Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Week of November 14

Good Monday all,

I have taken today off so I am just at home recooperating. I got some sort of traveller's bug which made me pass out on Saturday night at the resort. We had to see a doc and everything. I am okay now, not 100% yet, but my body is recovering. Me and youngling should be fine!

Anyway I got home last night and am enjoying being back. I am dealing with tons of food aversions right now, so not being around a buffet is a blessing now.

Belle: Great to *see* you!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone... remember me??? I am back from my lovely vacation to Disney World. The weather was beautiful and the girls had a blast like always!!! We got back yesterday and Kate had a horrible plane ride home. Come to find out today that she has an ear infection. Poor girl!

I don't have a lot of time to post now, but will try to post tomorrow. I went into work for a couple hours today and it turned into close to 5 hours. I am sure I will be swamped tomorrow also!

Type at you later!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies Crazy week
new ppl are starting at work I'm having deviated septum done on Thursday
and I'm trying to figure out a new WOE for myself
I feel good eating south beach but I'm eating too much so I need to possibly incorporate Points into it
I was thinnking of doing the Wendie plan have any of you done it?
Ali how are you feeling?
Jen Poor Kates EArs! I hope today is better for you
Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #4  

Hello everyone,
I haven't posted in a while, with our religious month of fasting and all...so I guess you can say that I fell off the wagon
How is everyone?
Jen-L: How was the vacation? Were your daughters comfortable with the oversized Disney characters? I know some young kids get scared.

KO: If you are still looking for a good book on portion sizes, get "The Portion Teller" by Linda Young, very interesting...she is in the movie "Supersize Me" if you ever watched it.

Congratulations to all the pregnant ladies

Sweater Girl- I hope you are feeling better

I haven't gone near a scale in over a month, I need a good kick in the behind to get back on track, everyone around me seems to have gone anti-diet....any advice on how to get back on track would be appreciated

I missed reading posts, am glad to be back,

Sofi
Old 11-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #5  

Sofi - Vacation was wonderful, we are already planning one for next year. Emma was great with the characters this year. She ran up to them and hugged them. Kate was a little scared, but would give them a high five as long as they didn't get too close. It was really cute!

Work is nuts for me already with plenty of stressors. I just got back and found out that the end of next week I have to go to Las Vegas for work. I like that, but feel bad for my family since I am always leaving!!!

KO - I did the Wendi plan many moons ago before Kate when I was WW-ing it. I still hear people talk about it, so it must still be working. It worked for me back then. I am not following the points plan at this moment tho.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:07 PM   #6  

Hey everyone. It is so quiet here lately. Here are some Disney Pics if anyone wants to see.

https://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/0...&iId=287214785
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Jen, so you gonna be in LV for Thanksgiving? I will be there then. That is home for me. I am near Reno now.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #8  

Flower, I will be there the Sunday after Thanksgiving through Thursday! I remember that you were from there. I always enjoyed reading about your floral job at the wedding chapel! Do you still do flowers??? The convention is at the Paris, but we are not staying there. We are staying at a time share for really cheap. I haven't been to Vegas in several years, so it should be fun. Tho I won't get much exploring time since I will be working while there!!

Oh and I was in Reno last January. It was so foggy I barely was able to fly in, then I almost couldn't fly out. I have never seen fog that bad. When I looked out the hotel window, it was solid white!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:31 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

I am driving home on Sunday, bummer, I would have loved to meet ya for lunch. Next time perhaps. We can have some wicked fog here. lol We haven't had any yet this season, knock on wood.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #10  
you can call me flower

Oh, taking a sabatical from flowers. The pay up here sucks. lol I am sure I will be back at it in a few years though.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #11  

That's too bad Flower!!! The convention starts on Monday. I would have loved to see you! Maybe next time! I won't be in Reno this year, the convention was moved to San Diego.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Funny you talking about LV,,,our group is planning a trip there in June...
I was once there when it snowed...it was so cold...froze.

Ali, hope your feeling better,,,so tell me more of your trip...loved it or hated it? ITs been a few years since we were there,,,but we loved it.

Jen, one day I will go to Disneyworld...been to Disneyland a few times. Just this past Sept. With plans of going next year again with cousins.

Have literally fallen and can't get up off the wagon! My husband dear wonderful man that he is,,,sells pastries,,,did I mention that? Bread and Pastries! He had these two HUGE cases of nanaimo bars...seriously look up what Im talking about...to die for dessert. I love them! I ate 6 pieces,,,each piece about 7 points each! I got sick...major migraine...not sure if its the rich dessert,,,or the Chinook which causes barometric pressure or TOM but I was pukey sick...which explains the .6 lbs losss,,,when it should of been a gain. bad bad nanaimo bars. Ive given a few packages away...paper girl,,,girls at work are giving me the hairy eyeball for bringing in more sugar... anyone who wants some Ive given,,,was almost going to resort to bringing in some to WW meeting...I know *gasp I didn't...lol
well I should be off...
night all
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

ALI!! WHAT?? YOU ARE PREGNANT????

Congrats woman!!!! I'll PM you...
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

So how is everyone doing today? ready for the weekend?
Anyone started the holiday shopping yet?
What about Thanksgiving? Any family traditions,, recipes to share? Being Canadian we had ours 3-4 weeks ago...but will have a nice dinner in honour of my American friends...and another excuse for holiday food!
Closed Thread