Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #91  

Elana-Glad you had a good trip! Great job on getting in the weights at the hotel!

Welcome djmommy! I record all day long...I have one of the QuickTrak Diary's and it goes everywhere with me...I have to see things on paper...its what keeps me in check.

Luflic-have you talked to your leader about why you are not losing? Are you eating your activity pts since you are exercising so much? I was and quit losing so I am not eating them now. Have you tried the Wendie plan? Maybe mixing up the points each day would help...that just baffles me the way you are exercising. Let us know how the Core does for you! Maybe I will jump on it with you!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #92  

Hi all!

Marcie-You are so close I know you can do it girl!!

Steph- I go in spurts with exercise. When I am on a roll I get my stuff ready before I exercise. If I am exercising first thing in the morning the night before I lay out my clothes my shoes, fill my water bottle and have it in the fridge, I also open my treadmill (I keep it folded to keep the kids off it). If I am doing my exercise at nap time I get everythingr eady while the kids eat lunch. This way Id on't cut into my time (which is super limited) by trying to find everything. If I am dragging and not wanting to do it I also use the 15 minute rule. But b/c I am in my own home there have been days after 15 minutes I still don't want to do it so I stop. But I feel better at least doing SOMETHING, but most often I do at least 30.

Elana-So glad you had a great trip! Way to go on the exercising while you were away!

Luflic- I can understand your frutration. Maybe core will help you. Since you are exercising so much maybe the change will allow you to eat a bit more. Just make sure you are getting enough!

DJMommy-WELCOME!!!! I track all day, usually immediatley after I eat or right before as the food is sitting on my plate. I try really hard not to let too much time pass b/c then it's ahrd to remember exactly what I had. I usually glance at my points before determining what I will eat, but I don't often plan meals ahead. I do better when I do, but it's not always possible. When I don't track I do poorly (like this week).

I am feeling really junky. I did fabulous all week until Sunday, I had gotten abck on track after eating too much on Wednesday. My home scale was showing a 1 1/2 pound loss. Then Sunday I drove to my gramma's. I got my daughter a snack and myself a water on the way out. I had a sensible lunch, but on the way home I stopped at McDonald's for dinner. It was late it was dark and I was falling asleep. So I though OH I'll get a big shake and a big fry and that will keep me awake b/c I'll have something to do while I drive. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!???? I weighed myself yesterday and showed a four pound gain from Sunday's weight, which ticked me off b/c I knew I screwed up, so instead of eating sensibley I snacked all day and into this morning and had 6 choc. chip cookies for breakfast. Oh I am so mad at myself. My scale now shows a two pound gain from last week. I know I deserve it, I know why I gained, but I am so angry. I don't even want to go to my meeting. I am tired of screwing up every other week and wasting time and money. I know it works if I try. When I stay on plan I lose, it's not like you Luflic, who works so hard. I admit I am not working hard. I wanted to see 18 by x-mas that so is not happening. It could have. But I didn't do the program.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #93  

Thank you ladies for understanding.. I think the thing that is the hardest on me is that I am working hard and I have screwed around so many times in the past that I feel that no one believes me. The leader I feel doesn't really believe me. I am sure they have heard it all from so many thru the years that they have to be cynical. It is so nice to know you guys truly no I am doing it dog gone it. Because of Thanksgiving I am just going to stay the same for this week it will be hard enough to stay on program with all the food. But If i don't lose this week I am doing core next week.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #94  

Smile

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!???? I weighed myself yesterday and showed a four pound gain from Sunday's weight, which ticked me off b/c I knew I screwed up, so instead of eating sensibley I snacked all day and into this morning and had 6 choc. chip cookies for breakfast. Oh I am so mad at myself. My scale now shows a two pound gain from last week. I know I deserve it, I know why I gained, but I am so angry. I don't even want to go to my meeting. I am tired of screwing up every other week and wasting time and money. I know it works if I try. (earlier message) This post is something we have ALL experienced! If not that challenge, we have all experienced something similar.

It's OK to make mistakes--we all do. You know what to do next and how to avoid that mistake in the future.

What's good about WW is knowing you have lots of ways to tweak the program--try Core for a week, try different activity, try a different snack pattern, etc. I would say definitley DON"T avoid your meeting. I went today, up 1.2 lbs (I knew I had gained) but it was really good to get the support from people who know exactly what it's like to struggle with weight challenges.

Tomorrow is another day, another block of points. You will have a better day and another chance to meet the weight loss challenge.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:12 PM   #95  

Hey girls!

Luflic-Are you eating your flex? Are you eating your AP's? Just curious. Have you figured up how many Ap's you earn each day? Subtract that from how many you ate. That gives you the number that you really ate, you know what I mean? Just for curiosity sake for your own knowledge you don't have to answer specifically. I know what you mean about the leader. Hav ethey given you the booklet on Plateaus? If not ask for it. There is also a quick start sheet, maybe ask for that as well if you don't have it. It can be used for two weeks (very much like core, but it's pretty strict), but it's supposed to kind of give you a jump start.

Elana-I know what you mean. I did avoid my meeting. It was dark and cold and the kids were horrible, DH was late home from work. By the time he got here I was just like screw it. I will start my new week. I know what I did I know how to fix and I will. But I just couldn't make myself go.

I am sitting here now in my workout clothes, ready to fill up my water bottle and hit the treadmill as soon as the kids go up. I think biggest loser is on so I will watch that and exercise. I am doing a core/flex combo. Counting points but trying to only eat core foods this week. We'lls ee how it goes. I am afraid to let go of counting so I am focusing on really getting in thsoe healthier more filling foods. Thanksgiving won't too horrible of challenge. I am eating with DH's family so I hate to eat in front of them. Plus, I hate most of what they eat. I'm not a big turkey with all the trimmings fan. So as long as I don't blow all my points on pop and punch I'll be just fine. I may have a small nibble of dessert, but that's about it.

OK KIDS AND DH ARE ALL SCREAMING. Got to run before I get yelled at.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #96  

Luflic-Girl we so believe you...I'm sorry your leader isn't much help..I am off and on losing and my leader told me just mix things up...change your foods around,exercise differently, etc. I even did a little bit of the Wendy plan last week and lost 3.2 so maybe that is a thought...you are doing so good and you will lose..its coming..I feel it!

Misty-Sorry you missed your meeting...good that you don't like the Thanksgiving thing...that will help! I scheduled for the rest of my root canal be done today at 3:30 so I wouldn't feel like eating tomorrow Funny huh?

Had a great OP day yesterday and am just hoping to do well tomorrow....gotta just keep portions under control and I will be fine. I am making a WW desert so it won't be so bad. My mother in law is excited b/c she is always watching her weight as well. I know I can get through this...I know I can!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #97  

Libby lol about the root canal that is smart girl!

Misty I am eating most of flex points but none of AP points.

Right now I am going to stay the same course well mostly screwed up yesterday went to Texas road house because on Tuesdays they havd99cent Margueritas and well I enjoyed two of those bad boys but feel a whole lot better today. I used up 19 flex points not to smart with tomorrow being Thanksgiving but I won't be mad this week when I don't lose. This week I will deserve it. Did still do all my exercising today and yesterday. I even subbed today so that is huge. Got up at 5:00 to get it all in..

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving my sistas!
I count each and every one of you as a huge blessing!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #98  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool Hello?

Is there anyone out there?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #99  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hullo Kitty!

I'm just passing through. It's a wet and cold afternoon here in Wales and I'm supposed to be working. I've just had a bowl of spinach and lentil soup and now I'll get back to it.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #100  

Hey everyone!!

How was Thanksgiving? Mine was good. I didn't get to eat dinner b/c Josh's Aunt insisted that my son use this Antique highchair. Which was fine except the plate was bigger than the tray. So I had to hold his plate and try to keep him form fliging food and grabbing her curtains. I was tucked way back in a corner. By the time he ate and I got him cleaned up they had cleaned up all the food except dessert. I treid soooooooooooo hard not to eat it. But I was starving. So I had half a peice of my daughter's cake, and half a piece of the cheese cake I brought. Then later I had two cookies and two mountain dews. So that was 20 points, 20 unsatisfying points. I was still hungry when I got home.

Then we went shopping yesterday. Usually I try to avoid black Friday but at the last minute we decided to go so DH could get a tree stand for deer hunting. I ended up over eating at dinner. I should have made a better choice. Then DD was so bad in the last store I was so stressed out I bought and ate a snickers bar...king size! She was so horrible, she spit at me and kicked me! OH I WAS SOOOOO MAD!!!! What do you do with a two year old like that? Seriously, she is so mouthy and nasty sometimes. She says "don't talk to me like that you bad girl!" Which I say the don't talk to me like that part, but NEVER the bad girl. She will hold her hand up and say "Don't look at me!" Oh she has a mouth! I can handle the hitting and kicking stuff and know how to disaplin for that, but what do you do with a mouth like that? DH told me to smack her! Somedays its' tempting!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! Dh is off for the next week. I like to have him home but in another sense I can't stand it. So we'll see if I can avoid the emotional over eating that usually accompanies his time off.

I did an hour of exercise today. My plan is to keep my points a bit lower than usual to make up for how far I am over and to exercise. Probably, not the best way, but it's getting so close to x-mas and I haven't really put in much effort.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #101  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Ah, Misty, the usual holiday freak show, huh?

Not really, but you know how the holidays and families can be. I got to sit this one out. Just me and DD home this time for Thanksgiving. I was having so much back pain on Wed & Thurs that I was miserable. So I put a ham in the oven and said "here ya go!!" We snacked around and had sandwiches and stuff. DD made a banana split cake yesterday. (So yummy & no, you can't have the recipe!!! ) Well, unless you REALLY want it. But you will be doing this for a long time to work it off...

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Love ya, Sistas,
Old 11-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #102  

LOL Yeah got to love the holidays! Kitty I hope your back is feeling better. Your cake sounds soooooooooooooo good. I won't ask for the recipe b/c I know I would over do it LOL. I have some pumkin in the fridge that I need to use up. I was thinking maybe pumpkin cookies. But I haven't yet b/c I am afraid I will eat ALL of them!

DD is being a total pill today and I really want to unwind with a bowl of icecream! DH had to help his dad and has been gone for 4 hours. He just came in. So that left me alone with the two little ones. Not usually a problem but my daughter is in rare form. Both kids are sick and have been for over a week. I think it has just worn them out. Plus they know Daddy is around here somewhere and neitehr want anything to do with me. Real self esteem booster LOL.

Well, I should go get the kdis ready for bed, since DH is in the shower now. Must be nice to shower without two kids tearing apart the bathroom while you try to hurry. LOL. Anyway, I amy try to treadmill. Or I may not LOL. Hvae a great night!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #103  

Hey ladies...just have a moment but wanted to say hi...had a great Thanksgiving..didn't eat too much...and had to WI on Sat. and even had a loss of -.4lb...got my 15 lb star and felt pretty good about the whole thing.

Misty-I am going through the whole 2 year old thing with DD too..she also has a smart mouth and it drives me nuts...We threaten the naughty spot like Super Nanny..that is seeming to work better now.

Hope you all are doing well..Oh and Luflic-The margaritas sound fabulous..who knows..you might have shook up your metabolism
Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 AM   #104  

Marcie-I haven't seen the Super Nanny. Tell me more about the naughty spot...PLEASE! This is how bad it is.... I am bribing her with an M and M if she will do what I ask. I am tired of yelling, time out has zero effect on the mouth. So I threaten to throw away an m and m if she has a nasty mouth and I will give her one if she is polite or picks up or whatever. How bad is THAT!!! I can't help but think that this is obviously setting her up for an emotional link to food and a life time of weight issues. I tried stickers but she doesn't care about them. She too young to really reason with. Any tricks or advice would be awesome! The kid is too smart for her own good. And mine!

I ended up eating a HUGE bowl of WW cereal last night even after I was out of points. I feel so unsatisfied lately. Not sure if it's head hunger or real hunger. I am stressed, but who isn't you know? I am back up two pounds according to my home scale. It's depressing. I may just jump in and do core. I am scared not to count though. I bought WW cereal but it doesn't say if it's core or not. I would assume no, but they have a little ditty on the back about how flex works and core works. I could live on cereal. Not a good thing I know.

Well I guess the kids I watch will be here at 6, or at least one of them. So I better run. Have a greta day everyone!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #105  

Misty--You might like switching to Core just to give your body a change of pace. I tried it for 1 week and it wasn't a great plan for me. This is mostly (I think) because I'm a vegetarian and I eat peanut butter, other nut butters, a fair amount of whole grain bread and low fat cottage cheese. Not realistic to count those only from the 35 weekly points. So I've been sticking with Flex since the beginning (I joined May 2004). It worked for the weight loss, was hard in the initial maintenance (I gained back several pounds before I really stabilized). Now it's still what I use but I'm tweaking the points from time to time. I was able to eat 30 daily as long as I exercised pretty intensely. Lately that turned out to be too many points so I'm cutting back until I lose about 3-4 pounds.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Closed Thread