Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab 40's and Fit 50's #178

Hi
Had to work late on Tuesday, so I won't be weighing in until Saturday morning.
Hope everyone is well...stop in and say hi!
~Jen
Old 01-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #2  

Smile 50 + and back to WW

Lost 2 lbs this week so far Can't wait till Mon to see what I actually lost this week. Having WW buddy spend the weekend with me and we are going to cook "good" stuff and bag it up for lunches and dinners. I am really ready to get this done this year.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #3  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Welcome to our group Jellybean. Congrats on your 2 lb. loss. It's nice when you plan ahead & cook for a few days. Have fun with your buddy.

Jen, I hope the rest of the girls come back. I ran into someone I haven't seen in awhile & I noticed she looked thin. I told her she looked great & she said she lost 22 lbs. on WW. I have to get back to meetings.

Just stopped in to say hi. Be back this weekend.

Love,
Es
Old 01-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #4  

Dee,
It was good seeing another Steeler Fan. I got my stadium blanket, Terrible towels from the 70's and 2000's. I don't know if I want Sunday to come yet. I hope I don't have a heart attack like the guy they profiled on Inside the NFL. He was in a bar in Pitts and when Bettis fumbled the ball he had a heart attack. Literally. It's crazy.
Here we go Steelers... Here we go!!!!!!

Jellybean,
Welcome and Congrats! Great plan. YES! This is the year!

Jen,
HI!!!! Good luck Sat.

My 2 boys want to lose a little weight. Brandon is 6'0 tall and wants to lose about 20 pounds and Bradley is about 5'5 and needs to lose about 20 pounds also. I started keeping track of their points. They weighed in last week and Brandon lost 5.5 and Bradley lost 2.5. They were so excited. They eat very healthy foods and they love it. They can't get over the snacks they can eat. They love baked chips, flavored rice cakes, pretzels and I let them have rice krispie treats and any treat that is 3 or less points per serving. I fix egg white omelets, egg Mcmuffins WW style with Bruce's new egg maker etc...
It is so much easier staying on program while they are doing it too. 4 of us in 1 family.

Luv you guys,
Terri
Old 01-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Having the guys on program is SO AWESOME! What fun it must be...there's no doubt you'll all be successful.
How old are they (again?) I cannot even believe Brandon is 6 feet tall! My Joey ended up at 6'2" and we don't know where he got that from.
It's so great that they really want to follow it, and they're learning healthy habits at the same time. I cannot believe how much junk is on the market facing the kids everywhere they go.
You must be proud...and rightfully so. Congrats to them on their losses

hugs,
~Jen
Old 01-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #6  

Thanks so much Jen. Brandon is 14 (15 in April) and Bradley is 12 (13 in March). His shoe size is 10. Bruce's is 9.
Gotta go watch My name is Earl. The boys love it.
It is much easier with them and the snacks are lasting.
Terri

Last edited by points; 01-20-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I keep on forgetting to post this photo of the boys with Santa, taken last month.
The Santa at their mall is the best! Wears his own clothes...very authentic looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boys with Santa 2005.jpg (31.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning my buds:

Jen - The boys are soooooo good looking, but I can't get over how big they are - especially Matthew, since I remember when you were saying he was like 4 months old Time is going by tooooo fast. Sounds like the wedding plans are going full on now - it will be here before you know it. Pale pink and champagne - will be beautiful, love that combination. Cool on the "Martha Stewart" friend - everyone should have one of those, lol.

Terri - How great that the boys are learning such good eating habits and on their losses, so cool. I wouldn't know the Steelers from the Borrowers, but hope they win too, lololol.

Jellybeen - ! on your 2 lbs loss, great job!

Es, Amiga - How are you doing? Are you still getting pt for your back problem. Hope you're feeling a lot better. How has it been having David back home. He's already been back more than a week right? Are you spoiling him?

Ruthie - on your fantastic loss - great job! One day at a time, is right.

Hi Sandy, how are you doing?

Hi ZoeGirl (come out, come out, wherever you are ).

Well, I lost 1 lb. this week, but I'll take it and I won't even say "ONLY", lol. Alana bought an exercise tape, which is from the show "The Biggest Losers". We've been doing it since last Monday - it has various routines, from "light to intense", well.......let me tell you, the "light" routine was pretty "intense" to us, lol. We were sweating our butts off. Alana almost fainted after doing 57 jumping jacks! I wasn't crazy, there was no way I was doing even 7 jumping jacks my first time doing the tape - that's crazy Yo, lololol! Anyway, we'll see this Monday if it did some good, weight wise. What I really like about it is the exercise is done by the people who were on the show, so its not a bunch of skinny, toned people - its real people with real weight problems. Alana and I used to watch the show, so we know the people on it.

Whoops, I gotta run. I'm only here until 3:00 today - have to rush home and get ready for church. Alana and I are being baptized tonight and the whole family is coming to the ceremony. Afterwards, Lisa is having a little coffee/dessert celebration.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 01-20-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I just finished my treadmill. Had a lunch of homemade chicken and wildrice soup YUM and about to finish my water. I'll probably get extra water in today.

Company coming tonight so have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. I'm pooped but the house is looking good. Got to finish the vaccum before granddaughter wakes up. Oops.....too late.

Later -
Old 01-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #10  

Jen,
The boys are so big and cute. I used to dress my 2 boys alike once in awhile. I miss that. Give them a hug from me.

Dianne,
I would pee myself if I did 7 jumping jacks.
I can imagine how hard the Biggest Loser would be. They lose some serious high amounts of weight in a week on that show. I love the befores and afters but it seems like a lot really fast. Be careful. That is good that you 2 are doing it together.

Steelers and Borrowers. Too funny!!!!!!

Jellybean,
Have fun with your company. Hope the baby wasn't grumpy. Housework is a good workout.

Well gotta go pick up the boys.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Jellybeen,
Welcome! Good going on the exercise. Keep it up! How old is your grandaughter?

Diane,
Congrats on the loss!
How wonderful that you're being baptized; have you joined a new church/religion, or is it something that you've been working on? My best wishes to you and Alana.
Jumping jacks? I don't think I've even done one since high school! And that was to a record called, "Go, You Chicken Fat, Go!"

Terri,
I'll be rooting for the Steelers this weekend. Good luck!!!!

TGIF!!!! It's been a long, stressful week, and I'm soooo glad to sit back and relax. Joe is at his yearly fishing expo show with Joey and my brother, Tim...so I can just veg tonight. We're having a rain/snow/sleet storm with anywhere from 2 to 6 inches of snow expected, depending on who you listen to

Hi to Es, Sandy, Ruthie, LJ....

~Jen
Old 01-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #12  

Jen,
OOH! Relax and enjoy the coziness. I used to love when it snowed and I had nowhere to go. Got a good book?
I am reading 2 at the moment. I am reading Anita Shreve's All He Ever Wanted. I am also reading "Skinny Bit**" by Kim Barnouin, Rory Freedman.
I wasn't sure if I could write the whole title. It is a tough love approach to dieting. They tell it like it is. There are mixed reviews on this book but I am going to try it. Here is one review:

The only people who won't like reading this book are the people who are TOO sensitive to belief the truth. They are the people who hate skinny bitc*es. Everyone complains about their weight but does nothing about it, this book calls for action. The tips are great, the information is beneficial, and I feel like a better person for reading it. I want to be a skinny bitc* . . . who doesn't?

Brittany took it to work and I will start it tonight.

Have a great weekend.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 01-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

We ended up getting about 6 inches of a wet, beautiful snow. Every branch and twig is coated. It was a beautiful morning when the sun came out. About 15 miles north of us got 11 inches!!! We've had a mild winter so far, so can't complain. It will be gone fairly soon, with sunny days in the upper 30's ahead of us.
I got up early and stitched for a while on the wedding piece I'm making for Ili and Joey.

Terri,
that book sounds interesting. Tells it like it is, huh? That's what I need! Currently I'm reading the new paperback by Patricial Cornwall, forgot it's name..as well as the new Beatles biography I received for Christmas from Joe.

HI to everyone
~Jen
Old 01-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #14  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Hi Girls

I'm so happy to see all these posts.

Jen, I love the snow. Enjoy it. Spring will be here before you know it. The boys are so cute. They look so much alike. Hope you're getting some R & R.

Jellybean, hope you had a nice time yesterday. You had friends over? I haven't made homemade chicken soup in so long. It's so good & healthy.

Dianne, I got baptized in 1986. My whole family got baptized. We went to Sunken Meadow. It's a beautiful thing. My back still hurts. I go for PT 3x a week. I have to cool it with the pain meds. I depend on them too much. It's nice having Dave here. You know us mom's, we spoil our kids, no matter how old they are.

Terri, I want to read the Star Jones book. The one from The View. It's called Shine. Your family is so cute. It must be so nice doing WW with the family. Say hi to Britt.

I'm tired. Going to watch the Lifetime channel. Have a good night my friends.

Hugs, Es

Last edited by Rios426; 07-09-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Whoo hoo GO STEELERS!
Hope you had fun, Terri!
Closed Thread