Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #1  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Sept 25- Oct 1 Weekly Chat

Hi all~ I can't believe I'm the first one starting this thread today.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get back OP. I haven't been following my plan for a few weeks now- just watching portions and trying to be reasonable about what I eat. My weight hasn't really gone up or down, other than the two pounds it normally floats. (It floats both up and down so I count it as neither a loss or gain when I weigh myself daily.)

However, the last few days have been very stressful, it's my TOM, and.... you can guess the rest. I've been eating like crazy- every fattening thing I've craved, I've eaten. Last night I had a huge plate of fettucini alfredo-- the real stuff, not a light version. Today I've already eaten one of those high-calorie fancy Mc chicken sandwiches, fries, and then later for supper I had a baked potato loaded with fattening toppings. Not to mention the sodas... I'm back up to 3-4 Mountain Dews a day. Ugh!! I've just gone way out of control. Time to get back on track for me!

I wish the rest of you a wonderful week and plenty of motivation to stay on your plans!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  

Man it is quiet here lately! I went to weigh in a day early this week but down one pound so that is good.

Sounds like you are back on track Amy way to go!

Come on sistas post! Missing ya, need your support! Everything is better Together!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #3  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sistas!!

Amy, you can get back on track. Sometimes we just need a break from it. There's no shame in that. We all go there from time to time. Just keep plugging away when you can.

Luflic, I don't know what is the matter with everyone these days. We don't seem to have a lot going on here anymore. Guess everyone gets busy with their life sometimes.

Hope everything is OK with all my other Sistas. C'mon back & start posting.

haven't heard lately from Misty, Izzywas & Izzysgirl just to name a few.

Libbysmom- hope everything is going OK with you after the hurricane. I know you may not have electricity yet, or maybe not even able to get back yet. My thoughts and prayers are with you & yours.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

I've done MUCH better today. I worked out this morning (and almost talked myself out of it, since I didn't get much sleep), and after I eat dinner, I'll still have a couple of points left. I'm making somewhat better choices (I did have a cookie with lunch, but did count it!!).

This weekend just sucked, but I just have to forget about it and move on (my eating is what sucked - both Craig and I were just munching on food ALL weekend, and we weren't even hungry and we both knew it)

So I've recommitted myself and want to do this. I cant let all the work I've done go to waste, and I want to wear my 'sexy butt pants' again

Amy - glad to hear that you are getting back on track too, and I agree with Kitty that sometimes we just need a break.

Hope to see more of you posting!!

~Liz
Old 09-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #5  

Hi, ladies! Sorry I haven't been around much. I had a good weekend at my parents home. My eating was completely off track, but I got a lot of exercise in. My parents joined the local college's gym, so I went with them. They have a good program going--I'm so proud of them!!

Congrats on the loss, Luflic! Good for you! I weighed in tonight, and I remained the same. I'm content with that though--at least the scale didn't go in the wrong direction!!

Amy, you have got to ditch those Mountain Dews, girl!! Mt. Dew is easily my weakest area too. Why does the stuff have to taste so darn good!?! I honestly think drinking Mt. Dew is what caused me to gain my additional weight, so I have a healthy fear of the stuff. I still drink it, but now usually 12 ounces a day (down from my 3-4 can habit). You can do it!!

What type of exercise do you all do? I'm going to start a new program tomorrow--it's called "Couch to 5K." I'm unsure if I can post the link here, but if you google it, you could probably come up with it. It's a running program for people who have never ran before. It starts out really, really slow, and by the end you're able to run a 5K (or about 3 miles). I'm going to try starting it in the morning before work. I know this is stupid, but I'm unsure if it's usually dark out that early!! I planned on checking this morning, but it was raining, so I'm unsure whether it would also be dark on a morning that it didn't rain.

Does anyone like to do exercise tapes? If so, I highly recommend that you check out your local library. I was so surprised that my library has TONS of exercise dvds. Yeah!!

Take care, everyone!!
Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 AM   #6  

Luflic and Kitty-Thank you so much for your prayers...I am now in TN at my parents house and just trying to have some kind of a life. I know I should not complain b/c we have so much to be thankful for...but it is hard not knowing when we can go home. I found a WW meeting here and will go and weigh in on Thursday...I have been totally out of control on my eating since Thursday. I did get back on track yesterday. I went and bought running shoes so I can go and work out at the community rec center today. They are saying it could be 2-3 weeks for our power to come back on. OH LORDY! I am trying to work from my parents house and just pray that I will still get paid. Anyway...enough about me...Amy and Steph-Totally understand about the Mt Dew's...my weakness is Dr Pepper Luflic and Kitty-Congrats on your losses this week..AWESOME!!
Steph-Let me know how the couch5k thing goes...I have heard great things about it. I have been trying to do some running..like 3 min run and 3 walk for 30 min...my knees have been hurting lately though so I have been mixing it up with the elliptical trainer and the bike. I am going to try and get in 45 min today and then some weight training. I haven't been to the gym in a week today..not good. Not sure now when I will be able to get back with my trainer...but as long as I am continuing to do cardio..I think I will be ok. I just pray that I don't gain this week after eating so poorly..it has taken me so long to get on track.
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
Marcie
Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #7  

Marcie, I'm so glad that you checked in and are doing okay. You're certainly in my thoughts!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowasteph2
Marcie, I'm so glad that you checked in and are doing okay. You're certainly in my thoughts!
Same here, Marcie!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #9  

hi all!

I have started about 4 posts that I never actually posted b/c they were too long, too whiney and tooo depressing. Anyway. I injured my foot and ankle, I have two bad sprains in different areas on the same foot. I have a brace and some nice drugs LOL!

I have been on pretty much a two week eating binge and I am fully expecting and ready fo rteh gain. I plan to wear jens. SInce i am gonna gain I might as well add the jeans now. That way I can keep wearing them sinc eI already sucked up teh extra weight if that makes any sens eto any one.

But I am out of time so I will have to read through everything and let you guys know how my weigh in went laters SOrry I can't catch up right now.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #10  

Thanks you guys for the sweet words!!
Misty-I am sooo sorry about your foot...I wish you a quick recovery!!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #11  

O Oh no Misty how awful! We sure missed you here. Please never think you can't post. That is why we are here even when people are telling us depressing stuff makes my life look better just kidding hope you know, but please always post! Know exactly what you mean about the blue jeans they say they way three pounds don't know if that is true when i go to weigh in i wear my lightest clothes.

I am going to that 5k site thanks for giving that. I will check it out. I went to the library today and got a tape called yogalides so i will let you know how it is. I was shocked how many dvds and tapes are at the library also what a great free resource! Need to just use it now

Way to go lizzyg and Amy back on program

maggie you ok girl?

So glad you are safe Marcie and you are justified in your feelings now. don't beat yourself up glad you are still working out you will get there! We all will might not be tomorrow but guess what keep plugging along and tomorrow we will be thinner than today not much but something
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #12  

Thanks luflic...you are right...its better than me just sitting here on my rear end, eating everything in site..going out partying with my old friends...and eating at every bad restaurant I love!! Went to the grocery store after working out and stocked up..now I am prepared and it feels so good. I think I had a sense of panic when I wasn't in control of what was in my families fridge. Feel good now and back on track 100%. Maybe just maybe I can salvage that weigh in on Thursday!! Hope they will let me weigh in..I did not bring my weigh in book. Wonder how I can prove to them I am a member? I have everything in my purse but that little booklet showing my weight and each week I weighed in. Maybe they will understand considering the circumstances. The Rec Center would not let me pay to work out. They were so generous. People are really amazing in times of emergency. God Bless all the wonderful caring people in this world.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #13  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Still here, Luf! Thanks for asking! Actually, I'll be on a business trip in Kissimee, Fla., from ths afternoon 'til Saturday night. Have to leave for the airport in a few hours. Not sure what the Internet hookups will be like, so I don't know how often I can check in. If you don't hear from me, don't worry. It's not because I've done myself in with a creme brulee torch or anything. I hope I can spend some of this time away getting myself in a better state of mind for WW. I'll miss you guys!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #14  

Marcie thanks for posting that people are being nice to you. Good to hear that there are some wonderful people in time of crisis. Way to go stocking up the fridge with your "foods". It is hard for me also when I feel I don't have control especially when husband is driving hee hee

Maggie have a great business trip. Do you work with food all the time?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 PM   #15  

I hope your trip goes well, Maggie.

I missed last week, but I watched the first episode and also last night. I really wanted the guys to win. Most of those women seem so catty.

It made me think of myself last night. I can eat fine when I buy my groceries, and dh and I eat at home. It's when we go to a new restaurant that I almost get nervous---like what am I going to eat?!? One of our friends asked us to go out for supper and drinks on Friday night, and I'm frightened! I don't want to go out for drinks....all I can think about are the empty calories in beer and such. This whole trying to lose weight thing has turned me into a no-fun loser! Any thoughts?

Luflic, are you going to do the 5K thing? If so, we can tell eachother our stories and progress and keep eachother motivated!!

Did they let you weight in Marcie?
Closed Thread