Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #16  

Sis, this morning was absolutely beautiful here. The sun was shining, light wind blowing, a little warmer than it has been. THEN it all went away! It got downright cold and it was snowing!

Thanks to the b-day wishes for Tim! He says thank you also!!

Susan, glad you had a nice time with your parents!

We have Kramer here tonight!!!! Bob said it's time for him to be here even if the porch isn't done. I'm going to take him to the other house on my way to school in the morning because Bob won't be around most of the day. At least at the old house Kramer knows what is off limits for him. (when he remembers!!!)

Have a great week everyone!!!! Here's to lots of losses on the scales this week!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #17  

Hi everyone. I have been reading all your posts and getting up to date on all the news. It sounds like everyone is doing great.
It has been very Springy here the last few days.
I am doing ok this week but was very sick last week. I think the sickest I have been my whole adult life. I had double pneumonia, and am taking two HUGE antibiotic pills at a time. They taste terrible, but have helped a lot. They also told me at work that I could take an extra day off everyother week. I guess they figured out that if they kill me with work they will have to hire 2 to replace me.
I'm not worried too much about the weight these days, just concentrating on getting something down with the pills.
I am glad everyone is doing well, even when I don't post I try to keep up on the news.
Happy Springtime Ladies!!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #18  
Susan

Mimi,
I'm so sorry that you have been so sick! Please take care of yourself!!! I know you feel like you are taking horse pills because they are so huge. Have the boys chop your back. It will hurt at first so have them do it lightly. It will help break up all of the junk in your lungs. Wish we were closer so we could come take care of you!

That is mighty generous of your work to give you a day off every other week. They need to be good to you.

Take care!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Oh, Mimi, I'm so sorry you are sick. I figured you were just working too hard to have time to post.
I'm glad you are better. Please take it easy.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #20  

Mimi, feel better soon!!!! That's great that they are giving you extra time from work. You need the time to get better.

Water aerobics tonight. It really is a fun class. Glad that Kay convinced me to sign up for it.

One of my aunts passed away this morning. We've been expecting it, but it's hard. There is only 1 of my dad's sisters living now. He and alll of his brothers are gone.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your aunt.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #22  
Susan

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your aunt!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #23  

Thanks gang. I just keep thinking about all of the family pictures that I've looked at lately in the move. There are so many family members who are gone. Losing Uncle Bill and Aunt Louise this close together is hard for me. Aunt Caroline is having a very tough time since she is the only one left of the brothers and sisters. The funeral is Friday morning. We are doing our testing Friday morning. I feel like I should be at school for the testing, but I think I need to be at the funeral too. I guess for the testing all I have to do is read a page, get the kids started, and give them a couple breaks. I'm sure a sub could handle that.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #24  
Susan

Tammy,
A sub can handle the testing!!! Your family needs you more right now!!!! I'm so sorry that you have had to got through all of this. It's hard seeing your family age.

Last year, my dad lost 2 of his siblings in 6 weeks. There were 5 of them. Then we lost Seamus. It was a tough year!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!! Hope you can feel our hugs
Old 03-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I agree with Susan. You need to be at the funeral.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Tina
Old 03-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
How is everyone doing? I hope your weather is good. It's sunny and warm here. We expect to reach 80 again today.

Mimi, how are you doing friend? I hope you are gaining strength and are almost finished with your "horse" pills.

I'm off to exercise now.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #27  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Would please say an extra prayer for my dad? He has been diagnosised with the beginning of Parkinsons. I honestly don't know if I can handle it and if my family can handle anymore. Some how we will..... I always knew there was a possiblity that was the cause of his shaking hand but it is like running into a break wall when you here it. You all know how I feel about him "he walks on water in my eyes"!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Susan, that is hard news to take. I'm so sorry.
However, there are so many medical breakthroughs now. We will just figure that he will get the best medical attention and be fine.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone

susan, sorry to hear about your dad, he'll be in my prayers also. I'm still going to the Y and watching what i eat, drinking my water. I've decided to go to the gym during the afternoon when I do the banking for work, it's right by the banks. I was going to go before I start in the morning but that would mean being on the transit at 5:30AM and I find when i finish work at 7:30PM I just want to go home. I could go to the Y for about .5 hr, shower and come back to the office. I think it would liven me up a bit. When I'm at the Y i'll weigh myself and post when i come back.

I hope everyone has a good day on program - still not smoking

take care

maureen
Old 03-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #30  

Susan, your dad will be in our prayers. My friend's father has Parkinson's. He has good days and bad. My doctor is still wondering if I might be in the beginning stages because of my trembling hands and arms. Time will tell. Take care of yourself!

Maureen, good for you on not smoking!!! Also, congrats on going to the Y. I am feeling better with the classes that I'm taking and the walking there.

I have a sub for tomorrow. I was able to request a woman that will do a great job. The visitation for my aunt was tonight. I knew once I was there that I had made the right decision about going to the funeral tomorrow. Some of my older cousins are having a tough time seeing me with my problems- trouble walking, being in pain, etc. They still think of me as that sweet little girl!! lol
Closed Thread