Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:37 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous Forties #63

Hi everyone,

Myra, great loss!!! You're doing a wonderful job.

Essie, good for you, OP all the way!

While some days can be challenging, I feel good. Still in search of a string of good solid OP days. Time to buckle down. Myra, Essie and Terri, you're being a great example for me, thanks!

We're enjoying absolutely gorgeous weather here this week. Sunny and low 80's. The boys arrived here yesterday, they'll be here till Saturday. My niece and her tribe will be here tomorrow night for a sleep over. She lives almost an hour away, we try to do this a couple times a year, and I always look forward to it.

Hope everyone is well......Patti, Dianne, Joyce

~Jen
Old 07-12-2001, 12:26 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

Hello my buddies

I'm back and glad to be home. Missed you guys - very hard to be away from a computer and cyber buddies for more than a few days,

Florida was great! The home we rented was supposed to have 5 bedrooms, but actually had 6, which really came in handy, since at one point 4 grandchildren wanted to sleep over even though they had their own place. In addition, my son and his wife came over for a couple of days - they live in Pembroke Pines. The house was absolutely gorgeous! A few times we all got together and there were 10 adults and 12 children in one house - mine!!! So, Terri and Jen, I DO know what its like to treasure peace and quiet (now that we are back home). But we loved having them even though it was a madhouse at times

We were supposed to come back Tuesday night, but the flight we were taking was stuck on the runway in NY and wasn't expected to come in to Florida until about 4 hrs. later, which means we would have gotten back to NY about 2 or 3 in the morning so the airline gave us a "distressed" passenger voucher for a hotel - we had a suite and only paid $55 for the five of us. We were then put on the 7:00 a.m. flight yesterday and it was fine, nice and quiet, practically empty.

So, I'm glad to be home and back with you guys. I've tried reading the posts, but sooooooooooo many, lol. Anyway, congrats to everyone who lost (Myra, Joyce, I believe) and to those back on program (Terri, Essie and Jen) and hello to everyone else. And Essie - us cooking and Jen and Terri washing and drying sounds good to me! And Myra, you would love our platanos, lol. But I want to be in the "walking" club too, cause after our spanish cooking, we would all need to walk

Well, guys hubby and I are still on vacation (til next Tuesday) so we are gonna go out to the city and just "chill" as my kids say. Have a great day everyone! Talk to you later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 07-12-2001, 01:04 PM   #3  

WOW!!!! #63 already!!!!!
Jen,
ENJOY!!!!! That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could get with family easier than I can. You are very lucky. Kiss those grandbabies for me.
You are also an inspiration just by hearing about your life. What a family. Everything is secondary to family. You are doing great.

WELCOME HOME Dianne!! I am so glad you had fun. That sounded like a loud and great time.
I can't imagine (never having been to N.Y.) chilling in the city. I hope you have fun.
That foods sound so wonderful. Maybe when our lives aren't so busy we could all get together and meet and visit and have one of these dinners. When that would be I do not know.

I have decided to do WW on-line. I am so motivated right now that I want the 24/7 fix. I stopped the meetings for now until they have their ww center open. We are supposed to get a new one. I do not like our leader at the church. The facilities are horrible. They keep switching us from place to place in the church and it is overcrowded to the point where we have to sit on the floors at times. I am not about to sit in a chair while an older lady or physically challenged lady has to try to stand or attempt to take the floor. I always give up my seat. I always pray the older ones leave when we are in this certain room, but they don't. So I will see how it goes.

Hi to Essie, Myra.

Patti and Joyce- Come out, come out, wherever you are.

Terri
8 days op and counting.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:49 PM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I wish they had a center near me. The closest one is over a half an hour away. I am spoiled now with the meeting right down the road, but even where I used to go was no more than a 15 minute ride. But there is so little choice with these one meeting places. Either you rework your whole schedule around WW or you miss meetings. What I would give for the flexibility that a center brings with it.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:43 PM   #5  

I know. I hope we get it soon.
I love all the different hours they provide. Huntsville has one and they have meetings twice a week with a number of different leaders.
Terri
Old 07-13-2001, 07:52 AM   #6  

TGIF

How are all my buddies this lovely Friday? The weather is perfect!

Welcome home Dianne. Sounds like a really nice place you rented. I talk to my son everyday & when I call him I ask him
" What's up?" His answer is "just chillin". Glad you're back

Myra, great loss!! I'm happy for you. I know there was a while there you were struggling a bit. You're motivating me - BIG TIME!

Jen, ahhhhhh grandbabies - can't wait! Have a great time with your niece & her tribe

Terri, I'm starting the Wendies Plan today. I was just over at her site & there have been quite a bit of successes.

Joyce, where are you?

Have a great day everybody
Old 07-13-2001, 08:37 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

A while? Past few years! These were the most stressful years of my life and stress plus WW does not always add up to success. But now I am working to get that stress under control and so far it has been working. I only hope I can keep it up. Its been too long since I've been trying to get back to goal.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:13 PM   #8  

I know. It is a lifelong struggle. I finally stopped saying "When will this end?" I know the answer now. NEVER! I am the only one that can control it. I have finally learned that I need to be the boss not that blasted food.

Good luck Essie. You can do this.

Well, I went on my "date" with Brandon. He invited his daddy. How could Bruce refuse? Here is how he asked him:
"Daddy, mommy and I are going on a date to Applebees for lunch do you want to catch up with us?" Bruce put his head down and smiled and said "I will clear my calendar for you and mommy."
So I had lunch with 2 of my guys. It was so nice.
I had the house salad with light dressing and the steamed vegies and a piece of garlic bread. Did pretty good. I went on dottis site and printed out Applebees points and an applebee hamburger alone has 31 points.

TTYL,
Have a great Friday the 13th.
Terri
9 days op and counting.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:36 PM   #9  

Red face

Terri - Oh my God, 31 points for a hamburger!!!!!!!! Glad I don't eat hamburgers, Sounds like your date with your men was lots of fun, soooooooo cute!

Hubby and I "chilled" in the city today, it was fun. I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so we're trying to pack things in for a the next couple of days!

Jen - How are you? haven't "seen" you since I've come back. Those grandchildren must be keeping you real busy. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Hi Essie, Myra, Joyce, Patti/Zoe (how are you girl?) and Anita (is Anita ever coming back???????? Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 07-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #10  

Talking

Dianne, enjoy your days off. They go by very fast.

Terri, imagine people that really don't care how they eat & eat A COUPLE of burgers!! What a nice day you had, spending it with Brandon & Bruce. You do so well when you eat out.

Now that Dianne mentioned Zoe & Anita. Where are you guys? Hope everything is okay.

Myra, sounds like you are back on the right track. It's hard but
we can do it. Thank God for on-line support.

Hi Jen, Zoe & Anita

Be back later!

Hugs

Last edited by livingfit426; 07-14-2001 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2001, 12:48 PM   #11  

Thanks Dianne and Essie. It was so nice. Now I have to have a "date" with Bradley. Can't leave him out. He is my precious 8 yr. old. He wants to go to the Italian Buffet. I love this 1 on 1 stuff. Britts and I are always 1 on 1 so she doesn't get a "date".
I know I will go eat with her by ourselves by the end of the weekend.
I am so glad you and hubby had a great time in the city.

I lost 4.5 this week. Exactly what I gained on vacation. So onward and downward. YEAH!!!

I hope Anita, Joyce and Patti are ok.

Terri
9 days op and counting.
Old 07-14-2001, 12:54 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

Wow Terri! I don't know how you do it, but keep it up! You will be at goal in no time.
Old 07-14-2001, 01:01 PM   #13  

Thanks Myra. I am really not sure but I hope I keep it up.
Health is a big factor this time. My age helps too.

I forgot to mention that Bruce lost 4# and Brandon lost 4.5#. He wants to lose his tummy. He needs to lose about 10#. He was so proud.
Terri

Last edited by points; 07-14-2001 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2001, 05:31 PM   #14  

Angry

Terri, way to go, girl 4.5 is awesome! How many kids do you have? I forgot

Myra, you're not doing so bad. How's the stress factor? Better?

I just got home from the vet. Susie's annual exam. I had to go by myself cause Pete had to work overtime. I had a 3:45 appt. They called at 2:00 to ask me if I could come in earlier. I got there at 2:45. The waiting room was packed. I didn't get out till 4:30 The receptionist apologized & thanked me for my patience. If she only knew what I was thinking! Anyway, don't have to worry about it till next year.

Have a great evening
Old 07-14-2001, 05:50 PM   #15  
Lifetimer

Yes, I've finally been doing better the last few weeks after struggling for the past few years. Hopefully I can keep this up.
Closed Thread