> Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr. old #125

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • G'day all,

Thought I would give you all a lucky break and start a new thread
    Miss a few days and boy there is a lot to catch up on

I had a great time with the visitors but was pleased to be just 2 again, still didn't feel all that well. I know I sound pathetic and like 100 years old but this cold is really getting to me.

For the good news, we are actually going home on July 6 for hopefully 3 weeks before returning to Melbourne till Xmas then home till after the wedding, back to Melbourne till June then to Sydney till October phew...........

I have 1 million things running thru my head that I need to do whilst I am home, the time will just fly.
    I went for a long walk in the botanical gardens this afternoon, mainly to talk some sense into myself The camelias were just beautiful, I wonder how mine are at home.
    I am very pleased with myself that I actually send my dentist an email for an appointment, I normally wait till I have to go . Hopefully no work will need to be done.

Have a great day all, loved Slavika's message from son, makes such sense

Cheers
    Maria
  • Hi, Maria I hope that you are feeling a little better. You have so many changes in your life - you certainly cope well. I bet you are happy to go back to your home for a little while. Karen what color siding are you picking out. I also love blue. I think it is very calming. I like the aromatherapy idea of the peppermint oil. I am going to get some and keep it on hand. I like to spray lavender on my pillow at night- I feel it helps me sleep better. Glenda that baby sounds like he is a happy and contented one. My friends just had a granddaughter. The hospital has a web site that you can see the baby and leave a message. Things have come a long way. Have to go get ready for my mammo. Hope to pass it this time. Peggy
  • new day........
    and new attitude

I have been feeling a bit down the last week or so, not sure why, but every now and then this lifestyle gets to me.

Anyway enough of that as I said today is a new start, got up had my shower, did my hair and make-up and look quite respectable! Amazing what a difference that makes. I will catch up on some correspondence and this afternoon check out some of the sales that have started.
    I am after a pair of shoes to wear with the 'mother of the bride' outfit. Found a great pair last week but just not quite my size

Blue is also my favourite colour as it is my daughter's. I am not quite as keen as dd, EVERYTHING is blue in her place

Glenda by your posts it is very obvious how happy you are with your grandson but more so how happy you are for your son. It is so nice to have your children (whatever age) to be happy

Peggy Good luck with your 'mammo', hope all will be well. Always nice to have it done and get the all clear

It is a lovely crisp, sunny day here in Melbourne, great for another walk.

Cheers
    Maria
  • Karen: Yummm never thought of using orange soda or something like that for the smoothies. Sounds good. Did you try and how much did you put in? Curious minds want to know so I can try. Bet you are excited about the house and getting it spruced up. Thats always fun! Like getting a brand new house but cheaper!

Slavika: That joke was to cute I loved it! Guess I better give up my exercise. Where did you go on your road trip? Did you get to a Trader Joes? Hope you bring back goodies for Trudy. She will be if you dont.

Peggy: A little piggy for the fridge? To cute! I need to find one for DH. He is not staying away from my Mudpies. I told him they were "Diet" but it didnt work. ALAS.... Lets us know on the Mammo when you get the results.

Glenda: Oh my, they better realize what they have soon! That is so unusal for a baby to sleep that long! They have it made right now! But it probbaly wont last. Course you never know on that to. He sounds so adorable. You should be a pround Grandma.

Maria: I can image how happy you are going to be when you do go home! I hope you take some time to relax and enjoy while you are there. Its hard I know. Hope that cold starts getting better. Its been hanging on for quite awhile. Your just not use to snow. Last time I was near it I was sick for a long time. When you arent use to it, it really knocks you down. Take care of you!
    You know I can image how the life does get to you. Moving all the time. I think it would be really hard. I really dont think I could do it. But you are handling it very well. I think its only natural you are going to get down about it sometimes. Hang in there and remember you have us to talk to if you need it.

It has been crazy here. I want a new job...... But Im getting to old for that. I really wish I could retire right now, but ALAS need to save those pennies more. Its probably just a bad week..
  • Hi all from Maine: I've lost track of all your activities, but all sound very busy. Maria, I'm sure you get down now and then about your vagabond life,but as we listen to your adventures it sounds exciting to us. Glad you have recuperated from the cold. They can sure get one down.

I misssed the smoothie recipe witht the orange soda. Will have to look back over the old posts. in the archives.

We are having a great time here with family and just enjoying the ocean. Our DS found us a cottage right on the beach, a rocky Maine beach, but beautiful just the same. We haven;t been in the water, too cold.

We leave here on Saturday and continue on our travels. It will be good to see all the relatives and friends, but I know that by the time this trip is finished, I'll be glad to get home.

I haven't seen a scale since I left home and am trying to be careful and not go overboard too much. We try to walk nearly every day, and that will help. Today we are going on a 2 hour schooner ride out into the Penobscto Bay. A first for me. It is a beautiful day so it should be enjoyable.

Will check back now and then. Keep up the good work. Ann
  • Hi, Ann it was good to hear from you. Your cottage sounds like something you see on a postcard. It is fun to see old friends and family. Have a good safe rest of the trip. Maria I hope you are feeling better. You have gone through so many changes it is natural to be a little down. I hope you are feeling better. It is amazing what a little makeup will do for you. Lily hope the job is going better. Karen how is the decorating going? My house is in need of a makeover. After spending a week in a pretty and bright house mine looks so drab. I bought a new shower curtain - it is white with butterflies. It helped. My old one was wintery looking-navy, hunter and maroon plaid. Glenda how is the baby doing? Can you keep your hands off of him? Geri and Trudy where are you? BTW I gained 2 pounds over vacation. I think it was the homemade hot fudge sauce. See you later, Peggy
  • Maria - I am glad you took a shower and fixed yourself up. That is the best thing I can do if I really need a boost to morale. I know you will enjoy your trip home too. Believe it or not, your life sounds pretty exotic to me, living out here on the prairie of Oklahoma.

Lily - Why oh why do those people who can eat anything want to eat the special diet stuff? I relate to that. My kids used to even drink my pop. Alas!

Peggy- There is nothing like visiting somewhere and coming back and looking at our surroundings with new eyes. Sometimes it doesn't take that much to spruce up a house a bit--new tablecloth, throw pillows, or curtains--and you feel so much better.

I just got a picture on the computer of my grandson. He is so cute! We are going to Red River on Saturday so we won't see him for 2 weeks. I bet at that age he will be so different. My niece is getting married at Red River. She is 36 and never been married. She is a rather large girl. Her sisters are giving her a personal shower so I bought her a really pretty silky sleepshirt. I debated on bath stuff or something to sleep in and thought, no matter what, she would want something soft and feminine.

We are in a thunderstorm today. Yuch! Rain is not my kind of weather.
    Glenda
  • Hi y'all,

Did you think I got lost? Have just been so busy. This sweet little baby is now 20 months old and 26# of perpetual motion. Plus, I have been spending every available minute house hunting. I finally got him to think about moving----now I have to find a house before he gets out of the mood.

Last weekend I attended Martha Pullen's sewing market. It was awesome. She gathers some of the best teachers and vendors in the country and we get to learn new techniques and find neat products. It was great. Maria, there were even representatives from Australia. The Country Bumpkin had a spot there and they are by far the most popular vendor. They have all these fabulous smoking and embroidery kits and books and magazines.

I have missed you all. I haven't been online much for several weeks. I don't have time to go back and read the old posts. Is there anything important I have missed? Just by what was on this thread it looks like Glenda has a new grandbaby. Tell me about him.

Have to go finish supper. Hopefully I will be able to play catch up this weekend,
  • G'day all,

All , thank you for your support and not making me feel like a whinging old so and so, it really does mean a lot to me

Lily you have convinced me, I won't be going to the snow for a return visit. Sorry to hear your work is getting you down. It shouldn't make any difference but unfortunately this age thing does make a difference when seeking other employment. I hope it is just a passing thing. When do you hope to retire?

Glenda believe it or not, living on a prairie sounds so peaceful to me. We don't use the word 'prairie' it reminds me of American TV shows like Rawhide, Bonanza and the like. Yes I know, it does show my age remembering those shows
    The wedding present is a great choice, I know that is always the last thing I spend money on; pretty nightware.

Geri the sewing market you went to sounds really interesting. The person who started the 'Country Bumpkin' merchandise is from my home town Adelaide. I agree her stuff is just beautiful. Once I am a grandmother (long way of yet!) I will visit her shop where you can buy her designs in kit-form. There is nothing like the old-fashioned embroidery and smocking. Good luck with your house hunting

Peggy you cannot be too unhappy with the 2 lb gain, that will be off again in no time once you are back in your normal routine. I agree with Glenda, it just takes a few bits and pieces to spruce up and give your house a new look. Your shower curtain sounds nice.

Ann good to hear you are enjoying your holiday, sounds like bliss. I can relate to looking forward to being home when you finish your travels

Another lovely sunny day, after a walk I will start to sort out a few things that can be packed now, not that I am anxious to go or anything

Have a great day all
    Cheers
    Maria
  • Yummmmmmmmmm
    Ann: Good to see you! Sounds like you are having a great vacation!

Peggy: 2 pounds isnt bad. You will get it back off fast Im sure.

Glenda: You know I dont know why my DH has to eat all my good stuff I guess I do have to share with him tho. Bet you are gonna miss the baby while he is gone.

Geri: Good to
    see you posting! Been wondering where you were!

Maria: I havent decided when Im going to retire yet. Im not going to look for another job. Wouldnt really be worth it for as old as I am. Some days it just gets to me.

I just had the best Pizza. For those of you that has Trader Joes its a must. Its 9 points for the whole thing. 3 points for 1/3 of it. It has a really thick crust and oh my was it good. All my TJ's had was the Veggie one. But it was like eating a real pizza. Its called Heavens Bistro. Here is the Web site:
    http://www.heavensbistro.com

Yummmmmmm
  • Lily - Your Heaven's Bistro pizza sounds just heavenly, hence the name. I went to the website and, of course, no one sells it in OK, but Albertson's has it in Texas. I wonder if I could ask them at our Albertson's to carry it?

Geri - You are always busy, but it is nice to hear from you. 20 months old and 26 lbs, huh. I bet Grandma is having the best time with that perpetual motion. Yes, we just got a grandson. Today he is 10 days old and, of course, is just a little sweetie, in fact, just pretty close to perfect. (sound familiar, grandmas?) Have you started the diet class in your church again?
    Glenda
  • Lily I just checked the Heaven's Bistro site. Alas it is not here but in the stated just east of here. Had I known I would have stopped on the way back and bought some. They really look good. Maybe a road trip sometime. Geri I bet the sewing market was fun. I used to sew. I would like to start again if I remember how. Have to run, I am pulling out some stuff{junk or treasures however you look at it] for my niece's street sale next week. Peggy
  • Glenda: I would ask your Albetsons to carry it. Doesnt hurt to try. Tell them that its is carried in the ones in Texas, might help. As they can call them and see how it sells. Im sure it is selling well. My Trader Joes cant seem to keep them in stock. And when I got mine the checker raved about how good it was. I bought 3 of them Give them the web site address that always helps to.

Peggy: Careful they might be treasures you have there! Hope you sell lots of goodies!

Night all!
  • There is an Albertson's within a mile of my house. I will go there tomorrow and check on this Heaven's Bistro. The veggie one would be right up my husband's alley---that is the only one he likes. It would be nice to have a pizza in the freezer that he could fix on the nights I am going to be late.

Yeah, we started another session of First Place just last week. I have 10 people now---the pastor and his wife, the church secretary and her husband, an elder and his wife, the elder's daughter, 2 other women and me. Talk about being under the gun! Part of First Place is a weekly Bible study. I might add that the secretary is also the person who coordinates the intercessory needs of our church and is very active in the city's intercessory alliance. Can you imagine me leading a Bible study for this group? You know I am not a super-religious type. That is the most charitable way I can describe myself. I can't do this myself; I guess that the Lord is bound and determined to make me rely on Him more and to become more humble. Teaching a Bible study to these powerhouses is going to be a definite challenge.

Anybody interested in a Labor Day challenge? What do you think? There are about 12 or 13 weeks till Labor Day. I have to lose some weight! Anybody willing to join me in a challenge? I realize that some of you (lucky girls) are already at goal. Of course, I am talking to those of you who are still struggling.
  • will I, won't I, will I, won't...........
    Yes Geri I will take you up on the Labour Day challenge!
    What date is labour date? You mentioned approx. 12 weeks from now.
    I would like to loose another 6 kg by then (13.2 lbs) it will also mean that I will definitely have to take in my 'mother of the bride' outfit, I'll be very happy to do that
    I think my target is quite reasonable, what is yours Geri?

That is quite a challenge you are taking on with the Bible studies. I had a very strict catholic upbringing, I am afraid now my motto in life is 'treat others the way you like to be treated ' and leave it at that. No disrespect to those of you that choose to attend church etc. regularly.

Where is Trudy ? Haven't seen you post for a few days. Hope all is well.

Have a great day all
    Cheers
    Maria