Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #1  
wannaloose

Cool New today, hello everyone!!!

Hi my name is Ileana.
I did WW back on 2003 for a few weeks and didn't do it again until now, that I started back on it about 2 1/2weeks ago. I didn't know much about it back in 03 and now I am reading more and started to really like it. I have lost 10 pounds wich is great. Just need to prevent getting off the wagon again. One thing that I will like some advise if possible is, what would be the latest to eat food at night? Also, does it matters if you work out late? Sometimes when I work out until late at the gym lets say I left there at 9:00pm I feel soooo hungry I want to eat an elephant. I have been just counting point but I feel bad eating so late. (Just can't helped, I need to eat!!!)
That is what is killing me!!!
I had 29 points yesterday and worked 26 points with excersise but I am not sure if that is right or wrong. After adding everything, taking out the activity points, I ate 3 point for the day and that doesn't sound right.
Is way under my minimum points wich is 26 to 31.
Please help!!! I am still a little lost with the weight watchers thing.
I don't go to the meetings I am just doing it on my own and using everything I had from 2003.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:23 AM   #2  

You can only earn 4 points a day from excercise (about an hour of working out). In order for you to have earned 26 activity points you would have had to work out for about 13 hours. I do not think you are counting them correctly. My advice, and it has worked for me in the past, is to excercise, but do not gain points for it. Make sure you eat all of your 35 flex points throughout the week and vary the amount of points you eat each day (never going below your target points). I hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #3  
Halley

Congratulations on a new start and 10 pound loss, beberoo! I totally agree with UFSeniorGirl on not using the activity points. The reason I agree with this is because it's so easy to overrate the intensity level of a workout. So for accuracy's sake, I personally just stick to using the Flex Points and don't bother with the AT points.

Regarding the late workout, I've read several articles that say working out at night is perfectly fine. In fact, just yesterday I read a bit in Prevention magazine that said late workouts are not only fine, but help you get a better night's sleep.

I myself am a late eater and I do my strength training at night. There isn't enough hours in the day - lol! In the past, I've done a little research on the late night eating thing and found out that many personal trainers and doctors feel time of day eating makes little difference. Many feel it's the total number of calories you consume in a day, not when you eat them, that matters.
Yes, there are those who disagree with this theory. But, if you are losing, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #4  
wannaloose

Smile

Hello again!!!
I was looking into it with a friend of mine that does WW on line and actually depends on the body weight. In a person that weights aprox 240 pounds,
1 hr workout is 12 points in high intensity. When is less weight the number of activity points is less.
That was why I was so confused. I appreciated and I learn something new today.
But from now on I will not even count those activity points just the ones I eat.
Thanks again girls!!!
Closed Thread