Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #59

Ann: It is hard dropping. It really is. You will get it worked out.

Sigh~ really dont want to go but we are going to Winerys again. I want to get back on my plan!
Next week: Foot is better. I WILL get on threadmill!!!!!!!!!!! 4:20 AM

Need to post for my sanity. So easy to get out of the routine, Getting back is so hard. Been 1 Month. And I'm squissy (?) I hate being squissy
Old 08-06-2005, 08:02 AM   #2  

Hey Lily, We are in the same boat. Routine is hard to start and yet so easy to break. I finally quit taking the pain medication because I was good for nothing until noon . So naw maybe I can get back to my tapes at least. Hope you have a good time at the winery's.
Karen
Old 08-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #3  

Me again. just realized Lily started a new thread.

Ann, Sprout just looks puzzled when he hears the booms and cracks. An NO i did not know that Florida is the lightning capital . Your right about it being like fire works. We just got the thunder boomer yesterday. Maybe a sprinkle. Funny since we really do live close. And about Smokey shedding if he does, At Petco or Petsmart they have this sponge like thing that is wonderful at removing animal hair. Not sure what it is called but DIL has one and she has 2 cats and it really works wonders on removing hair.

Have to run going out.
Karen
Old 08-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Quick report - this was not a good weigh-in day. Gained and I don't really understand it, except that I think I retained a lot of fluid. Thurs. I ate a big deli dill pickle and then on Friday I don't think I drank enough water. Hope that is the cause. Do you two leaders have any suggestions? I don't think it could just be the change in points and my struggle with that. I didn't use all my flex points for the week. Out of 35 I used 18. What can you tell me?

I had set a goal to be within 2 lbs of my Lifetime weight by Labor day, and now I know that I am not going to make it. I just have to keep on keepin' on.
Talk to you all later. Ann
Old 08-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Ann. I bet it was the Pickle. And not enough water the next day. Love Pickles. Those big deli Pickles are loaded with Sodium. Best to eat at the first of the week. Bet you will have a big loss next week.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Had to go start dinner

Your right Karen. Hard to get back into the routine but I will. I vow next week to do it. Weird how you work so long at something and with a months time it all goes out the window

Off to watch a movie.

Tomorrow is Clean, Wash, get nails done rush rush.........
Old 08-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #7  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi everyone..

I have just finished reading Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts... has anyone else read this book? I really did enjoy it. It was Oprah's Book Club choice a while back.
Tomorrow is my DH's birthday, so today was spent getting him a gift and preparing for it. We are going to my DD's for the day and my brother & family will join us there. I left things until the last minute.
Nothing new with me, just trying to stay cool. I guess that is what everyone is doing this summer. It sure has been hot everywhere.
Ann Don't give up, the gain is probably temporary. Sometimes there is no reason for the gain. You could still reach your goal in time.

Bye for now..
Old 08-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #8  

Hi All,

Ann just keep at it and it will probably come off next week. Those gains are so frustrating when you think you have done everything right.

Trudy I haven't read that one. I read one of her other ones-can't think of the name right now. I liked it whatever it was. Have fun at the birthday celebration.

Lily have fun at those winerys. I know I would.

We are going to dinner tonight with youngest son, dil and baby. It is ds birthday tomorrow. Think we are going somewhere on the river. Should be a nice night for that. Kentucky has lots of nice places on the river to eat. Cincy missed out by putting the big money pit stadiums on theirs. Still have to get him a gift and I have no idea what to get. Probably something golf related.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #9  
Web Nana

Good Morning!
You are all doing so well with your weight losses that I don't think any small weight gain will last long.

We are having a great weekend... the weather has changed and yesterday and today have been delightful. Friday was DH's BD and we went to the shore for lunch. Our favorite restaurant and although it was just across from the water it was warm...on the way home the car thermometer registered 102 deg. Had to turn the air on just to breath when we got home. Then had T storms and it changed. By the way DH had the most unusual lunch....Corn & Lobster Rissotto with the equivalent of a whole lobster in it. I took a bite and it was so good. However I had all I could do to finish my Crazy Shrimp Ceasar Salad. Greens, 10 Grilled Shrimp, Mozzarella Cheese squares, Asparagus, Grilled Grape Tomatoes and lots of Roasted Garlic. MMMMGood!!!
On Saturday we went to a party, on the north shore (1 hr away), with some of his former co-workers and they had a BD cake with candles for him. We had a great time and as we don't see them too often we just sat and chatted and laughed all evening.

Today DD#2 has asked us over for an in the kitchen clambake. That will make a 3 day BD celebration for ole Mr. "Spirit of 76". He picked up another hat with "76" on the front so I suppose he will now look for one for next year with "77".

Karen & Ann: I don't know as I would like to live in the T Storm capital....Last Monday midnight we had a storm that had 'rolling thunder" for 1 hour with constant lightning. I don't remember having one that intense for a long time and if we don't have one again for a long time thats OK, too.

Well I think I will make something to bring to DD's tonight.....can't go empty handed.

Have a good Sunday all.

Gloria

Last edited by nanacas; 08-07-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Gloria: That salad sounds wonderful! I love Cesar Salads in any form.

So many BD celebrations! Happy BD to all!

Nope Trudy havent read. Im getting worse at reading. Weekends we play or clean. Just no time to read anymore. I hope I can get back into it more. I really do miss it
Old 08-08-2005, 12:11 AM   #11  

G'day all,

A lot of activity here

Ann that is a bit of a mystery that you gained , how disappointing.

Karen I am sure you will feel a lot better not taking the pain medication. Are you back to feeling the way before you had your 'bingle'?

Lily wineries and wine are wonderful but they sure are a killer when you try and loose some weight
I am best to stay off any wine when I am seriously trying to get some excess weight off. It would not be so bad if I would sticke to just one or two glasses but alas that is just about impossible for me so it is best not to start.

Gloria Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your husband. A bit hot for me 102
I really enjoy thunderstorms rolling in, but I HATE flying in electrical storms.
Last time we returned from Singapore, I was really quite petrified, incredible turbulance whilst flying through an electrical storm. I knew from my own flying days (100 years ago now ) that it can be very dangerous, I have never been nervous of flying but I was then.
The recent crash of the Air France jet in Canada is again proof how dangerous electrical storms are.

Trudy I must keep an eye out for the book you mentioned, I have yet to read a bad book from the Oprah Book Club.
I hope you will have a nice day with your dh for his birthday. Has the recent dental work you had done settled a bit?

Peggy 'Cincy' is that Cincinatti? It gets really hard buying birthday presents, everyone seems to have most things they want. Hope you had a nice day on the river.

We had a nice weekend, it has been quite cold here but spring is not far away.
We took dh's 93 year old father to watch our ds play football last Saturday. We were a bit doubtful if he would last the day but he thoroughly enjoyed himself. DS introduced him to a few of the players and he was just in his element.

Another busy week with lots to do
Old 08-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: After being up many times in the night Sat. I am back to where I should be. Darn Pickles Now lets hope I can take it down a bit more. Just finished riding 6 miles on my bike.

I have to share a nice experience. Today I received a letter and booklet from one of my old classes of students. They were celebrating their 35th class reunion. I had received an invitation, but of course couldn't go. So the booklet contains names and addresses of all those 'kids' from long ago. And I also received a CD that one of them made. He is no.1 pianist at the Dallas Gaylord Texas Resort. It is nice to be able say I knew him when he was in the 2nd grade. It was such a thoughtful thing for them to do. So now I am listening to Kenny's CD while writing this. It is nice to know that I am remembered, and that I did have some influence in their lives, concerning music.

Maria: Hard to remember that you are going into Apring and Summer while we are going into Fall and Winter.

See you all later. I'm enjoying some nice music. Ann
Old 08-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: How was your dinner? Sounds fun to be on the river for dinner. We have that here to but very rarely go as its so hard to get reservations. Its always full its so popular.

Maria: I know. And when we go we only go to 1 and come home. I never have it during the week. But I always have 2 on Sat. Never hurt me before.

Ann: Glad you are back to where you should be. Pickles are killers. But Yummmmmmmm. I do love them. Im sure you will make your goal you set

Woo Hoo Vacation is set. We were going to go to The Big Island Hawaii. But I have heard so many good things About Kauai we decided to go there. Made all our reservations today. Cant wait!
7 Days Next Month

http://www.hawaiicity.com/hawaiimap/Kauaimap.html

Night!

Last edited by LilyG; 08-08-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:50 AM   #14  

Hi All,

Lily I am envious of your vacation. I think you will have a great time. I bet you can't wait.

Gloria -yum-those meals sound great. Tell your dh happy belated birthday. Is it still that hot there?

Ann I think you are my hero riding that many miles on your bike. I am going to start riding mine again today. Don't think I can do that many miles though.

Maria I wish we were going into spring instead of fall. I love fall but hate winter. It seems to last so long. The first time I flew I was 7 and we went through a horrific thunderstorm. I was scared to death. That was back in the old days with the little planes.

Have to get out and water the plants. This heat keeps wilting them. I guess I am making the water company happy.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #15  

G'day all,

It has been quite cold here the last week or so with lots of rain

Peggy do you have water restrictions? We are barred from watering the garden between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm in the summer. You are allowed to hand water but no hose. We have an automatic sprinkler system that comes on at 5 am. Hence I am pleased with the rain we have now.

Ann I bet you were pleased with the CD, how thoughtful for them to send it to you. 6 miles on your bike, wow that is quite a distance, good for you.

your holiday sounds good Lily I am a little puzzled why do you go when you still have summer , I thought the most popular time to go is in your winter or is that the very reason why you choose to go next month?

Not much happening down-under, I keep myself busy with my work and I have also started going to the library again.

Hi to everyone else......

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread