View Poll Results: Would you ever be in a "reality" TV show? (Survivor, Big Brother etc)
Yes, I'm a media whore 2 15.38%
No way sireee 7 53.85%
Maybe...(details) 4 30.77%
What is Survivor/Big Brother? 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 01:29 PM   #16  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, ultrasound went great. Baby is growing very well. It is so much fun to see the ultrasounds. Hubby took the picture to work with him to show everyone. He thinks the baby has an evil looking face (don't ask) and that made him laugh. I think it is cute face!

Belle: don't worry...hubby and I dated long distance too. I think if it is a good relationship, long distance is not so bad.

Jen2: the block party sounds fun. It is VERY HOT in Central IL as well. Ahhhh!

Stacey: sorry about the ring thing, but at least now you have a good story to tell. Post pictures!

Kay: It can be stressful when so many people stay with you in a small place. Happy moving.

Jen: sorry to hear you are still sick. I think you should go to the Dr. Can't hurt. Feel better.

Kirsty: YAH on more money!!!!!!!!! Very great! Glad you had a good time in Scoland. Did you make it to the beach?

Kierie: Yah on feeling thinner. You are doing so well.

Well, I said I would be on a reality show. I think Survivor would be FUN. Also, I would love ot be on Fear Factor. What a great show! But, I guess I will never be on one. Oh well.

Well, I guess I should get to work. I have done little today as I spent most of the morning at the DR.

Trish
Old 07-19-2001, 01:55 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Kier - ah, the little things (like your jeans and necklace) that make it all worthwhile.....Its cool, eh? I tried on a suit that someone gave me last year, I couldn't pull the pants past my thighs - well, I can wear those pants now!! I was blown away! Good for you, you are doing so awesome!!

AGH off to another meeting...this one is a lunch one so I ordered the food - sandwiches and fruit - NOT DESSERTS! Its so hard to resist them....
Old 07-19-2001, 02:11 PM   #18  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Not a chance

I have bad self esteem as it is. I don't need the whole world critising me. I couldn't deal at all. Poor Autumn wwho ISN"T fat at all. I would love to be as thin as her...she is only 132- 134 pounds for goodness sake. ANyway....no way, no how will I ever be on a reality show.
Old 07-19-2001, 02:38 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK. I just slept on my office floor for an hour and all I feel is more tired...ARGGGG and sore! Sleeping on the floor rots!

Oh Belle, I forgot that hubby and I were long distance... but not that long.... only 8 months. OK, that is kind of long. We saw each other most weekends. And for 4 months of that we were not engaged. Time will only tell!!!

I forgot that also say that I would be on reality TV, just not Survivor... mostly because I would want to win really bad, but don't want to become as thin and sickly as they do! I LOVE the Real World and Road Rules. That would be cool! And having 10 minutes of fame wouldn't be that bad!
Old 07-19-2001, 03:42 PM   #20  

OK, been up from my office nap for an hour and I may be feeling a little better. I HOPE... Still have a HUGE headache tho. Have I said that I hate being sick. I feel like a BIG baby... bigger than Emma when she wails!

OK, back to work/play on-line!!
Old 07-19-2001, 03:55 PM   #21  
Eve's Mom

Jen - wish I could curl up on the floor, but that would be the very moment someone actually walked by my office (usually just tumble weeds!) and I'd be caught and fired...oh well!!

I just went to get a skim milk Latte with a half a shot of almond syrup - its about 3 points and satisfies my sweet cravings plus I get a coffee boost (yay!). I am such a coffee addict..I mean, I can go without coffee, but I really really like it!!

Anyhoo, must get some work done, only 2.5 more hours to quitting time! Then, only 11 work days until my trip with b/f. WE decided to camp and then spend one night in a nice hotel. Of course, we'll probably drop dead of exhaustion and not enjoy the room but oh well!

B
Old 07-19-2001, 04:11 PM   #22  

I have a door on my office with no window. Plus being management I can get away with things. It was either take a nap or go home for the rest of the day.... the nap suited people better because I am still here. Although I would have prefered to go home. Hubby was jealous tho!

Ughhh... 2 hours left till I go home. Some days last forever!
Old 07-19-2001, 04:40 PM   #23  
Eve's Mom

We must be in the same timezone - maybe you should go home early!? You don't want to get too rundown....

B
Old 07-19-2001, 04:41 PM   #24  

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70's, IF:
1. You wore that rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest and down the other.
2. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with The Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
3. You had that Fisher Price Doctor's kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. After training with these tools you became an expert at the game of "operation".
4. Legos, Legos, Legos
5. You owned a schwin bicycle with a floral banana seat and a basket. In the early 80's you moved onto the ever popular 10 speed. Gosh that seat hurt.
6. Your roller skates had metal wheels.
7. Admit it......you thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
8. You had rubber boots for rainy days. Your shoes actually fit inside of the boots (with a little help from your mom and some plastic bags).
9. You had Sea Wees in your bath tub.
10. You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie" (not to mention the"Dorothy Hamill") because your mom was sick of braiding your hair. How traumatic when people thought you were a boy.
11. Your Holly Hobby sleeping bag was your most prized possession.
12. You wore a "poncho" with your faux fur"muff" and your clogs.
13. You begged Santa for the electronic game...Simon.
14. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.
15. You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.
16. You were into ping pong.
17. You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.
18. You kept losing your mittens so your mom bought you the kind that were attached by a string
19. Your Hello Kitty pencil case was cuter than anyone else's.
20. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffled shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture. You despised Nellie Olson!
21. You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.
22. You tried to make sure that no boys would grab the comb out of your back pocket and skate away at the roller rink.
23. Your hairstyle was described as having"wings".
24. You thought Shaun Cassidy actually wrote the songs"Da Do Run Run" and "Hey There Lonely Girl".
25. Strawberry Shortcake and her friends Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
26. You couldn't wait to be old enough to wear high-heeled shoes....the one's called "Yo Yo's" with the plastic heel with a hole through it!!
27. You carried a Muppets lunch box to school.
28. You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazard was your boyfriend or who would get to be Ginger and who got stuck being Mary Anne.
29. You memorized every song on the "Annie" movie and know at least one person who immediately went out and got the Annie afro. Every now and then "Its A Hard Knock Life" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it all day.
30. You had Star Wars action figures, too.
31. You thought unicorns were real.
32. It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
33. You wanted to be a part of the Von Trapp family.
34. Light as a feather, stiff as a board.
35. You loved The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe so much you got the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for Christmas but never read the other books.
36. You crawled in a wardrobe somewhere and actually believed for a few seconds that you were on your way to Narnia.
37. You completely wore-out your Grease Saturday Night Fever, Footloose and Flashdance soundtrack albums.
38. You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn & popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.
39. Shrinky-dinks! What was so appealing about these? I loved the Raggedy Anne & Andy shrinky dinks. I still remember how the oven smelled when they were "baking".
40. You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker
41. You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Scholastic book orders your teacher would give you. Remember? The order catalogs looked like miniature newspapers.
42. You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. Are you there God? it's me Margaret
43. Care Bears.
44. You thought Olivia Newton John's song"Physical" was about aerobics.
45. "Wiggles" jeans with the embroidery on the back pockets.
46. Friendship pins which you wore on your tennis shoes.
47. Shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs
48. You wore knickers.
49. You collected Smurfs.
50. You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
Old 07-19-2001, 04:43 PM   #25  

Belle... only 1 hour 20 minutes left. Too late to go home early. Plus hubby and I come in together so it would be hard to drag him away too! Oh and yah, Calgary is north of us.. HI *waving north*. Did you get to the Stampede?? Was it fun????
Old 07-19-2001, 04:58 PM   #26  
Eve's Mom

I went to the Rodeo with b/f's family, that was fun, and we drank beer, but I didn't get on the rides or anything else. I also didn't get to go drinking with my co-workers, but not a big loss, I don't know them well anyway...

You should come up one summer when Emma is bigger to take in Stampede!
Old 07-19-2001, 05:09 PM   #27  

Belle, I would love to. I was on the grounds during the off season once to meet with the people we work with, but that is it. I wanted to go to Banff too, but no time. One day we will! Glad you had fun. 50 minutes and counting. I am ready to skidaddle!
Old 07-19-2001, 06:54 PM   #28  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: I loved that list! I remember every single thing on there. I still have a smurf hanging around my room somewhere ... isn't that sad? I found it when going through some old things a few years ago and stuck it on my bureau. And I used to make those Easy Bake oven cakes for my dog's birthday. Those were the days ...

Belle: My b/f waited a year and 2 days to tell me he loved me! I remember because of all days, it was on Election Day. I told him about 5 months and then shut up about it until I heard it from him. AND, we later did the long-distance thing for two years. But we're going on 5 years now, although I'm still waiting for that ring.

Well, I have a story to write. I got delayed because the smoke alarms went off in our pressroom and our building was evacuated for an hour while firefighters figured out if there was a fire. There wasn't.

p/s Kirsty: I'd be up for a meeting next year!
Closed Thread