Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 09:14 AM   #16  

Thumbs down

Hello my buddies

Myra - congrats on your son's birthday

Jen - Glad to hear Matthew's first birthday party was a success and that you got to see your sisters.

Terri - Great that you are enjoying your vacation.

Essie - Skinny cows are great! I love em. I also found these icecream pops, you know with the chocolate on the outside and vanilla inside? They are call Banjo and they cost 25 cents and they are 3 pts! I buy 12 at a time and put them in freezer. Satisfies my chocolate urge big time.

Well, I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow for 1 week. Don't know if I'll have a chance to get back here before I leave. Still haven't packed! I'm such a procrastinator! I won't have access to a computer in Florida so I'll see you guys in about 8 days from now. Have a great 4th of July everyone (and safe, of course).

Hugs,
Dianne

Old 07-02-2001, 09:16 AM   #17  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Have a great vacation, Dianne!
Old 07-02-2001, 07:57 PM   #18  

Thumbs down

Don't have time to post right now.

Dianne, I want to wish you a safe trip & have a great time buddy
Old 07-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne, I'm late in wishing you a great trip and a great time...enjoy!!

Wow this week is flying by. What is everyone doing for the 4th?
We were to have gone to the Taste of Chicago yesterday, Joe took the day off, but isn't feeling well. He's battling a nasty cold/flu. If he feels better we'll go tomorrow.

Hope everyone's fine.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! ! !

~Jen
Old 07-03-2001, 12:50 PM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy 4th of July..................

Hello ladies ~ I know I've been scarce but with this mini vacation, I've been getting some things done. I just wanted to tell y'all to have a great holiday and stay safe (as well as OP........)

We will be going to a pool party and I'm still hunting for something that can be called a bathing suit. I haven't worn one in YEARS! Anyway, have a great 4th of July and I'll talk to you's on Thursday......

Patti ~ on my weigh......
Old 07-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #21  

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a great 4th of July!

I have been scarce like Zoe (although I think she's been around more than me). We have been working in the garden, yard and on our fish. Not to mention this has been the year for everything to break. We've replaced a microwave, weed eater (gas powered), 27" TV & last week was the coffee pot. I'm waiting for what's next!

Tonight was weigh in I lost 1.6 and 2.2 last week , so I'm back in the swing of things after a period of struggling. I've lost 8.4 in 13 weeks which averages .65 per week. Not complaining as long as the scale is going down. If I would journal and stay focused I could probably average 1.5 - 2.0 per week. But I cheat!

Zoe - Let me know where you find a bathing suit. I have not been in one for 4 years! My daughter & boyfriend want us to take them to the lake with the boat. I would love to find something to wear under my shorts or something flattering If there is such a thing for someone over 200 lbs) .

Diane - Hope you have a great time in Florida!

Myra - Sounds like the 5HTP is working for you. Keep up the good work. It would be worth it for me if it would help me sleep all night.

Jen - Sorry to hear about Joe. Hope he feels better soon. Maybe you'll could do something later to make up for not getting to the Taste of Chicago.

Essie - I live in Texas but the Wal-mart stores here started carrying the Skinny Cows. Do you have a Wal-Mart there? There is also a peanut butter one that is 3 pts. Great stuff!

Happy birthday to Matthew and to Myra's son!!!

Have a great 4th of July everyone. Hello to anyone I missed.

Take care.
Joyce

Last edited by Joyce W; 07-03-2001 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2001, 07:05 AM   #22  

Angry Happy 4th of July!

Joyce, glad to have you back Someone told me about the Skinny Cows in Walmart. My son lives 3 minutes away from Walmart. I'm going by his house today but they'll probably be closing early for the holiday. I'll check it out. You're doing very well with weight loss. I always say a loss is a loss, even if it's a little one. It's added up to 8.4 which I think is awesome. I'm still pretty much the same-170 but I'm not gaining. As soon as the summer is over I'm rejoining. Right now my support is eDiets ,3fc's which is my favorite, & the ww's website. This group has helped me more than words can say. I LOVE YOU GUYS

Zoey. I like the sound of that, glad to hear from you too. I hope you found a bathing suit. I have 2 but I haven't been to the beach yet. My sister & nephew have a pool but I'm still too embarrassed to put on a bathing suit. My husband says I look fine but it's just me. Have a great time.

Jen, poor Joe I hope he feels better real soon. Be careful you don't get it. Pete had a nasty cold a couple of months ago & thank God I didn't get it. I hardly ever catch a cold.

It's so cloudy today. I'm planning to go to my son's house today for a barbecue but if this keeps up like this I'll just cook at home & bring it over. I'll get to see my nephew at the same time. He's like a son. His little boy is adorable!! Reminds me of him when he was that age. We're having chicken, turkey burgers & pasta salad. Maybe I'll pick up some doughnuts or something but FOR THEM!! I'll be strong.

Dianne, Terri, Myra, have a great one

Love,
Essie
Old 07-04-2001, 07:42 AM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Joyce, good to hear from you, and that you're posting losses! I personally suffer from an "all or nothing" type of dieting, whereas you are going slow and steady. Congrats. Hate to think of having to replace all that stuff.....coffeepot would be the worst! LOL

Patti, good luck w/the suit search. My brother has a pool; I've got a key to his house and can go whenever. I wear a suit with shorts(nylon w/drawstring) over it, as my thighs are......well.......let's not even go there!

Essie, Skinny Cows are so good! The grocery stores here carry them, at 4.99 a pack. When they were on sale, they had them buy one get one free, which was great. I've never tried the peanut butter. The strawberry ones are my favorite.

Terri, glad to hear you've been having a good time.

Myra, Hi!

Our town's parade is at 6 p.m., followed by fireworks. I love this day. We are blessed to live in this country!

~Jen
Old 07-04-2001, 08:56 AM   #24  
Lifetimer

I'm just hoping that the weather holds out for the fireworks tonight. Rain is forecast. What a bummer for the fourth. But I'm just going to enjoy not working and being with my family.
Old 07-05-2001, 02:33 PM   #25  

Hi everyone!

Sounds like everyone planned a great 4th with their families.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone.

For those of you looking for the skinny cows .. at our WW meeting last week someone said that since the skinny cows are so expensive they take 1 sheet chocolate graham crackers broke in half and fill with @ 1/2c fat free cool whip and freeze. Everyone says they taste as good or better than the skinny cows and the points are about the same (maybe a little less). I have not tried them yet but I definately want to.

Well I've got to go. Have a great day everyone.
Joyce
Old 07-05-2001, 02:40 PM   #26  
Lifetimer

I'm off to my meeting in another two hours or so. Wish me luck! I did well except for my son's birthday on Saturday. I hope that didn't do too much damage.
Old 07-05-2001, 03:41 PM   #27  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls!

I forgot yesterday was Wednesday, weigh in day.....I stayed exactly the same...219.5 Yikes! All the hard work for the first 3 days was totally blown away by my letting go for the remainder of the week. No loss, serves me right

Here's to a better week!

~Jen
Old 07-05-2001, 05:53 PM   #28  

Angry

Hello,

Myra, I was out shopping with my son & I found the 5-HTP. I bought it for $8 & change. I'll let you know what I think. I guess I'll give it a week.

Jen, at least you stayed the same. I had an "off program day" today. I was out all day with my son & we decided to go to the chinese buffet. I didn't go overboard.

Joyce, I was at Walmart today but couldn't check to see if they had the Skinny Cows cause I wasn't coming back home right away & they would have melted. WW recipe sounds good. If I don't find them I'll try it.

Have a good evening everybody

Essie
Old 07-05-2001, 07:44 PM   #29  
Lifetimer

I weighed in today and lost .8 lb., which actually isn' t so bad considering the kind of day that I had Saturday. Hopefully I will have a better loss next week.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:41 PM   #30  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Just checking in...............

Hi ladies , just checking in for a moment. My daughter Jenna is here for a visit but I wanted to read the posts and leave a short note. Not very busy here lately.......................have a great Friday.
Closed Thread