Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 09:12 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Red face Thursday Daily

Morning Girls I am Exhausted from yesterday
I had a bizarre Scooter incident that i have to call he manufacturer about and see if its defective and B1tch some ppl out
Anyway I was thinking we should have a Challenge
I want to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day Sept 3 for the Non-americans To see if i can remotivate my Sorry Buns b/c the exercise has been good but the eating has well its not pretty

Altho Allegedly I am yesterday i ran into a woman who i havent seen since i was maybe 11 and she kept looking at me to see who I was and I said hi and i remembererd her name
she told me how good i looked like 5 times and then said she'd tell her son who i went to school with that she'd seen me and how good I looked

this ofcourse was an almost no makeup day
Lol
anyway comeout and Play!
Old 07-12-2001, 09:46 AM   #2  

Hi Girls! I have almost cought up from my week of debauchery and horrible eating...but yesterday i went over by about four points...oh well...I'll catch up today...but there is a wedding this weekend...luckily i will be with other WWers to keep me in line! The alcohol is killer though.....
My wedding dress is in...I'm going to pick it up next week-whoo Hoo!!Nothing else is new-back to work for me-Lori
Old 07-12-2001, 09:57 AM   #3  
Go Avalanche!!

Default I am alive but.......

I'm about to have a nervous breakdown b/c of this whole house thing! We are not going for the house on the lake but a different one. I have tons of crap to tell you guys but I need to read the last 3 days worth of threads. Type atcha soon

*hugs*
Old 07-12-2001, 10:05 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello All.

Well, I freaked out last night due to some strange discharge (TMI??) anyway, I went to the emergency room and ended up spending 6 hours there. All is fine (they said it is normal stuff) and I am sure I now have the "FREAK" sticker on my file. Oh well, I felt it was better safe than sorry. The Dr.s were all very nice. Boy, next time I am going to let me hubby be the pregnant one and I am going to be the one who just stands by on teh sideline!!!

Lori: How exciting, your dress is in. Remind me on what it looks like again. glad you are feeling better.

KO: sorry about the scooter issue. Don't you hate it when things don't work the way the should! With all the exercise and PT you have been doing, I bet you gained muscle as well. I wish I coudl join you on your Challenge. I think I will have a modified one to eat only my points (35-40) until Labor Day. Hope that works.

Tonya: You are right, some of those British men are so cute!

Jen: I have a stainless fridge right now. When mine died a few months ago, that is what we got to replace it. I love it...so cool. But I still have a goldenrod oven/stove from the 70s. Hope that dies soon so I can get a new stainless one. also, we do not have a dishwasher. For my b-day I want a new sink, disposal, dishwasher, faucet, and a plumber to put it all in!

Jen2: happy belated b-day.

Kay: the 1.6 is not to bad. You will find a point range that works for you. Good job on going to WI and keeping track of it!

Hello to everyone else.

Trish
Old 07-12-2001, 10:06 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Brenda:

We were posting at the same time. Stay calm. Housebuying is stressful but it will all workout great!

Big hugs - -

Trish
Old 07-12-2001, 10:17 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I am starting a challenge thread... so everyone please join!!! I love a good challenge!!

I am doign A-OK. Feeling a little better. I think my bad eating made me bloated, because I was in the bathroom all the time a few days ago. Now I feel less puffy. Last night hubby made these wonderful little steaks on the grill. We now eat LITTLE steaks instead of the steak the size of your head. And it satisfies me. I am not overful! Anyhooo, I cooked up some mushrooms and onions from my garden in chicken broth... Put some gorganzola cheese on the steak topped with the mushrooms... totally gourmet and DIVINE!!!! I love it so much I could eat it everyday!

Trish... Because you had a MS, I wouldn't be afraid to go to the hospital/doctor if you are having a problem! I never spotted until 37 weeks when I got a bladder infection. It was so incredibly painful, but normal for PG women to get. I panicked too and went to the birthing center... they never diagnosed the bladder infection tho... so the next day I was in excruciating pain and went to me doctor... she was mad the hospital didn't check for it. The nurse called my doc the night before and my doc asked if they checked me for an infection and she said yes! Whatever!!

Darn... Just got a call from daycare... Emma has bumps all over her face and legs... like pimples. Need to take her to the doctor now. ARGGG. She hasn't been in contact with chicken pox, but we were camping this weekend and I think it is a rash. Day care is worried so I have to get her. More later!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:26 AM   #7  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Talking Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone is having a good morning......I am still not caught up on the couple of weeks worth of posts that I missed but I am trying!!! First off.....Happy Belated Birthday Kirsty!!!! Hope it was a good one I have checked in everyday but I don't think I have posted since last Wednesday......We were told that they were monitering Web use at work but last week we got this really nasty letter letting us know that they will be tracking Chat rooms and e-mail and that since we signed an Web agreement when we started work we can be written up or even let go!!!! SOOOOO I think I will stay off at work, the problem with that is that I don't get home until usually 6:30/7 so nobody is around!!! Oh Well, I don't work until 1 today so I thought I would get in here early!!! OK enough of that........
Last week I got what I deserved on the scales, after the vacation and missed meetings I was up 1.8# BUT I took that thinking "not to bad" but this week I was very happy with myself, I stayed OP everyday, journalled drank my water....and I lost 3.2# Now I just need to keep that momentum going and I will be back on track in no time

KO.....I love the comments BUT it is wierd to hear them!!!

Lori...Good Luck at the wedding!! Stay Strong....Congrats on your dress!!!

Brenda...DEEP BREATHS!!!! Try not to let everything pile up on your shoulders, take some time for you so you don't get too overwhelmed

Trish....Glad to hear that everything was fine last night, I hate the ER, I had to go a couple weeks ago(for the first time in 17 years!!) for a kidney stone attack(first one!!) luckily I was the only one there at 5 am so I was in and out in about 1.5 hrs!!

Big HELLO to everyone else, If I don't cheak in tomorrow have a FABULOUS weekend!!!!

Steph
Old 07-12-2001, 10:52 AM   #8  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Well, it has been awhile...

I have been really off track the past month. I was so good for 3 months straight (with the odd slip up) and then something happened and I lost it. I have been eating mcDonalds, Wendy's. pizza, swiss chalet....all the fattening places...and ordering my usual, I havn't been counting points and journalling....whats that?? Last night I went to weigh in after skipping it last week, thinking I was going to gain huge...well miraculaously I only gained back 1 pound. SO, I am more motivated now and am really trying to get back on track

Trish When I was pregnant with Emma I spotted my entire pregnancy. The doctors figured out that it was because my placenta was covering my cervix. Thankfully by the end of the pregnancy it had moved enough that I didn't need a c section. Emma is fine now, and a happy healthy (well other then the last few days) 11.5 month old. I wouldn't worry about what the doctors think. If you feel uncomforatble then go in and get checked. Better to be safe then sorry right? good luck!

Brenda We just finished signing up the deal to buy a new house. I am really excited about it....but yes...it is a very stressful time. I can relax now because everthing has gone thru and we are moving in on September 4th....but while we were going thru the whole process it was stressful. Good luck to you!

I hear Emma waking up now so I have to get going, have a great day all!

Angie
Old 07-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default Back from Vacation...

It was exhausting!! But fun....got to hang with b/f's mom and sister camping. It was HOT!! We swam and stuff, it was a good time. They aren't leaving until Saturday morning, so after work I get to visit some more...almost "visited" out!! But oh well, its once in a blue moon we get to do this.

So I won't WI until next week again!! AGH!!

I have to go, can't reply or read posts right now, but I will - its busy here!

I'll fill in the labour day goal too!

Ciao!
Old 07-12-2001, 01:30 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Just wanted to say hi. I had a LONG day yesterday and worked 12 hours. I think I'm taking tomorrow off unless the sky falls down or something. This is my payback for complaining how bored I've been for the past month or so. Darn. I just looked at my calendar and realized I have a sentencing hearing in the morning. So I'll have to go to that. B/f is off tomorrow, which is why I wanted the day off. I work Saturday.

Did I mention this week SUCKS???? I really, really need a vacation. But right now, there's just no time. I haven't even been able to get to WI this week.

OK, time for lunch. I was in Spanish class until 1 and I'm hungry!

Last edited by kimobi; 07-12-2001 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2001, 01:53 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

New photo of me and b/f, taken at a friend's wedding.
Old 07-12-2001, 01:59 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

Happy Thursday!!! (It's Friday for me, I am off tomorrow!)

Belle ~ Glad to have you back! Your trip sounds fun, but I can imagine you are "visited out", I get like that too, I enjoy my alone time!!!

Angie ~ Hang in there, I was in the same boat as you. For several months I really lost my motivation, I have just recently gotten it back. Its normal. It is a lot of hard work constantly monitoring what we eat, sometimes I think we just need a break, and then start up again. We are here for ya!!!

Steph ~ Way to go on your loss! Keep up the good work. Sorry to hear about the IP watching!! Post when you can!

Jen-L ~ Your steak sounds awesome, you sure do come up with fabulous meals. You must be a great cook!! Sorry to hear about Emma, I hope it isn't anything serious!!

Trish ~ Glad your o.k., I've been there, don't think your dumb for going to the ER, it was the right thing to do!! Just keep an eye on it!

Brenda ~ I am sending your "relaxation" vibes on the house deal. I hope everything is working out for you, it is a very stressful time!

Lori ~ Tell us all about your wedding dress! My SIL wedding is August 11th, we are really getting excited for her!!

Kierie ~ I hope you get your scooter fixed, give 'em he!!
What a wonderful compliment from your aquaintance!!

Well, I am doing well. I walked for 2 miles again last night. Felt great! And, I stayed at the low end of my points again! Tonight I am walking again. I have WI on Sat. morning. I hope all goes well!!

I am taking the day off tomorrow to do some shopping for a couple showers this month. So, if I don't talk to you guys again today, have a great weekend all!!

Old 07-12-2001, 02:23 PM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Thank you for all the words of encouragement re the ER. I am gald I went so that I did not drive myself into a panic or anything. I was not spotting (thank God) rather I was having a lot of clear wet-like discharge and it seemed strange to me. Anyway, they did some tests and an ultrasound and said that it is very normal thing and everything is fine. oh, but I do have a yeast infection. I know, WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION. BUt you get so many great things like that when you are PG. Anyway, in the long run I am glad i went. By the way, I think the little kid-o gave me the finger last night on the ultrasound. That was funny.

Kim: hope you get some time off tomorrow to play with your BF. Great picture.

Belle: glad vacation was fun.

Angie: glad to see you back. I agree with Tonya, sometimes I think you just need a break.

Step: oh know, now you have internet police too. AHHH!

Jen: Hope Emma is ok! BIig hugs to you are her. Poor little girl..I hate summer rashes! Your dinner sounds so yummy!

Hello to everyone else.

Trish
Old 07-12-2001, 02:53 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I'm Back, With Emma. She is playing on the floor. Doctor doesn't know if it is Chicken Pox... As of today it is a viral rash that could turn to chicken pox. So she is out of daycare until she is in the clear. Doctor isn't quite sure since she has no fever, no runny nose, isn't scratching the bumps, and is in a great mood. I'll keep you posted! BTW... daycare flipped out so I had to get her immediately.

Tonya and Trish.... I LOVE TO COOK! If I could own my own restaurant, I would. Although I would prefer a small cafe/deli type place. Hubby is in heaven at meal time, I cook better than his mom, who is not a good cook. I think that is why he married me!!! He has a belly to prove it, although it is smaller than when we met, since I cook light!

Trish... glad you are OK.. never had a Y infection while PG, but I know they are common... just like bladder infections. Take care of yourself!!

Kim... you really look nice in your pic! I love your hair color, although I would look aweful as a blond. Yours is so light, at least in the pic it is!! I am envious! I did get red/auburn highlights in my hair a couple months ago (1st time) and LOVED it. Hubby would freak if I turned into a redhead, but I look good as one!

OK, back to work, then home early. Yes, Emma is here with me!
Old 07-12-2001, 03:01 PM   #15  

Angry

Jen ~

My kids didn't have a fever, runny nose and didn't scratch...at least when the bumps still looked like a rash. Could be chicken pox!!

You will know more tomorrow!
Closed Thread