3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #60 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/63514-feisty-sexy-50-60-year-olds-60-a.html)

LilyG 08-15-2005 09:42 PM

Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #60

Well I need to go buy something before we go. So I will check all these out.

Karen: I is no fun not being able to exercise. It was killing me. But now Im back and happy about it :)

Gloria: Never heard of Clarks either. Sounds like you have had some Nasty weather. Its finally cooling down here. Im loving it.

Slavika: How was the first day at the Hospital?

Was a crazy day at work. Now Im gonna go watch TV as Im pooped!

Later

flaggies 08-15-2005 09:45 PM

you know what they say Lily about those great minds.........

I will try and delete my new thread.

Cheers
Maria

painter5 08-16-2005 08:30 AM

Morning,

Just went and read what you all are up to. My dh had cortisone shots in his shoulder ages ago for bursitis. I remember that he hated the shot itself.

I have to check out those different shoes. I have a pair of Clarks that I love and I have a pair of Easy Spirit boot type that I wear in winter. Right now I have a couple of pair of sandal type that I love. I got them at WalMart. They are some kind of earth shoe. Wish I could wear them all year round.

A friend and I took another friend and her dh to the airport yesterday. Their son is in Myrtle Beach on vacation with his family. He had a heart attack and he is only 34. Has 2 kids under 6. Hope they are able to get him home.

Last night there was a picnic in the park for the school faculty. It was sooooo hot I thought I would melt.

Ann you are the bike riding queen. I think that is wonderful.

Maria your dh is very valuable to the company. They need to treat him nice and let him work from home.

Slavika I am thinking of you and hope it all goes well.

Trudy that is cute story about the little angel.

Lily it is so nice to hear from more often now. I didn't know that those wineries had such good food.

Gloria that was some thunderstorm you all had.

Hi Karen.

Hope you all are having a nice day.

Karen L 08-16-2005 11:15 AM

Peggy I think you managed to catch yus all in that last post. About the pinic in the park thing being so hot. I think I wouldn't mind hot and sweaty if it was melting FAT. how about you. Hope ypue friends DS is going to be OK Wow 34 way too young.

My Uncle that is one year younger that me just had to have heart surgery for a blocked artery. He has 2 one was 75% and the other was 50%. Was told to quit smoking and go on a diet. Last I heard form his brother he had done neither. Foolish!

Today was the de-bug man day. For those of you who don't live in Florida we need to have our houses sprayed about 4 times a year to keep away the pest. I am a big fan of the de-bug man . I am not a fan of bugs. Not a real big deal the day they show up. Just keep track of Sprout so he didn't lick any of the wet stuff up. Now that it is dry it will be ok. You know I think he is part goat. He will eat any thing he can get into his mouth! But he's cute!

Also this is my wash day . So have been running between the washer and the dryer. Grabing thing out of the dryer before they get too dry or too wrinkled. You know the drill. I do have to do some ironing but not much.

Have to go the dryer needs attention
Hi to everybody.
Karen

survivor 08-16-2005 12:25 PM

Gloria, let me line up with you on the side of Clark's. They are my shoe. They last a long, long time. I think I have about 7 pairs and wear them to work all the time. I have a different problem. About 7 years ago I had a real problem with my right leg, all along the side. It just ached. I, of course, went to the doctor - no help, took medication that just made it bearable and stumbled on my first pair of Clark's. Must have been a problem with my alignment because, although it comes back once in awhile, mostly the pain is gone. We have them in most of the stores here. I hope your young neighbors have insurance to help them with replacing the appliances.

I will be so glad to hear from Slavika. I think the actual transplant is today. My office-mate is in Houston right now with her husband who has lung cancer. Praying for them all.

Lily, good to hear from you. Leaky sink, huh? I so understand a hubby calling for help.....constantly.

Our oldest son and his wife came over the weekend to go to a high school reunion. They had a good time. One of his friends was just diagnosed (35) with Parkinson's. I cannot believe that. 34 and 35 are still kids, they should not have serious health problems. My DS is a person who grew and matured after high school so many people didn't recognize him. He is now much better looking. They are still of the age in which they are all pretty status-oriented.

Well, all, stay cool. Karen, glad you are de-bugged for awhile. No matter where you live, you have some routine you have to follow because of Mother Nature.
Glenda

flaggies 08-16-2005 08:07 PM

G'day all,

Yes Slavika and her dh have been on my mind as well and I sincerely hope everything is going to plan for them.:)

On the shoes....Clarks are quite a popular brand here as well but more for children shoes then adults.
With my feet, unfortunately NO brand of shoe allow me to walk for any lenght of time, however some are still better then others.
I have really given up on buying shoes, I have a few 'sitting' ;) pairs of shoes but the rest are for comfort and nothing else.
Some of you may remember the operations I had on my feet a few years ago, it is something I now really regret, it cured some problems but it created quite a few new ones as well :( :mad:

What is this with these young people having such serious health problems :?: Peggy and Glenda?????

KAren it is a bit of a shame that being hot and sweaty does not equate to melting fat from our bodies ;) :( :D

I have been really busy and have work on the go for 4 different customers, good in one way but I tend to lie awake thinking about the projects I have to do....3.40 am the last time I looked at the clock this morning and then dh always rings to say 'good morning' around 7.30 :tired: :tired: :tired:

Our dd is coming for a visit this weekend, I am really looking forward to that.

Cheers
Maria

LilyG 08-17-2005 03:28 PM

Karen: Your Uncle is foolish. Thats the first thing he should of done. I with you if the heat melted Fat Away. I would be outside all day :)

Peggy: That is very young to have a heart attach. Hope he is ok.

Glenda: How sad about your Sons friend.

Maria: Im sure you will have fun with your Daughter this weekend.

Going shopping for shoes this weekend to see what I can find. Found most the brands you all mentioned at a Outlet store.

Thinking of you and Your DH today Slavika.

Trudy 08-17-2005 07:44 PM

Hi everyone...

I am a "Clark's Fan"... I have several pair and I really do love them. Right now, the only thing I can wear comfortably are my track shoes... they look just lovely with a skirt or dress. :lol: I am still going for physio and I see the sports doctor on Monday. Who knows what he will say? After my Monday session, my foot was so sore I tried on every pair of shoes and house slippers I own and nothing helped. Out of desperation, I tried on the track shoes I keep at home (the other pair is at the locker at my fitness facility). Lo and behold, my foot felt better. So, I wear them from morning to night and the swelling seems to be down somewhat. We attended a funeral yesterday and I changed to dress shoes in the parking lot, tried to stay off my feet for the reception that followed and as soon as I got back into the car, put the track shoes back on. I will see what the physio therapist thinks of my ankle tomorrow.
As for my dental woes.... The Periodontist said she made an error and didn't take down enough on a boney ridge.. I see her again next week to determine what will happen with that. I DO NOT want any more surgery. This nightmare doesn't end.
As for Slavika, I talked to her last night and she was really optimistic about her DH's treatment. He had the 2nd day of chemo today and tomorrow (Thur) they start the Stem Cell. I know we all hope that it goes well for them. She is leaving the house early in the morning... 6:30 am and coming home in the evening very tired. Her son is a wonderful young man and is so helpful, her whole family was at the hospital yesterday cheering up her DH and keeping is mind off his illness. Thank God for family.
Peggy that is so young to have a heart attack. I hope he recovers. Are cortisone injections painful? YIKES...
Gloria I hate those thunderstorms that go on for hours and dump so much rain. We had our share of them in July, every time it rained, it was a storm. Today we are having the first gentle rainy day and it is really nice. Everything was so dry we needed it.
Karen what kind of bugs are we talking about? One good thing about living up north is we don't get any creepy crawlers in our home.
Glenda Another young man with a horrible disease. Parkinson's is just awful. I do a lot of complaining, but I know that things could be a lot worse.
Maria Sorry to hear that you still have problems with your feet. I thought everything was better since you had the surgery. How is little Matty doing?
Lily Good luck on the shoe hunt. I shop for comfort these days too. I think that I ruined my feet with those spike heels and pointy toes and now I pay for it.
Hi Ann What are you up to these days?

Hope I didn't leave anybody out... can't remember the posts in the previous page. See you all later..

Lizziepie 08-18-2005 04:54 PM

Hi Everyone: I've not been doing too much out of the ordinary. I have been reading your posts but just haven't had much to say.

On the subject of shoes - Peggy, I have some of those Earth Shoes that were at Walmart. It was a first for me to be able to buy shoes anywhere but some expensive shoe store, as most shoes are too wide for me. But these were a good fit, and so I bought 3 pairs, a beige, a khaki, and a blue pair. At 12.95 a pair I got three for less than I would ordinarily have to pay for one pair. I felt very fortunate. And they are very comfortable.

Trudy: Several years ago I had a problem with my left ankle. I went from Dr. to Dr. had a cortisone shot, and wore sensible shoes, but nothing seemed to help. So finally one Dr. gave me a brace that I wore inside my shoe. It had air cushions on each side that you could inflate to the right thickness. And velcro straps to hold it in place. It was about mid-calf. Whenever I had to do any walking I wore the lovely thing. I was told there was a problem with the arch muscles, because when i walk my angles pronate in. Anyway, little by little things got better, and I rarely, if ever have to use it. And I now wear all sorts of sandals, etc. But when I walk I wear my Easy Spirit walking shoes. They have really good support. Also wear those when I ride my bike. I'm sure your Dr.s will come to the right solution for you. I know it is very frustrating to have to wear clunky shoes, but I don't like pain, so do what is necessary.

Maria: I too thought that your foot surgery had solved your problems. I know that if ones feet hurt, you hurt all over. Have any of you had the problem of when you lose weight you lose it in your feet also, and it makes it harder to find shoes that fit properly?

I'm glad to hear from Trudy that Slavika's DH is doing as well as Slavika had hoped. Family is great, and they are such support when the 'chips are down' .

We are having rumblings of distant thunder again this p.m. I went to the pool this a.m. after my walk. I get so warm after walking, even tho' we do it early, that then I just go to the pool to sort of cool off. I say sort of, because the water is so warm.

DH is having physical therapy now and I think that it is really helping him. If nothing else, it gets him out and doing something. He does seem to be walking better.

We both had appointments in different places today, at the same time, so I dropped him off and then went on to mine, and picked him up afterward. Then we went to lunch at a nice seafood restaurant in the same plaza where he has his PT. I had yummy crabcakes, and isn't it great that they are low in points. :D:

Tonight I have choir practice, so won't be able to ride my bike. That is okay, as I need a bit of a rest.

Smokey is doing well. We had her de-clawed on Tuesday, and she is now my shadow. Before this, I douldn't get her to sleep on my lap. Now whenever I get into my recliner, she is right there. Yesterday she was there all evening. So I guess she will be a lap cat after all. Have to give her two different kinds of medecine, and also she has to use special litter until her paws are healed. DH and I have a system of doing the medicine - he holds her and I put the stuff in her mouth. Boy she is tough about that :yikes: but she doesn't hold
a grudge. :lol:

Supper time now. Hi to everyone. I can't remember everyones's post, but hope all is well. Ann

slavika 08-18-2005 10:19 PM

Hi Everybody :) :)

Great day today.........DH had his stem cell transplant today and for something that we have thought about and worried about, I have to say it was over before we knew it. It only took 5 minutes to inject the stem cells into that central line. and that was it. DH was up, and walking down the hallways........ate a big lunch and a big supper. :)
Everything went just perfect. Apparently he can still get very very sick, as his counts go down, but for right now all is well. I'll send you all an email when I am not so tired, but I just wanted to tell you my news and to thank you all so much for your emails and your prayers. Thank you. :)
I asked Trudy if she would keep you all posted......thanks Trudy, and night all.

Karen L 08-18-2005 11:05 PM

It was good to hear from you Slavika. Have been checking the forum several times a day to see if there has been an update. Thanks to Trudy we have been kept up to date pretty good. So glad the stem cell transplant we fast. I does seem to take for ever for things we want to have happen and thenm when it happens it over before we know it. Still Have You DH in my prayers and fingers crissed that he doesn't get to sick. Slavika take care of your self too!

Haven't done much today , washed sheets and towel painted 2 of my little bird houses. Copied some pages out of a friend painting books. Played with Sprout. Just kind of a lazy day.

I do have a pair of the Earthshoes. But they are they slide on kind. Should have bought the ones with the back strap. That way my foot would be held in place. The teva's are working out great. Will have to find a store with more of a selection.

Well check in tomorrow
Karen

LilyG 08-19-2005 03:34 PM

So happy to hear that slavika! Im sure you are tierd. They do make for long days

Lizziepie 08-19-2005 09:45 PM

Weigh -in tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope I have had a good week. I'll jet you know tomorrow. Ann

Karen L 08-19-2005 10:08 PM

Ann My fingers are crossed for you :crossed: :D

Karen

Lizziepie 08-20-2005 01:56 PM

BooHoo- :cry: Up .6 and I'm not sure why. I do know that the last time I was within 8 lbs of my goal weight it seemed to take forever. And that is where I am now. I don't want to do the up-down routine. I just want to go slowly down. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated? Ann