Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #16  

Jen,
WE HAD A BLAST! We were dancing.
Bradley and I had on our Bettis and Roethlisberger jerseys and went to the store and there were like 5 other people in there with jerseys (Polamalu, 2 Wards, Bettis and Porter). I mean it is a little store here in northern Alabama. 20 customers total and 7 of us had Steeler jerseys on. John Stallworth ( Hall of Famer that played with the Steelers in the 70's when they won 4 Super Bowls) lives here in Madison, Al. He grew up here and went to college at Alabama A & M. Brittany and I met him at Publix (grocery store) last year. We got his autograph. So exciting.

Enjoy the snow.

Es,
Let me know how the book is. Let me know if she says how she lost her weight. Take care of your back.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luv ya guys,
Terri
Old 01-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Forgot to post that I had a 1 pound gain at weigh in, but totally deserved it and pretty much saw it coming. Went out today and stocked the frig with veggies ( which I was neglecting ) and have been drinking lots of water today. I'm also resuming journalling. It's amazing how the simple parts of the program will all come into play if you neglect them!

Terri,
That is so cool.....should I even say that we all had our Urlacher jerseys on the day we lost? I hope you have a fantastic time watching your guys win the Super Bowl!!! I'm soooo glad that Carolina lost and am rooting for the Steelers all the way.

HI to everyone
~Jen
Old 01-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #18  

Hey girls,

Sorry, I haven't been hiding, just never seem to stop long enough to get back on the computer. So, I bought a can of soup to work, ate lunch here and have a few extra minutes to kill before I go back to work. Well I forgot to weigh on Monday, so I'll wait til next Monday to report! I need to stock up on the veggies again, because I haven't been doing so good the last couple of days. Maybe that is why I forgot to weigh!! LOL

TERRI, how great to have the boys following WW with you. I can see how that would make following this so much easier. How is the book? Sounds like a book I'd like to read.

JEN, it is good seeing the Steelers doing so well. I remember the glory days, was that in the 70's!!! Terry Bradshaw was the quarterback in those days, he grew up in Shreveport, LA. His family go to the same church I use to attend. Oh, I also live right off of the Terry Bradshaw Passway.

I know you mentioned a wedding, but I never thought about your son and Iliana. How long have they been together now?

Oops, time to go back to work. Take care and I'll make a better effort at staying in touch!

Ruth

Hi Es, Diane, and welcome jellybeans.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #19  

Hi buddies

I have been finding a lot of ways to keep busy lately, but I haven't been visiting with my friends here and that leaves a real gap, I missed you all the past couple of weeks.

I joined 2 task forces at my church, one is to provide better child care for young parents so they can participate more easily, and the other is for building membership through being more supportive to newcomers and helping them to get to know the church.
I started to help with the costume prep again at the high school for the musical. Greg has graduated, but I really enjoy the team effort and Greg's girl friend is still there as a senior this year.
I signed up at the local community college to start studying web design. I am hoping to update my computer skills so that I can go back to work full time. Mike is still job hunting, but nothing yet, except for a call from a headhunter yesterday who was encouraging.

Greg had a really good first term at college, he earned a 3.5!
Dave is keeping busy nights taking Improv classes and sketch writing. Weekends he is mostly with his girlfriend, Kelly, so we barely see him.

Jen, I am really excited to hear about the plans for the wedding, keep us posted. By the way I ordered lots of seeds at a discount for this coming spring, I can hardly wait. If you want to know the details, I would be glad to share the specifics.
Terri, Now that the Pats are out of it for this year, I will help you cheer for the Steelers too But don't tell Mike.
Es, Sweetie, I hope your back improves soon, I have had lots of trouble with back pain so I really empathize. PT can work wonders, but it takes some time and lots of work doing the exercises they prescribe.

Hi Diane, Ruth, and welcome Jellybeen.

Luv Ya's

Last edited by Sandancy; 01-27-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #20  

Jen,
You'll get that off plus some. Thanks for cheering the Steelers on. Getting nervous. I will enjoy the 2 weeks prior with all the hype. I am wearing the AFC champions going to the Superbowl shirt my sister bought me. She went to the mall the next day and bought me one. She said that when she went into the Steeler store the salesgirl just pointed and she got the 2 of the last 4.

Sandy,
Sounds like your boys are doing great. Good luck with everything.
I understand about Mike not liking the Steelers. I am always for the AFC too unless I really like the other team like the Bears.

Ruth,
Hi. The boys are doing great. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Britts has it. I will have to sneak it tonight. That is me that loves the Steelers. That is so cool about Terry Bradshaw. I loved the 70 Steelers. Glory Days is right.

Have a great weekend guys.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 01-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
Played hookey today and the day really flew by much too quickly! Got some organizing done, some laundry, etc....it never ends.

Jess came over to clean, and brought the boys with her, as they had the day off of school. We had previously made arrangements for them to spend the weekend with us, so it worked out perfectly. They're here now, playing a board game with Joe while dinner cooks. We'll have them till Sunday afternoon, then drive out to Jess's and meet them at a favorite pizza pub to have dinner and turn over the boys It's been a while since Joe and I had them to ourselves, and we're having a great visit.

Ruth,
Joey and Iliana have been together for almost 3 years now. They became engaged last May, will be married on May 28, 2006...just 17 weeks to go! The wedding will be in a neighboring town at a historic estate, guest list of 120. Matt is ring bearer, Brandon is an usher. Weather permitting the ceremony will be outdoors in a gazebo.

I have begun the search for my outfit. Am leaning towards the "carwash" pants, kind of glitzy outfits..with a cami top and jacket, but who knows, may find a great dress. I am NOT a sequin/sparkle type of person, so it's difficult to know what I want. I will know when I try them all on Next Saturday I'm going shopping with a friend; will also make trips with Jess and my SIL, Caroline. I trust their honest opinions and taste. Will I be able to shop off the rack and avoid plus sizes? No but at least I can look at 20's instead of 26's!!! And...if need be, I can always have anything I purchase now taken in.

Terri,
I'm going to miss football this weekend! Next week will be a blast, can't wait! Will you watch the Superbowl at home? We usually have a mini party...the only bad thing is that it's so late, and there's work the next day.

Sandy,
You are so involved with your church, that's inspiring. Can't keep away from the school theatre, huh? I'm sure they will miss you as their seamstress when you eventually decide to stop. Good luck to Mike, something will come up. The guys sound like they're doing great. I felt a twinge of jealousy when I read that you're taking a class. I think it's time for me to do so also...I love taking classes and it's been a while.
Let me know what you're planting! I love to know what others are doing. Our plans have been simplified to a veggie garden and some annuals. Growing the veggies for just the 2 of us means we can cut down a lot, and still give away tomatoes to "gardenless" friends and neighbors. The perennials are our focus for the next few years. Will we ever get it right and be satisfied? I think not!

Es,
How is your back and are you doing ok without the pain meds? I've been thinking of you often. I imagine you're loving having David at home ! I still think our kids were gone far too early. Let us know how you're doing.

Am writing a book here! HI Dianne, LJ, jellybeen, and anyone else who's here.
Have a fantastic weekend!

~Jen
Old 01-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #22  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

My back is a tiny bit better. I made my appt for the MRI, 2/13, Pete's birthday. The PT helps. Still taking pain meds

Jen, I hope you find your outfit soon. Time is going by too fast. I never heard of carwash pants. Have fun with the boys. Having Dave here is nice. I think he'll be staying with us for quite awhile. Renting is sky high right now. He'll probably have to find a PT job.

Sandy, you're one busy little bee. High 5 to Greg for doing so well. How long has Dave been with Kelly?

Ruth, glad to hear from you. Are you on Flex or Core? I'm going to try Core for 1 week.

Terri, how are the boys doing with WW? Hi Brittany.

Hi Amiga. Stop by & let us know how you're doing. I miss you.

Today we're going to the chinese buffet then later on we're going to visit Pete's brother. He moved up the block. He didn't like Florida. His wife is 20 yrs. older than him. Her son's(2) are his age! They've been together 25 yrs. I feel bad cause he'll never have kids of his own. I have mixed emotions about their relationship but then again it's none of my business.

Have a great weekend guys.

Luv u's,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-28-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 PM   #23  

Jen,
Getting nervous Jen. I have been watching all the hype. FUN!!!!!
We will watch it at home for sure. We have a mini party too. I fix ww friendly foods and ones not so friendly. We were going to have a few Steeler fan friends over. We'll see.
I can't wait til you get your outfit. I want to see a family portrait and then a close up one of Matthew and Brandon. You must be so excited.

Es,
The boys are doing so well. Brandon has lost 13.6 lbs. since Jan. 7.
Bradley lost 8. They are determined. They look it too. Brandon was starting to look like he had a beer gut and now he's almost flat. They are so excited. They get a CD when they get their 10%. They have it picked out already. Britt says hi back.

Gotta go. Watching the NFL Network and the Steelers press conference.
The Steelers are taking the "BUS" home.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-31-2006, 08:07 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Your guys are doing so well! Give them each a High Five for me
Sunday will be fun...you will have a blast! My SIL is rooting for Seattle; we're not sure if they'll be here, since it's such a late night on a school night...but if they are, we'll have fun razzing each other.

Apparently your boys are losing the weight that I'm not.. wah wah wah. Ok, enough of that. Have only myself to blame. It's time to re-commit and see it through. I have come too far this time to backslide!

We had a good time with the boys....I cooked all weekend, it seems! Hours of playing board games, which they both love...some shopping for them...the weekend went by fast.

How is everyone else? It's quiet in here! Es, hope your back is better each day. Sandy, did you start your class yet? Dianne and Ruth, Hi!

Weigh in tonight... for a SMALL gain!
~Jen
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #25  

Hi Buddies

We brought Greg back to school yesterday. It is a 90 mile trip each way, so it is not too bad. We left here at 12:30, got to the school by 2:15, stopped for pizza for lunch, helped Greg to lug everything up to the dorm, and we left for home. We were back home by 5 PM.
Greg and Sara will really miss each other, but they are both smart kids and I think they have a handle on how important school is for their futures.
Terri, That is so terrific that your whole family is working on WW and eating healthy together. Your boys are so motivated We are going to a Superbowl party too, and the host is a Steelers fan. Mike is only rooting for Seattle because I guess it is their first time.
Es, Dave started seeing Kelly early in the fall, probably October. They are both 24, and it seems as if they got serious pretty quickly. He is trying to find a better job within Lahey Medical. Right now he really can't afford to move out. I am really hopeful for him.
Jen, I started my class last week. It is twice a week on Tues and Thurs. Quite a mix of ages from 19 to 69. The room is a lab where we each have a computer to use, and we are rapidly picking up on web page design.
I will really enjoy it, but it is a long time since someone told me that class attendance counts for my grade
My brother came over last night to install some new software on our computers. He is a really gung-ho engineer and is really up on the latest technology. He has been recommmending that Mike and I learn some of the newest Web programming languages so that we can get back into the job market. I agree with my brother that we need to keep up with the changes, and I am sorry to say that Mike and I had kind of a blowout after he left. I think that since Mike was so valued for 20 years in the same place, he still was expecting that a new job would just appear. I really need some advice on how to help Mike move forward. He spends hours everyday just playing computer games and his severance will run out soon.
In the meantime my WW efforts are lagging, but I hope to have a better week starting today.

Luv ya's all,
Hi Dianne, Ruth and all our MIA's
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #26  

Jen,
I'm so glad you had a good time. Those boys sound so cute. You are so fortunate to have them close. Have fun at your get together Sunday.
I am getting nervous. Think if it were the Bears and the Steelers.

Sandy,
There are a lot of people that say they are for the Seahawks because Pittsburgh already has 4 Super Bowls (last one in 1980) but the funny thing is only 1 player on the entire Steeler team has ever been to a Super Bowl. Seahawk's coach has won one and lost one with another team and Cower has lost one (1996) with the Steelers. I think the 4 Super Bowl wins kind of hangs over this young team. I know what they mean though because the fans got to experience it before. At least the fans that are older than about 35.
I hope Mike finds something soon.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #27  

Hello ladies,

Just stop by to say hi to everyone. I'm still attempting to be good, but the weight is not budging!!

Well, the weekend is almost here, I hope everyone enjoys the Super Bowl.

Talk to you later.
Ruth
Old 02-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Talking

Terri,
GO STEELERS !!!!! Hope you have a great time watching the game! It will be fun.

I found a dress! Went to a very nice boutique-type store that specializes in formal/special occasion clothing. A friend at work recommended the shop. I asked her and my sister-in-law to accompany me, as I value their taste and opinions...they tell it like it is and have a good eye for fashion. I tried on a couple, and when I put it on I knew it was the one. It's a long sleeveless crepe dress with sheer jacket, "bling" edging on the jacket. It's what we all called a "jenny" dress, just my taste, not too ruffly or "frou frou"...but very dressy and pretty. The weirdest part of this all is that it's purple....came only in black or purple, and of course black is out of the question. I also found shoes, which I was worried about because of my foot problems, can't wear heels. They're flat sandals, very delicate and strappy, with a few rhinestones to make them perfect when they peek out from under the dress. They're so comfortable, like walking barefoot.
So, I'm doing the happy dance today!

We had dinner at Iliana's home in the city yesterday (she lives with her Mom) and had a great time. Joey is turning into a very good cook, and she prefers clean-up so it's a good match

HI to all...enjoy your Sunday,
luv,
~Jen
Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #29  

Hello everyone,

Well, Maurice and I actually watched the game. He isn't big into sports, but I wanted to watch it. I was rooting for the Steelers and I'm glad they won by more than 7 points, because that one touch down sure was questionable.

Did everyone have a good weekend? I've begun letting my grandchildren spend the night. Some of them have actually lived with me off and on and well my relationship with my older daughter is strained and I haven't been spending much time with her or her children since her oldest decided to move to Baton Rouge with his father last year. So now that none of them are living with me, I've decided to dedicate Friday night to having over one grandchild to spend the night. This Friday four year old Dylan, spent the night with us. He is a wholly terror around his parents but while at my house he was good as gold. I think we will have 3 year old Brittany over this coming Friday. She has never spent the night away from home, so we will just have to see how it goes!

It's getting late and I'm tired. I spent the day trying to straighten up my "junk" room. It actually is my computer/workout room, but since we have moved, it has been the room that everything that I own and didn't have a place for ended up. I think by next weekend I will be able to actually work out in here. I've neatly piled most of the junk into the closet, which has left the room clear of most of the clutter. I still have pictures to put on the wall and to rearrange the treadmill and home gym. Then I'll be ready for action.

Well, I'm tired and rambling, so I'm off to bed.

Talk to you ladies later.

Goodnite,
Ruth
Old 02-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #30  

Let me get this off my chest!

WE WON!!!!! We are the World Champs!!

Jen,
The dress sounds lovely. You must send a picture. I am so glad you like it.

Ruth,
I know what you mean about that touchdown (I was unsure but hey I'll keep it.) but I have been watching ESPN and the NFL network and they all studied that TD over and over and they are convinced it was so I feel better now. They said all kind of rules about the white goal line (Not sure what it all meant) but I am now convinced it was a TD. That trick play was so beautiful and that run by our running back, Willy Parker, was also sweet! My kids were so excited. They have never seen them win a Superbowl.
That is geat that you keep your grandchildren 1 at a time. My grandma did that with us. I loved it.

I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv Ya,
Terri
Closed Thread