Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #1  

Default December/Christmas Challenge anyone? All Are WELCOME!!

I think we need a challenge!!!! I was gonna call it Slimmin our way down Santa Claus Lane, but didn't want to until I knew if we all celebrated Chirstmas

Whether you have a number goal, or a workout goal, or an area you are struggling with and want to focus on you can join in! I feel like having small milestones and timelines helps me stay focused. Whether I make that exact goal or not I need to focus on a smaller segment of my over all goal to make it feel more attainable.

So Sistas lets give ourselves something nice this year...Slimmer bodies and healthier lives!!!! It's a great gift to those we love too!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #2  

I would love to participate and finally lose the 15lbs that I have leftover from baby #2 (who is now 9 mo so no excuses).
My plan is to work out on my treadmill or fit tv 4x week and keep my cals under 1400.

My biiihiiig problem and what has been impeding my weight loss is nightime eating aka binging. I spend my time eating while watching tv after the kids are in bed and I just don't know how to stop doing that. The little voice inside me just takes me by the hand toward the fridge.

I am going to make an extra conscious effort to not follow that pattern tonight and see how it goes.
Usually, if I manage to be good one night, it gets easier the next day...lets just hope.

I just hope 3fc had chat for those moments when one needs extra support.

Good luck all !
Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #3  

Ellasmom2-WELCOME!!!

That snacking gets me too! What I do is plan for it. Alot of people try just not eating, and for many it may work. For me what I do is plan a snack (alot of times it's FF SF icecream), set side my points and allow myself that snack. Somedays it's hard to limit myself to just that one snack but as I have made it a habit I am doing much better. My theory is don't fight it reinvent it! I think 3FC has a chat. I never use it so not sure. But if you use yahoo messenger, they have a weightloss chat room and the people thier may be supportive. Also, I coem here. I read or post or whatever just to not eat. Or alot of teh time I just go to bed. If I find I can't stop snacking and teh kdis have crashed I just go to bed.

I have been doing a challenge for some weeks now in the Dr. Phil thread so I am gonna keep the same goals (the weight goal was more realistic when I started in liek AUGUST! But I am still aiming for that)

1) reach 180. I have 19.5 pounds to go and about 9 weeks to do it...ouch!!! but I iwll try to get as close to it as I can.
2) exercise 30 minutes 4 times a week, I count two workouts in one day as 2 workouts toward my week's goal. It's working for me so i'm doing it that way even if it's not perfect.
3) This is a new one I'll be focusing on here since I think I am the only WW in my other challenge save my flex points for the weekend (eceptions This Friday my anniversary, and Thanksgiving). It worked well for me this weekend I am gonna see if I can follow through.

Come on Sista's Let's push each other to reach our goals whatever they may be!!! How many pounds can we lose my Chirstmas? I think we should keep a tally as a group. Do we want to give our challenge a fun name? I liekd my first idea of SLimmin' our way down Sats Claus lane, but if you have better ideas that would be cool!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM   #4  

My goal seriously is to persevere and keep on even though I am in a plateau. I have lost 30 pounds numerous times and plateau at this number for some weird reason and then I always give up. Not this time sista I am going to persevere. I committ to exercising faithfully six times a week and staying at point level. If the pounds come off is out of my control. I am with you though I want to be healthier and fitter in 2006!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #5  

I'm going for 20 lbs by Christmas...love your name Misty for the challenge. This is just what I need! It will be a great followup to my Thanksgiving Day Challenge. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Misty!
Closed Thread