Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Weigh-In for November

Here we are - another great month to lose weight!

We have lots of obstacles to go around this time. Pecan pie, dressing, dark meat of the turkey , and the list goes on and on.

Tracy lost this week. Her stats are on the Chatters.

I forgot to weigh this morning. Oops I'll do it tomorrow and post.
Come on people, how are you doing???

Tina
Old 11-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  

I am shocked I found this so fast lol. Thanks Tina for helping me find it. Hopefully I will remember each week so I don't post the same message on several different boards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG!!!!!!!!! Today is my weigh in day!! I am shocked lol. I lost 3 pounds this last week!!! I have been running so much these last few days I think that helped lol. I need to keep that up!!! I will be on cloud 9 all day I think lol.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #3  
ZzzZZzzz

Hi all! This was my first week (10/27/05-11/02/05) and I lost 5.5 pounds! I survived Halloween. yaya!

Congrats to you TMundy!! Keep going!!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #4  
here we go again!

S/C/G: 230/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Everyone is doing so great! Congrats! Losing through Halloween is a huge accomplishment. I was so bad at a Halloween party, but I was super good the rest of the week, and it paid off. I lost 2.4 at WW tonight! I got my 10% keychain and my 25 lb. star! I was so pumped! My new goal is to leave the 200's in the dust. I have 19 pounds to go on that goal. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #5  

Thanks disintegration! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss as well!!!! How did you lose that much????
Old 11-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  

Amanda, your doing awesome too! Congrats on your loss. I never new there were key chains! I so wish there were meetings closer to me. They are so informative and inspiring. Anyway, congrats to you for your loss!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #7  
ZzzZZzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMunday
Thanks disintegration! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss as well!!!! How did you lose that much????
I really dunno? lol! I guess it's cause I move all. the. time. I'm never in one spot for more than 10 minutes!

R-ME - Congrats on your nifty sctuff! The meetings seem so cool! You just have to tell us when your under 200!

Keep it up girls!!

Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #8  

I posted this on another WW board. But I thought I would copy and paste it here as well. I do hope it inspires someone.

Here are a few things I have found that helps in weight loss.
  1. Moderation
  2. Take it "One Day At A Time" (the old tv show - man am I getting old lol)
  3. Baby steps!!!
  4. Portion sizes
  5. Healthy choices
  6. Always have a salad at dinner.... and try to eat it first.... and eat it slowly
  7. Keep active, stay on your feet, even if it is just house work or store walking!
  8. Try to stay away from sugar foods (eat like a diabetic, it makes a difference!)
  9. Eat small snacks twice a day. (I eat 5 wheat crackers for a snack = 1 point)
  10. Clean your kids rooms!!!!! They will hate, you will find things you have lost, you will sweat, you will have to get up and down and use your muscles, you will have to lift things. All exercise in one room hahaha.
I did these things this week. And I did lose weight! Sunday I cleaned my kids rooms (2 rooms). Monday I ran thru stores looking for items we needed to fix things. And I also ran a friend to the doctor. Tuesday I went grocery shopping, shopping for winter boots for the kids (50% off sale at pay less!), and walked around Walmart for an hour, then I went home and put my groceries away! I did not sit down (except to drive!!) for at least 6 hours!!! Wednesday I cleaned the rest of my house from top to bottom, did laundry and windows. I did not sit down all day! Then the repair man came and I helped him. Thursday..... finished with the repair man. Went and walked the stores and did more cleaning.

Now last Thursday and Friday I was quite lazy! It was TOM so I was lazy. Saturday I was running around though helping my mom clean my grandma's and visiting. So I guess my running like a mad women started on Saturday lol. So it was 5 to 6 days of running around like a chicken with my head cut off lol. But it showed up on the scale and made a difference lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this. I thought maybe it might help someone else and inspire them to move and keep moving. I hope it helps someone, somehow.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegration
I really dunno? lol! I guess it's cause I move all. the. time. I'm never in one spot for more than 10 minutes!
Very true!!!! I found this out this week.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!
Amanda, I'm so glad that party didn't do you in.
disintegration, welcome to the group and congrats to you!
Tracy, thank you for your list of helps. I'll have to copy this and put it on the frig.

I'm very happy to say I've lost all my vacation weight now. I'm back to where I was. Now, it's onward.

Come on group, please post. This is our health and we need to keep trying.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #11  

Tina,

Congrats on your weight loss! I bet your feeling on top of the world!! I think they say the hard part is to keep it off now. But I think getting there is also hard lol.

I do hope that my ideas help someone out there. I never thought about putting them on the fridge! I think I am going to have to do that too!

I hope we have a lot of losers here soon! I know there are several weight watchers out there losing weight!!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #12  

Congratulations to everyone!!!
I stayed the same again. I'm ok with it. Haven't actually been trying very hard, and it seems like we are always on the go. My breakfast and lunch are great, but when it comes to supper, I never know what I'm going to eat or where!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #13  

ok i've been a bad girl, skipped a meeting, got into the halloween candy blah

but the good news is i didn't put on anything !!! stayed the same

kate
Old 11-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Staying the same is a good thing!

Kate, It's good to hear from you.
Tammy, keep up the good work.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #15  

I received a coupon booklet from WW today in the mail. Think that's a sign that I need to go back to meetings? Bob and I need to stop by the YMCA and check about a membership. Being in the same town as one would be more convenient than driving to one.
Closed Thread