Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters for Turkey Month

Happy November!!!
We are so happy to have new members on this thread. Please enjoy what you read here. Please post and become a part of our group.

I'm so tired tonight. I feel a cold coming on. That's what I get for working too hard cleaing house. Plus, I haven't been eating right. If I am getting sick, that will take care of itself. I won't be hungry. Yuck!

I had jury duty today but did not get picked.

How is everyone?????
Tina
Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Default Attention, attention......

Look on our photo thread.
Mimi has put a new photo.

Also, look at the first page of the photos because I updated my picture.
I edited it and put in one taken on our California trip, last month.
Hope everyone enjoys........
If you have a new pic, put it on the thread......please!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #3  
GoddessInclined

Greetings, you crazy Thursday chicks!

Life is back on a fast cycle again. I've begun my speech team's practices two months earlier than usual, instinctually guessing that my team would grow this year. And guess what? I was right! Last year, I had 11-14 kids on the team. This year, my practices are averaging 15 kids per practice, and not yet has the whole team been there. I'm looking at numbers of over 20, and I'm wondering where the bleep I'm going to find scripts????

Things going well at home, Camen is struggling in school and beginning to battle depression. Or perhaps not beginning, but rather it's becoming more evident. Yuck. So...we're looking into natural methods to deal with this, rather than throw strong anti-depressants at him right away. Cross your fingers and send happy energy at my boy, if you would. He needs it!

Hope everyone here is doing well--all OP and everything. Hugs to everyone! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 11-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi Jody,
It's good to hear from ya. Wow, you are one busy person right now.
I'm sorry about your son. I applaud you trying natural methods first and not those drugs! I'm sending all of you my good vibes.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #5  

Hello all! Grades are finally in the computer and I feel like I can relax a little bit!! Woo hoo!!

Found out that our closing on the house will be next Tuesday, Nov. 8!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting!
I have a couple doctors' appointments already scheduled for that day, so the closing will be sometime between them. I went to the hospital today for the tests that I was supposed to have done before the appointments. I almost forgot!!

Bob and I went furniture shopping for the new house today. All of our furniture is old. It was nice when we purchased it in 1983 and 1991, but it is beginning to show some wear and tear. Our dining room table, chairs, and the hutch, we bought used so we are getting new of that. New couch and chair and a couple end tables. We figure that it will probably last us the rest of our lives, so we aren't even going to feel guilty about buying what we want. They had to order some of the furniture, so we just said we want it all delivered at the same time. It might be Christmas or after before we have it. That's ok since we need to paint and do a few other things.

Jody, good vibes to your son!!! Take care!!

Tina, are you feeling better? If you are, come on up and clean my house!!!

I think I'm going to go through some books and decide what I want to keep and what I can live without. I'm trying to be smart and not hang on to everything. lol
Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

OMG!!!!!!!!! Today is my weigh in day!! I am shocked lol. I lost 3 pounds this last week!!! I have been running so much these last few days I think that helped lol. I need to keep that up!!! I will be on cloud 9 all day I think lol.

(Reposted from another board, not sure which board to post my weigh ins lol)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Good for you, Tracy
(We put our weigh-in results on the Thursday Weigh-In Thread for November.)
Old 11-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #8  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!! Sorry I haven't been around much. Not sure why, just busy with things I guess. My DH and I went away last wkend for our 14th anniversary. We had a wonderful relaxing time. We walked on a few hiking trails and of course the mall. After we got back it was time for our DD's 13th b-day and a couple days from now our oldest DD's 27th b-day. So needless to say I have NOT been good in the food department! But today is a new day and it's time to get back OP! I just cringe to think of gaining too much. I WILL NOT go back to the way I was before. I have to do this.
I hope everyone here is doing well and had a nice Halloween. I am looking forward to a nice quiet Thanksgiving also.
Our weather here in MI is unbelievable for this time of year. Yesterday it was in the 60's!! In November???!!! Anyways I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend. Take care.....Sis
Old 11-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #9  

Sis,

Welcome back! It sounds like you have been a very busy person lately! Happy late anniversary before I forget lol. You have a very good attitude. I think you will be back on plan before you know it! Again, welcome back!!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #10  

Sis, happy anniversary!!! It's been beautiful weather in Ohio too! I had recess duty on Thursday and the temp. was 70!! Went to a football game last night and it was in the 60's. Very nice.

Found out our closing is Wed., not Tues. I'm excited, and I'm ready to start moving! lol I guess I should wait until we get it painted first.

A little girl in my class has been asking me to come to her church sometime. Tomorrow there will be a college choir singing there, so I'm planning to go. I wish Bob would get up and go with me, but I'm sure he won't.

We have meetings on Monday and the kids get to stay home. I think the kids should go to meetings and let me stay home. Sound like a good plan???

Hope you are all having a great weekend!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #11  
Susan

Hi everyone,

It just dawned on me that I needed to still sign in. I'm hanging in there. Seems like there is so much to get done and never enough time to get everything done.

I'm going to the ENT on Wednesday. I've never been so excited to go the doctor before. I just want to be able to breathe.

Tammy, I'm so happy about your house. Make sure you send me your address when you get it.

Tina, how are you doing? Are your allergies killing you?

Jody, it's so good to hear from you!! We've been missing you.

Sis, As always it's good when you post. Happy Anniversary!!

Amy has been under the weather. All of her babies are finally well but now she is sick.

Hope you have a great day. This time change is killing me!
Old 11-06-2005, 11:26 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I'm doing good now, just sneezing once in awhile.
Tammy, I'm so happy about the house!! Are y'all selling your other house??? Don't you hate to do it since it was your parents'? I know the feeling, believe me. (Did you go to the girl's church service today?)

Susan, It's been too long since you were feeling good. Let us know how the dr. visit goes.
Amy, get well SOON.

Sis, happy anniversary and happy birthday to your girls. You have a busy time of year, don't you.

Who's ready for Thanksgiving festivities? It won't be long. Then, there's Christmas. On the door to our Walgreen's, it says 8 more weekends until Xmas. Craziness already.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, It's hard to believe that it's already that close to Christmas. I hate it that places start putting out stuff so early. Well, I still look at it.

Tammy, How was school today?

Oh, I'm on a roll. I've been eating good and have exercised the last 2 days. I hope to see a loss sometime soon.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #14  

Yes I went to church with the little girl from my class. We attend a Methodist Church. This was a Pentacostal Church. I had never been to one before, and it is very different than our church. I enjoyed myself, and the choir was awesome!!

Susan, I hope you can breathe better soon!!

Tina, yes we will be putting this house up for sale in the spring. It is going to be hard, but I have to admit that there have been many times that I have regretted buying it in the first place. My younger brother rarely comes to visit since it was my parents. Too many memories. He comes for the holidays. I guess it will be sad that this will be our last holiday season here. Oh great. Now I'm crying!

With the issues at school and other things that are happening in the town, I'm ready to move. I just can't keep hearing the lies and seeing all of the people who believe them. It really bothers me. Even some of my neighbors think that the administration can do no wrong. That hurts me.

Tomorrow I have doctors' appointments, so I get to miss school. The meetings today were really thrilling. NOT. It amazes me that the "higher ups" can come up with so much bull crap for us to do that isn't going to help us in the classroom. Just let me teach and NOT ALWAYS TO THE STUPID TEST!!!!!!!!!! Ok. Off soapbox.

Need to go read the paper and hit the pillow.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:34 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

It's still Tuesday, I think.....
How is everyone this evening?
Tammy, your house sounds great. It's so good you have time to get it the way you want before having to move in. We did that with this house. We were renting and so we had a couple of weeks to paint the rooms and wax and buff the hardwood floors. (They need it again desparately.)

Susan, how is school going this week?
Sis, I'm hoping for a quiet Thanksgiving, also.
Amy, are you well yet?
Jody, how is your son doing? I hope things are okay at your house.
Mimi, I miss you when you work so hard and don't post.
Tracy, what's new with you?
Maureen, are you still lurking around? What's going on with you? Are you still working 2 jobs?

Well, today I had my ob/gyn visit. Great fun. I had to wait one hour before he saw me. He's okay but I still miss my dr. who retired.
He said I looked good. I go get my mammogram in a couple of weeks.

I was good OP today. And, yesterday I drank 8 glasses of water. I was about to float away.
Closed Thread