View Poll Results: What is your favourite day of the working week?
Friday 2 25.00%
The day after Thursday 1 12.50%
The one beginning with F 3 37.50%
Hmm, probably Friday 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 06:20 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Wink Thursday's Daily Thread

***This thread is for all 20-somethings (give or take a few years) who want to join us on our battle of the bulge (or bulges!).***

It's almost the weekend!! A big hello to you all. Anyone that has been lurking this week - today is your chance to come out and post!

So, how have we all been doing? I don't know about anyone else but my biggest problem is eating out of habit. I'm not hungry but I want to eat something. I find myself doing it at work or in the evenings (hmm, I guess that makes it all the time!). I may have been at goal for over a year and a half but I still have to force myself to eat more slowly and really think about why I want to eat something. And of course, make sure there are plenty low-fat snacks in the house. I guess I really must concentrate on listening to my body and think of food as a fuel, not a comforter, or something to do when I get bored/watch TV.

I guess the secret to being slim is to think like a naturally slim person. Only eat when hungry, stop before you feel full, avoid fatty foods, drink lots of water etcetc. I know I feel a lot healthier after eating lots of fruit and veg and going to the gym a couple of times a week. And whenever I fall off the WW wagon and eat lots of cheese or cakes I really feel more stodgy.

Ok, I will stop my random wafflings for now...hope you're all doing ok.

Kay - if the new job will make you happy then go for it. Life's too short to worry about money (you can't take it with you) and how other people see you.
Kim - I wish more people stayed to my meeting, but cos it's at lunchtime in the centre of London people just rush in, get weighed and head straight back to the office. They have no idea what they are missing out on.
KT- well done on the loss and hope you're not working yourself too hard! When will you become a paramedic? That's such a worthwhile job - I'm very impressed.
JenL - fantastic piccies. You certainly don't look anywhere near 200.
Stacey - you're giving me an ice cream craving!! Luckily our freezer doesn't work properly so I never have any at home...but that means when I buy a tub I have to eat it all!!
Sarah - how are you finding lifetime? I sometimes feel maintaining weight is trickier than losing it. Making sure I don't revert to my old eating habits can be tricky.

Ok, this has been long enough. I better do some work!!

Kirsty
Old 08-09-2001, 09:26 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default the joy of storms

the sink in the office kitchen has just blocked up, spurting out a foul-smelling liquid. YUCK! it's given the entire office a delightful odour.
where is everyone? i feel so lonely. i shall be forced to make up some new identities and start posting to myself....
Old 08-09-2001, 09:45 AM   #3  

Hi Kirsty and all those that will come and post later on....
Sorry to hear about the sink!
How are you, I do hope you are well?

WG
Old 08-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

At last I have a friend!
Old 08-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #5  
Parrothead

Default I'm here...no need to make up people!

Good morning Kirsty!

I'm here and still thinking about the new job. After discussing it with my DH, I have to see if they can offer me a little more than I was offered yesterday. The more I think about it, the more I want the job but with the cost of living here in Austin there is no way I can accept at the current offer. The sad thing is that I am not asking for even half of what I make now. I hope that they will be able to pay me what I need to accept. I meet with them on Wednesday so I guess I'll know then. The thing is, I bring in more skills than they originally need. I can automate a lot of their processes and I can create and maintain their website, so I don't feel bad asking for a higher offer. Its not that the money is super important, its just that me and DH need enough to live off of and buy a home. Unfourtunately in this day and age you can't really do that on one salary. OK, enough of that. If its meant to be, it'll all work out.

Other than that, I've been good OP lately and this is my last week of maintenance. I hope to lose a pound this week so I plan on working hard at the program. wish me luck!

Come out and play everyone!
Kay
Old 08-09-2001, 09:51 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Ooh KAY! a real person!!!
good on you asking for more money - i'm sure they'll understand, and if they want you then they should be prepared to push the boat out a bit, esp if you are going to be doing extra for them.
good luck.
i hope you make lifetime next week!
kirsty
Old 08-09-2001, 09:54 AM   #7  

Thumbs down

do you know - i haven't even been drinking today. i must be having a silly turn. yesterday, my coworker and i were spinning round on our chairs seeing who got dizzy first. pre-thunderstorm tension i guess.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:12 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kirsty, you crack me up!!!

Hey all... Hanging in there! I did Tae Bo when I got home last night. But binged a little at night. I had baked tostitos and queso, then when hubby went to bed I had a skinny cow. All low fat, but I still feel quilty. I was, however, in my points!!!! This morning I walked the dog. YAH ME! 5 straight days of exercise!

I forgot I was taking a class tomorrow night and Saturday. The class starts at 10:00 and is 45 minutes away. I have WI at either 7:45 or 9:00... If I go to the 7:45 one, I will still most likely miss the meeting! Bummer, and I was looking forward to it. Oh well, I still may be able to stay for some of it. If I make 10% I will be bummed if I can't stay. And the 7:45 is not my normal meeting (9:00 is), so I will still be bummed!

Kay... You gotta do what makes you happy. Being in a low key fun job can be better than the high profile ones. And I bet if your friends see how casual and low key you get to be, they may be jealous! I know I would prefer it!!!

Well, bette get to work. They say the cool front is coming in this afternoon, so we may finally get some relief!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2001, 10:12 AM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow night and I can't wait!
I did relatively well OP yesterday, so we'll see about today. One day at a time, huh?
Kay: Go with your heart and your salary will follow. If this is the job for you, then maybe making different choices about lifestyles will be worth it. If you don't want to change your style of living, then maybe the job won't be what's best. How is the weather there? It is absolutely unbearable today...or at least will be. You know it's hot when it's 80 degrees at 6:00 in the morning. It's supposed to be 103 today. BUT, tomorrow, we're getting a cool front and there is a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. I can't wait!
Kirsty: How do you maintain? I would have such a difficult time!
But I have figured out that I get hungry when I'm bored. (or at least my stomach thinks it's hungry)
I should get to work now. Have a great day eveyrone!@
Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default ZAP!

stacey - i guess i try to stick to the good habits WW has taught me and whenever my weight creeps up i take action. sometimes it is easier than others. it would be nice to not have to think about what you eat sometimes. or not think about food at all.
enjoy getting your hair cut.
jen you are doing so well on points and exercise! go you!! i hope you get your 10% and can make some of the meeting.
and now for something completely different. has anyone tried laser hair removal? i got a patch test done on my armpit. basically they flash a laser on it (pulse lasts less than a second). and then you smell a yukky burnt hair smell! but after 4-6 weeks the hairs fall out and don't grow back! i got it done a couple of weeks ago and already i have bald patches. cool!! bikini line next i say.

kirsty
Old 08-09-2001, 10:31 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone Another Thursday! I can't believe August is almost half over already. Eeeek. Where's this summer gone to. We're in the midst of a heat wave over here in the Northeast tho so I think that lots of people will be glad when fall rolls around. Temps close to 100 each day are a bit much. Today is supposed to be the hottest yet. Ugh! I'm staying indoors... there's no way I want to be wandering around in this. They created air conditioning for a reason.

I've actually been doing pretty well foodwise. I'm maintaining the lower end of my current weight fluctuation block (203-207 or so). For awhile I was at the higher end but I'm really really hoping to get under 200 soon. I've been trying to do this for what, almost a year now. Geez. Enough is enough!

Anyways Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I hope ya'll are having a great week.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:02 AM   #12  

Kirsty, never tried it, I'm chicken. But has anyone ever tried any home waxing kits for the bikini line?? I hate the razer burn I get whenever I need to wear a swim suit! I would love to hear your suggestions, comment, etc!

Stacey, I walked Sadie this morning and it was already 75 out. UGHHH.... I am so anxious for the cool front, I just hope it isn't too cool. They said this evening we could get some violent weather once the cool front hits the warm front! I hate storms!

I have decided that I want to lose another 20 pounds by my vacation. That is 2 1/2 months away. YIKES! It could be a push, but I really want it. I lose too dang slow!!! I really really really want to be under 200... preferable 190! GIVE ME THE STRENGTH!
Old 08-09-2001, 11:05 AM   #13  
Proud Mama

Good Morning!

Well, I couldn't take the heat anymore and yesterday I went off my rocker and bought two airconditioners... LOL Now the livingroom and the baby's room are a bit cooler. Of course, I'm $525 poorer too.

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 3 pounds. Yippee. I was hoping for at least 5, given that this is technically week one for me but I'll have to be satisfied with the 3 and hope for similar results next week. Still OP, which is a miracle in and of itself.

Couldn't believe there were already 10 posts when I logged in today... then I see Kirsty is having a little schitzophrenia going on.

Kay, the job sounds like what you want to do... hopefully they will come up to a livable salary for you. The good news? At least you wont get all comfortable with a higher salary, so if you want to quit when you have kids the bite wont be as big! LOL Follow your heart.

Better go... tons of work to do.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:11 AM   #14  

Janet... I read in the paper last night that all stores in our area are sold out of A/C's. This heat wave is miserable!!! You are a lucky duck to get two! We put central air in this spring because of Emma... I am so happy we did!
Old 08-09-2001, 11:15 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

jen, i've tried home waxing strips. but i didn't think much of them. same goes for depilatory cream. the results just don't last and i tend to get a rash (very sensitive skin). epilating (the evil coils/tweezer thing) works best but you can get ingrown hairs. however, laser (aculight) doesn't hurt at all (well the patch test didn't so fingers crossed it won't!) and i'm getting it done on saturday so i'll let you know how it goes. just think - no more hair. ever!
Closed Thread