August 15-21 Chick Chat

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Morning Ladies
    I'm trying to Pep Myself up this AM. Soem of my friends were supposed to hang out with me tonight or so I thought and things fell through in favor of another friend. Who Lives in the city and doesn't work full time. So color me ditched
    I have to remember I'm 29 Married and have a full time Job most of them are 23/24 single and students. It just sucks some times
    Saturday we went Ocean Fishing in a 110 heat index! But it was still fun and I caught 5 fish!
    Yesterday we went to a train museum in Whippany with SIL and her 2 kids it was fun Sarah my lil Neice wanted to hang out with me I felt special!
    I finally bought a dress for the wedding yesterday. 5 stores and only one dress
    Most either didn't carry any formal wear unless you were anorexic I saw alot of 2's Loehmanns (to quote Fran Drescher) The Mother ship NOThing formal for the voluptuous Chick. I hit our local shi shi mall and in a half hour Hit Macys Neimans Nordstrom and Bloomies ( when I know what I want I shop like a guy) Nordstrom and Bloomies were the only ones who even had plus sized formal wear. The Woman In Macys was going to get a slap from me if she said one more time "It just doesn't sell"
    Bloomies had alot of crazy old woman dresses and Insane Gypsy Stevie Nicks Dresses
    Nordstrom had 1 a 14WP (I probably could have done with a 16WP) its long and black knit with a hit of shimmer and a Silver and black short Jacket. It's a little tight around the tumular region But I think I can stretch it and its back to phase 1 for me today.
    I will be the bling bling queen in the dress!
    Today I'm swilling a coffee (a habit I'm going back to ) I'm using whole milk down from my usual cream and eventually progressing to 1%
    you can't go from Cream to skim it's just bad!
    Come out and Play Ladies!
    By the way Mareike SIL means Sister in Law and I'll check out your cheerleading site today at lunch
    Kierie
  • Good morning Kier - or rather, good afternoon from this end! Wow, sounds like you had quite a w/e - are you going to eat the fish you caught? or do you just plop them right back in? And I *so* hear you about the formalwear - I have to go to a wedding on Friday week and I seriously have nothing to wear. I mean, I actually don't own anything that could be worn on a formal occasion. And do the shops have anything in my size? Of *course* not Your dress sounds pretty, though - and hey, if it's just tight around the tum, you could always get some control knickers for the day. I think of them as magic pants!

And so funny what you said about the coffee - I just bought skimmed milk today for the first time EVER, to have with my coffee at work. Can't have it at home, DH would mutiny. But I 'only' lost 0.5lb this week, so I am squeezing out the points wherever I can. It's really not that bad. Really. (do I sound convinced?!)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, better get back to work. Back later!
  • oh oh oh forgot to say - yesterday we *finally* made it to the beach after days of rain and it was SO COOL! It is a wild and not touristy beach with huge dunes and I walked for miles and went in the sea (the Irish Sea!) and BOY! are my legs feeling it today. And when we move house it will be right at the end of the road!
  • Lolly I'm sitting here tummy toning in my seat! you exhale completely contract your stomach muscles and breathe shallowly for 30 ish seconds
    Magic Pants LOVE IT!
    Walking on the beach over looking the Irish sea sounds soo nice! and with your house so close!
    We're hoping for Rain here I grass is burnt out adn the heat/humidity is so high it's too gross to go out
  • Hello Ladies!

Kierie: Thank you for the translation-service of the SEL.
    I'm happy to hear about you getting the formal dress.

Lolly: Feeling sad that you did not get one

I did overeat a bit on my DHs birthdayparty on saturday. But I charged it against my sport-bonus-points and so it as ok.

Sunday I cooked a experimental meal with cocoa-milk and it tasted horrible. Waht luck I cooked too much Pommes Frittes and Sausages for my DH, so that I could eat a bit of them. That was it then for sunday. Few food besides the sausages an I was OP!

Today I ate mashed potatoes and red cabbage. Very tasty!!!

Tomorrow is my parents silver wedding and I have to concentrate me on my points. There will be lots of tasty and very fat food!!!

My sister cought money from the whole family to buy a hollywood-swing for them but told me this morning that she didn't manage to buy it. And the garden centre can bring it next week.

I was so AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I'm so happy that I have another a present for my parents. I created a photobook and let a internetshop print it. And I'm going to sing a song for my parents tomorrow night with m guitar.
    I colected nice stories about them in the whole family and texted them to the melody of a popular german pop-song.

So at least I have not to go there with nothing to give in my hands.

I'm so angry! My sister had half a year to buy the swing and she told me today that she didn't do that!!!

Ok that was it from me.
    Have a nice day!

Mareike
  • Mareike that's frustrating! but your book and song will Make them feel great!
    I love red cabbage!
    I'm procrastinating at work so I better put my nose to the grindstone!
  • ooh ooh me too, I *love* red cabbage, especially with apple and onion and spices (I spent a lot of time in Poland a few years back!). Mareike, your song sounds so cool - I hope someone will tape it for you, for posterity Kier - how are the crunches? Tell me if they work and I will try them!

DH is making lovely tuna pasta bake for tea tonight. Unfortunately we aren't topping it with cheese and onion crisps (=chips in the US) like my mum used too, but instead with breadcrumbs and reduced fat cheese. It will still be DELICIOUS and after that I have points left for ice cream! Yay!

bye for now
  • Ah so Red Cabbage is a Polish thing? No wonder why I like it so much (I am half Polish, don't speak it though).

Anyway hope all you ladies are doing well. I had a serious discussion with my FH (future husband) and he wants to get married sooner... actually he wants to elope, but I want my family there. So we actually are discussing having a small ceremony and then a party later on... I am thinking of a candle light wedding....

You see, I won a trip and I have to take it by March 2006. My FH made the point of "you won a trip, that's a paid for honeymoon". I want to take the trip in November so we shall see... I do have one slight complication and that is that I might need surgery... I have no idea when they would schedule that either....

So anyway, I am waiting to do any planning until I discuss stuff with my OB/GYN and see what has to be done with my cervix (I am facing a cold-knife cone biopsy if things don't improve). My Appointment with the doc is August 30th.

I talked to both my mom and the MOH (maid-of-honour) about moving up the wedding. My mom is super supportive and is willing to help me find a minister and would pay for the dinner. The ceremony would include about 15 people and we'd just have a nice relaxing dinner out after.

Then have a party in the winter and make it really relaxed and a fun evening...

I never really wanted to be a conventional bride anyway. I just want to be married.

Again this might not happen this way, we're just discussing it as an idea (well actually, he told me... go ahead plan it.... now I gotta clear the plans with him, I kept asking him if he was serious and he kept saying yes...). I've always loved the idea of a small ceremony. Yes, you do leave people out, but they can celebrate it later in a fun way.

Kierie: I used to have on of those gyspy dresses I wore it for my 20th bday!!

Mareike: I am sure the party will go well anyway, have fun!!

Lolly: I haven't been to a beach in 2 years. I doubt I'll go this summer... but hey this fall I'll be down in Mexico!

Cheers!

Ali
  • Ali:
    I will be keeping a good thought for your medical stuff lady.
    Wedding Stuff. If it is really what you want then totally go for the small Intimate wedding and dinner. This way you have all the people you love and none of the ones you hug and say oh god get me away from them!
    What you can then do is Send out a Wedding announcement with the Party info.
    Or do you want a bigger wedding?
    This is your day! No vacation or whatever should motivate you to change it if you've always dreamed of a Huge White wedding (or Champagne wedding in My case)
    Just my 2 cents.
    Not much going on here today just work Bleh
    I'm going to post 2 nummy recipes later
    Kierie
  • Kierie: Na, I think big weddings are fun, but quite honestly it's never been me. I was never one of those girls that dreamt of doves, limos or even a tierd cake... In fact, when I first started to think about getting married recently I wanted to wear a pink dress... Yes, I am probably the preppiest alterna chickie I know!

Cheers!

Ali
  • Good evening from the UK!
    Ali, I didn't know you were half Polish - jaki ciekawy! (how interesting) - have you ever been? I haven't been over for about 5 years now, and I miss it. Not to mention forgetting all the Polish I learned... And you know, when it comes to your wedding you have to do it your way, because really, it's all about you. Just remember to keep us all updated Sending you good vibes for the tests. Sounds like you've really been through the mill these last few months. And you're still running! So impressed!

Kier - looking forward to the recipes! Can you post the cheesecake one you mentioned before also?

BTW, I have just, for the first time in my life, written a letter (well, an e-mail) to a national newspaper (The Observer). I was so incensed by a tv review they published, about a new environmental programme they are showing this week. The lady who is presenting the programme is a serious environmentalist and extremely professional and you know what the review said? It said she 'looks as if she regularly consumes enough food to feed a small country for a year'. How gratuitous is that? I bet they wouldn't dare make a similar comment about somebody's race or sexuality or disability or even their hair colour. And I bet they wouldn't have thought it was worth mentioning if she was a man. I was SO furious, still am actually. I wonder if they will write back?

Hope you're all having a lovely day!
  • Hi... I haven't posted here in eons after I was razzed about something I said.... So now that I have forgotten why people were so mean, I decided to pop back in and say HI. I am very busy at work since my jobbed did a 180. I am usually exhausted. I am still struggling after having 2 kids.... BTW congrats Belle....

Well, just wanted to say HI and wonder if anyone remembers me....
  • Hey Jen-L
    I just finished my work project and I popped on for some Relaxation. and I was likeOMG JEN-L!
    You made me smile tonight! Come back and post with us!
    -Kierie
  • Good Morning!
    My WOE is kicking butt actually I'm down 2 more to 192. I don't really believe it and lol I don't trust it. But I'm digging the honeymoon phase.
    One thing I noticed and I wanted to bounce this off you ladies
    Since I'm not eating away Neg Emotions I'm not really sure what to do with them. Wierd huh? I don't want to scream and yell or become a B!tcher. So options for letting out would be great.
    bbl
    Kierie
    Todays comment in the Mirror was Holy shmoly I'm smaller!
    I'm also wearign a skirt that I used to feel like a sausage in
  • Go Kier! Wow, that must feel great, with the skirt ... hey, maybe your new dress will fit just fine after all As for -ve emotions ... exercise? worry beads? a mantra? counting to 10? I guess it depends what sort of emotions they are...

Jen? Jen? Is it you? I remember you! I remember when you had Emma and now I read you have 2 daughters ... I just came back last months after 3 years, and since I've been here Stacy and Kim have both popped in, not to mention Becky and Belle and Ali and Kier as well as the new peeps. Come back and let's catch up!

Well, I didn't hear back from the newspaper yet ... but maybe I won't - I'll just be glad if they read it, as long as they don't go printing my letter without warning me. That happened to me once before - I posted a comment on a magazine's website, something about cellulite, and the next month, there it was on their letters page, in the print edition, looking for all the world as if I'd sat down and written them a letter about cellulite! Like I care that much!

Have just been to the end of the communal garden here and picked all the blackberries and my arms are scratched! but I got over a pound and we're having them for dessert tonight, in a crumble. YUM!

right, better go and think about making the crumble topping...

See you later!