Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #46  

Thank you all for the kind words of my sister...she is such a sweetie, always doing for everyone else. Don't think I could have handle it had it been me.

Well off for some blood work to be done.....chat with you all later..........
Old 12-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #47  
Queen of the Fresh Start

While Dianne is basking under the Florida sun, we're looking at 6 inches of snow and 10 degrees! We've had an unusually cold couple of weeks, with alot of single digit temps....and it's not even winter yet!

Am going to be out early this morning, cannot believe how much shopping I've still got to do!
We're going to see Transiberian Orchestra this evening. Do you know who they are? Great Christmas music, we love their work. Joey and Iliana are also going; we'll have dinner then go to the concert.

There have been food days every day at work, between birthdays, holidays, etc. On Monday our dept. has our Christmas party. I've had way to many carbs, which leads to craving for more. Not a good week

Have a great day!!
~Jen
Old 12-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #48  

Dont know what part of Florida Dianne is in, but here it is already 84 degrees!!
It's only 11 am.
Went to get the blood work done. So we'll see the results in a week.
As for my program......same week as you Jen. Too many parties and not enough control to say No Thanks!!
Another one tomorrow!! Well a Christmas BBQ...one last week too. God.....how can we help it
The never ending saga.............

Tonight we are going on a boat ride in Ft Lauderdale to see the Holiday Lights of the homes on the Intracoastal, and see how the other half lives They will be serving food board the boat...so we'll see.
No major holiday shopping going on here....first of all the stores are jammed, the streets are packed, and it's too dag-gone hot

Ok how 'bout this....till Christmas (well starting tomorrow) I'll be true to my program---um, do I hear an echo in my ear ...and see where I stand Christmas Day...then continue on to the end of the month and see!! Then perhaps I CAN start the new year off a few pounds lighter. This past year has been my worse...from last Dec to this time right now...awful, just awful.....so here I go.................
Check back with you all tomorrow..............

Last edited by L.J.; 12-10-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #49  

Hi ladies, I found this thread and it sounds like you are all a supportive group. I just turned 50 last Aug. and I have been going up and down the weight loss scale. I think some of it has to do with the age. How are all of you keeping motivated? I was thinking of rewards? Maybe getting my nails done or something like that. Do any of you have any suggestions? I would like to join your group and give support as well as get it if that is ok with all of you.

Have a good day,
Deb
Old 12-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #50  

Hi Deb......good to have you. I know I for one would love it, I am with this group for a while now, but not as long as everyone else. Always get welcomed back with opened arms...
I was MIA there for a while, but I am back....doing (or at least trying) to work my WW plan.
I have my good and bad days...my bad are when I am stressed....I am a stress and emotional eater...bad combinations....
Everyone here is so sweet....

Good luck to you....are you doing WW?? Flex?? Core??

As for motivation, I just want my size 12's NOT to be snug, and go from there!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #51  

Es,
I will send a picture to your e-mail of them. They are so cute dressed up.
They clean up nicely.

Hi Deb,
Welcome. It does get harder as we get older. I am Terri. I lost 60 in 2000-2001. It is a struggle keeping it off so I will ALWAYS need these wonderful ladies.

Jen,
CONGRATS!!!!! Great loss. You are doing so great!
WE LOVE The Transiberian Orchestra. We saw them last year. Brittany has all the CD's. Have a great time! They are IMPRESSIVE!!!!!! Did you see the house in Ohio that has their lights timed to one of their songs? I will send you a link. We were going to stop and see it on the way to my sister's house but the guy disconnected them because it caused a huge traffic problem and he didn't want to upset his neighbors. I saw this on the Today Show and Ellen.

L.J.
I remember those parades in Fl. It was so pretty. We always traveled up to Ohio after though. I have never spent Christmas in anything but cold and sometimes snow. Your sister sounds like a wonderful person who set many examples on how to be a fighter.

We have 2 artificial trees. We had real for about 6 years and with traveling the needles were everywhere when we got home so we stopped and bought these. Makes for a better time undecorating.
I am almost done shopping. I have a few for Bruce to get and my sister.

I had my first mammogram last Thursday. I was nervous. I still will be til I get a card saying everything is ok. The mammogram itself wasn't as bas as I feared. I baked cookies yesterday and I only ate 1.5. I was proud.

I am listening to the Steeler/Bears game on the computer on Real Radio.
We don't get it on FOX today. Our Fox network decided to put on The Tampa/Carolina game.

Love all of you!,
Terri
Old 12-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #52  

Thanks for the welcome L.J. and Terri. I lost my weight with ww, I think it was on the selection plan back in 1994. I have kept most of it off but this time of year it is so easy to backslide. I hope to keep myself motivated as well as make some friends.

Mammograms aren't too bad, they always found lumps on mine so I had to have ultra sounds right after the mammo. Turns out I have dense breast tissue and non cancerous lumps. I was relieved to hear that.

I was watching the Colts game and in the 4th quarter they took it off and started airing the Bengals and Patroits. Wonder why they did that? They did the same thing last week end.

Good job only eating 1.5 cookies. That is the only time I have problems with cookies, when they are hot out of the oven. I'm going to be in trouble, this week I'm doing the holiday baking with the grandchildren.

Have a good evening,
Deb
Old 12-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #53  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Welcome, Deb I know you'll like it here. I'm from the Chicago area, have made wonderfully supportive friends here.

Terri,
Good going on having the mammogram done I don't think they're as bad as some people say. TSO put on a great show! We had seen them two years ago, but this year's was better, I think.

L.J.,
I've forgotten, are you in Florida? Sorry for the memory lapse I can't say I blame you, don't think I'd want it in the 80's for Christmas either. Yet now we're facing another snowstorm tomorrow, and I've got a hair appt and shopping to do! sigh....

The carbs have gotten to me this week. I'm going to my meeting tonight, but will use my free pass and not weigh in. Psychologically (sp?) I can't face a gain. But it's too important to me to miss a meeting. It's awful, the more carbs I have, the more I crave them. Today I'm going carb-free, to get it out of my system. Just a bump in the road, right?

HI ES, DIANNE, SANDY!
~Jen
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 AM   #54  

Hey Everyone!!

Well let me fess up too, that the carbs found me this past week and weekend, the bad guys, not the good guys...W/I will not be pretty!!
So again I have my best foot forward. I'm telling you I START out great everyday!! Comes after work, waiting for Frank to get home, and boom, I find myself picking....on crap-o-la!! And now with all the parties and such, it's tough, but hopefully I can be tougher...what do the stickers say...Just Say NO!! I'll try I honestly do NOT want to go into the New Year weighing more than I do now!!
Bump in the road indeed...I have carbs but I have barley with FF chicken broth and a mix of veggies, peas, carrots and corn nibs!! Kind of like a soup thingy. My version that is
Breakfast is 1/4 c Fiberone and 1/4 Kashi 7 grain.
In between, ff jello in a cup, one banana and 1 apple....so see so far so good.

How's it going Deb??

Hey we actually had the heat on last night....now don't laugh it was 64 degrees...

Well Ciao for now.......... I am off to start my day...(ughhh) ....have a great one, EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #55  

Deb,
I have to go back and get another mammogram. They said that it doesn't mean it is bad but they need to spread the breast out more.
Even when they tell you that it probably is ok it still makes you worry.
I am glad you are ok.

Has anyone else had to go back? I still am worried.

I don't know why they do that with the games. It drives me nuts.
When the Steelers are supposed to be on the CBS late game they end the first game and if it is early they put the end of another game and you have to watch that until it is over and they usually go into overtime. Good luck with Christmas. I am looking not to gain. I will worry about losing in Jan.

Jen,
I am glad you enjoyed the show. They are fantastic.
Good idea about the carbs. Get them gone.

Give me encouraging words. PLEASE!!!!!

Luv you guys,
Terri
Old 12-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #56  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Because it was your first mammogram, please don't worry yet. Everyone is different, you never know what your particular tendencies are yet. It could be a density issue, or fibrous breasts (which I have).....once you have the final results, you'll feel better, mentally, about it all. Hugs to you {{{}}} and we'll wait to hear the positive report.
luv,
Jen
Old 12-15-2005, 05:43 AM   #57  

Default Terri

Happy & Good Thoughts ONLY!!

LJ

Last edited by L.J.; 12-15-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #58  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Terri, I have a mamo every year. As a matter of fact I'm due. Twice I had to go back to do it again. It turned out to be nothing each time. Each time I was a little nervous but deep down I knew everything was alright. Keep us posted.

Welcome to our group Deb. This time of year is so hard to stay on track. I've fallen off the wagon so many times but I always get right back up. You'll get alot of support here.

Jen, the carbs are killing me! My co-workers keep bringing in baked goodies! I feel huge! I keep giving in!

LJ, I wish I was a size 12! Are you doing Core or Flex?

Is Dianne still in Florida?

Well, tomorrow is our office party. I'LL TRY not to be too bad.

Good night my friends.

Love,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-02-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #59  

Talking

Don't worry. I had my done 10 yrs. ago because my breasts were so "lumpy." They told me I had "Fibrocystic Breast Disease"...which isn't a disease at all. It just means I have lumpy breasts. LOL! I am 41 now and had one done in Septmeber...this year, and nothing's changed...still lumpy. LOL!!! LOL!!!

I'll pray for you that everything will be okay.

emerald dragonfly
Old 12-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #60  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi

Terri, how did it go?

ED, you made me laugh when you said they're still lumpy. I know what you mean..mine too.

How are my girls? I know everybody is busy this time of year. Parties, parties, parties. Just had a office party Wed. for someone that was leaving, Friday for our 3 offices, another one this Thursday "our" office party! Geeesh, talk about struggling!!!!

Have a blessed Sunday my friends.

Hugs,
Es

Closed Thread