Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Week of 10/24

Hellllllllllllllllllllloooooooo Ladies
It's a yucky day here in Jersey and its the beginning of a yucky week BUT! and it's a shrinking but because it's mine!
I'm back OP after over a week of the devour everything in site WOE Its one month until Thanksgiving and I'm going to hit my goal of 177!
come out and Play!
Kierie
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, I was busy and goofing off this morning. It is so cold and windy here in Wisconsin, just plain yucky. Oh and I have a cold! SUCKS!! We leave for vacation next Friday to FL and hope the hurricanes finish their destruction by then!!!! I now here a cold front is moving in. I leave the cold to go to a warm place... it better warm up down there!

My precious Kate was thrown down the stairs last night by our wacked out over zealous dog. She has been totally bizarre lately and last night as we were getting ready to go downstairs and the crazy dog (golden ret.) wacked into her and pushed her right down the stairs. Thankfully hubby just kicked the bean bag down so she landed on that, and she rolled instead of head over heals. She was OK, just very scared. So we were all frazzled about that.

That is about it for me. Have to get something done today before I leave to take the girls to dance!!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Hi all,

I ran my half marathon and now my foot is sore, but asides from that I was sooooo happy to have done it, even though the weather sucked, and our room in Niagara left a lot to be desired. I still had fun though!!

Jen: My brother once fell down the stairs into a pile of laundry. I am glad Kate is okay.

KO: Well my dear, you're doing a fab job on the WL! Congrats!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-25-2005, 09:08 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ali thats great! you must feel so accomplished!
I'm working on getting the exercise back in I was thinking of getting a manual (aka easy to hide from company) treadmill. And I found this table top speed bag I was looking at it suctions to a table
No Coffee this AM so I have a serious case of Draggin Arse. I'm trying to find healthy T-day recipes.
bbl
Kierie
Old 10-25-2005, 01:00 PM   #5  

ok i'm still here lol, didn't fall off the wagon, just had a busy couple of weeks
i lost 2.4lbs last thurs, don't think i'll be weighing in this week, my sister is going on vacation, and i don't want to go alone, my mother in law offered to go with me but she weighs in tomorrow and i'm still trying to lose the pounds i put on over the weekend

oh well maybe saturday.

glad everyones doing so great and there are new faces here !! yey

bet the forums been quiet with out me and my big mouth

kate
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Kate you are doing great (ok I'm a poet )
now I'm saying this as the non WW member I've been one twice one bad meeting one good just ran out of motivation
you are never alone at a WW meeting b/c everyone no matter what size is in the same boat! Go when you want too and if you don't want to face the scale use your get out of jail free card
or step on and we will be for you!
Now question:
I am trying to pack my chili with more veggies Fun veggies (in the fall winter salad doesn't really happen)
any ideas
My newest addition is Okra
BBL
Kierie
Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #7  

KO - you can add peppers, all different kinds. Different kinds of beans, not just kidney/chili. Some people add corn, but that is a higher carb veggie.

Kate - Yah on the loss. It really has been quiet here lately!! Coincidence?????? Hmmmm. Tho I have been lonely!!

I haven't weighed this week. Too much stress, too little time. I really don't know how I get anything done. My Emma is turning 5 and her party is Friday night. Her first real party and there will be family and kids there. Too many people to figure out what to do with. We are having it at a pizza place, but I need things to do with the kids. Since they are in the 5's, I am trying to do non competitive games so no one feels bad. They get to decorate their own birthday hats, and I have a cardboard castle playhouse that they get to color. Any other ideas????
Old 10-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Kierie: I too am thinking of getting a treadmill. I don't mind running outside in the winter, however it's good for the cold/wet really slippery days!!

Jen: Good Luck with the party, I can't believe your daughter is 5! I remember when you were posting here after she was born..

Kate: Don't be too scared to WI after a bad food week, they happen to everyone... even leaders. Anyhoo, I don't think I've met you yet so hello! Nice to *meet* you! I am 28, engaged and work for the Canadian government (I am not at work right now, I have an appt this morning).

Wow I've been posting on this thread for 5 years now!!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LOL Ali I had the same reaction OMG EMMA's 5! I remember when she was in Jen's Belly
how are the wedding plans going?
Jen do you have a room to yourselves in the Pizza parlour? if so little kids love to dance you could put some music on also maybe hopscotch? or if you want more quiet fun (and you probably want a quiet alternative) Maybe the craft store would have something fun and age appropriate?
Today my boss is bringing in Donuts and Bagels (KRYPTONITE) But I will resist! I'm down 2 from gaining a post funeral 5 so I should be back on track by next week.
bbiab
Kierie
Old 10-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #10  

KO - yes, we have a private room. Never thought of hopscotch. I was thinking of buying some of those little individual Lego sets and letting each child build something and they get to keep it. 5 year olds are good with losing, so I don't want anything competitive. I figure once they goof around for awhile, eat, goof around some more, open gifts and then play on the quarter rides (I am paying for some rides)... it should be time to go! I worry too much!

Oh and the pizza is AWESOME! It is 50's themed local joint. They have the best super crispy thin crust pizza. Just awesome!! Not diet friendly at all, but then again, neither is Mc D's!! I would rather have pizza!

My life turned super stressful. My brother has a learning challenged child who is becomming emotionally unstable and violent tendancies. He is 7 and was just taken out of school because the school feel their is a safety issue. My brother works here with me and has spent the last 3 months barely at work, but still getting paid full time. I feel bad for his situation, but my problem is that the work isn't getting done, yet we can't afford to hire anyone else because we are still paying him. And I am now stuck with trying to figure all this mess out. His son won't be allowed back in school until Dec. 1, if he passes an evaluation. It is crazy. My SIL works PT, yet doesn't want to take any time off because she says she can't advance in her job then, even tho her boss understands. Because we are family, it is assumed we can bend.

Sorry for the vent, it has just been hard on me! 2 weeks was one thing, but this is 3 months now and they aren't reaching out for help or assistance in this!

OK, I have a meeting now. Sorry for the vent!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jen-L Lego was my next suggestion I'm 29 and I love Lego
As for you Brother and SIL that is very hard. If she worked full time (and had salary parity) I could understand her not wanting to risk her career, But Come on your company needs your brother's work done family or not.
It's been a long few months hon feel free to vent whenever you feel the need
Kierie
Old 10-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #12  

I meant to say that 5 year older AREN'T good at losing!!

KO - going to run out at lunch and look for Legos. Who doesn't like Legos!!!! Great minds think alike!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Sorry to be mia, I had my ultrasound on Monday. Couldn't see anything but a yolk sac, so either I ovulated a week late, or I will probably m/c. I am waiting for a appt at the hospital for an appt next week to find out more. So I am not good company. I will probably be in lurk mode til I know something for sure. Don't mind me, just a pity party.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Flower I'll be keeping you in my prayers lady!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:44 PM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Flower you have every right to be wanting to do a pity party. I am sorry, and hope that it all turns out.

Jen, yikes that is a tough one being family and all. Has anyone had a talk with him about him taking steps to get help? Because does he think that he can indefinetly stay off work and get paid? It is sad that his son has problems, no one should have to deal with problems such as that.

well off to do some work...
later ladies
Closed Thread