Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool Soopa Saturday Sistas

Hi Sistas,

Didn't see a new thread for today, so I'm starting it.
Everyone have a great Saturday.

Does anyone hear from Hippohips? Hope she's doin OK and gets an internet hook up soon.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #2  

Happy Weekend Everybody!!

What's everyone doing this weekend? DH and I are going to a wedding today in Iowa City. We're planning on leaving early to go shopping. Yeah! I love clothes and shoes. I was thinking about this last night. I got out of my love for clothes before I lost weight. It didn't feel like anything looked good on me anyway. I'm starting to feel more comfortable again, and I'm ecstatic!

Ha, ha, I just used mapquest to get directions to the mall, and it has been taking a U-turn. It seriously says, "Make a U-turn at US-6." Interesting....

Guess what ladies, I got the results of my cholesterol test back!!! Drumroll please... My cholesterol is back to normal!!! What an incredibly non-scale victory. I'm stoked! I even called my mom to tell her!!!

Maggie, that's hilarious that a woman sniffed you at the grocery store! I'm not sure how I would react!! I use to work at Bath and Body Works, and I probably will again for the holidays. Peony is my favorite scent. That's great about your daughter. I'm sure you'll miss her, but just think of all the good she's doing the world!!

Amanda, I hope you are still enjoying yourself watching plays!!

Lizzy, I hope works goes okay. Don't take any of her ****!!

Kitty, that does seem fishy about the new doctor releasing you to go to work, when you were originally out 6 months. Is it too late to call your regular doctor on Monday? Gosh, I don't want you to hurt yourself further. When are you suppose to go back to work now?

I haven't heard from HH. I thought about her yesterday and laughed while I was walking. My shoes felt like they were too big for me, and I remember her telling a story about her shoes being too big (because she lost some weight) and fell off.

Have a good weekend!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #3  

LOL we all posted at the same time!!!

I'll move mine over here and see if I can delete it maybe
Old 08-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  

YAY!!! It's the weekend. What does everyone have planned?

We got our registration thing done. We hit Walmart over there, I can say i did not like that one. They didn't have anything we needed LOL. Kmart had school supplies 40% off. I expected walmart to have similar prices. Thier school stuff was the same price as usual, just more abundant. I still stocked up on our craft supplies. I try to do "school" with the kids 3 days a week. We do craft and toddler learning worksheets. They LOVE it!!

Liz-I can't stand rude people like that. But everyone else is right. Just ignore her and focus on your needs. Don't give in to temptations just because emotions are running high. You can still walk at lunch, right? That might be a good time to let off some steam. Don't worry about assisting, you'll get the hang of it again. We all have our own rythm to that sort of thing and once you find your groove again I am sure it will get better.

Kitty-Have you had a chance to talk to the new dr.? You should at least be allowed a consultation. I can understand your frutration and need for comfort. You can do this though. Just a few days of staying on core and you will have a fresh new week with fresh new points. Hang in there girl!!

Amy- I can understand how that construction would have your residents upset. Many people probably thrive on the tranquil routine of the day. They need that predicatability. Construction throws everyone off I am sure. Hopefully they will work fast and finish up soon. I hope next week goes better!

Luflic and Maggie-Your daughtes sound amazing!! I pray that my little girl grows to be a confident and generous person also. You've both done an amazing job!!

Well, I am gonna go exercise since it's just me and DS up so far. He was up until midnight last night! And now he just dumped a whole bowl of dog food on the kitchen floor!! Good grief. I long fo rteh days when things like this don't happen, but I want to keep them small forever you know?

Stephanie-WTG!!! I'd be stoked too!! That's awesome. Enjoy your shopping!!! Maybe the Uturn is where you have to loop around the edge of a divided highway so you can get on the other side? Anyway I am so excited fo ryou! Enjoy the wedding too!!

Kitty-Have you had a chance to talk to the new dr.? You should at least be allowed a consultation. I can understand your frutration and need for comfort. You can do this though. Just a few days of staying on core and you will have a fresh new week with fresh new points. Hang in there girl!!

Amy- I can understand how that construction would have your residents upset. Many people probably thrive on the tranquil routine of the day. They need that predicatability. Construction throws everyone off I am sure. Hopefully they will work fast and finish up soon. I hope next week goes better!

Luflic and Maggie-Your daughtes sound amazing!! I pray that my little girl grows to be a confident and generous person also. You've both done an amazing job!!

Well, I am gonna go exercise since it's just me and DS up so far. He was up until midnight last night! And now he just dumped a whole bowl of dog food on the kitchen floor!! Good grief. I long fo rteh days when things like this don't happen, but I want to keep them small forever you know?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Weigh-in in half an hour. So why am I sitting here? I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go.

OK, I'm going.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #6  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Maggie~ GO! I hope it turns out well.

I've got a million things to do today so if I get back online at all it won't be until late tonight. It's one of those days where I have to drive to one city for one thing, another city for another thing.... basically we'll be running around all day.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Happy Saturday everyone!

First and foremost, Steph: congrats on the cholesterol results!!! That's so great!

Second and...uhm...back-most(? lol): I had a great time watching the plays! We even spoke to the artistic director (who played Prospero in last night's The Tempest). After my friend and I left, we just about died. We were like, "We actually carried on a small conversation with him!!" It was so amazing, lol. And we're such dorks.

The plans for today (and until Wednesday) is to finish Confessio Amantis! I am on page 136. There are 494 pages in the text. That's 358 pages of Middle English to get through absolutely no later than Tuesday night. Classes begin on Wednesday, bright and early, so I do not want to be worrying about having to read this damn book, lol. No, I do love this book. It's just a lot to get through.

I'm also a week away from my second GRE. This time, I must get increase my verbal score by 100 points. If I don't, then I'm taking it a third time and a fourth, etc. until my verbal increases by 100 points. I need to get into good PhD programs, dangit, lol.

Well, I'm not getting much done sitting here, am I?

Have a great day, ladies! Good luck to everyone who had WI this morning!
~Amanda
Old 08-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  
Tryin' Again

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

Steph, dancing nanners for your cholesterol results... I hope this means you have avoided medication? It's such a good feeling when you have results in black & white that everything you are doing is working.

Amanda, hope you finish your reading this weekend. It's so hot here, I wouldn't mind a reading project to keep me in the air conditioning. It is about 80% humidity today. Feels like 400 hells.

I took the release from the dr to my human resources dept yesterday. Dr. released me to work 5-6 hr. a day with 20lb lifting restriciton. I told HR mgr that I didn't think I would be able to do that & explained about the other dr. to her. She told me to wait till Monday & call my dr. & have her fax something in to her. She was kinda amazed that they would want to send me back to work, after not being allowed to do anything much for 6 weeks & my dr. excusing me for 6 months, or until recoup from possible surgery. She is our family dr & DD has appt with her on Monday & she suggested I go with her & talk to nurse or secretary & see if I can get them to understand that they need to call disability ins. co & furnish them what they need so I can get paid. Geez, I hate this bureaucratic crap...

Of course everything around here is all crazy and disorganized. My DD's stepbrother Jon & his wife Shelbi & 2 kids are moving in with us today. We have 2 extra bedrooms & they moved back here from Wash state due to Shelbi's being very ill. She's on her way to recouperating now. They wanted to get back closer to family for moral support with their situation. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping for the best.

Everyone have a wonderfull day.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

May i join you? Is this a private club? What do you talk about here? I found you when doing a search on cholesterol. I need some ideas to lower my cholesterol. I'm doing LA Weightloss and know that with weightloss and an improved diet, it should improve, but trying to see other things i can avoid or change. My total is at 212, so it's not too bad, but i still want to improve the overall number (below 200) and lower my HDL, the bad cholesterol (is that right?)

BTW, Maggie, i love your signature comment about the cookie!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #10  
Tryin' Again

Talking

Welcome, Michele,

Of course you can hang out with the Slimmin' Sistas. Everyone is welcome.

We talk about how to stay on plan, what we are doing, what we are eating, just anything that you want to say. We'd be glad to have you. A few of us right now are trying not to lose our motivation to stay with our plans. So we try to pull each other back on the wagon.

2 things I've found to help lower the bad cholesterol are oatmeal & exercise.
I'm on med too, but my bad cholesterol right now is under 100. I have to stay low due to heart problems, so I'm always looking for ways to lower it, too.

So welcome, pull up a seat & start posting.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Mitchy - Don't forget to post on the sticky above with your introduction!

Thanks everyone - I will just definitely be walking at lunch every day... lol just to get away from her! I'm a little more outspoken than the girl who hurt her hand, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm feeling like crap today. I was up at 3 am last night, until 6 am with stomach cramps and diarrhea. so my stomach is not feeling that great... and of course what do I do? Eat a bunch of crap. yeah, it doesn't make sense. I'm at 31 points right now, so if I don't eat anything else, I'll be ok... too bad most of my points today have gone to the stupid golden oreo's my boyfriend decided to buy.

lol though, because I was dehydrated when I woke up this morning, lol I was down to like 251 I should have had my weigh in today!

I worked out for 40 mins, because I was lazy and didn't do anything yesterday. I took a nap that was about it... and went grocery shopping. Thank goodness we got some money yesterday, we had like NO food left. But now I feel like I'm going to throw up, so I think I may have over did it.

Steph - I'm glad your levels are down!! Thats great news!

Calpurrnia - Glad you had a great time at the plays!

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

~Liz

Last edited by Lizzyg; 08-13-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Craig needs to work out some where, where I cant hear him or see him... lol makes me want to play badminton... and thats not good with a bad stomach!

His arms are looking GREAT since he started working out again... and I LOVE well defined arms.

ok, I'll stop drooling

~Liz
Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #13  
Tryin' Again

And we all know we need well defined arms to play badminton, heh...

Hope you feel like a game later, lol..
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #14  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

What sticky? How do i post my introduction?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #15  
Tryin' Again

Look up above where you posted this. It says Slimmin Sistas Introductions. Click on that thread & post your Intro there.
Closed Thread