Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 07:02 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Talking TFI Friday - Daily Thread

Good morning, good morning (just about)!!!

I've resurrected the photo thread, found a really, really nasty before photo of me for you, now none of my after photos will fit, so Kirsty is working on resizing them for me because she's LOVELY so hopefully one will go up later on today ... I can't leave you all with that HORRID picture of me. You'll have nightmares (I certainly will! ) Everyone who hasn't posted piccies yet, DO IT!!!

Back later,

Lxxx
Old 06-15-2001, 07:05 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs up OOPS

Forgot to post a poll ... Never mind, next time. SORRY
Old 06-15-2001, 07:05 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default i've finished!

hey lolly,
i think i've resized them, so do give them a go! if they still aren't right then dunno what to do. does anyone know how to put all the images onto one image? or at least 2 onto the same file?
i took my expensive jacket back this morning. so at least i won't get a huge credit card bill next month.
time for me to work. speak to y'all later,
kirsty
Old 06-15-2001, 07:07 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default instead of a poll

we could always set a question/topic for discussion?
today could be: are you jealous of people that are slimmer than you? do you think they are happier/have a better life?
Old 06-15-2001, 07:24 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default phototastic!

Don't forget to check out Lolly's amazing transformation on the photo thread.
and don't forget to add your pictures!
Old 06-15-2001, 07:29 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi K, thanks for resizing the photos - I went a bit mad and posted all of them, so apologies in advance to anyone who has trouble downloading the photos thread (or who gets fed up looking at my face !) BTW - they're a bit small and fuzzy to see my face properly, but I would say the avatar is the best likeness. And my sister told me that her boyfriend (who I met for the first time last Sunday) told her that I am much prettier than in my photos!! I like hearing things like that

Now ... am I jealous of people who are slimmer than me? hmm ... I would say instinctively yes, but only in a very general way. I don't look at individual people and desperately want to be like them, and I def don't think slim people have better lives or anything like that, but I do wish I hadn't been so susceptible to bad habits, bad choices etc and let myself get so out of control. For whatever reason, people who are 'naturally' slim haven't done that, and I think that's what I'm jealous of. Does that make sense???

Last edited by Lollybird; 06-15-2001 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:32 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

makes complete sense. i am jealous of someone that doesn't have to struggle with their weight and can eat "what they like". usually though, slim people don't eat vast amounts of food, they are just better at choosing what and when and how much to eat. although some folk just naturally have a higher metabolism...
hopefully through WW, we will become "naturally" slim and not have to think about it. but, boy does that take time!
Old 06-15-2001, 07:42 AM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Exactly! I watch my skinny friends and see what they do when we go out for coffee/ to eat etc. They just get what they fancy and if they don't fancy anything they don't have anything (I have a big problem not buying cakes in a cake shop!) and they stop eating when they're full (currently working on that one...). I am TOTALLY jealous of people who have that innate ability, and sometimes I wonder what exactly it is that means I don't ...
Old 06-15-2001, 07:51 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

and where can i get it?!
Old 06-15-2001, 09:05 AM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Friday...my last work day at home for a while

Well, I am back to work on Monday. I am glad to be out of the house but I was really likeing not working. I would like to stay home for a living. Don't know if that is going ot happen.

Lolly: I have not had a chance to download your photos but I am there right after I post this. I am having a hard time posting pictures because my scanner is not working. Blah. I will figure something out. Maybe I will use the web cam.

Kirsty: I once took a jacket back and it was so sad. sometimes I wish I still had it (but I am glad I did not have to pay for it).

On the question, I think when I was younger I felt that thin people were happier. Not any more. I have been both thin and heavy and I have come to realize that happiness is a feeling from within and if I fix that one area of my life but don't concentrate on others I will still not be happy. Does that make sense?

Well, dog needs to go out. Better get going. Trish
Old 06-15-2001, 09:09 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Morning All....

I get jealous of people who stay thin without working at it, but most people who are "naturally thin" as Kirsty pointed out pretty much have all the habits that we're trying to get through our weight loss efforts (as in most thin people I know stop eating when full, share desserts, eat less for the rest of the day if they're having a big meal later on). It's weird, in Ottawa I feel great walking around, but I was in Montreal last night going out to dinner with my best friend at a vegetarian restaurant and so many of the women in Montreal are so thin (as in under a size 4). I am a fairly solidly built person anyway, but I actually felt kind of big there. I should stop comparing myself anyway, I have a ton of muscle and feel really good about that. WEIGHT TRAINING WORKS WONDERS!!!!!

Like Lolly pointed out, I don't dislike people who are naturally slim, but I do envy there habits and stuff. It's just the way we are that we might just always have to work at it more.

Hmmmm there was an undies discussion and I missed it.... hmmmm I am now a thong addict. Jacob has been selling 3 for $10 so I have bought 9 pairs!!!

Also something else I have noticed, it has been VERY hot here in Montreal and Ottawa as of late and I can walk around ALL day in a skirt without my thighs getting chafed and sore.

I have been journalling like made on maintanance since I am really beginning to appreciate what foods are keeping me full and stuff. I have also been keeping tabs on my fat intake. I like peanut butter, but I'll only have at most 1 tbsp a day since it's so fatty. I am trying to keep my calories from fat under 25% overall every day.

I went to a WW meeting in MTL yesterday and I didn't know anyone there, I was getting a few "what are you doing here" stares. That lessened when people discovered I was a lifetime member (that was the lecture topic). One woman talked to me afterwards (also a lifetime member who was back after a time) and says "well you probably didn't have that much to lose right?", she wasn't being rude or anything, but I guess the assumption is is that if you're a young LT member you probablt only had to lose a few pounds. I am glad the leader emphasized that it is the same struggle to lose 10lbs as it is to lose 100lbs. I know I used to resent who I perceived as being slim and thin trying to lose weight, but then I discovered that most people have comfort zones where tehy want there weight to be. Luckily I knew this before I actually started WW so I never really resented the thinner people of the group.

Anyhoo, there's my ramblings I hope everyone is doing well though! t-shirt dresses are REALLY comfy!!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 06-15-2001, 09:14 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Lolly/Kirsty those are great pictures!!!!

Lolly: What a great journal for your weight loss. I LOVE the photo of you and Blokey at the wedding. You are so beautiful and your derss is great! And kirsty, great picture of you and Lolly! What fun to see you both together! I love having the picture thread.

NOw if I could get mine to work.

Ali: I think in part of my mind I will always feel big. and compared to some people I will always be bigger. But you are so right that it is individual comfort zones and YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! Great job on maintainence!

Trish
Old 06-15-2001, 09:59 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Chicks
Lolly you are Gorgeous can i tell you the pic of you in the striped shirt inspires me to no end! If you can do it so can i

Interview peeps still havent called Pardon my stress and acid reflux UGH

Kirsty u shouldnt be a on air meteorologist u should be a model

and most of my friends are naturally thin so i dont get jealous
more aggravated when i go shopping with them or when i hear ppl b1tch about whether they are a 4 or a 6 one friend who lacked some tact asked me if i was over 160 which she thought was a huge # i ofcourse lied and said no if only she knew

Ali id rather be solid than look like one of those girls who can blow away in a good wind

Trish Freedoms grand aint it either not to work or to get out of the house its a beautiful thing
Old 06-15-2001, 10:11 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Rain Rain Go Away!!

Its raining its pouring!! AGH!!

I will go check out the pics ASAP!!

As for jealousy - I think I am a bit jealous. I wish I didn't have the struggle and I realize I will have it all my life. And when I see a thin girl flaunting it I feel a pang of jealousy.

Haveing said that, I have never in my life had zits. Okay, once ina while at that time of the month, but I have great, glowing, almost flawless skin. Adn many thin girls I know have not great skin and always go on and aon about how I never have to worry, or go thorugh treatments etc etc. Kind of the grass is always greener, right? Some of them are now scared from teh acne.

I think we always want what we don't have, but its about doing the best we can with what we have. Yes, its corney, but its true.

I have wicked cramps again today, though no sign of TOM and I am bloated and feeling icky.

Did n't make it to WI in time b/c of the rain, so I'll have to WI on the weekend and let you know on Monday.

Hope hope, though TOM is due on Monday, so I am hoping the H2o retention goes away soon!!

Ali I am sure you get those "stares"......its those people like me who are jealous thinking "that b*&^h, has like no weight to lose, she must be anorexic or soemething...." Okay, I am not that petty, but I used ot be when I was about 14 or 15. Teenagers are the worst I think. Anyway, that is a whole other ball of wax.

Trish- I'd like to stay home for a living too!!

Kier - good luck with your call back. how are hte meds doing now?

Well, I better get some work done - been here a while and still not being productive
Old 06-15-2001, 10:12 AM   #15  
Eve's Mom

I just realized how conceited I sounded about my skin - I didn't mean to sound that way, its just that is the one thing I really ahve going for me and its something people comment on a lot...

So, pardon the honking of my own horn.

Belle !
Closed Thread