Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 04:14 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters

Enough, already!
Since we've gone to 3 pages, don't you think it's time to start another thread?

I never seem to get away from work on time. I'm supposed to be out of there at 12:30 p.m. (except on Thursday when I pull an all day). There's always some last minute thing before I can turn it over to the guy secretary.

Dee and Kimmy-jo, where are y'all???? Jill must have forsaken us.

I have a gyn appt. next week. I am determined to look better (drop some pounds) by then. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Tina
Old 06-21-2001, 08:14 PM   #2  
Susan

Thanks for the new thread Tina! Sorry about working late!
I went to the gyn about 2 weeks ago. She just said "well, your weight is stable." Hopefully it won't be next time.

Got my chicken last night and Chinese today ( a friend brought it over). It sure was good. Hope I don't gain since I've only been able to sit around all week.

Hope ya'll had a good day. Believe it or not this is a short post!!!!

Susan
Old 06-22-2001, 02:09 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday.
IT's so great to be at the end of a work week.
Be proud of me, group---I've drunk 4 glasses of water so far and will drink 6 more. I'm determined today. he..he..

Susan, you got your Chinese food----yea
You sound like you are feeling pretty good. Keep up whatever is making you well fast. You are so lucky not to have all the mosquitos. Larry went out and sprayed the front porch with And & Roach spray. That's all we had. Would you belive, it worked! I didn't have any trouble getting outside this morn without a herd of them coming inside.

Tammy, those scales must be thrown out! I hope things settle down at home so you can relax. It's difficult not to pick up on our husbands' moods.

Laura, Linda, Kimmy-jo, Sis, etc. etc. What are your plans for the weekend?

I'll be washing and hanging everything outside. Yuk. I've got to get Larry ready for his trip starting Sunday afternoon. I'll be a widow - you will probably see more of me on the threads next week because I'll be so lonely.

Stay OP, group.
Tina
Old 06-22-2001, 06:19 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing good today. I actually got up and walked around the house a little. Hopefully it won't be too much longer on both crutches and I'll go to one. By the way, that was the BEST chinese food yesterday. I ate it all.

I have a ton of homegrown tomatoes. I'm looking for a salsa receipe. I'd like to make some since I love it.

Tina, I bet bug spray is in great demand there. Good idea spraying the porch. That's great drinking all of your water!

Where is everyone? Have a great weekend!

Susan
Old 06-22-2001, 09:56 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

I'm not sure if I'll get 10 glasses of water down me by the time I go to bed. I really wanted to. Got busy at work and didn't drink as many as I wanted.
The leader told us about a box mix of red beans and rice that was good. I bought a box tonight.
The brand is Tony Chachere's, and the whole box is only 4 pts. She said it was very spicey. I'll let y'all know how it tastes.

Hope everyone is having a fun Friday night. I just went to the grocery store for cat food and toilet paper. We're having a wild Friday night!
Tina
Old 06-23-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  
Susan

Angry

Happy Saturday! It's a beautiful day here! What about there?

My husband is going to be gone for most of the day. He won't be home until about 4 am. So it will be another day with the cats and tv. Tomorrow, we are going out to celebrate my birthday, which is Monday. It will be nice to get out!

Tina, I'm impressed if that was all you bought at the store. I go for 2 things and come out with a basket.

Susan
Old 06-23-2001, 04:25 PM   #7  

Susan, your shopping sounds like mine! I go for one thing, and end up going back to the front of the store to get a cart because I'm dropping things on the floor!

Happy Birthday by the way!!! Hope you get to do something fun and exciting (but not fattening!)

I tried to have homegrown tomotoes. All 3 plants died! I am such a klutz when it comes to plants. Good thing I'm not a farmer!

I just made some black beans and rice the other day, not sure of the brand. It was so salty, I had to throw it out. Bob and Tim wouldn't even try it. They said that it smelled nasty.

Constant sirens going on here. The West Central Ohio Fireman's Convention is this weekend. They did wait until 10:15 this morning before they started the sirens (they went till after midnight last night). They've been going constantly ever since. It is only 4;30. What a day!!
Old 06-23-2001, 11:51 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,

Tammy, I can't believe you have to put up with those sirens. It sounds horrible. How far away are they?
Sorry about the beans and rice being yucky. Been there/done that.

Susan, you'll have to wait until Monday for my singing. I hope you have a good time tomorrow. You mentioned cats. How many and what kinds do you have. We have one, Smokey. He's a big black baby (11 1/2 years old). His father was Persian and his mother was short hair (Alley cat). Smokey and his brothers were born in my sister's garage. I wish I'd taken a picture of him when he was just a little ball of fur.

You should see our garage. It looks sooooo good.
We went looking for a dryer. We found a GE that we'll probably buy. It was $324.00, I think. Is that good???

Have a good Sunday!

Tina
Old 06-24-2001, 09:28 AM   #9  
Susan

Tammy, I can't believe that the sirens are going off all day. I'm sure that gets old, real quick!! About the tomatoe plants, I plant about 10-12 plants. Now, I'm the only one that eats them, but I always plan on several dying. However the last 2 years, none died and I had a bunch!

Tina, are you sitting down? I have 5 cats, yes all inside. It's a long story, to make it short ...one is brain damaged got kicked in the head by a horse when at the stables. He is a 20 lb. tiger stripped. 2 brothers are about 1 year old..... they were suppose to be barn cats but one can't jump very well. It is the funniest thing, he is so clumsy. One is my Russian Blue.... my baby!! The other is the brain damaged cat's brother that we brought in from outside when we lost one of the inside cats and one of the outside. All together - 3 tiger stripped, 1 med. hair tabby, 1 Russian blue.

The funny thing is my husband didn't like cats when we got married. He got me an orange Persian, that we had for about 3 year until he had heart failure. I love Persian's... but now I'm a Russian Blue fan. I'll always have them.

The new said they were spraying for mosquitos in your area, Tina. Hope it helps!!

I'll stop rambling now. Have a great Sunday.

Susan
Old 06-24-2001, 03:56 PM   #10  

We live right on the edge of town so the firetrucks didn't come out past our house. They always turned down the last street in town, which is maybe 1/4 mile away. Still plenty loud! They were driving up and down the streets all day. They had a parade that started at 5;00. ALL of the sirens were screaming at the same time then. I just stayed in the house. Didn't bother going up for the parade. Noisy enough here!

I think I'll bury (no, plant) more tomatoes next year. Then maybe I'll have at least one that will survive. I think I did get them planted a little late, and they were crowded in their little plastic plant things too long. Good excuse?

I made a decision about church. I'm going to start teaching Sunday school to 4-5-6 graders in the fall. I've wanted to become more involved in the church. This will be once a month or less if we can get more people to volunteer their time. Tim said he would help me. Not sure how that would work since he isn't that much older than the kids in the class. He'll be 8th grade.

I have cookies in the over for Bible School that starts tomorrow. I'd better go keep an eye on them.

Toodles!!
Old 06-25-2001, 10:19 AM   #11  

Good morning, and Happy Monday, everyone!

Susan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great day for you. Sounds like you're getting a bit more mobile. Be careful not to do too much -- you don't want to slow down your recovery

Tammy, that's great about Sunday school. I used to teach Sunday school when I was in high school, actually, and it was terrific. Also did several years of Vacation Bible School through high school and college.

Tina, I'm glad your garage is finally in shape. That sounds like a good price on a dryer to me. Good luck!

I had a good weekend. Finally weighed in on Saturday morning, and was down 1.4 pounds (granted, that was over 3 weeks, but still ...). Went to a fair in the next town over. Golfed yesterday morning, and did pretty well (for me!). Took about 6 strokes off the last time I played there. Then we had a going away party for one of my neighbors. They grilled out and had these really yummy things that looked like fillets but were actually turkey. I have to find out where she got them, because they were nice and moist -- not all dried out like so much turkey stuff you find.

Here's hoping for a good week for all!

Laura~
Old 06-25-2001, 01:10 PM   #12  
Susan

Thanks for the birthday greetings! Another year older, and still don't feel any different than I did when I was 18. However, better enjoy this year since it is the last one in the 30's.

Laura, it sounds like you have been busy. I have only played minature golf. Congrats, on playing better. Let us know about the turkey.

Tammy, that's great about teaching Sunday school. I only did Vacation Bible school when I lived in San Antonio. It sure was fun. Wish I was doing now since my niece and nephew are going.

I'm doing good. Actually get to drive to the doctor today. I'm still on crutches but think it won't be too long before I wean off of them. I'm actually a little scared about it. Then meeting my husband at the car place (getting his repaired). Topping the day off with my all time favorite pizza. It's close to where we lived before we moved out here. About 25-30 miles aways.

Enough of that! Happy a great day!!

Susan
Old 06-25-2001, 01:13 PM   #13  
Susan

Laura, I meant to tell you congrats on the loss. Anything is better than a gain. Keep it up!!

Susan
Old 06-25-2001, 03:04 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Susan
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Susan, Happy Birthday to you!

I intended to send this earlier but work got in the way. Hope you're doing okay.

Tina
Old 06-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #15  
Susan

Thank you Tina!!!!!
Closed Thread