Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #16  

Red face

Today has been good food/tracking wise...almost ready to go shower and go to bed (I know its only 925pm, but I am pathetic!!), but I still have 4pts left!! I might use a couple of those and have a pumpkin smoothie before bed. The extra milk and the extra fibre never hurt anyone!

I have not done my workout and I havbe decided that, that part of my goal can wait until my wrist is better. I am still in quite a bit of pain and unable to hold anything with my left hand or put any pressure on it... :-S

da fat n da furious did you joint worsen with the injection? how long did that last?

Anywho...g'nite to everyone!! Hope you are doin' well and kickin' some ***!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #17  

hELLO
Old 12-10-2005, 12:50 AM   #18  

Hello to you all in the group I am new here. my goals are. Write in my tracker everyday. even know that i am doing the core plan. exerize everyday for 15 min. and watch what i eat and how much i put in my mouth. I have 40 more pounds to go. I hope by christmas i can be at 179 pounds. Fanetta
Old 12-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Tracie,
I don't think it worsened. I was in so much pain,,,I couldn't hold a cup in that hand,,I could barely sleep,,,even sitting watching a movie hurt...ya it was my shoulder it was just agony. The first shot I had didn't do anything,,,I was freaking,,,cause they said I didn't tear the rotarary cuff bad enough for sugery. I thought great Im gonna be stuck with this like this for ever? I went back and he sent me to another Dr. A sport Dr. LOVE THAT DR. He did the injection,,,I seriously whimpered through it..(me who had a baby in a bathroom without drugs or well anything) And within in minutes this relief like you wouldn't believe. Was told it would last for about 6-9 months,,,2 years later I still feel good,,,I still get some aching there but nothign compared to 3 years ago.
that arm is weak. I used to weight train,,,and I couldn't even do 10% of what i used to. But then again I was seriously training,,,700 lbs leg pressing 40 reps. AT the time I was 220 lbs and I was doing chin ups...lol
Fanetta,,,good for yo,,,those are great goals. How much do you weigh now? How long have you been doing WW? I had a girlfriend who joined WW at the same time,,,she did the core but didn't like it so we are doing the points together. Ive been bad lately with having the flu,,,and a horrible strep throat. I wasn't eating,,,and that isn't good. I didn't gain,,,but .6 lb isn't all that great either,,,better then nothing. But was expecting more.
well have a great day...
Old 12-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Tracie and Angie, I feel your pain. I have post-partum joint pain/ carpel tunnel from hormones. Supposedly, it'll go away when I stop nursing, but it's wicked painful and makes it hard to do many tasks (including holding my baby in the morning!!).

Well, this weekend was not stupendous eating-wise but I did get lots of exercise in at least!

Tracie - I was married Oct 9, 04 and came home pregnant from my honeymoon! Baby was born June 19 Oops! But we were happy and we'd pulled the goalie. I would have liked to have been closer to my goal weight but I am 29 and wanted to get going on it (plus I am a healthy girl, minus my weight). I had a really healthy pregnancy as well, no bp or diabetes, nothing like that.

You all should join in on the weekly thread. It's getting really quiet on it!!

Well, baby is sleeping and bed is calling....better mosy - TTFN
Old 12-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #21  

Default frustrated

ARGH. I'm so frustrated. I was doing so well, staying OP, tracking everything, and this weekend things went a bit downhill. I was in a lot of pain so finally went to the doctors just to find out I've got a kidney infection.

I didn't end up tracking any points this weekend, although thinking back I know I didn't use up a lot of them on food, but I've been literally POUNDING back juices, sipped a bit at some flavored water but I have a horrible time getting in my water intake. Anyways... scale went back up almost 3lbs this weekend. I'm really hoping that once the infection subsides that the weight will go back down and it's due to all the liquid in my system, but it's still depressing

I might have to revamp my goal of 10lbs by Xmas and make it 5lbs and just try to get below the 200 mark.

anywho.... just kinda venting a bit of my frustration..
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #22  
Eve's Mom

Nepeta- you poor thing! Kidney infections suck, and you really have to take care of yourself! I hope you get better. You might be retaining H2o from being sick. I would ignore the scale til you are better anyway. You need to stay really hydrated right now and flush that bacteria out!! Chin up!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #23  

Well, as much as I hate water. I AM trying. I've been doing 1/2 juice 1/2 H2O all day, so I'm doing what I can to sneak some H2O in.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want some coffee though. OHHHHH my kingdom for a venti peppermint mocha latte.

and you are right.. they totally suck. I've never had a kidney infection before and when the pain started I thought it might be constipation or I tweaked my back or something. Then when I woke up feeling like someone had taken a baseball bat to my entire left side I decided to hit up the doc.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #24  
Chippin away the pounds!

Hey,
I'm new on this site, but I'm so ready for something to get me back on track with my weight loss. I started WW in 2001 and went from 227 to 195 pounds over the years. This summer I even made it to an all time low of 184, but the weight has come back on up to 196 over the last 4 months or so. I'm not having it. I need some good tips to get back started!!

I work out with the firm 4-5 days a week, but its the food that's killing me. I love to eat too much, and I'm not journaling properly!! Any tips from anyone! Are there any good online journals to keep that you all know of?

I think getting on here and having a support system will really help me! I'm looking forward to seeing what I get out of it.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #25  
Losing it for a 2nd time

Default First weigh in

Well dooms day has come and gone and I am triumphant!! I weighed in on Saturday and lost 5.8 pounds (a celebration dance soon followed) .A huuuuge surprise considering I felt like I ate myself out of house and home this week. The meeting was supportive and offered many ways to get through the holiday season.
Hope everyone is well, and ready for week two of the X-mas season.
Look forward to hearing all about your weeks.

P.S
Does anyone know of any cookbooks for xmas desserts that are point friendly?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #26  
Losing it for a 2nd time

Default Journaling before I put anything in my mouth

Jessie,
I looked for a great online journal and could not find one. The rule I make is that I always always always have my paper journal, and if I am going to put any piece of food in my mouth I count it first. This keeps me honest.
Also I try to plan out what I am going to eat for the day,that way I dont get stuck at the end of the day without enough points for dinner. Try it it helps
P.S.
Love the FIRM tapes. The first time I lost weight I used those tapes and saw immeadiate results
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #27  
Chippin away the pounds!

Jenn,
Thanks for the advice! So far so good today. I get on here and read to work up my motivation to go work out this evening. I've been working out so long now, that, thank goodness, I'm finally getting in the habit of it! Now I have to work on that whole journaling thing. I've kept it up today- so thats good for me! The weekends are what really kill me. My BF always wants to eat out, and I give into temptation way too easily. I wish they sold willpower in a bottle!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...6/155/196/.png
Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #28  

Well I am back after being minus a working computer for a few days. Its funny how lost a person can feel without a computer!

Although I haven't posted in a few days...4? 5? ...I have been doing alright. I haven't been doing FABULOUS or anything, but alright. I haven't been really watchin' what I eat, but I am still tracking it and don't seem to be going waaaay over point. Apparently once again must have been the boost that I needed as I was down another 2.0lbs today. (Need to eat more apparently?!? still confused by that)

New job is going good. Actually started teaching the gr8's yesterday...so far they are an amazing class!! There is NO..yes...NO behavior problems...they are in general a little weak academically, but since there are NO behavior probs I can focus on teaching rather than constantly disiplining like my last job!

Still not back to my workout regiment as I am still having wrist issues...tonite between school & WI when I had some time to kill, I did go run a few laps of the gym...that has been the extent of my workouts, but I am back to teaching where I am constantly on my feet so that should count for somethign....

Hope you are all doing well!! Looking forward to hearing some updates!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #29  
Chippin away the pounds!

Don't be too hard on yourself Tracie. Since you've lost 82 pounds you're doing great!! Just keep on truckin!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #30  
Eve's Mom

Jenn- woo hoo on your 5.8#down!! I'll be back tomorrow when I have more time but I wanted to check in and lurk...

Belle
Closed Thread