Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #64

Glenda: Good for you on the Perfect Day! Just keep going! Sorry to hear about the Lip Problems. Hope she fixes it so its right. She is charging for the screw up is she? It cant make up its mind here if its Fall or Summer. One day. Its in the 80's the Next 95.

Maria: Great news about DH! Least now he gets paid! That Storm sounded bad. Would hate to be camping in that! Glad they made it through!

Off to watch a bit of TV before bed.

Later!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: this is our day for the 'ladies monthly'. A few friends get together once a month for lunch, and since we no longer have difficulties with the 'monthly' we felt it was an appropriate name for our outings. :

Glenda: good for you having a perfect day. I really have a hard time staying within the 22 points. I mostly end up using some of the flex points, and today will be no exception. Tomorrow weigh-in and ???? after our trip. Will have to wait and see.

Slavika: Sorry your granddog is having problems with his eye. Poor baby.

Maria: Very nice that your Dh will get paid for something he likes to do anyway. I must confess, that I don't understand a thing about Cricket. I've watched some games, but it is like watching an undecipherable code for me. You web site is nice, for the Cricketeers.

Lily: Thanks for the new thread. You must be wishing you were back in Hawaii about now. We haven't had any big change in the weather as yet. But expect we will soon.

Hi to all you gals I'm off with the ladies. Ann
Old 10-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Well, the yoyo dropped this week aat the weigh-in and I am down 3.2 today. That is .2 less than I went up before. Now If I can just keep the momentum. The funny/sad thing is that I don't know what I did this passt two weeks to make such a difference. But I am definately not complaining. Hope you all are having a great weekend. Ann
Old 10-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #4  

Gotta tell you Ann . When it comes to weight loss it is a toss up. You do the same things day in and day out and the effects are different every week. A big pat on the back to you. You must be somewhat consistant to have that good loss. Good job!
Karen
Old 10-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Woo HOO Ann!
I can do the same thing the next week after a Big Loss and will lose Squatt. I really think our Bodys need to be confused so they dont know whats up.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #6  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Ann well done
3.2#, what a nice weight loss. Good for you!!!

I sure hope that after the exercise I got today puppysitting that I managed to get some weight off. Our son was flying to Toronto on business and dil and grandkids where going to one of those corn mazes around 4:00 and they wanted me to go to their place and let the pups out around 6:30..... I told them they could drop the "hounds" off at our place if they liked and I could get to cuddle them. WRONG!!! WRONG!!! Those two pups are like two children about the age of 2 years. They are of course too young to understand the word NO. When you do yell NO, they look at you with those beautiful big brown eyes...as if to say, "why are you yelling at me?" They chased each other around and around in behind the T.V. (managing to pull the plug out) so the T.V. program that DH was watching went all fuzzy....then, they pulled out the phone cord and the phone was disconnected and fell on the floor and scared the h*** out of them, but they quickly recovered by jumping on their Papa for safety as he was madly trying to protect his face so they wouldn't lick him on his mouth...... it was like some crazy comedy routine with DH laughing and yelling, "call off the hounds, call off the hounds". When one pup finally settles down to rest, the other sneaks up and then pounces, and then the chasing, fighting, biting starts all over again. They each have one of those raw hide bones......but NOOOO, they each want to chew on the SAME one. They end up biting each other on the paw, ear or nose.
I did get down on the floor several times to play with them and by the time dil and grandkids came to pick them up, I could hardly move I was so tired. I never realized just how far down the floor is now that I am older. hee hee I admit it was even more difficult to get up.
We don't have any appointments tomorrow, so I can sleep a little later if I wish. It was fun having the pups here, but it sure is much harder when there are two of them and they both are so young. I did have a dalmation and bichon at the same time, but the dalmation was already a little bit older when we got the bichon.
I enjoyed the evening and so did DH. He went to bed about an hour ago and I think it's time I did too.

Last edited by slavika; 10-03-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #7  
Web Nana

We are back. What a wonderful weekend, weather (warm, clear, no wind), company (chatty), food ( just enough). DH got to swim every day and yesterday he was in and out about 5 times. l had to go to the edge of the porch to semaphore (sp?) to him that it was lunch time. The water was about 67 deg. and very calm which helped and no wind meant that when you come out you don't turn into an immediate icicle. My friend and I did the usual.....talked up a storm and we did go to the local mall for a short trip. My friend has been having a problem with Plantar Fasciitis and can only walk for short periods of time. I was able to let her off right by the store and then pick her up again to cut out a lot of walking.
I have got unpacked and supper is started and I think that tomorrow sounds just about right for doing the laundry.

Slavika: Your pups sound like a handful but fun. You will notice that they will calm down in a couple of years if they are like DD#2's Chocolate Lab.

Ann: Kudos for the weight loss. You must be doing something right!!!

OK---I can't remember what everyone else wrote. That's normal! Need to go and finish the supper preparations. Tired tonight, I think it was all that sea air. But I'll take it every time.

Gloria
Old 10-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Gloria, that sounded like a wonderful weekend. You know, part of the fun of this board is getting to know people who are in very different locations. There are always different things that you do that are just because you are in your location. That is always so interesting. Anyway, I cannot even begin to imagine putting my body in 67 degree water. Your husband is tough!

Slavika, the pups sound like so much fun. I bet the grandkids are enjoying them. Are they house dogs? They are just like 2-year-old kids, wanting the same toy. I remember buying toys and getting even different colors. Wrong! I soon learned to get the very same color for kids anyway. And you are right about that floor thing--it just keeps getting further and further down. Do you remember being able to jump up IN THE MIDDLE of the floor?

Where are you guys?
Glenda
Old 10-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Those Puppies sound so cute! They do sound like a Handful tho! Love puppies. I know what you mean about getting on the floor and then getting back up. Hubby laughs at me

Gloria: Your weekend sounded like it was lots of fun. Glad you had a great time!

Later!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #10  
Net browser

Hi Glenda

Yes the beagles are house dogs. They will be about 20# and 13" tall at the shoulder when they are full grown.
They will have the run of the house excluding the third floor where the bedrooms are as my poor dil is allergic to fur faced critters and needs a reprieve at least when she is sleeping.
Her dad brought home a dog when she was around 13 years old, so she knew she was allergic then, but feels it's not that bad as long as she is not sleeping in the same room as them.
Lily you would just love those little pups. When they see me their whole body seems to wiggle and they are so excited.
DH saw the doctor today, blood test was good, and he said DH will only have to come in once every two weeks now for a blood test instead of twice of week. YIPPEE!!!!
Good night everybody.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #11  

G'day everyone,

I am still here but have been very busy with all sorts of things.....
Enjoyed all the emails.
Hope to post a bit more over the weekend.

Stay happy and well,

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Hi All: There is just nothing newsworthy to report from here. We are getting some much needed rain. Today I went out between showers and clipped a bush or two, and pulled some weeds. How exciting is that?:
I had thought to go to the pool, but now I hear rain on the roof, so that is out, I guess.

This a.m. after Curves, and DH session at Physical therapy we went over to church and did a job of label sticking on lots of packages of microwave popcorn. I think we did about 10 cases, 28 in a case. We are getting these ready to put into a doorhanger sleeve, with information about our church and a DVD with photos of different aspects of the church and school The label starts with something like 'Just poppin by' and then goes on with a bit of explanation. There are so many new housing developments going up around here. The projection is that in 5 years the population of Haines City will increase by about 35,000. Hence the door hangers.

So that's it for today. Ann
Old 10-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #13  

G'day everyone,

Boy it is difficult getting used to have a husband at home full time
My normal routine is way out of whack and I have also been a bit miserable with some really bad hayfever
We have done a lot since he has been home, we have bought our off road camper trailer, ds and d-i-l have bought a house, babysitting Matilda and also some paid work.
Our front garden is looking a picture again and will look even nicer when all the plants start to grow and flower.
This morning I convinced dh to go and buy himself an IPod, that will hopefully keep him busy to download all the music we have. It holds 10 000 songs so that should keep us toe tapping whilst we are in the Outback this coming winter.
Next week we are off to Melbourne to help our dd and her husband to shift into their 'new' place they bought. The whole house needs to be painted and carpets ripped up etc. etc. Hopefully I will be over the worst of this hayfever.

I have enjoyed everyones posts, you are doing so well in the weight loss department Ann, good for you.

Hopefully I will get back into my old routine soon......

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #14  

Maria, My Aunt's definition of retirement was twice as much husband only half as much money. But you will adjust to having him full time in time. After SIL left we had to make that adjustment too. With her here she was kind of like a buffer. I think. Then she was gone. All in all it's a good thing to have a husband full time. You'll see.

Ann I know we needed the rain but was not a happy camper . The clouds were so low I think that is why I had a headache 3 days in a row. Yuk!! Have you been to the new Kohl's store in Lakeland? We are going today. I am excited. I love Kohl's

Have decided to get out of my funk and get on with my life. Slavika's happier e-mail was a big help. Thanks

There was an e-mail about pet peeves. Mine is spending good money for a casual Tee shirt. One tha covers my belly area and having it shrink up at least 4 inches. The shirt still fit's. But I don't like them so short. I do not have a bellybutton ring to show off!!!!

Bought sewing machine last week and made over some curtains that I bought about 30 years ago in Germany. Now they are in my kitchen and look beautiful. Am planning to make some shirts that don't shrink also. Need to find some fabric I like first. Want to get some light weight denim for pants also.

Well need to go change clothes. Still in my walking clothes. Need to put on shopping clothes.

Bye
Karen
Old 10-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #15  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

I keep forgetting to mention to you all that Trudy has not left planet earth. Her sil took her computer to try and make more room in it for her. I sure miss her emails.
Well I finally got back on the treadmill this morning. First time in a LONG time. I am hoping that between WW, the treadmill and my size 12 swimsuit (that I bought last year when we were planning our trip to Maui) hanging on the door to the TV room that I get this weight off. My swimsuit is a size 12 but this body of mine isn't. Why does it all the weight have to settle right on my tummy. I would look so much better if it was distributed all over my body. You know, a little bit here, and little bit there. I don't really have much of a butt, some would look good there. Oh woe is me....my "bosom" is nearly DOWN to my waist or else my waist is nearly UP to my bosom. You don't really hear the word "bosom" anymore unless you are reading some old romance novel. I wonder why?
Here's an address where you can go can put in your weight etc and see what your body looks like, but better still you can put in your goal weight and see what you would look like AFTER you lose the weight.
www.mvm.com
DH is doing great but continues to get "hives". The doctor's have taken him off the antibiotics he was on thinking that was causing the hives, but now I don't think so. They are really strange too. It seems they come, and then a few hours later, that batch is gone and a new batch has come. We have tried to think if something else could be causing these hives, like laundry detergent, or the dove body wash, different foods, but we haven't changed anything. They are going to arrange for DH to have a series of tests done to try and pin down what he is allergic to.
Maybe it doesn't matter that he wasn't allergic to anything in the past, maybe he has now developed allergies to something or some foods.
Our family is all out for the day, so we are going to go and "release the hounds". hee hee. Poor little CC has one of those cones on so that she does not scratch her eye. When they brought her home from the vets after her eye surgery, Bagel was actually a little scared of her. Bagel had her tail between her legs and was trying to sniff her sister without actually getting to close. I guess little CC had all kinds of different smells on her and then that cone thing around her head. Bagel soon realized it was her sister and best friend and all is well with them now.
I didn't get the remainder of my tomatoes out of the garden, and the frost has come and killed the plants. It's ok, there were not many left and what was there was just some green ones. The flowers in the flower boxes are all dead now too. Maria your garden is coming to life now an ours is now going to sleep for the winter.
This is our thanksgiving weekend and dil and son are
having us over on Monday for a nice turkey dinner. I will take dessert and anything else they may need. Bye for now.
Closed Thread