Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:02 AM   #31  

Hi Everyone!

No layoffs here at the job yet. Should be tomorrow or Monday. How would you like to lose your job on Friday the 13th? I don't believe I will be let go but you never know.

Robin- I can't believe your baby is almost 2! I remember when you dropped off the site for a while to have him. How time flies. How was the movie Cats & Dogs? Our local movie reviewer hated it. We'll problably see it since there aren't that many kid movies out there. We saw Atlantis this weekend. I thought it was pretty good but the kids got scare a little. Sounds like your MIL visit went well. That's always a relief.

I'm looking forward to our trip to Florida next month. Of course my Outlaws are being a pain. DH and I want to take the kids to Disney and then go visit my niece and her family. We want my Outlaws to go with us so they have more time with the kids but of course they don't want to do that. Now if we hadn't asked them to join us they would complain. My MIL said she didn't want to go to Disney World because of the heat. SHE MOVED TO FLORIDA BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO LIVE WHERE IT IS WARM. Now she is complaining that they won't get to see the kids that much. We'll be spending the last 3-4 days of our trip with them. The Outlaws can be such a pain sometimes!

Jessica is on our new community swim team this summer. She has competed 3 times with the kickboard. It's cute watching those little kids making their way down the pool. She cut almost a whole minute from her time last night compared to last Saturday. We're very proud of her working so hard ( and having great fun)

Talk to you later

Laurie
Old 07-17-2001, 03:42 PM   #32  

Default LAYED OFF

Hi Everyone,

Well I did get hit with the layoffs yesterday. Where is everyone? Let me know where you are. I'll write more later.

Laurie
Old 07-18-2001, 01:26 AM   #33  

laurie...so sorry to hear you were layed off...where did you work?
are you still on the meridia? how is it working for you?

i emailed theresa and asked if it would be okay for me to crash the ww women helping women thread that her, cindy and lynn are all now posting on...not much action on bm lately...maybe you should come on over to.

good luck with lay off

robin
Old 07-18-2001, 07:04 AM   #34  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning,

Laurie-I'm sorry to hear about your layoff. What are your plans now? Have fun in Florida and stand your grounds when it comes to your outlaws.

Robin-we haven't seen your post on WHW----there are 2 WHW we are on the one under W.W.

I'm leaving today for our mission trip to Nicaguara and will be back next wednesday.

yall be good while I am gone.

cindy
Old 07-18-2001, 10:06 AM   #35  

cindy - you be careful down there! i haven't posted yet, been busy getting my newsletter done...just finished it last night. i haven't found the time to read all the posts for the last day or so..will try to do that today and then post on whw...

take care of yourself, use lots of bug spray!

robin
Old 07-18-2001, 10:44 AM   #36  

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your well wishes regarding the layoff. After talking to some of the people remaining, I think I might be in a better position than they are. I'm taking the kids to my sister's house next week. So my job search will really begin the week of July 30th.

Cindy - have a safe trip and come back a new woman!

Robin- I'll look up the new thread also but I don't want to lose this one. We've been together for so long.

I'll write more later. See ya!

Laurie
Old 07-26-2001, 06:44 PM   #37  
LIFETIMER

Laurie, I got home last night, EXHAUSTED!!! I have been sleeping most of the day. The trip went well, Rick and the kids enjoyed it and said it was the best trip we have ever taken together. So thats good. The poverty is so horrible there, Its so different seeing it on TV and seeing it in person. Glad to be home, but I could have stayed longer there too. How is the job hunting coming along?

cindy
Closed Thread