Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #46  
Thursday Lady

Hi Princess,
Welcome to the group. I see you are from TX. Now there are 3 of us Texans!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #47  

Hey Everyone!

Welcome Princess!

Tina, I was in bed last night thinking about my day and it hit me that when I asked who was doing ww, I was posting on the ww board!! The other thread I used to post on was support groups so there were some who did other diets. (At least I'll let that be my excuse!! ) See how crazy those kids made me yesturday!!

Today has been just as crazy. My dh went to work at his new job this morning, came home about noon and left to do some work at his old job this afternoon. My sis in law came over and had left over chicken pot pie along with 3 kids running around and a hyper dog. But, I have stayed on track today so it has been a good day. Dh has a new office and I want to decorate it, but would like to lose some weight before going up there. Maybe that will help me stay motivated. Anyway I rambling now. Hope ya'll are all having a good day!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening everyone

I'm just about finished day 3 & so far I've been good. Drinking all my water & I've made a spread sheet to keep track of points. I didn't do too well in the exercise department but tomorrow's another day.

I've not been doing very much just enjoying not going to work. That new job I mentioned a few weeks ago is still a go. The company has to find space to lease then set everything up. Today I met with a fellow from Calgary who's going to be working with me and we looked around for some places. The 2 people who will be opening the company are both in different cities, so it seems slow going as far as I'm concerned.

I hope you all had a good day and I'll be here tomorrow. Oh yes, I tried to add one of the trackers, we'll see if it worked it looks like it didn't I'll have to work on it

maureen
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #49  
GoddessInclined

Hello, everyone!

I hope things are going well for you all.

Well, I'm here, moved back into my parents' house with my son. The friends that we were planning on renting from didn't have our living area ready to go in time--not just "not quite ready" but "utterly unliveable"--so we had to make a change of plans midstream. Just as well--we are back in the school district that my son was in before we moved last time, and he's much less stressed about making friends, cause he reconnected with the ones that he had before. Lucky kid!

My mother, who I have been very concerned about healthwise because of her weight, agreed to join WW with me. Her first meeting was two weeks ago--yesterday, she got her 2nd five-pound award and was thisclose to being at 15 lbs lost. Yay for Judy!!! I love to give her credit, but she gives me all the credit. Apparently, part of her agreement to join was that I become her personal chef. Which has been fun, because she's an easy feed--there's almost nothing she doesn't like, so I'm free to try anything on her at least once. Since I LOVE to cook, this has been a lot of fun for me, too. And apparently, it's helped--I've lost 6.4 lbs in two weeks myself!

Have a great weekend, ladies...I'll catch up again soon!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Default It's Friday!

Greetings!!!!!!
Maureen, good going on your days OP. You can do this!!!!
And, those trackers are tricky things. It took me a while to figure them out.

Jody, I've been missing you. It's so good your son is happy at school. I know from experience how hard it is on them to move to another school. We had to do that to our son once.
What do you like to cook????? I could really use some inspiration of new menus. Please share with us.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm bloated today (and yesterday) and didn't want to weigh. My clothes feel good on me. That's going in the right direction.

Tammy, how was Open House?
Susan and Amy, how's your dad?
Erin, Jan, Andrea, what's new?
Sis, are you working too hard?
Mimi, you haven't told us about Oprah!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #51  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

I got through my week of Wendie. Won't do it again - but I had a great WI - down 4.2.

We started school this week. It's going great, so far. I did have to give my son 'detention' for having a bad attitude, yesterday. But, such is life. I have to establish boundaries, or - well, I'd have chaos by Christmas. It's hard when you are Mom AND Teacher - but, since I am - I have to be tough at 'school'.

We have had SO much rain from Ophelia. We're keeping an eye out for her. (and tracking her in school!) She could turn and come back to us!

I'm going to get out my Fall decorations over the weekend. I look forward to putting it out. I love this season. I go on vacation in about a month! I'm so exicited!

I hope everyone is well. I'll see you beautiful ladies, soon!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 PM   #52  

Isn't Oprah amazing! It's one of the wax museums in Niagara Falls. It just reopened last week, and the sets are amazing. Its really neat how you can get right in there with them. Sorry! I didn't really fool you did I?
Andrea; I had my own day care for about 10 years while my guys were growing up. Very long hard hours but lots of fun too, and I got to be home with my boys.
I have been staying OP all week and getting back into the exercise. I hope to be back down to my presummer weight by next week.
Jody; It sounds like you are both helping each other out a lot. Its fun to cook some special meals for more than one.
Erin; It sounds like the Wendie plan worked really great for you. Why won't you try it again?
Susan and Amy; I hope your dad's sugar levels have evened out. My Dad's would sometimes bottom out too esp. if he wasn't feeling well or had been out working in the garden. Does he have any idea why it happened?
Tammy; I hope your class has settled down by now. The uproar in town is just beginning about the new schedules at the schools. They forgot to tell all the parents that the kids would be getting out 10 minutes sooner. What a mess!
Tina; Hope you are feeling a little less bloatie. They wanted to measure me at the gym today but I said no, but I am going to get the muscle/fat instument out tomorrow. I hope that has changed a bit in the right direction.
Our universities are taking in some of the students displaced by Kat. I think we should be taking in whole families. Don't know if too many would like all that cold weather though.
To all of you wonderful ladies: Have a great weekend. I am working both days so may not get back on here again this weekend.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #53  

Ugh, just gave in terribly while eating out - I'm stuffed and feel gross. I guess that's what comes from eating correctly in in the right proportions and then going back to old habits. At least I feel sick enough to know I won't be doing that again soon. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #54  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Just finally getting to pop in here. I haven't been here in about a week and I can tell. I had 3 pages to catch up on. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing ok this week. Stayed op "most" of the week. My hubby wanted to go out to a Polish restaurant last night and I kind of blew it. Oh well, today is another day. I am still trying to get myself motivated. I stayed the same this week, but thats ok, better than a gain. I haven't lost what I put on the last few months yet. I should change my tracker but I have been kind of using that as incentive to get back there. Its of only by a few lbs, about 6 and I look at it everytime I post so it makes me think. Sorry I didn't address everyone individually but 3 pages is a lot to catch up on. LOL Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day. By the way, WELCOME to all the newbies!!! This is a wonderful board with WONDERFUL people. Take care all....Sis
Old 09-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #55  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good Morining!!!

I am having a great day so far and it's only 7:30 am. I had to modify my exercise plans because it is raining. So I turned on the VCR and popped in my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile tape. I find I get a more exhilirating workout when I use these tapes. I am sure my ams will be sore tomorrow since I haven't used any weights in months. Maybe I'll take some aspirin before I go to bed.

I have to go to work now so I will catch-up with everyone later.

Have an OP day!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #56  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Allright - all this talk about WATP has inspired me - I'm off to find a used copy on EBAY!

I hope I can get one! ;c)
Old 09-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #57  
Susan

Howdy,
Let me start by saying "Welcome to all the new folks!!" and yes, you have found a terrific group!!!! We are a very close group.

I havent' been getting messages either. I hate it when that happens. I'm a little under the weather with a cold but actually I think it's allergies. Yuck!!

Thanks for all the concern about our dad. He is doing well. THe doctor changed his night time insulin to a lower dose. His heart irregularrities were caused from low potassium due to the direutics he was one. So it was a good thing he was sent to the hospital. After receiving potassium and gulcose and a 2 night stay, he got to come home. His doctor put him on a 24 hour heart monitor and everything is pretty good so far.

Tina, thanks for the email. You are the best!!!!

Jody, it's great to hear from you. We've missed you!

Maureen, when do you start your new job?

Tammy, has school settled down yet? My 2 involved girls were absent on Friday so it was a quiet day for me. My one is extremely jealous of the new one, and has started acting out some again. I'll be glad when they get insync and use to each other.

Mimi, how's life going for you?

Amy, oh little sis, where are you?????

Sis, I was right there with you on catching up on my reading of the posts. You miss one day and you miss alot.

Have a great evening.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good evening all

Back to work tomorrow why does time off always fly by? I'm on day 6 and managed to stay on program(1 day at a time). I got a call today from the gent who's going to open up the new company here that'll I'll be working for - we're going for dinner tuesday night. He lives in Winnipeg, his brother, who'll be running the place, lives in Victoria and the other fellow who'll be working also, lives in Calgary - so we're all spread out. Right now they're trying to find a place to open up. There's several that I saw last week so hopefully in about a month + we'll be up and running.

Any way the weather here's the pits - it's cold.

Mimi, you had me fooled!

Hope everyone had a good day & even if I don't post - I'll be here

maureen
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #59  

Open House was interesting on Thursday. Had quite a few people tell me that they were surprised that I left 2nd grade. I informed them that the changes that were made at the school were forced on us by the administration and school board. They were shocked. Alot of them are upset about the busing issue of double routes. Some of the kids are getting on the bus at 6:15 to be at the middle school at 7:30. These kids live 2 miles from the school!! Crazy.

Erin, that has to be hard giving your son a detention. I have one of the Walk Away the Pounds videos too, but I haven't used it in a while. I need to dig it out and get walking!!

Mimi, we went to a wax museum in Niagra Falls years ago.

Sis, I know what you mean about having so much to catch up on when I come back on here. I don't get on the computer much during the week, and even the weekends have been so busy doing other things.

Well, everyone have a great week. It's about my bed time.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #60  
Susan

Hi All,
Hope you have had a great Monday. School was good, all of my kiddos were back. The teacher is still sick. Yuck!!!! Oh well, I'll be praying for our first freeze.

Nothing real exciting happening here.
Closed Thread