Thursday July 19 Daily Thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Would you ever be in a "reality" TV show? (Survivor, Big Brother etc)
Yes, I'm a media whore
15.38%
No way sireee
53.85%
Maybe...(details)
30.77%
What is Survivor/Big Brother?
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hi girls! I'm back!! I had a fantastic trip up to Scotland, but now it's back to grey, miserable London. I haven't had a chance to look through the posts, so if you have anything important to tell me, speak now!!
    How has everyone been? Lots of losses I hope. Darn, better go get on with work...lots to catch up on. But I have told my boss and colleagues about my broadcast meteorologist job now! They are really pleased for me, but gutted I'm leaving. Ooh, the good news is that I'll get paid more in my new job!
    So, tell aunty kirsty everything...

Kirsty
  • Auntie Kirsty Did you Bring us a Pressie?
    Morning Girls I'm having one of those days where I know i have alot to do but I CANT REMEMBER!
    yes its time for me to get an organizer or some Ginko
    Kirsty I'm Glad you had a good Holiday
    btw I chose maybe b/c I once made a video audition for the real World
    *Shame*
    My names Kierie and i'm a Wannabe Media WHORE lol
  • of course i got you all pressies!
    unfortunately you'll have to come to london to get them (and you better be quick cos my coworkers are munching their way through them!).

i remember the real world! it was so addictive!! i suppose i'm a bit of a media whore, but i couldn't do reality tv cos i need my own space too much (plus i don't think anyone needs to see me on the loo!). of course, on celebrity big brother (in the uk) they didn't film in the bathroom so that'd be ok.

where is everyone else? quit lurking and get posting!!
  • NOPE!
    I would have to say no, I am not into the reality TV shows, but really I don't watch too much TV altogether....

Kirsty - welcome back!!

Well, b/f is negociating with that vancouver outfit and I can't stop thinking about it. Today he told me that he wouldn't just dump me, that we'd work it out somehow...and he asked me if I'd be taking this job permanently in Feb if they offer it, which I doubt b/c I am extrememly unhappy and not challenged. But regardless, I think he was testing the waters. I don't know what he'll do, I mean he hasn't said he loves me. Many of his actions and other words speak to that, but not those three magical words, and its been almost a year. He has said he is 1000x more fulfilled since dating me, that we're best friends, that he misses me when I am gone for even one night, etc etc....but, oh well. I guess only time can tell. If he takes this job he'll be gone in 1.5 months.

Other than that looming over my head, I had a nice night with him - dinner turned out really well, he liked all of it, and we watched Indiana Jones (my first time!) and hung out - a really nice night. Tonite I am hanging out with a friend though, which is okay b/c I am sure he needs some alone time to think the job thing through.

Its so hard to think ahead now. Just a couple of days ago I was talking about Thanksgiving and xmas and now I don't even know if he'll be around in September....its really hard to deal with. I am trying to just be optomistic and enjoy things...but he keeps saying stuff like "its only $150 to fly to Vancouver" and "it wouldn't be permanent long distance"....what does that mean?? Plus, he always says short hypothetical things but never really wants to TALK aboutit, he says we won't worry aboutit until he is really considering the job, IF he does...that isn't too fair to me b/c meanwhile I sit here internalizing everything he says, reading things into it to determine if he wants to be with me, if he'll leave me etc.

I am out of sorts today....

Oh well...how is that for some long epic crap Auntie Kirsty??

Well, I better mosey....must work (blech)

B
  • I cry too easily
    I wouldn't be able to do a reality TV show b/c I cry too easily.
    I'm burned about the fact that here in the US if we want to watch video footage of Big Brother, then we have to pay out 9.95/mo!!!
    No way! Last season, it was free! But, I missed the first few episodes but now I'm hooked. The live show is tonight.
    Kirsty: On yesterday's thread I posted a Wedding Novel. Check it out!
    Well ladies, I played too much yesterday and now have more work than I can give blessings for. So, I'll lurk a little later and maybe even come out and play when I get my desk cleaned off.
    Kirsty Welcome back!
    Kierie: I always would've done Real World. At least they don't
    make you eat bugs!!
    Hello to everyone about to post and to those who posted while I took forever to post this!
    Have a great day!
  • Hi everyone!
    Sorry I have been do absent lately. My motivation for WW has been a little dim lately. Luckily this week I maintained, but I am still up .8 over goal. Maybe this week...

Dh and I are moving this weekend so we are in the mess of packing. Luckily the new place is only 5 miles up the road so the move won't be too bad. Other than that, his mom and brother and brother's girlfriend were in town for a couple of days. That was stressful but fun. The only thing is that his family always stays with us in our tiny apartment. I wouldn't mind them staying with us if we had more room. It just kinda bugs me that my family always gets a hotel room since the place is so small and his family just assumes that its ok to stay with us. I guess thats marriage.

I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts so I'll do my best...

Kim ~ Way to go on the loss! Thats awesome to break the plateau.

Stacey ~ The wedding sounds great! I love weddings. Our only hitch with the wedding was that the limo never showed and we had to ride to the hotel in a minivan. I'm glad you liked Mexico. We went to Puerto Villarta for the honeymoon and did many of the same things ya'll did. Mexico is my favorite place to vacation. Its beautiful, inexpensive, and the people are so nice. It also helps that the flight there is short from Texas (we left out of Houston).

Jen ~ My prayers are with you and your family. My grandpa is in a similar situation. He is in and out of the hospital and now he is going to have to move to a nursing home. It is really hard to see someone you love give up on life. He is also my last grandparent and I always wanted him to meet my kids one day. Take care and hugs to your family from me.

Kierie ~ WOW on below 200! You are doing fabulous. Ireland sounds like its going to be a great trip.

Kirsty ~ Great that you had a fun vacation. I love vacation! I only wish I could go more often.

Belle ~ You and your Bf will work through this don't worry. It sounds like he is ready for the committment since he is taking you to meet the family. Long distance can work if you want it to. Me and DH were long distance for 2 years before we were married and everything turned out well. Don't worry about him not saying the three words. DH and I dated for over a year before he said it and I think that was after a few beers. I knew in my heart he loved me. Les Miz is one of my favorite shows! You will have a blast

Trish ~ Keep us updated on how the ultrasound goes. What a wonderful experience to get to see your child! It is very hot here also. We haven't had rain in over a month and the temps are 3 digits most days. I'm used to the heat, so it doesn't bother me as much. Hope you can get comfortable soon. Take care!

OK this is a book so I need to get going. For the poll I put no way. There are just some things I would rather not share with the world.

Kay
  • HI everyone. I went home at noon yesterday and slept for 4 hours. I missed all the good talk shows. But I am still nauseous today. UGHHH.. hubby thinks I need to go to the doctor. I think it is just a bug. I do feel a little better, just not great. Hate that!

Oh and everyone is speculating as to whether I am PG again because I am nauseous. AS IF I can't ever get sick. At the funeral on tuesday, I walked in sicker than a dog and the first thing my MIL says.... maybe you got a little one on the way. UGGGHH.... yesterday at work another person asked me. Weird huh. I just had my TOM last week... although I am reminded that you can still have TOM and be PG... but I don't think I am since I am on the pill too! I just wanna be better! I am super exausted too!

Belle... think of the positives. Everything happens for a reason, keep thinking that... and he hasn't taken it yet!!!

Stacy... the ring thing wouldn't gotten me all out of wack too... but at least your DJ wasn't arrested an hour before your reception!!! Oh my sis in law is engaged now... but I don't care for the guy. He refused to come to our wedding... and never has once tried to talk to me. WHen I talk to him, he ignores me. He is very RUDE!!!! Doubt I will be in the wedding.... would be cute if Emma was tho! Then again... MIL will probably make her have me in the wedding. UGGGHHHH. It is in May and that is about the time we will be trying for baby number 2. If I am PG it could be interesting! Oh and sis in law is not happy with me because she is jealous that Emma gets attention and she doesn't.... very spoiled girl! She is only 21 tho, so she has LOTS of growing up to do!

OK, i have babbled way too much... I need a nap!
  • Auntie Kirsty replies...
    Belle - why not tell him you love him first? That's what I had to do with my boy. Once I told him he couldn't stop saying it. I think he just needed a bit of reassurance.
    The whole job thing sounds a bit scary I agree. I guess it would help to know if you have a future together in which case it would be nice if you could jointly decide if it's a good move or not? and maybe you could find a job there too? try not to panic too much about it until he definitely decides.
    stacey - the ring story was great! poor you - but at least everything else worked out. so how's married life treating you?

hello to everyone else about to post, i better get on with work.

kirsty
  • ps hello kay and jen!!
    jen, so sorry to hear all you've been through. chin up and hope you get better.
    kay, good luck with the move!
  • ooh, before i forget. lolly - you up for the flora light london marathon this year?
    and everyone else - are we up for meeting up next year!?
  • Kirsty - I did say I loved him once while we were both drunk and I quickly brushed it off. He didnt say anything back and I didnt' wait for him to, but he told meabout 2 months ago he wasn't ready to for saying I love you but that he cared for me deeply.....I think on our anniversary I might tell him. But, I'd liek to hear it from him first, I have to admit...I could get a job out there, and I WOULD but what if he doesn't want me to go with him? I mean, I have thought it through. I would leave my family - they are always there and we are close so we'd keep in good contact, I only have 2 friends left here, not goodones either, the rest moved to BC already, so that would be nice to be closer to them....and I hate my job, so no worries there. but its his feelings I don't know about. I would like to make the decision together. I guess I'll just wait it out. My sister keeps saying - just be the girl he wants to be with and everhthing else will come out in the wash. I hope she's right!!

Kay - thanks for your words - I guess you are a success story...we had "talked hypothetically" about it before and he said he'd want me tocome out in February, so that would be like 6 months apart or something. That I could handle. I just don't know if he wants to do that or not. Before we were dating he said he'd never do long distance again....oh well. Yay! someone else who didn't hear the 3 magic words until a year or more..most of my friends say that they heaerd it after a few months...I was worried! I have told him I loved him while drunk and immediately regretted it b/c I felt so foolish. I haven't said it since then, and I am super careful to not say it, even when I get the urge. I did tell him though that I wanted him to be happy and if he thought the new job would make him happy I'd support him. What else can I say? I do want him to be happy. But the selfish side of me wants him to stay....

Jen - people always assume I am pregnant too - I get carsick really easily adn people always stab at me - oh, maybe your PG....whatever!! Women don't have the right to have a stomach flu! Plus, all the stress you ahve been under, no wonder your body is out ofwhack, poor girl! Ihope you feel better...

WEll, I am off to meetings at 10am until 1:30 - but I have to prepare, so no more writing, must be disciplined!

Thanks for listening girls...

B
  • Wow - so busy here already! It's terrbily hot and humid here and this weather just makes me sleepy. I was doing so well running and exercising, but now I don't have any energy. Hopefully my motivation will return once the humidity breaks a bit. I went to a baseball game last night and had a few too many beers so now I don't feel like working. But it's almost the weekend so I think I'll make it! There is a huge block party this weekend that I am going to on Saturday - it has been called one of the best places to meet your future spouse! Anyone wanna join me?! Oprah even featured it on her show in the past!

Belle - Everything will work out for the best. I know it is hard to have your life up in the air and not be sure of where things are headed, but you have to believe that if you are meant to be together it will all come together somehow. If you love him, tell him. Life is too short to not let people know how you feel.

Stacey - I also cry too easily (WAY too easily!!) so I also could never be on one of those shows. I would be a nervous wreck!

Jen - Sorry to hear that you still don't feel well. Try to drink plenty of fluids and get enough rest to chase that bug out of your system!

Kirsty - Welcome back! The guy I'm dating just got back from a trip to London and Scotland so maybe you crossed paths somewhere along the way!

Kierie - I'd never get anything done if I didn't write it all down - I forget everything!

Kay - Good luck with the move!

Hi to everyone else yet to post!
  • Jen2 - I do love him!! Maybe I will tell him as soon as I get a courageous moment. After all, I could die tomorrow and he wouldn't know I loved him. I am one of those people who tells their loved ones (family and best friend) that I love them all the time, so its hard for me to not tell him.....

I am really off now to those horrid meetings.

thanks for being such great friends/confidants.

And Kirsty - am definately up for meeting! If we dont arrange something big, b/f and I were planning on going to Ireland (I'd go wtih or without him) next year so I can meet you adn Lolly on the way maybe!!!!

B
  • WOW.... my now hubby told me he loved me after only a couple weeks... he claimed love at first site. I feaked and couldn't respond.... but after a month or so I felt the same. I can't imagine waiting a year... I mean I have dated guys that I didn't love and that was OK, but if I love someone or they love me, I want to hear it! I never felt love until hubby, so I knew it was right! GOOD LUCK BELLE...

I still feel pukey. lunch is in less than an hour and I don't know what to do. I feel like crap. I wish there was a miracle pill to take away the yucky feeling.... I hate being sick... and being at work while sick... uggghhhh
  • Just a quickie b/c its a nutty day
    I FEEL THINNER!
    i put on a necklace from last summer itws one of those pearl #s with a circle clasp thingie u can draw the pearls thru last summer i could only pull 1 thru now i can pull 3 or 4 woowoooo
    and i have the formerly tight now baggy jeans on
    gonna go see about renting these crutch things to try em out a and see if i can use them so i can walk in grass/uneven places outside independently b/c theres an archeaology class at ucd
    ooh and BElle darling girl if u get ur cute lil buns to ireland between now and june/july 2002 u better come visit me