Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #31  

I've heard vaguely of Core, but I don't know many details. I stopped going to WW right about when it was introduced, and never got the new information.

I've got a few (and I do mean 'few') options for foods right now, but I'm rapidly running out of ideas. Protein powder with skim milk, check. Controlled amounts of nuts, check. Eggbeaters, check. Modest (because it has cholesterol) amounts of chicken with generous veggie salads, check. Other than that....can we say "argh"?

My challenge is getting my calories up while keeping my saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium down. My particular body doesn't like large helpings of carbs, no matter what they are. I have noticed that if I have a meal that is more carb than protein I'm asleep in an hour, literally. I can just about handle things like broccoli in generous amounts, because half the carbs in that are fiber. But broccoli's only 25 calories for half a cup--HOW many cups of broccoli is that???

Yesterday I only managed 975 calories. But at least my cholesterol came in under the prescribed 200mg, and my sodium was way under the recommended 2400mg! Then hubby got rapidly sick, and his temperature spiked to 103F. So I was busy medicating and monitoring him, and made the conscious decision not to eat until I could find good choices. Then I went to bed.

I would be interested in the food lists for Core. Do you know if they're available anywhere, or if you have to go to a meeting for them?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Mousie,
give me a minute to get my thoughts together and I'll come back with some info. for you.
Judy Itry
234.6/202/thinner into onederland
ps. at my mtg. tonight I heard such a great thing to share: I don't use will power, I use skill power! (positive self talk, etc.)
Old 12-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #33  
Chick

Mousie,
I hope dh is feeling much better. Maybe while you're figuring out what to eat, you could record and eat every two hours. You were very successful doing that. Also, check out 3fatchicks Core group. Lots of good information there. I'm checking for further lists of Core foods, etc.
Love
Judy Itry
Old 12-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #34  

Alright Turtles! I have spent this last week--Saturday-Thursday--eating no sugar or white flour/white carbs (potatoes, rice), low cholesterol, low sodium foods. Result? Drumroll please!

I lost 4.0 pounds!

This morning I weighed in at 277.0. I broke into the 270's after being in the 280's for 4 months! YAAAAAAAAY!

So guess what I'm going to keep doing this week? Yep! Today I'm allowing myself to have a little bit of white flour in the form of a french baguette, but still no sugar. Woohoo! At this rate I'll make my Christmas goal (275)! YAY!

I hope everyone else is doing fantastic, check in soon!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #35  
Chick

Mousie,

Weigh to go!!! What a fantastic achievement! Mousie, I think your body is "made" for Core. Sweet potatoes, couscous, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal,
cornmeal, any veggie or fruit, ff dairy products, lean meats, poultry, fish,etc.
Really unprocessed foods--the type you like! Check out the Core board here to see if it seems good to you. 275# by Christmas is a done deal!!!!!

Bandit, hope you didn't get caught in the snowstorms this weekend. Aren't you in Kentucky from Canada? Good luck with your exercise and keep up the good work.

Hey, I'm making a comitment to be 148# by this time next year. That is a pound a week, each and every week. In the past I've given up, gotten slack,
gotten discouraged, and just plain gave in to good food. Now I want to be normal weight. Let's all help each other fulfill our goals!

Love,
Judy Itry
234.6/202/thinner into onederland
Old 12-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #36  

Thanks for the snaps, Judy. I agree, my body seems happier the more unprocessed I go! Such a pity I absolutely despise doing dishes, because I have to cook a LOT to keep doing this! But I'll deal with it, because I can tell my body IS happier this way.

I also want to say that your goal is very, very brave. I commend you for stepping up and saying, "This is what I want, and I'm going to get it." I've finally gotten it through my head, like Churchill admonished:

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

That speech has always been powerful to me, doubly so because I'm married to a Brit and have been to WWII battle sites. I think it fits here, too. We can never give up.

Wow, am I being motivational or something?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #37  
Chick

Dear Mousie,
You are being very motivational! See you on the new site #148
Judy Itry
Closed Thread