Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #61  
Susan

Evening,

Hope everyone had a fun day! Mine was great My outing was a hoot!!! My girl was thrilled I was there and she was so cute. I came home about 4:45 and I was exhausted. Pat had band tonight and I stayed home. Shortly after he left I took an hour nap and woke up in a fog. Oh, I've been invited over to their house for Halloween and then they want to come here Pat's band play next weekend.

Tracy, welcome to the group. You'll love our group if I say so myself. You are off to a great start.

Tina, we might have to take a trip to help change the minds of the people who own that house......

Tammy, you know we will be there in a flash! I'm sorry they changed their minds. Maybe they will have a change of heart.

Mimi, now don't work too hard!!!! How many clients do you have?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #62  

Hi Susan. Thanks for the warm welcome. I think these sites help alot for success.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #63  

Susan, I'm sure the little girl was absolutely thrilled to see you!!! Kids are so funny when they see their teachers, aren't they?

Tina, I've never been to SF. Maybe you could take me the next time since you didn't bring me a gift.

More house news. lol When the realtor called and said the couple had decided not to sell, she told us about a house (1/2 double) that was right next door to the first one. We went through it yesterday. It is bigger than the single house, and we like the floor plan much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this one needs paint and maybe new carpet, but we can handle that (as long as we hire someone to do the painting.). We put in a bid yesterday afternoon, and our realtor should get back with us soon. This one is a bit cheaper than the first one too. Maybe it's a good thing the couple decided not to sell.

I was talking to a couple teachers at church this morning. We decided that it is time for a snow day. I don't think we've ever had one this early, but that's ok. lol
Old 10-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #64  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, I can't wait to hear about the house. We could all come up and help do the painting, etc..... Just think how much fun we would have.

It is funny to have your students see you out. Her mom kept saying she thought she was going to school. When I got to their house she grabbed her back pack. I'm sure I thoroughly confused her!!! She kept staring and smiling at me in the car.

Tina, is it cold there? It's 55 degrees here and wet. It's funny because I'm freezing!!! I keep telling Pat, I think it's gonna snow soon. He just laughs...

Tracy, I checked out your website. I'm so afraid of becoming diabetic. My dad is and so are all of his siblings. My grandmother was too. I'm a carbon copy of my dad (so is Amy... Lil Sis) I'm checking out the diabetic info so I can start eating that way.

Amy, girl you NEED to post! It seems like I haven't talked to you in forever. I miss ya!!!

Mimi, don't work too hard. How are the boys doing?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #65  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
It was so slow getting in here today. Anyone else have trouble?

Susan, I thought I'd freeze this morning. It was colder in the house than outside. We might get down to the high 50's the next few nights. It's 80 degrees right now. Snow--??? what's that? Oh yeah, the white stuff.
Since we had it last Christmas Eve, I doubt we'll see any more for several years.
Tammy, I might be dumb, I don't know what a 1/2 house is. Please explain.... It sounds like this one is a lot better for y'all.

Tracy, keep up the good work.
Sis, please post.
Mimi, are you journaling what you eat? I need to start doing that again.
I see my ob/gyn in 2 1/2 weeks. Yipes! I've got to get with it and lose more before then .
Old 10-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #66  

Susan, that would be so much fun to have everyone help paint. I could sit and supervise. I said after we did all of the painting in this house that I would never do it again.

Tina, the house is a double. There are actually 2 houses, but they are attached. Kind of like a condo type thing. They both have 2 car garages so those help separate part of the house. I could draw a picture on here, but I don't think it's possible. I'm not a very good artist anyway. If we get the house, I could send a picture. HEY! I forgot that we have the digital camera!!!! Wonder how I send things with that? I need to find the instructions.

It is cold and rainy here. I don't like it.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #67  

Tammy; please let us know asap about the house, it seems like things are working out better for you, and yes we should all show up some long weekend for a paint fest I think Tammy lives about 1/2 way between us all ????????
Susan I have about 10 clients right now, one palliative and the rest in various stages.
The boys are doing great, Dan put in a double shift at Arby's today, and Mike has gone to have dinner with the (future) in laws.
He met Alicia's Mom and Dad after work one night this last week with flowers and Champagne, to let them know that he was going to ask Alicia to be his bride. Her Mom cried and her Dad gave him a talk about not being in a hurry and not hurting his daughter. I hope they take their time too.
Tina; I start every day writing it all down then after dinner I just seem to seek out the stuff I know I shouldn't eat. I have thrown out a lot of cookies and crackers lately as well as what makes it into my mouth. I know I can get it under control again, I'll just have to park myself in here in the evening and use two hands to type, then they can't be busy stuffing junk into the mouth.
Tracy; you are doing great and you stopped smoking too FANTASTIC.!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #68  
Thursday Lady

Mimi--that's wonderful about Mike. He did a great thing, talking to her parents. That just doesn't happen these days. You have a good son----two good sons!!
Tammy, the house sounds fabulous. Get those camera instructions out and send us photos.
Susan, I hope you don't freeze tomorrow. The Front is coming in as I type. It's very windy.
Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #69  

Well I did not stop and buy a morning glory muffin this morning. That was a GOOD thing.
I am brushing my teeth tonight right after supper, maybe that will keep me from pecking for the rest of the night.
Stay strong everyone in the face of those halloween treats.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 PM   #70  

We are meeting with our realtor tomorrow to put a bid in writing. The owners pretty much accepted the verbal bid, so they want it in writing (official and all). We should know by the end of the week! Oh my goodness!!!!! Now decisions need to be made.
Important things like wall colors, carpet colors, etc.

Mimi, glad Dan is getting in hours at Arby's. The one where Tim works has sent people home early lately because they are over on hours (or something like that). That is so cool about Mike going to see her parents! Just what is a morning glory muffin?

We usually don't have treats around the house. We never have any visitors since the nieces and nephews are older. We are at the very edge of town where there are no sidewalks, so we don't get any trick or treaters. I made cookies last night. I've eaten two. I think I'm doing great!

It is still cold and rainy.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #71  
Thursday Lady

It's Tuesday, I think.....
Don't you just love the pumpkin smiles!

It's not rainy but it sure is cool. It was in the low 40's last night. We didn't think our furnace was lit and so we were very cold this morning. Larry is going up into the attic tonight and light it if necessary. Brrrrr...... I don't do anything when it's this cold in the house.
I have the windows and doors opened hoping it might let the colder air out.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Recipe request------ does anyone have a good scone recipe? I'm in the mood to cook.
I found a package of red bean mix we bought in New Orleans. That's going to get cooked in the next couple of days. Great taste and a lot of fiber to boot.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #72  

No recipes from me. Sorry!! The red bean mix sounds good right now.

The sun came out this afternoon!!!!!!!! The kids were as surprised as I was!
I didn't make them do a section of a math page, and I told them they "owed me". One of the boys calls out, GROUP HUG!!! Oh my word! 27 little buggers crowding around me to have that group hug. Could you imagine someone walking into my room? lol

The bid is in writing now. Now we have to wait to hear if they accept it. I
Old 10-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #73  
Susan

Hi,

Oh yum!!! I love red beans and rice!!!!! What time is dinner? I do love the smilie pumpkins!!!

Tina, I don't have a scone receipe. I don't know if I've ever had a scone before.

Tammy, where in the world is the school board now? They should see all of the kids giving you a group hug!!!! TOO CUTE... don't you just love those.

Can you believe it's almost November?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #74  
Thursday Lady

Where is everyone???????????

I stepped on the scales this morning and got back off. I still have some vacation weight to lose. PLUS, I have my ob/gyn appt. coming up and I must, I repeat, must lose more of this weight. This is only the third time I've been to this guy. I also need to make a mammogram appt. Busy, busy, busy. It would seem I wouldn't have time to eat.

How is everyone doing? Please post.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #75  
Susan

It has been quiet here! I know what you mean about doctor appointments. I'm going the Wed. before Thanksgiving for my mammogram. I had an eye appointment tday and then on Nov. 9th the ENT. I'll be glad when they are all over with.

NOt much is going on here. Oh wow, I just looked out the window and there is a beautiful sunset. I love our house facing west. I sit and watch them every night and think how each one is the most beautiful!!!!!!!
Closed Thread