Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Good morning!

Good morning, Sistas! I hope all of you on the coast of NC are faring well!

I'm so excited! As many of you know, I am gearing up for my 40th birthday in October and just cannot wait! I am taking the whole week off to celebrate (I never celebrate my birthday). Well, last night I made the decision to really do things for me that week and I have scheduled an appointment to have LASIK surgery done! I have wanted it for years and am in need of new glasses, so I'm going to do it! Now, first I have to have a pre-screening appt to make sure I'm a candidate, but I'm very excited!

I got up this morning and found that I have lost a pound! WOOHOO! My scale is moving again!

But best of all, my husband, who has been down in New Orleans guarding power trucks, is coming home on Sunday! We have missed him so much! He missed our anniversary and was supposed to be gone 16 weeks, but the power company is packing up and heading home, so he is on his way, too. At least he isn't going to miss all that we thought he was (his birthday, our son's birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, most of marching band season...)

I hope you are all doing well and please post on here about all the great things you have going on right now! I want to hear all about my wonderful sista divas!

Hugs!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:12 AM   #2  

Diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

That is awesome!!!! I really want LASIK, but I am scared about the procedure and teh cost. You will definatley have to keep us posted. I am so gla dto hear your husband will be able to come home soon! DOes that mena things are getting better down there? I honestly haven't kept up b/c all my computer time is when I check in here and the images on teh news freak the kids out so I rarley watch it. Anyway, I am so glad your husband is safe and home soon. I hope you have a fabulous birthday week!!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hooray Diva!! You have so much good news this morning! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm so excited for you that your husband is coming home! And LASIK surgery is the best birthday present! I hope you're a candidate. I'm not. My eye doctor told me that I'd have to have a different kind of procedure, one that actually inserts a micrscopic contact lens into the eye by laser, rather than just reshaping the cornea by laser. The procedure I'm eligible for is much more expensive and ends up taking more time (you have to wait three to six months between procedures on each eye). But I'm so fed up with glasses and contacts that I'm willing to have all that on my plate.

Keep us all posted on everything you mentioned as good news this morning! I hope your day continues to be good!

~Amanda
Old 09-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  

Congratulations!! I'm so glad that you have good news to share with us. I'm also not a candidate for LASIK, which was incredibly disappointing to me. I have HORRIBLE eyesight (like -11 in both eyes), and they said that the amount that they would need to correct my eyes combined with the size my eyes dilate to, I'd have lots of problems. Your husband will be home soon PLUS you lost a pound. Great news!!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #5  

Wow I am not a candidate for lasik either. I was sedated and already to roll when they found I had keratoconis spelling I am sure is wrong. But hope you get to have it! One needs to celebrate 40 ! Go sista so glad your hubby will be back.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #6  

Diva-I am so happy that your husband is coming home. I know he misses you as much if not more after this experience. What a great Bday present huh? I hope that you are a candidate for the surgery. My husband has terrible eyesite and I am really trying to get him to look into it...but it just scares him. I can understand that though...great job to you for going for it! I hope you have a fabulous 40th! AND WEIGH TO GO ON THE -1 lb!!

I don't have much to share other than I am just taking it one day at a time. I have a long way to go....BUT I will do this!!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #7  
THICK and tired of it

Diva, you are one cool sista! I LOVE that you're celebrating yourself for your birthday- and why not stretch it out the whole week? You deserve it!! I will celebrate you too because I am so glad you are in this world and in this forum!

WOOHOO!!!!!

My good news is that I am a candidate for a work-for-hire position with a small local press to- drumroll please- WRITE A BOOK! Holy moly, publishing credit on my CV? GREAT! So keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm also submitting a few articles to this Encyclopedia of American Literature (a small, crappy press, but more publishing credit anyway) and getting a paper ready for presentation at the MnSCU conference in Minneapolis in October. Things are really rolling for me professionally, I can hardly believe it.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:50 PM   #8  

Thumbs up

congratulationscongratulationsCongratulations
You should be feeling very proud of yourself! I sure am! Go Sista
Closed Thread