Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Halloween to Nov 6

Hi All,

one week until my vacation!!! Anyway I ate too much chocolate this evening c'est la vie, but I do want to watch it as not to gain too much weight... darn hormones... I am also dealing with nasal congestion and nosebleeds ah well... all for the greater good!!

So how is everyone?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning ALi: I awakened to no heat and no hot water in the new townhouse *shiver* so it's a brisk one Baby! I'm so excited for you!
Flower Thank God that is Wonderful!!!!!
A Lot of people around me have been bitten by the baby bug but it hasn't gotten me yet
Speaking of Mommies has anyone heard from Belle?
Eating stinks with the move I'm thinking of investing in PB & J just so we have some food in the house.
Long day today I better hop too it!
bbiab
Kierie
Old 11-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Good morning everyone. I need to concentrate on cutting out salt, my rings are stuck!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey All,

Man I haven't been getting here near as much as I would like. You'd think only being at work part-time I'd have lots of time but I have tons of appointments for myself plus we're now baby sitting twice a week while my bro & his gal go to judo. Still not feeling great. Physio says I will need at least 10 more weeks of appointments. Yeehaw. This week I'm hoping to feel up to do a bunch of cooking for quick meals later on. I have to play it by ear b/c I don't know how I'm going to feel one day to the next. The only bonus to this injury recovery is that I'm ahead on my Christmas craft projects.

Ali, Congrats on the babe! That's so awesome!!

Kier, you're moving right now? I thiink I'm behind. Is this to a town house or did you guys buy a house? I haven't heard from Belle either. She must be busy.

Flower, drink a ton of water girl. How are you feeling this week?

Jen How was the birthday party? Did you take your girls trick or treating yesterday?

Hello to everyone else. I've gotta go to work. Hope you're all eating great today!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. I have been so swamped, no time to visit. I leave on Friday for vacation and everyone is holloring for this and that. And not being nice about it at all!!!!

Ali - congrats on the trick or treater. I didn't know you were trying!!!

KO... oh you are doing so well on your losses!!!!!

FLOWER - SUPER YAHOOOO ON THE HEARTBEAT! I bet you couldn't be happier! They say that first doplar check can be hard to find a heartbeat.

The b-day party went very well! Only one explosion and it was from the birthday girl. We did pass the package (thanks Kate) and Emma thought I was giving away her toys because of the box I used. Silly 5 year old!!! I have been eating cake all weekend and week. It is gone now, thankfully.

We did go T & T-ing and it was cold and rainy. Kate had a terrible cold and also has asthma, so it was a quick one for them. I have 1 pic on the digi camera because the girls didn't want to stand still for a pic. I will see if I can post it, but I may have to wait until after vacation because I have no time!!!

I have to run now, but will try to pop in again before I leave on Friday.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:40 AM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

What was up with me this weekend? No PMS or TOM in the forecast,,,but I ate junk! Did I have a mental hic up? Outerbrain experience? Geesh Im back on but I swear I had no control. Tomorrow will tell if I did too much or if I am going to be given mercy.

FLOWER I am so happy for you! Drink the water,,,it will help.

well off to bed I go,,,
will write more soon...
Old 11-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #7  
Give me strength

ok as cranky as I was and bingeing, I did ok. I did learn my lesson about emotional eating...
And OMG all the PB choc cups in this house could make me go insane!
2 points each,,,if I eat one slowly and savour it it doesn't seem as bad.

Anyone else have an allergy to aspertame? Just the thought of consuming the stuff makes me ill.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I can't eat anything with sugar alcohols they make me ill
Old 11-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Can you eat Splenda? Its a natural sweetner without all the chemical stuff they do for aspartame. Its really caught on here. Even the pop companies have started using it for the diet pop. I can even use it in my bread maker without any hassle. I buy it in bulk at Costco.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Just dropping by. I am off to the Dominican Republic for a week. I hope there aren't any Hurricanes... Should be fun! Gives me and my honey some alone time which should be great!

Jen: I wasn't trying, but alas I shall welcome 'youngling' (the inutero name, that's what they call the children who are becoming Jedis...yes I am a Star Wars Geek) with open arms

Rina: Thanks... I finally discovered the joys of massage therapy

Flower: Yup, I bloat easily too and I have to be careful since I have a higher risk for pre-eclampsia since my mom had that.

KO: I hate sugar alcohols too They do nasty stuff to me. I don't mind splenda though.

Angie: We've all been there.... Remember every day is a new day!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Ali you have fun there...I enjoyed the DR,,,My husband and I spent 2 weeks there...ahhh

Rina,,,ever had something that made you so ill you are scared to ever try it or anything similar to it again? Thats what its like for me with aspertame...I can chew a couple of pieces of gum per day that is sugar free but then I start to get that niggling headache that can easily go full blown migraine. I was doing Body For Life a few years back. Did great but wanted to drink the protein drinks everyone else was having so I bought the myoplex and thats when my troubles started. The first one I got sick on,,,thinking I just had the flu...so a couple days later after feeling better (didn't say I was smart,,,just determined) I had another,,,well while Im hanging over the bathroom fixture ( dont' need to say which one) I had the horror of thinking I may be pregnant..went for a test. Nope. (scared since hubby had taken care of things after our last son was born try and explain to hubby how we could be pregnant after that was the horror part) SOOO after the third try I realized it was the drinks since it was the only thing I was consuming that was new. I lost so much weight in that 10 days of being sick from aspertame...hmmm maybe,,,joking I would never want to go through that again. I did lose like 10 lbs.
But Rina I think I will give the splenda a try...i have seen it all over.

well off to clean the house *sigh
Old 11-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #12  

well i've had a sucky two weeks, i just could not stay on the diet to save my life ! halloween candy called to me ! and darn it i answered the call !!!

i ate so much, and skipped a weigh in then ate more lol

then the miracle happened, i weighed in on friday ..... and i was the same ! two weeks of having candy bars everyday and i didn't put on !

that is such a nice feeling for the future that i CAN have a candy bar when i'm maintaining and its ok =)

this week is ww gung-ho week, back to basics for me and working out how i can change a recipe to fit into ww =) i had chinese chicken stirfry and rice last night, overflowing plate and got it down to 6 points !

hawiian chicken salad for lunch and got that down to 5 points for 2 sandwiches !

congrats on the baby ali =)

jen your very welcome, that game is cute =) hope you have a great vacation

that first time you hear the heartbeat just about beats everything flower =)

kate
Closed Thread