Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:15 AM   #1  

Default Monday!!!!!!!! (8/15)

Happy Monday? Happy Monday. Ok, ok I'm trying to get into this, trying to warm up to the idea that it is Monday. Not just that it is Monday, but that it is Monday and I am awake! Ok here goes...
HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #2  

Ok going back to bed now! I should have done that at 5, but thought my other kid was coming. I emailed her mom a minute ago, she's not coming. would have been nice to know that an hour and a half ago!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Wow...Monday...I can't even believe it. I feel like I'm in a daze, really. School starts in two days. AAAA! I'll have 50 students to be responsible for. Oh. My. God. Can we say freak out? Yeah. That's me. And I STILL haven't finished Confessio Amantis. Why? Because I answered the damn phone and had one of my best friends from undergrad come stay with me on Wednesday night and Saturday night. I'm glad I did get to see her because chances are we won't see each other again until December. But really? I needed that time to read Middle English. I'm losing my mind. 300 pages left and I wanted to be finished by tonight. HA!

Okay...deep healing breath. Time for Gower. Ah, nothing finer at 7:40 in the morning than a bit o' Gower, huh? lol

Happy Monday, ladies,
~Amanda
Old 08-15-2005, 10:36 AM   #4  

Deep Breath Amanda. You can do it!

The weekend was insane!! We were all over the place. I did well Friday and Saturday. But yesterday was a picnic at my husband's Uncle's house.

I had:
a potato (3 points, no butter or anything)
an ear of corn (1 point, again no butter)
a 3 inch peice of sheet cake (I guess it was like 6 points though b/c a 3 inch slice of recular cake is 12 and this was only as thick as a cookie sheet)
two cans of pop b/c they had NOTHING else to drink and that was 6 points

This is the point I get frutrated with WW.

I hate eating in front of people. I had no worries of over eating. And really I didn't over eat. I avoided high fat taco dip, fried chicken and potato salad. So pretty much I picked off my son's plate. I had cereal before we left, but all we had in the house was sugary stuff so that with skim milk was 6 points. I thought I would be ok with eating that. I get 25 points for the day. So I had 22 points after lunch, leaving me 3 points. I was starving by the time we left for the three hour drive home. The cake and pop took up 12 points!!! I had 24 flex points left. But I was soo hungry and frutrated and tired by the time we left. The kids were exhausted and dirty so our only choice was drive through. I ate a Wendy's Grilled Chicken sandwhich plain (roll and chicken and that's it) not bad until I added the Biggee Fries and large frosty. Along with the 5 point doughnut I ate waiting for my husband to decide where to eat! I ended up negative 6 points for the week.

What did I learn? Plan ahead. I knew there wouldn't be anything for me to eat. Next time I need to pack water at least, and probaly a points friendly meal alternative. Also if I am gonna pack snacks for my husband and kids to eat in the car I shouldn't pack a whole box of doughnuts! If I had only packed 3 they would have been gone and not sitting there for me to munch on while I stewed.

Ok I guess I should stop slacking off LOL Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #5  

Quiet, Quiet Monday
Old 08-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Ah, I just blew it on this business luncheon. It was because I let myself get too hungry. I started my day early, which meant I had breakfast at 6, and have been too busy to have my snack. If I had been properly armed, I would have taken the turkey off the bread and eaten it like that, skipped the pasta salad and loaded up on cucumbers and peppers, which i can eat without dressing. But because i was starving, I had two helpings of pasta salad, a turkey sandwich (piled HIGH), and regular salad with dressing (no ff option). Plus I had two tiny lemon squares. No idea how many points. Like you, Misty, I learned (AGAIN) the importance of planning. I also got a reminder of how bad it is to let yourself get too hungry.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #7  

Ok Ok reading this I am impressed. Sure we make mistakes but we are now aware of them and we are going to be prepared. It is learning from our mistakes that will make us better. Misty you still counted the points that is Good! You made some excellent choices that is good! You know where your weakness lies and that is good! Its all good! Today is new points stay with it girl!

Maggie one bad lunch won't break you! You to did well to see where the weakness lies Go Girl don't blow it the rest of the day.

I went to a leaders conference last week one one thing a speaker said is you must accomplish the mission. We must accomplish our mission! I am typing this to booster myself today I lost zero at weight in yes zero and I remained on program! very disheartening and my back is still not right I have to go to the chiropractor every day this week he says it is a pinched nerve. Well normally these set backs would do me in plus at the conference last week lunch and snacks were provided and I brought my own lunch WW and toughed it out. But you know what I am going to finish the mission this time! With your support pleasssssse!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #8  

hi.

I've eaten 6, yes count them 6 doughnuts. That's 30 points. Yikes!! I can do this. I can make it until tomarrow. Tomarrow I weigh in I accept my inevitable gain and move on. I will get back on program!

Luflic, you are right. Great job BTW of taking a lunch! I hope your back will be feeling better soon!

Maggie, today was a tough one for you. It's hard when our schedules are thrown off. Lets try to work together on planning ahead shall we? I certainly nee dto focus on that!

I will not eat the last four doughnuts! I have typed it now I will stick with it!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #9  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Exclamation

Well, I have alot of catching up to do here. The weekend was busy and I was off work the morning for working this weekend. It was nice being home on a Monday morning, I even got Lori to go on a walk with me this morning. I'm happy to have my Lori back!

Misty~ I understand about the donuts. I've been known to eat a whole dozen of donuts in my car in the parking lot of the grocery store. One of my other famous binges was eating a whole sara lee coffee cake. I would cut it into four pieces, but consume the whole thing within an hour. First I would spread butter all over the top of it and then microwave it. Then I would take the box out to the trash so Lori wouldn't know.But I am sure she did. She could see my body growing... Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that I understand how frustrating it can be.
Now when I go to the grocery store, when I walk past the bakery(right next to the meat dept) I cuss at the donuts and such as I walk by them. In my head ofcourse. Would not want to look crazy or something. ( not like eating a case of donuts in the parking lot looks odd!)
So, let me kick the crap out of your donuts that are left and stand tall and tell those donuts what we really think of them!Dinner is a new hour and try to be back OP then. And then a healthy snack tonight and then start a new day tomorrow. It'll all be okay.

luflic~ You already are accomplishing your mission! You stayed on program and the scale, well screw the scale today. YOU know that you did well, and will show in lot's of other ways besides the numbers sometimes.
Great job staying OP! We are here with you!!!And I hope that your back will get better soon!

Maggie~I am also very aware of the getting too hungry factor. I know better, but it still happens from time to time. Let's get thru this, with all of our help!
We gotta keep our Maggie shining!

Amanda~ Keep truckin' girl-you can do it!!!

Everyone else, I hope you all made it okay thru the Monday.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 PM   #10  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Just popping by to say Confessio Amantis is officially read. Lol. Thank. God! I'm so finished with trying to read Middle English without any education.

It really has been quiet around here today...I hope you all are doing well! I'm gonna be gone pretty much all day tomorrow (it's the day before school, so there's lots of planning to do), but I'll try to pop in to see how you all are faring!

Stick with it ladies!!! Y'all are amazing!!!
~Amanda
Old 08-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Have I offended someone around here or something? Just curious.

Have a great day everyone!

Izzy
Old 08-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #12  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Huh?

Why are you thinking that?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #13  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Exclamation

I'm sorry, forget what I said. I was just thinking outload and it was stupid. I think I just feel guilty because I can 't post on here as much as I would like to.
Please forgive my Tuesday morning airheadedness.(new word by the way)

~Izzy(Lisa)
Old 08-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #14  

I sure have not been offended! We are all sistas!
Old 08-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #15  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*BIIIG hug Izzy* I've not been offended! Hang in there, sista!! Much love!
Closed Thread