Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #1  

Default Any ideas for sack lunches?

I take my lunch to work to save money. I've mainly been eating WW meals, Lean Cuisine, etc. since I joined WW. Well, needless to say, I'd like a change. I'm getting bored with frozen meals. I have access to a fridge, small freezer, and a microwave. Any ideas on meals? Let me just add that I hate fish. Help!

Thank you!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #2  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Steph, when I'm behaving myself, I LOVE to make sandwiches from 2 slices WW rye bread (1 point), 7 slices of Healthy Choice ham or turkey (1point) and mound of veggies (0 points), maybe with mustard (0) or ff mayo (1). With the right veggies, you can make a sandwich so big you can't get your mouth around it! Like Dagwood Bumstead! It's even better if you take all the fixins in baggie and assemble your sandwich at work, so it doesn't have time to flatten out before you eat it.

Or when you make dinner, make an extra half portion and use that for lunch.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #3  

There are some really good recipes on here that freeze well. In the food section on the main page you'll find all kinds of good stuff. I really like the balsamic chicken. I make a whole bunch and freeze it in individual containers with 1 cup of frozen veggies. It's a 3 point lunch! Then I just microwave it.

Also you can switch up a sandwhich by using a whole wheat tortilla and make it a wrap. Maggie had some awesome sandwhich ideas...which by the way I am definatley going to try.

Also salads are awesome! You can change them up so many ways they don't get boring as fast. I love salad with tuna, madarine oranges. I have a few recipes I'll have to see if I can dig up for some yummy salad. You may have to doctor them to get the to be lower poinst that's what I always did.

My kids and I have gotten into eating stuff that we can dip. Grilled chicken, raw veggies with light ranch dip. Fruit with a small yogurt (I am pretty sure the high fiber yogurt is only 1 point for 4 ounces). It's fun and different and takes a while to eat.

I have also seen a cook book about how to pack healthy lunches so you kids won't trade...maybe you're library has something like that you could try outs oem fun stuff form there.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #4  

Thanks so much for all the wonderful suggestions. I will certainly give them a try!! I'm in such a funk right now, always eating the same things for every lunch. Honestly, sometimes I'd rather not even eat lunch, because of so tired of the same old things. Thanks again for your suggestions!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #5  

I posted some recipes for some stuff that I think would reheat well. also some salads. I have more but no time to type them in right now. I'll try to do them this week sometime. Hope they help!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #6  

no, hurry Misty. Thanks!
Closed Thread