View Poll Results: What's your ideal holiday?
Lazing around on the beach 7 43.75%
Activity-based 2 12.50%
Cruise 3 18.75%
Sightseeing round old, historic cities 2 12.50%
Staying at home and doing nothing 0 0%
Other - details please 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 05:33 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Tuesday 3 July - DAILY THREAD

Welcome to the Daily Thread for the 20-somethings group. All welcome, new, old and lurkers.

Morning girls!
Sorry to be not posting lately. Work is always pretty busy Fridays, Mondays and Tuesday (so this might have to get cut short).
So, how y'all doing today? It is soooo hot and close in London. I'm hoping there will be a thunderstorm soon to clear the air.
L-plates (or Learner stickers) are what learner drivers (people yet to pass their driving test) have to display on the front and back of the car they are driving. Basically a white square with a big red letter L on it. You used to have to stick them to the car, now you can get magnetic ones. I think nowadays you can also display P-plates (P for provisional?) for the first year after you pass your test so that other drivers know that you are a new driver.
The reason we make the "hen" wear them on hen nights is because they are obviously sweet young virginal things who are just "learning" all about men...
Lolly - you really want to wear one and have a stripper? that i have to see....ooh, we need to claim our free day at the livingwell health club sometime.

a big hello to everyone. stacey - hope you aren't panicking too much. brenda, jen and others with dog problems, hope they get sorted out soon. i'd def go to dog training classes and ask a trainer's advice. trish - sounds like you're doing really well. kim - are you managing to get more time with BF? belle, ali and the rest of the canucks - hope you had a good day off. becky, lisa, janet, kay, tonya, casey, kierie, sarah, suzanne, shalyne, heather and everyone whose names i can't remember right now - HELLO, come and post.

time for me to work, lots to do before happy hour tonight,
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 07-03-2001 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:34 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Yesterday was utter madness at work I didnt have a minute to spare and by the time it was over all i did was pass out literally the whole night asleep on the couch and still im a knackered girlie
Id be cream crackered but thats not very WW is it?
This past weekend we had a family reunion and if its Possible I think i ate and drank for England
MentalNote Smirnoff ices should not be consumed at 1 pm on a hot day in the sun trust me
Todays my day off wowoooo so I'm sleeping and working on a proposal I have to work on the 4th of july but should be done in time for fireworks
before i forget as for the hair removal issue I'm a nair girl all the way
with some shaving to get strays
and for vacations I chose other I like a day of lazing some sight seeing and if theres aqua aerobics at the hotel i'll do that lol

I think i'm off for a nap before I start work on my proposal
Hugs
Kier
Old 07-03-2001, 09:26 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Is it Wednesday Yet?

I hate it when a holiday falls on a Wednesday...then it is like one week is two weeks with a really bad weekend (i.e., the holiday) in the middle. Well, this 4th of July I am going to go to this little parade Peoria does and watch my nieces and nephews drive by in old cars. I am also going to make my dog wear this Uncle Sam hat. She will hate it but look really cute! Then some friends are coming over..I am thinking of putting in Mel Gibson declaring our independence in the DVD.

Any other Americans have any big plans?

On the poll, I voted the beach but I really like all types of vacations. I love to go to new cities or rafting or other...but this summer I am going to the beach in S. Carolina! It will be nice.

Kirsty: have you gotten your contract yet? Oh, and thanks on filling in re the plates. We don't have them here...but you get a permit and have to drive with a licenced driver for a while before you can take the test.

Kierie: Sorry work was so busy. Try to take some time for yourself on your day off and have fun at the fireworks!

Jen: sadie is so so so cute. She rally is big. I forget how big some dogs can be since my dog, Ginger, is a cocker and they really are small. She is like 30lb.

On a very sad animal note, a local VERY NICE pet store here had a very bad fire early in the morning and over 100 animals died. 40 dogs..only 4 were able to be saved. Someone spotted the fire when they were out jogging and called 911 and broke in to start getting the animals out. They got most of the cats out in time. It was really thick smoke and that is what killed most of the animals right away. The puppies were all in teh back of the store where the smoke was the worst. The people EMTs came over and used their equipment to treat the animals and all sorts of vets rushed over. So sad.

Well, I must get back to work. I will try to post at lunch if I can. Have a happy day and I will see you tomorrow for sure as I will be home with no internet police!

Trish
Old 07-03-2001, 09:26 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hello Ladies, I wasn't able to post yesterday! Bummer! My computer was down Anyways Just a quick Hi b/c today is my day I go out for my teen camp. Well I did ok this wknd and lost 2 pds last wk. Thank GOD after that 4pd gain. ANyways I also just realized that I am PMSing so hopefully that has already added on a few pds. Even so I didn't quite hit my July 4th goal of 171. Oh well. Have a good daygirls. I may check in later.
Becky
Old 07-03-2001, 09:27 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW, this thread is slowing down today more than yesterday. There were 27 views when I came in but only 2 posts!!! And 8 posts on the poll!!! HMMMMMM. OK LURKERS..... COME ON OUT, even for a quicky! We would love to have you post!

Nothing new for me. I think Emma is on a growing spirt. Last night she woke up at 12:00 screaming for a bottle.... the night before it was at 10:00. She is growing soooo fast.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 09:30 AM   #6  

Trish, that is soooo sad. I am a HUGE animal lover. My degree is in animal science (I was pre-vet but dropped it)... and business. My Sadie was about 55-60 in that picture and is now over 70. She was 71 pounds at the vet in March. YIKES. But most of her weight is solid muscle!! She is too strong for her own good.... although this is the same dog that our cat can scare sometimes. The 2 are NUTS!!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 09:33 AM   #7  
Proud Mama

Mornin ladies! Sorry to have been MIA of late. I was off work all last week and I was at home working on the kitchen remodeling! We have all of the cabinets installed. The floors are installed, and as I type my window is being installed. Woohoo! Only thing left after this is the counter top and then a little bit of painting and trim work. I'm soo excited! The counters will probably take a good while however because I decided to get them done professionally.

Weight - Watcher's wise I've been just terrible. I did weigh-in on the first and I'm back up to 176 1/2. Haven't done so well for myself, have I? I think I was pretty much off program the entire month and I'm not back on yet. I know that I will get there eventually .

On the poll I picked other. Honestly, my first thought of "holiday" was like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc... but now that I realize it's "vacation"... My ideal vacation I think would be at one of those all inclusive resort places... beaches, drinks, activities, just the right balance of rest, relaxation, and activity. A couple of tropical drinks thrown in for good measure would be nice too. As for historic sights... blech!

I hope to stay caught up now! Cheers.
Old 07-03-2001, 09:37 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

oops - sorry, i'm being terribly british! holiday over here means vacation to you guys.
no sign of contract yet - it should arrive today/tomorrow but i leave my house before the post arrives so who knows...
Old 07-03-2001, 09:39 AM   #9  
Parrothead

Default Hello everyone!

Hi there! Yesterday was pretty busy for me too. I went out of town this past weekend and so I was in recovery mode. I had a spa half day on Saturday followed with some shopping and then a wedding shower. I cut my hair just below chin length and I ended up at Ann Taylor again (I don't know HOW that happened ) and bought the cutest halter dress. I'm writing the purchase off as my treat for making goal. I still want a new purse, but with the potential layoff looming, I'm going to hold off. The shower was so fun! It was for a couple that DH and I are friends with from college. It was nice to see the old gang again. The food was so good, too. It was a bar-B-que theme and they served grilled kabobs with veggies and lean steak. The hosetss also made homemade carsar salad. I think I am maintaining even though I have been eating about 33 points a day. We'll see...at least I have been really good a journaling.

Sarah ~ Your bachlorette sounds like fun. I don't remember mine at all. My friends kidnapped me, made me wear a "task" shirt and I had free drinks all night. I had a good time but was sick as a dog the next day. I also think I fell so I had a huge bruise on my knee. My veil was a pass-down from another friends bachlorette which was special. They added condoms to it for me.

Jen ~ Cute pic of sadie! What a beautiful dog!

For the poll from yesterday...I shave with the new Venus razor. Works so well for me.

Todays poll ~ I love relaxing on the beach as long as there is beer.

I have to run now. Hi to Kirsty and Kierie and all the lurkers!
Kay
Old 07-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #10  
Parrothead

Default Hi to all I missed while posting!

Janet ~ The kitchen sounds great. I have a feeling that when me and DH buy a house we're going to get a fixer-upper. We love to do projects like that!

Trish ~ Thats such a sad story! I love animals as well. We'd have a few, but the apartment is so small.

Jen ~ My college had a huge animal science program. My roomie was that major also. I think she is going to go into pharmaceutical sales for animals because she loves working with the vets. 70 pounds! wow. My pup growing up was only 30! Is she a golden retriever?

Kierie ~ I love smirnoff Ice! My roommate when I first moved to Austin worked for the distributer. Austin was a test market so I was glad to help him out with my opionon. I think they are 5 points though, so I don't drink them often. Hope you feel better!

Kay
Old 07-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default My last work day!!!

I won't be able to post much since I've got to get things wrapped up for two weeks!
Most everything is done and I'm feeling much better today. I can actually eat food! Yes, I'm going to WI and hopefully won't see too much of a gain, but I do want to have something to compare my honeymoon experience to.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...me? I'm cleaning house. YUCK! But, I don't want to come home to a dirty house.
I hope to check in during the next few days.
If not, I'll see everyone July 16th!!
Be thinking of me on 7-7 at 7pm
Old 07-03-2001, 10:00 AM   #12  
Proud Mama

Talking

Stacey!

Just wanted to pop back in and wish you all the best on your wedding day! Didn't want to miss you incase you didn't check in before then. Also want to wish you a great time on your honeymoon!

Warmest wishes!
Janet
Old 07-03-2001, 10:03 AM   #13  

Kay... YUP, Sadie is a purebred Golden Retriever. She is a dark gold and just beautiful. However, as her adult fur has been coming in she has lightened up some. Her mother was very dark red and her father was light gold.... Sadie is a mix between the 2 colors. It is harder to find the darker colored ones, so we got her. She had a sister also for sale that was much lighter. Oh and her pedigree has 9 hunting championships. Hubby would like to train her to hunt, but it is a lot of work.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:05 AM   #14  

Here is a pic of our crazy cat Jazz that chases a 70 pound dog around the house! The 2 of them together are pure CRAZY!!! I love my animals!!
Old 07-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Unhappy Work again....Booh!!!

Yuck, the long weekend was too short!! I had a pretty good one, went camping on Friday night and it was pretty good weather. Stayed until Sunday, went home and went to visit my dad and mom (separately) with b/f. Then yesterday, not so eventful, cleaned b/fs house for his mom and sister's arrival, drove to Banff to get his sister (I drove standard and he was very antsy and made me very nervous...it was no good, won't do that again). then I just cooked them dinner and went home.

And then...ex b/f phoned...the call started very nice, about life andstuff, and then it turned to how much he resented me for breaking up, how it was my fault, I didn't give him a chance (8 years is not a chance) to marry me, etc, and how we can make me happier than present b/f can etc etc. I was yelling at him so loud my neighbours surely heard...it was like when we were dating. I kept saying, case in point buddy, this is why we don't get along!! Only he has ever brought that out in me, I have never ever with anyone else, got that angry that I just scream. then the worst part is that I keep saying - I am hanging up and he keeps talking and I say good bye and he keeps it up - so I had to hang up on him. He did that when we were dating too - ARGH!! GOD I was insanely mad. then I couldn't fall asleep b/c I was up too late with him getting frustrated. CASE IN POINT!! We are SO NOT MEANT for eachother....god.

Okay, this was all aboutme, but I must go....meeting calling.

Canucks - hope your Canada day was good (b/f and I were too lazy to walk across the street to see the fireworks...)

B
Closed Thread