back and leg, among other things, haven't taken kindly to the hauling, packing and unpacking! This too shall pass!
Got my phone installed here today- kept my same number, for those of you who have it from our texas reunion. I really missed my internet the past few days!
Enough about me.
Jan, a big HAPPY ANNIVERSAY to you and your dh!! Your quiet celebration sounds just wonderful- after all, it's not where you are but who you are with that makes a celebration special!! I'm glad your doctor's visit went well- and that you found new clothes! I'm betting no more than size 10, remembering what you said a while back! How exciting that must have been! Oh- where's Balmorrhea Park??
Texaslady, it sounds like the open house was a huge success- your dd and her dh to be must have lots of friends! I'll bet you were relieved that your mom's dress was so easily chosen- the color sounds lovely! Sorry the cookies made you ill, but maybe that was, as Martha Stewart would say, "a good thing"! Sometimes once a food makes you sick you don't even want to see it again! The disposable cameras sound like a great idea- a friend did that for her dd's wedding, and it was very successful. In their case they didn't have a professional photographer at the reception- I forget why right now. Anyhow, they ended up with some amazing pictures that they never would have had otherwise. Of course, there were some people who thought it would be fun to take pix of table legs and shoes, but they were in the minority!
Beth, I hope your sister is doing well, despite the problem with her son. It sure sounds like his dad is right and that he is in need of some tough love- as well as the treatment they are trying to set up. At the rate he is going he won't live to see 21, unfortunately.
Well, I'd better run. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my upcoming tests Wednesday- I really appreciate it!
Hi to all I missed- have a good evening, everyone!
Carol
Old 07-31-2001, 04:10 AM   #8  

Hi!

I'm back again! Well, just a quick post, really, to let you all know I'm still around. Happy not having to work anymore, but not quite so happy about having to do all the packing... My roomie moves out tomorrow, and I'm trying to get all my stuff done by the end of the week, so I won't have to worry about it next week.

Well, I only end up spending one night in LA, so I won't have the chance to visit Joyce this time, but hopefully later... Everything is in order at the Univ. of Utah, too.

I have this feeling all the time, that I have totally forgotten to do something really important, but I hope it's just a feeling...

I'll try to check in with more time to post later this week. I hope you're all having a good week.
By the way, I had the greatest time at the friend's summerplace. It was still really warm, and the water in the lake was just perfect! Sauna and swimming for hours... Lovely.

Gotta run. Later, Saara.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:29 PM   #9  
Inchworm

saara , i totally understand! I'm sorry that we will have to wait for our meeting, but is just as well. My house is still 'upside down', waiting for carpet. but I am assured that i will be called for an appointment to install, either today or tomorrow. (JUST FOR THE APPT. which will hopefuly be real soon!)
And I know you are busy and excited to get to your new place!
Maybe we can connect on the holidays. Do you still have my phone number?

Carol I hope things are settling down for you, and that you are getting some rest after that big move! Good luck tomorrow!

Beth! I'm glad your sister is doing o.k., how awful that her son was in the hospital under such circumstances! It was probably double good that you were there for support for her.
Yeh dgd is doing really good with her ceramic projects, it is a relaxing project, which is good for her. and it builds her self esteem when people are recognizing how good she is doing..that's what we alll need from time to time , isn't it!

tex , how great is that! that your mom liked the gown you picked out for her! Congrats!!..I know you are thrilled to see all the pieces falling into place in preparation for the big wedding!!

Jan, What luck to get such good buys on your 'school clothes'! I neeed some new threads, but hate to get them just yet, I keep thining if I wait just a little while, they will be smaller... but may have to give in.
I need to get with the journaling and water!!!DUH!!
I WILL. I WILL. I WILL!!!
But I'm not going to be able to go to meetings properly until dgd goes home in 3 weeks...so will save my $$$ and do it right, but start with the writing and drinking! I CAN! I CAN! I CAN!!!

GOTTA GO!
TTYS!
~~~~

JOYce

Last edited by gmalil; 07-31-2001 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2001, 07:47 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies...

How are things going?? Well, I had weigh in today and only lost .6 but I guess that's better then nothing.... I hope I can keep this "loseing" trend - I lost 3 weeks in a row!! Thanks for all your encouragement you guys keep me going on this weight track.... I look at this girl @ work and she is on that liquid diet that Oprah did and she has lost 30 pounds in a month and a half and I get really jealous that I cant do it that fast - I would be super psyched but what are u going to do right??

Well, I better go....

Talk to you all real soon...

Mer
Old 08-01-2001, 10:29 AM   #11  

Carol, you are in our thoughts today; hope all goes well with your appointment, and that you have terrific news next time we hear from you. So glad the move is finished, but sure wish it hadn't taken its toll on your back and leg. I can just see your little sweetie following you around the house! And no, I don't think you'll EVER be "old news" to him! Re: the clothes, yep, size 10! I'm not quite where I want to be, since my personal goal is around 142 (10 more pounds). At the rate I go, that will take many months, but that's ok!

Texaslady, I think the cameras are such a great idea! So glad your dd's open house went so well; people staying late, that's the sure sign that they are really enjoying the party, and the company! Re: NO, that will be after Balmorrhea. That's neat that y'all stopped there on your family trips; did you go swimming at the springs? I've never been there, though we have stayed in Fort Davis and Alpine a few times; I love that area, so cool, and such a dramatic landscape. Pretty isolated, though! (It's in far west Texas, Carol, and at a high altitude; cool and dry.)

Beth, I'm glad your sister is doing well (and that is SO funny about the 101 ways ... ). You and your sisters sound like my bunch; same crazy sense of humor! (When my older sister had a hysterectomy, my little sister sent her (among the "real" get well gifts) an execise tape titled "Abs of Steel.") It is so wise of y'all to consider a program or intervention for your nephew; if he can get his addiction under control now, while he still has his adult life ahead of him, won't that be wonderful? Does he have some friends (w/out the same problem) who could help the family convince him to go to rehab? Surely the awful timing of this last episode will help to convince him, when he realizes how he hurt his mother at such a time.

Saara, wow, swimming in a lake, saunas, good friends; what a great weekend you had! And such fun ahead of you, too. I know what you mean about having that nagging feeling you forgot something important; I'm sure you didn't, but many people (incl. me) have that sensation right before a long trip or a move. When do you leave? Don't forget to drink lots of water on that long plane trip!

JOYce, way to go on your resolution to journal and drink that water. I'm sure you'll show a nice loss when you go back to meetings, after your dgd goes back home. But remember, if other projects come up after that, don't let them stand in your way; those meetings are *your* time, and you deserve to devote at least some of that boundless energy just to yourself, and to getting even healthier. You're always doing so much for others! Put JOYce first sometimes! And thanks for the email; you're right on target, as always!

Merri, congrats on the .6 loss! Three weeks in a row losing, that's the way to do it! I'm so glad you're not following the program your friend is doing (the liquid Oprah thing) in spite of the dramatic losses she is showing now. I wish her the best, of course, but I am *totally* convinced that the best way to lose weight and KEEP it off is the program we are following, which isn't a temporary diet but a way of living. We've all been on those crash diets, I would suspect, (I know I've done lots of 'em in the past) and none of them "took" the way this program has. So keep on keeping on! We know you can do it!

Had some bad news. Took Dad to his doctor yesterday, and they found two more skin cancers on either side of his face. He's having Moh's surgery (an outpatient procedure) tomorrow; I hope they don't have to go really far to get it all, but it has to be done. He's had this before, and has done really well, so I am hopeful things will turn out all right. (They didn't have sun blocker back when he was a teenager herding cattle in the Texas sun. Ladies, please urge your DDs and DSILs, DGDs, etc. to *always* wear sunscreen, hats, etc., even in the winter. Dad's doctor says it would save us all a *lot* of misery as we grow older! And of course, it also helps prevent aging. (end-of-lecture).

Guess I'd better get busy. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
Regards,
Jan
Old 08-01-2001, 04:41 PM   #12  

Default Here We Go Again! :(

Hi everyone. Just a quick post to update you. I do have to have a biopsy. Now here goes more HMO hoops to jump through, and a couple more 90 minute drives to Baltimore. But I'm glad in a way. The radiologist was very impressive, and she talked to me and showed me stuff for a long time. One of those good news-bad news days.
I really need a little more stress in my life right now!!
Gotta run- I'm awaiting a call. I'll post more later. Have a god evening, everyone.
Carol
Old 08-01-2001, 05:03 PM   #13  
Inchworm

Carol, at least things are happening! I pray that you don't have to wait long for the biopsy and the results...I HATE waiting and not knowing! My thoughts and prayers are with you...i have thought of you many times today. My heart did a flip flop when I saw that you had posted! It was good to heaer from you.
Linda said she is having problems with her new provider, and has not been able to log on since switching, and she asked especially about you and asked to send her thoughts and good wishes to you.

Jan, The girls were laughing at gpa's big hat last weekend! wondering if it is mine. he got a big brimmed one for his fresh water fishing, and it is great for the garden/yard work!
sorry to see that your dad has skin cancers, hope they get them without a lot of problems.
SIZE 10!!, I may not identify myself when we are at the meeting place! You must be looking great!!

Oh dear! now I have to have a pity party...guess I will go buy a new beanie baby, I hear they just got 2 new ones in! That will be better than finishing off the choc chip cookies!

~~~~

JOYce
Old 08-01-2001, 08:54 PM   #14  

Hi girls!

Carol, with all the good wishes, thoughts, and prayers being sent your way from the ladies on this thread, you have GOT to have some good news one of these days! I hope you can get the HMO to see things your way. And I agree with the others, at least the whole thing is moving forward again - due completely to your determination, I know. If we don't look out for ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to? Glad you are all moved in, but it wasn't too wise to overdo like that!!

Beth - Glad to hear your sister is doing well. Too bad about her son. Sounds like he really does have an addiction problem. Hopefully he can get some help before he seriously hurts himself, or worse, someone else. Dad has the right idea, I think.

Jan - Please tell your Dad that we are thinking about him too! I hope the cancers aren't too deep. My parents have had trouble with the skin cancers too. All those years of summers at the beach fishing, swimming, etc. - and no sunscreen then either! Size 10!! Whoo-hooo!

JOYce - Before I lost weight, I never wanted to buy any clothes either - always thinking I will wait "just a little longer and lose a few pounds". I wound up having about 3 "uniforms" that I wore all the time. Go out and buy yourself something nice. You will feel better for it! I promise.

Saara - Was getting worried we wouldn't hear from you again before you left Finland. Packing is a pain, but you must be about done now - right? Saunas sound wonderful!

DD has her first gown fitting last night. The gown really only needs very minor alterations - unless she loses weight before the big day (doesn't even need hemming - thanks to those dang boots!). The seamtress said most brides lose 3-5 pounds from pre-wedding stress. But she said she would take it in later on if needed. DD had the gown on for about an hour last night while being fitted and I looked over and saw her propping herself up against the wall. I knew her back was hurting. I do NOT know how she is going to wear that dress for 8 hours and still walk the next day. We are trying to find a way to take some more of the
weight off the dress - every little bit will help. It would have helped immensely if she had not insisted on that long train - but it was her "little girl dream" to have it. Now I'm thinking it wasn't wise to give in - but I couldn't resist. But she looked SO BEAUTIFUL in it last night ! !

Time to go move the water sprinklers. After the floods in early June, we have had almost no rain here. As usual, feast or famine. Have a great evening and good Thursday!
Old 08-02-2001, 04:45 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone! Thanks againto all for the prayers and good wishes- I can use all I can get!
Saara, I know what you mean! There are so many details associated with a move! I've been having that "I know I forgot something important" feeling too! I can only imagine what it would be like to be moving to a whloe new country!! It sounds like you're having a really ggod time with your friends. I know you'll realy miss them, but I have a feeling it won't take you long to make new friends!
Joyce, maybe they are weaving your carpet with a hand loom! Tell Linda we miss her- I sure hope she can resolve her log on problem soon! By the way- I'm in agreement with texaslady- get yourself something new that you feel wonderful in- it will help your self esteem, which in turn will help your weight loss!
Merri, congrats on the .6 loss1! You are moving in the right direction consistently! I agree with Jan- I'm glad you aren't into the Oprah diet thing! It may cause fast weight loss, but I know a couple people who've done that and gained it back- with some extra- almost as fast.
Jan, I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has to have more skin cancers removed. Please give him my love, and let him know he is in my thoughts and prayers. I have a coworker (early 40's) who loves the sun- tans herself so dark every summer, and goes to tanning salons in the winter. There's cancer in her family- can't imagine why she does that and intentionally puts herself at risk. It's not like she works outdoors or anything. She's a nurse- she certainly knows better! Not to mention the leathery appearance her skin is starting to have. Your new size 10's must feel absolutely wonderful!! I know dh is so proud of you! How's his wieght loss doing, by the way?
Texaslady, once again you are right- I overdid it and I'm paying big time! But I didn't really have a whole lot of choice in the matter at the time. It sounds like you are really getting to the fun part of the wedding planning. Does your daughter's heavy train remove so that she can be more comfortable at the reception? Maybe they can devise a ceiling mounted puuley system to attach to the poor girl! I can't wait to see pictures of her- and you- in your beautiful dresses.
Janet, where are you, girl? You're beginning to worry me!

Ladies, I have to run- time to finish getting ready for work. Have a good op Thursday, everyone!
Carol
Closed Thread