Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:12 AM   #16  

Hello Turtles, I am a newbie to this BB but not to WW , I had got the tools from the meetings but didn't stick to it. I have done everything including Atkins lost down 115lbs then my mom passed and its been 6yrs since I have been at goal or any where near it. I am looking to find a group that will support me and that I can support them. Do you mind if I try setting my roots down here? I am 53yr old married no children .I am probably the oldest one here so you can call me granny LOL
Old 11-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dear Granny,

We're delighted to have you join the Turtles. We'll give you all the support in the world and be happy that you've joined us. By the way, I'm 64 years old so you're not the oldest here. I'm happily retired and on a good roll right now in knocking off weight.
Good luck to you. Thanks for joining us. Everybody have a great weekend.
Love,
Judy Itry
234.6/204.6/thinner into onederland
Old 11-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone & a big Welcome to Granny!

Just so you know, I am 52 and think of myself still young!

Anyway, had my w/i Thurs night & was down 2# - so was very happy with that.

I have been going to my new exercise place quite often and have a sore butt to prove it - also still getting in some swims. So overall I am feeling pretty good.

We had our Santa Claus parade last night & it was very good then committee went out for something to eat. I passed on drinks & had some wings & a piece of bruschetta & tea. So was very enjoyable evening.

Judy - your weight loss is great! Keep up the good work.

Mousie - all that exercise you are getting in is fabulous.

And hi to everyone else & again, welcome Granny.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 AM   #19  

Hi Turtles, I'm back! Boy am I related to some nutjobs! I managed well, though, I think, I was very careful and ate as many veggies as I could!

Welcome Granny! We always love to have new members. I'm the baby of the group (I'm 30).

Bandit, that's a FANTASTIC loss! I'm so happy for you! Stick with it, it WILL happen--you're proving it!

Judy, eyes on the prize, right? With your focus I'll expect to hear about another loss this week.

I'm hitting the pavement in the morning, Turtles, and I'm back on track! I'm also planning a trip to the gym to do some weightlifting. I don't know if I'll have a loss this week (Arizona is soooo dry, I held water and swelled up like a balloon this weekend) but it won't be because I didn't try.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #20  

I'm so excited by the idea that we have a new member, I just had to come back and check in again today. Hi Granny!

I weighed myself this morning and I did NOT gain anything this weekend--go me! I must have perfectly balanced everything. I even have a slight suspicion that I took off a bit, because my feet are still swollen. I'm guzzling water today to try to encourage it to drop.

I've been to the gym and done 30 minutes of lower body work and part of my walking--30 minutes, 1.76 miles. That means I was averaging 3.52 mph! I was varying the speed, but wow! I'm very happy with how my walking is going. I'm seeing progress, and I'm focusing on being happy for all the little tiny bits and pieces.

It's been really hard, in the past, not to look back and think "oh, but I used to be so much faster, I still kinda suck". For example, I used to be able to run 10-minute miles. I would get so discouraged and so disgusted by myself, though, when I tried to get back in shape. I would focus on "used to be better than this" and not on "doing the best work I can with the body I live in right now". Something shifted, though, and I'm very nurturing and supportive of this body. Even at the gym--I try very, very hard not to look around and not to compare myself to others. I constantly tell myself "I am doing the best I can with the body I have, and I am getting stronger/faster/healthier". It's a very peaceful, calming thing. I'm so glad this shift happened. I feel like I'm not fighting myself.

Of course I don't know WHY this shift happened, or how--if I did I could package it and make a fortune!

Anyway, enough of being philosophical. I need to get a shower before hubby gets how for lunch. I'll see you later, Turtles!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, weigh to go!!!! : Two pounds down is phenominal.
(whew--I need the spellcheck on that one) Anyway, that's a great loss. Keep it up.

Mousie, getting back from relatives and Thanksgiving dinner and holding your own (and probably losing weight) is amazing. That's just great. : I love what you have to say about dealing with who you are right now. We'll all be getting trimmer, thinner, healthier, and faster, but right now we are wonderful and fine and working our little hearts out to be better. Yay!!

Granny--see you didn't have to think about your age at all. Mousie's the babe and she's got plenty of wisdom--let me tell you! Glad you're here and I hope this turns out to be a good group for you. :

All goes well here. I made a great dinner Saturday night and did okay. Could have been better, but I'm doing yoga every morning and that's a very good thing. It's not quite as difficult as it had been. Yesterday friends took us out for our birthdays and the food was easy to deal with. Again, I had more than I intended but I used points.
Today I had a book discussion mtg. and we meet for lunch as well, I did fine, but was hungry now so I had a bowl of oatmeal. I am hoping to lose a pound this week and I know the upcoming week will be tricky because I'll have family and kids here for a very long weekend, but I'll worry about that then. You all take care and let's do this!!!!
Love,
Judy Itry
Old 11-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #22  

Good morning Turtles:

Mouseie - great job on your walking and nice not to have a gain anytime, but especially over holidays.

Judy - sounds like you are doing well. Good luck with your w/i and hoping for a loss for you.

Granny - HI & how have you been doing this week?

And everyone let's keep focussed, do planning, journalling, excercising and drinking all that delicious water.

Think "skinny thoughts" :-)

Bye for now.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #23  
Chick

HI Turtles,
Bandit, I love the idea of skinny thoughts. You're right about the weigh to do this!
Mousie, keep up the great work. It is amazing to think of how fast you walk. I think you must be in really good condition. Terrific.
Granny, how is everything going? We'd love to hear from you. :
All goes well here. I'm running a little tired, but I'm up to a great Thanksgiving. The crew is coming in and it should be fun.
Love,
Judy Itry
Old 11-23-2005, 11:57 AM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I went to my official WW's WI and lost 1.2# this week. Since Halloween I've had a staruggle here and there, but depending on how I count it, I've lost 3.6 or 2#. I am definitely 10# lighter than 9/14 and this is a very good thing. It's showing in my clothes and I can wear a smaller size. Core is such a good thing for me. It's slow and sure (just like us Turtles) but this is a program I can live with.
Happy Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful week to us all.
Love,
Judy Itry
234.6/203.2/thinner into onederland
Old 11-23-2005, 01:02 PM   #25  

Hi turtles:

Judy - nice job on the weight loss!! Good for you.

I tried Core awhile ago but found I was out of flex points after 2 days. I guess I eat too much processed food for it. Anyway I am plugging along with my Flex and getting in some exercise so hoping for a loss tomorrow at my w/i.

Judy - is Cheerios a core food?

I made carrot soup and have been eating it. I count it as a point/per cup but don't understand why it is not zero points. Only thing in it is carrots, onion, vegetable broth, water & lemon.

Anyway have a great day & keep up the good work.

Judy - you are soooo close to onderland (you must be excited)

Bye for now.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #26  
Chick

Bandit,
Cheerios is not a Core cereal. Shredded wheat, Fiber One, puffed wheat and puffed rice are the four that I know of. I eat oatmeal almost every day. The thing I love about my breakfast is I use 3/4c. of dry oatmeal w/1cup ff milk and a fruit of some sort. This is the size serving that the American Heart Association recommends for helping with cholesterol and reducing triglycerides. If I were on Flex, I'd have to count
3+2+1=6points minimum for my breakfast. On Core, it fills me in and I don't even think about it. I'd never have a 6pt. breakfast because I was stingy with my points.

As far as carrot soup I cannot imagine why that would count as a point at all.
Are onions still limited? Could that be the reason? Personally I'd just eat it and not count it.

Thanks for the encouragement as I get closer to onederland. I am very excited and aim to be there on New Year's Eve. Yay!!!!!!

Everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving (u2Bandit even though you've already had yours)
and we'll all be together at this site on Friday.
Love,
Judy
234.6/203.2/thinner into onederland
Old 11-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #27  

Fantastic loss, Judy! I'm sure you'll break into onederland by New Year's.

I wouldn't count carrot soup as anything, Bandit, not the way you prepare it. The only thing I could see that would give it points would be oil of some description, and since you don't use that...I'd just enjoy freely.

Granny, how's it going with you? Thanksgiving is a hard time of year, but determination can make great things happen.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Remember all you have to be thankful for, and spread your joy and gratitude to others.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #28  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!! Have a great time
Old 11-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #29  

Good morning Turtles! I hope everyone 'survived' the holiday! We went to Hometown Buffet--no one felt like cooking. I ended up with 40 points/1845 calories for the day (I'm combining Points and calorie counting) so I was just *perfect*. Like I could ever be perfect!

Then I got up this morning, completely forgot it was weigh-in day, went out for my walk (55 min, 3.1 miles), came in and had breakfast. With breakfast/fluids in me, I'm at 283.5--a gain of 1.5 over last week. I'll try to remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning, BEFORE I fill up! I'm not too terribly stressed about it, since I ate first and it's the friday before TOM.

I've had a friend suggest I might want to be tested for PCOS. I have no symptoms aside from the difficulty losing weight and the rapid rate I gain, but I'm also a regular exerciser and I'm on the Pill. Those are both things that can mask symptoms. And the months I've been off the Pill (I've taken it for almost a dozen years now, with a month or two off here or there) I've been a raving hormonal [crippled by cramping] lunatic! So, it's worth looking in to.

Anyway! It's the 25th of November, Bah Humbug Day is in 6 days, and Christmas is in a month. We are determined, we are strong, and we can do this, Turtles!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #30  

Hi Turtles:

Hope you all had a great holiday. Had my w/i last night & was only down .2# so was alitlle disappointed. I have been doing lots of excercise and basically keepin OP - had a few treats but still didn't use all my flex points.

Seems for me I can only use 1/2 of my extra points or I don't lose much, if anything.

Shovelled snow both Thurs & Fri mornings for an hour and did my workout this morning as well. So my arms are abit sore - but felt good to be outside.

Tomorrow I am putting my outside decorations up and washing more blinds.

Anyway, have to go have some supper. Take care & talk soon.
Closed Thread