View Poll Results: What's the weather like today??
Warm and Sunny 3 20.00%
Hot and Muggy 10 66.67%
Rainy and Gloomy 1 6.67%
Just plain cold!!!! 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 09:14 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Hey, it's Tuesday...

Wow... yesterday there were a ton of people here, now today I am the starter!

I made myself a salad for lunch today... and walked Sadie this morning. We had a cooler front move in last night and dropped the temps about 10 degrees.... ahhhh relief!!!!

I got an e-mail from Brenda... she is A-OK! Her work put E-sniff on the puters and she is afraid to go on-line. Also, she is gone the rest of the week to her PL Conference. Hopefully soon she will be able to get on-line and update us!

Kim.. saw your post on yesterdays thread. Emma is not as popular here. Hubby and I fell in love with the name about 3 years ago and it stuck. The way I look at it, no matter how popular it is... nothing can be worse than Jennifer in the 70's.

Hope everyone is doing great today!! More later!
Old 07-24-2001, 09:35 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Wouldn't you know it? I posted a new thread at the same time as you, Jen! Since I couldn't think of a poll I thought it would be more fun to come over here though, so mine is GONE GONE GONE

Ok, confession time, I called my leader this morning and wimped out of the next 3 weeks of WI. I have so much on my plate at the moment (apt expression ) that I'm not giving it any kind of shot at all, and I soooooo resent turning up and paying every week to find out I've maintained/gained AGAIN (I know, I know, it's pathetic). So, once I have the house move, the trip to Spain and the paper (as yet unwritten because writing partner is incommunicado in deepest Galicia) out of the way, I will take some time off and get back on track. I don't mean I'm going to go mad, though - in fact, I'm counting points again as of yesterday

Jen - there weren't too many Jennifers in my generation, in England it was popular about 20/30 years before. I have met a lot of American Jens though! I like some of the older names - Cicely/Cecily is pretty, and Claudie, Dorothy, Dora, Alice ... except my cousin beat me to Alice (after our Gran). I noticed also that there seems to be a trend in the US for naming kids with what I think of as surnames - Hunter, Parker, etc. In England they always get named after celebrities and TV characters, so there are hundreds of little Keanus and Kylies and Madonnas running around ...

Ok, getting back to work now!
Hugs,
Lolly (the wimp)
xxx
Old 07-24-2001, 09:43 AM   #3  

Lolly... in the US, we name after celebrities also. THe funniest... when the movie Madeline came out (based on the cartoon) there were a ton of baby Madelines afterwards. Too bad, because I like that name! Jennifer was the most popular name in the US from 1969-about 1980. I once saw the statistics... And Michael for boys. That is still in the top 10 for popularity since about 1968. My brother is Michael... we are a way too popular family!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 09:54 AM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

And you've heard of Brooklyn Beckham, right? (Posh Spice's kiddie). What about Scary Spice's one - Phoenix Chi?! And Bob Geldof's 3: Fifi Trixiebelle, Peaches, and Pixie!!!

Lxxx
Old 07-24-2001, 10:02 AM   #5  

Default Hello!

Hi everyone! I was one of the lurkers yesterday-just had no time to post!!! Well, i am back from the wedding weekend in Chicago-I met my Fiance's entire family...and hung out w/his sister and her fiance all weekend...it actually went really well!!! We all bonded, and his mother was nice to me! His cousin even warned me not to take his mom too seriously b/c she can be hypercritical...which I have already experienced....so anyhow, things are good!
on the WWer front, things aren't so good..Lolly, you're not a wimp-I've basically done the same thing by skipping WI for three weeks...I know I have gained something...but I was OP yesterday and two of the three days I was in Chicago...we'll get there....I'm still in for the Labor Day challenge, Jen!!!! 145 here I come!!!!
I picked up my weding dress last Thursday....whoo hoo!!!
DF and I actaully have a free weekend this weekend-we don't have to travel anywhere...I think we are going to Six Flags on monday.....then next weekend it's home to NY for a wedding planning marathon weekend...we hope to pick a DJ, look at hotels, finalize a church, and finish registering. I also want to finalize the girls' dresses...I'm going to be home for a week so i can do all of this!!!
Plus, my mom got free concert tix for Rod Stewart...so I get to go! We are thinking of 'Have I Told You Lately that I Love You" for our wedding song...so DF told me to ask Rod to come sing at the wedding -Bye! Lori
Old 07-24-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  
Proud Mama

Default Since we are talking about names...

What do you think of the name "Ana-Lee". [One word, first name] I'd love to use that if I ever have a girl, and I love the way it sounds but I can't figure out how to spell it!

Analee
Annalee
Analeigh
Annaleigh
AnaLee
AnnaLee

I was almost disappointed when I found out Benjamin was a boy b/c I wanted to use this name so bad! LOL

It has special significance since it's a combination of my DH's mom & grandma's names (the both passed away shortly before Ben was born.) My MIL's name was Carollee, and gran was Anne. I wanted to use the name Ana-Lee Carol.

Wow, I went on a bit about that, huh?

The CAD diet is so-far pretty easy for me to follow. Don't know if it's working though... LOL I count up the points in my head anyway (bad habit) and I'm well over the limits, soooo... Keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle it works anyway.

Isn't weight loss simply a function of calories in vs. calories out? How can you lose weight w/out cutting calories? I'm having a hard time believing this can work, but if it does, I think I'll be one happy camper. At least right now I feel successful since I can actually manage to stick to the program! LOL

TTFN,
Old 07-24-2001, 10:10 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default I love Rod Stewart!

I admit it. Me and b/f both love Roderick!! Have fun Lori!

Lolly - how to you get out without paying the fee? We can't do that here! DAMN YOU UK people!! It sucks up here...oh well!

My night was good until b/f wanted to go to DQ. Which is okay except they were out of 1pt fudgy bars, so I got a small cone...oh well, could have been worse, right?

I always thought bob Geldof's kids names were very very way too trendy. And then Paula yeats went and called micheal hutchences kid Tiger Lily.

Ah, Micheal.. He was so dripping with sexuality!! OH well...all the good ones, well, hang themselves, literally or figuratively.

Well, I gotta run - hi to Jen, Kirsty, Kim, everyone....Jen, say hi to Brenda from us!

WI tonite - BTW hair is good its just past shoulderlength and a few long layers, will be way easier to do once I get used to it.
Old 07-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone Ugh yesterday turned out so hot and oppressive... I was hoping today would be better but it's looking to wind up along the same lines. I guess we'll just have to stay in the air conditioning yet again. I don't even think it's that it is very hot, more that it is sooo humid.

Janet... I like Annalee or Annaleigh... I think that's really sweet that you want to combine the names and it does make a really pretty name whichever way you choose to spell it.

Lori... my friends and I were talking about going to a Six Flags... we haven't gotten to yet tho. I haven't been to an amusement park in a very long time. I think we'll probably wait till it cools off a little here. What kind of wedding dress did you get? I keep hearing about the new trends in wedding dresses (ie, 2 piece).

Well, I've got to run. Hi to everyone!
Old 07-24-2001, 10:51 AM   #9  
flibbertobbergenie!

Janet, I know someone here who spells it 'Annily', which I think is pretty.

Belle - I just told a little fibby and said I had to be out of town for work. Which is true the 3rd week, I will be in Spain. Just hope I don't run into my leader before then

Lxxx
Old 07-24-2001, 10:54 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! It was pretty busy here after I left work. I am working at home today. I started at 8am, wasn't feeling well last night so I slept in a little this morning. We did have a lovely dinner with DH, and MIL before she left today. We went out for Italian. I had steamed mussels with fettucini and a plum tomato sauce. I ate the whole thing and it was huge. Also had 2 glasses of wine and bread. That's ok, hopefully it wasn't too bad. I was only at 7 points before I went so I might not be too far over.

DH leaves tonight for Las Vegas. He has always wanted to go so he is going by himself. He comes back on Friday. I know he will have fun. It will be kind of nice to have the quiet house to myself for a few days with no guests. He will be gone during next week too, oh well.

RE: baby names. My friend who is PG doesn't have any ideas so far and said that she won't tell before the baby is bron. that kills me, I wan tto know. I understand that you don't want people to make bad comments about the names you have chosen but I really like to know. Oh welll. DH and I have already picked ours - John Sanders, call him Jack. that is both our dad's names. Ane Elizabeth Lynne if it is a girl. Elizabeth was my middle name before I got married and Lynne was my mom's middle name. I love family names. Alice is my favorite, cousin and g-ma but DH doesn't like it. (I like older traditional names too). DH like to shorten everything. We may call the girl Ellie, or Lily, we prefer Lily but have a 4 year old cousin with that name.

Janet - I like AnnaLee Carol, very pretty. Glad to hear that the new diet is going well so far.

Belle - How is the haircut?

Lolly - I think it is ok to put WW off for a while if you need to as long as you don't use it as an excuse to go crazy. Good luck getting through your busy time.

Kim - How exciting to look for reception sites! Keep us posted!

Lori - I'm glad you had so much fun at the wedding adn with DF's family. That is very important. Good luck with the planning, can't wait to hear the details!

Stacey - You can do it! Get right back OP and forget everything that happened before today!

Shaylene - Stay cool

Belle - I loe the message your neive left, that is too cute! Things like that really get me since we are close to having kids.

Jen- I love the name Emma. I also suggest Emma Lynne but DH doesn't like it. Oh well. Jennifer is very popular as was Sarah when I was in school.

Brenda- Hi! We miss you! Glad to hear that PL is going well. Come post when you can!

Where are Kay and Kirsty? Haven't hear from you lately. Hi to Tonya, Steph, Jen2, Kierie and everyone. Must go...

Sarah
Old 07-24-2001, 11:53 AM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tonight's the Night!

Too bad the snacks are still out. Did you know that Spinach Dip is just as good with Tostitos as it is with Crackers?
I AM starting over tonight, though.
Did anyone else get asked the "baby" question the moment they returned from their honeymoon? People are already asking! My creative memories leader told me I can't get pregnant until my Wedding Scrapbook is done. Haha! DH said we'll have at least a two year wait then. I asked him if it was a challenge?!?! He's not ready for kids but I am. I do want to get into a bigger house first. I like the names Emma Grace or Anna Grace after my grandma (Grace) and her sister (Anna). I don't know about boys, though.
My problem with posting is that my boss walks by and I have to minimize. Then I get busy and forget about my post!!! Everyone and their dog has posted by now!
As for the weather...it is too damn hot and too muggy!! They are predicting 108 today for the high. YUCKO!!!
I should be in a swimming pool with sunscreen right now!
I'm getting back to work...more later!
Old 07-24-2001, 12:00 PM   #12  
Parrothead

Default I'm here!

Hi everyone! I'm back and all moved in. I think I earned a ton of exercise points in the move, but I made up for it eating. My parents came into town and we ate out the entire weekend. My dad went to college in this town, so he took us to one of the old burger joints he used to frequent 30 years ago. It was awesome! I took off from work yesterday to clean up the old apartment and get the new one organized. Then I spent the afternoon at the pool getting some sun. Weather here has been over 100 degrees, not good for moving.

Anyway, I don't have time for a long post right now. A couple of things...
Sarah ~ Way to go on the lifetime. I have 4 more WI before I'm a lifetimer. I'm going for a WW interview in August, so hopefully I'll get to work there.

Kim ~ Way cool on the reception hunting! Maybe he's ready for the leap. I don't know why men take so long getting "ready". In hindsight, marriage is really not hard at all. Its not any more difficult than being in a serious relationship. Good luck to you!

Trish ~ Have you gone to www.babynames.com ? They have a ton of ways to find a name. I like Franklin for a boy and Anna for a girl. My DH is a 4th, so we'll name our first son Michael V and call him quint (or cinco). Feel free to bounce off names here if you want

Belle ~ Whoo Hoo on the BF coming around. The modeling sounds great. I wish I were tall/skinny/pretty enough for that. It would be fun!

Well I am off! I'll check back later! Hi to all I missed

Kay
Old 07-24-2001, 12:22 PM   #13  

Stacey... my MIL asked me the night of the rehersal dinner. She was so rude and blunt about it, I cried!!! We waited 2 years EXACTLY! I was due on our 2 year wedding anniversary, but she came 10 days early... shewwww! OH and Emma Grace was my fave tooooo, but we decided to use my moms name for Emma's middle... Emma Judith. My middle name is my grandmothers who died before I was born... I thought it was appropriate since my mom has battled cancer and won twice. She was so touched she cried...

OH and I forget who said something about not telling names until AFTER the baby is born... not only did we NOT know the sex, we didn't tell anyone the names either. It was more special to tell the family afterwards... and no one made any comments about not liking the names. I think that is why my mom was emotional about the name... seeing little Emma and hearing she is named after you. It was very special. If she would have been a boy... Thomas Paul. Named after my uncle Tom who also died when I was young. Great guy and he deserves it!!
Old 07-24-2001, 12:59 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Lolly - I just don't know how you can get away without paying if you call in - our leaders would be like oh well, you pay when you get here for all missed weeks!! I hope you don't run into your leader! Yikes!!!

Sarah - the hair is, well, okay. Its quite a lot shorter, but I can wear it down again. It was so long that I was only putting it in ponytails etc and I wans't enjoying it. So I thought a change would be good. It pretty much looks like the pic I posted again.....

Yeah, Julie is pretty special. She phones me now and its so cute!!

Jen - I think not telling is fine and sort of fun. WE bugged my sister to tell us the gender/name and she wouldn't. Then when Julianna came my bro in law ran out and said "its a girl! Julianna Taylor" a dn we were all crying and stuff. We called her "eggbert" until she was born. She'll hate us for that one day!!!

Stacey - why oh why do people do that?? most annoying I should say.....I think its good to live with your spouse awhile as hubby and wife before bambinos anyway. It'll be the last time you get to do that. I am thinkign that b/f and I would travel and stuff first a nd have kids later in life - 30's and after. He hinted to that this moring, one of our friends is getting married next summer, selling everthing and going to live in Europe for a year. Of course, my b/f is too practical for htat, but I'd love it. he did think it was a cool idea though.

Kay - do you like your new place?? The modelling thing - I am by no means skinny, or tall. I am photogenic. And lucky. So, plus size modelling would be fun (size 10 and up) I'd kill to be a size 10....

Well, I better go and get more work done. I am having Greek tonite (with the stepmother! ) , so I am trying to save points wherever I can. So far I am at 5 points - one low fat muffin and coffee (I am really counting even the coffee milk, so I am doing good - Yay!!).

Names - I like Liam (mom hates that name) Emmanuel, James, Dane, Emily, Emmanuelle, Emma, Rebecca..and Alana. and tons more of course, I am brain dead...

B
Old 07-24-2001, 01:44 PM   #15  
Bono Fanatic!

Hello all! Sorry I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday... I had a great weekend. Didn't meet a spouse at the block party that I went to on Saturday, but did have a great time! I did give my phone number to a cute boy but we'll see if he ever calls!
Sunday I spent the day at the beach, which is about the only way to deal with this awful humid weather we've been having.

Jen - I hear you about growing up a Jennifer in the 70's!! I have a group of friends that have called me by my last name for so long (to differentiate me from the other Jennifer's) that I wonder if they even know my first name! My mom swears that it wasn't popular and that she didn't know any Jennifers when I was born...not so sure that I believe her!

Belle - Congrats on the b/f situation!! You sound so much more confident of things now than you were last week. I'm glad you got some kind of indication about how serious he really is!!

Lolly - I don't think it is so bad that you plan to miss a few meetings (and at least you can do it without having to pay!) Sometimes a small break does wonders for getting re-motivated.

Lori - Good job staying OP most of the time you were in Chicago...you managed to come here right in the middle of some terrible weather!! Things are starting to get a bit less humid as of today.

Kay - Let us know how the new apartment is. It sounds like you have a pool there. That's cool!

Stacey - I am starving today and after reading your post, now I really want spinach dip (and tostitos!!)

Janet - Glad to hear you are sticking to the CAD program. Maybe this is what you needed to get back on track!

Sarah - Enjoy your alone time while DH is away!!

Hi to Trish, Tonya, Kier, Kirsty, and anyone else that comes out to play!!

Jen
Closed Thread