Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:20 AM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Warped Wednesday

Good Mornin, Sistas,

I'm up early today, so thought I'd start.

Going to Dayton today to the neurosurgeon to see if I can get my back fixed.

DD and I are going to eat at Olive Garden today after my appointment. Hope I can eat something that is cheap on points. Altho, I've saved 20 Flex points for this & tomorrow is WI day so Flex resets. Soup, salad & breadsticks - Here I come!!!

I'll let everyone know what dr. says when I get back.

Take care, ladies
Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 AM   #2  

Good Luck today Kitty!!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #3  

Hey, when i go to the Olive Gargen I order the Chicken Ghirdanie (I know i spelled that wrong) with NO pasta, extra veggies. It's a lower cal option even if you have the pasta, but it's like 200 calories at the most with no pasta, and you still get the yummy sauce, chicken a veggies.

This way I can have one breadstick and a bit of salad without totally blowing my calories for the day.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  

Hello everyone!

Well I lost 1.5 pounds this week. I am pleased.

I am hoping that despite the upcoming birthday party I will get to onederland next Tuesday. I plan on making stromboli. I talked to my leader about it and we discussed it in our group. I think I am going to try to make one or two regular stromboli and make a lower points version with stuff like fat free cheese, chicken sausage and turkey pepperoni. I am not worried about the cake and stuff, it's that stromboli. We'll see how it goes. I figured the full fat recipe has 153 points in the ENTIRE thing (so that would have to be devided by the number of servings I get), the lower point version has 67 points in the ENTIRE thing. Now I just have to see if I can find the ingrediants. I should be able to shave off a few more points once I scale back the bread dough from 1 1/2 pounds to 1 pound. I have to see if my bread machine will do it. I am still calculating that.

Cherry-I will have to try that next time I go to the Olive Garden. We used to go there alot when I visited my best friend. I try to avoid it now. But if I have an alternative then maybe I will try it. I used to work with a girl whose maiden name was Cherry Hamilton, so your name caught my eye LOL.

Ok well it's lunch time and despite the fact I am sitting right here the kids are getting nutty. So I better go and settle the down. It's big excitment around here since my in laws are adding on to thier house and today the cement arrived. The kids think the cement truck is quite grand. So now they are HYPER!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

PS WELCOME OUTADASLUMP and CHERRY!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #5  

Well I have turned the corner on my back pain. It has vastly improved. I have been going daily to the chiropractor and by george it is finally working. Yippee Skippee.

Kitty hope you have good news with your back. Being in pain is awful. So easy to be grouchy and that is putting it nicely.

Cherry that is good sounding food at Olive Garden I too was avoiding that place, now you have given us an option.

Has anyone at all heard from HH I am concerned for her.

The weather here is beautiful and easy to get out and walk.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #6  

Smile

Kitty, good luck with your back and I hope you enjoyed The Olive Garden!

Misty, thanks for the welcome and congrats on your weight loss - way to lose, girl! I like the way you're planning your Onederland celebration, btw. Do you have any non-edible treat planned as a reward?

luflic, I can't imagine having to go daily to the chiro but, then again, I've never been to one at all. This is a dumb question but here goes anyway: is it like having a really good massage? Or, is there (ouch!) much cracking and popping? I picture kneading the back into alignment with the occasional elbow thrown in for extra oomph - am I wrong?

I got up late AGAIN. It's so peaceful at night without phones ringing or kids running in and out so I stay up waaaay too late to get up on time for the gym. However, I'm not going to let this day pass without going, even if its in the evening. I don't like going in the early evening because my DH is home but tonight he's on his own!

But, there's good news, I'm making progress on the water and dairy front and I haven't forgotten my multi in three days. I don't get the water thing, I really don't, but its somehow working. I got on the scale today (know I shouldn't have but I did) and I was down a whole pound from Monday. That *cannot* be accurate - I'm a slow loser - unless there's magic in water. What does it do, all this water? Someone said being fully hydrated allows the cells to release water they're retaining (for what, a body drought??) and someone else said it revs up the metabolism. I'm perplexed and the bathroom is where you can usually find me these days so...
what's with the water chugging??
Old 08-24-2005, 05:01 PM   #7  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sistas,

Back from the big city. Well, at Olive Garden, I did not go with anything lo cal or low fat. I had the stuffed manicotti, 2 breadsticks & salad. 23.5 points for lunch. The good news is I brought home half of the entree for later, and the entire thing is included in the 23.5 points. I still have 17.5 Flex points that will reset tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!! Of course WI is tomorrow, so hope this doesn't put me in the no loss category.

Thanks for your well wishes on my back problems. Welcome Cherry & OutaDaSlump. It's good to "see" some new faces.

Luflic, I'm glad your back is getting better. Please take care of it, you dont want to end up like me.

Misty, I saw your loss on the WI thread. WTG, girl!! I gave you some dancin nanners on that thread, but here's another for good measure -

Well, in other news....dr. says I have a "bad" back. Not being sarcastic, but that I have 2 bad discs and the rest of my spine is not much better. I have some spinal stenosis (narrowing of spinal column) due to bone spurs & surgery would be major, with fusion on both sides of spine. Dr. is having me try physical therapy for 3 weeks, then try working with no restrictions for 3 weeks to see if it is better. So it looks like it's gonna be pain relief at best for me, cos I know when I go back to work full time, it's gonna get really bad again. Guess I'll have to go back to office work. Thanks for listening everyone. I'm gonna try not to complain anymore & just get on with it.

TTFN, ladies
Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I've been doing ok, just doing crappy AGAIN on my exercising. I dont know why I have a hard time doing it during the week.

I hope everyone is having a great week, and I'm so glad tomorrow is Thursday (my Friday!!)

Love,
liz
Old 08-24-2005, 11:59 PM   #9  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Hello sistas- I'm sorry that I have been MIA all day. I have had quite the day!
I went to orientation at Minnesota State University this morning and registered for classes!!!!!!!! I am officially a student! I quit my job today-yikes!- well, Friday will be my last full time day, they're going to let me work a few hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays ( I don't have classes those days)
just to help out while they find someone to replace me. This has all happened so fast, I feel like I've been hit by a happy tornado! This is going to be quite the adventure, I have been out of highschool for 13 years-yikes! So, I know it will be tough, but I am still way pumped up about it!

I also weighed this morning (official weigh in not until sat) and I hit 35 pounds! Holy crap! I am on cloud nine! And I am not even tempted to celebrate with FOOD! I stayed OP all day!

Well, I really need to get to bed. I need to lay out Byron's clothes for tomorrow and finish my menu for tomorrow.
I will try to write more tomorrow.

LOVE YOU GALS!!

~Izzy (Lisa)
Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Kitty53. I'm new here and live in Beavercreek since '03. Moved for husband's job at the "Valley." I teach. Hope to here more from you.

TT
Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 AM   #11  

Lisa, congrats on being an official student!

Kitty, way to keep a GREAT attitude! I didn't see any complainin', just explainin' about your back problem. Hang in there.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #12  

I don't have time to start a new thread this morning. I just wanted to say that Kitty I hope that things get better with your back. YAY YAY YAY LISA!! Lizzy, don't stress teh exerscie it will come. Plus I have exercised like 3 times since starting back with WW LOL. Outadaslump, water is magic. That's my theory LOL!!! Luflic glad to hear your back is doing better! Mad, Welcome. My Uncle just moved back to western NY from Beavercreek. He lived in Fairborn as he worked at Wright Pat, when he retired from the airforce he moved to Beavercreek in '03 I think. He just decided to move back "home". My cousin is still in the area. Anyway, welcome!!

Have a stupendous day ladies!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #13  

Wow hello to you Ohio gals my married daughter lives in Tipp City she use to live in Beavercreek her inlaws live their now. Small world.

Thanks to everyone on my back. Kitty you haven't been complaining and you deserve to. I know how I have felt just for the past three weeks. The chiropractor is no pain at all just relieve. Not as nice as a massage mind you. But uses ice and heat and a moving table. So it is a pleasurable experience all in all. He hates using the word crack he says adjusting lol
Closed Thread